Several problems with BP

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#21 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 04:13 PM

Is there a vanilla item with > 3 extended headers? Otherwise, point me to a mod ITM (or even attach one so I don't have to download mega-mods!) that I can play around with and work out what is going on. At the very least, I should be able to fix the incorrect charges issue so that the 1st header charges doesn't get overwritten.

The other question is whether this was intended? Are there any items that make use of 1st and 4th abilities sharing a charge?

Edited by Ascension64, 09 February 2011 - 04:14 PM.

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU and Mods
Throne of Bhaal Extender (TobEx)

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#22 the bigg

the bigg

2083 is a prime number.

• Modder
  • 3331 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 04:24 PM

I don't think that 'intention' is the right term to use when speaking of TDD/SoS/CtB/... items. It's far more likely that the author added an item with nine (!) extended header effects and never noticed an issue with charges misbehaving.

Italian users: help test the Stivan NPC!

Author or Co-Author: WeiDU - Widescreen - Generalized Biffing - Refinements - TB#Tweaks - IWD2Tweaks - TB#Characters - Traify Tool - Some mods that I won't mention in public
Maintainer: Semi-Multi Clerics - Nalia Mod - Nvidia Fix
Code dumps: Detect custom secondary types - Stutter Investigator

If possible, send diffs, translations and other contributions using Git.

#23 10th

10th
  • 621 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 05:08 PM

@items
Here you go. All of those have recharge after resting, none of those mentioned in tooltips.2da seems to have limited charges. Non-tooltip.2da items with a lot of extended header effects can also be found in Dark Horizons for bgt 2.05, but those are of the infinite cast variety.

Polaw4a is from TDD.
The cb(whatever) are from CtB (There are quite few more with lots of extended header effects).
Cmplat04 is from Dark Horizons.

10th

Attached Files

Avast! You cannot defeat our titan-mounted submarine staffed by cannibal vikings! - Nodwick

"I grab his deceased spirit and piledrive it back into his body, duplicating raise dead." - Psyren Oots board

#24 horred the plague

horred the plague

Scourge of the Seven Seas

• Modder
  • 1899 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 02:19 PM

I don't think that 'intention' is the right term to use when speaking of TDD/SoS/CtB/... items. It's far more likely that the author added an item with nine (!) extended header effects and never noticed an issue with charges misbehaving.

This brings back memories, of the original TeamBG tools; when NearInfinity was still a lad, and weidu was barely a sproutling. There was a lot of experimentation in those days, and on top of it the tools often did things you didn't intend them to. Large mods in particular were a big crap-shoot. For CtB, I remember Charles going through great efforts to learn weidu so he could code the mod up; I'm pretty certain a few non-intended oops'es came into being. Don't feel the slightest bit of intimidation, if cleaning these up. I truly doubt Max, Minto, or Charles Bisson would mind a bit, and would more likely thank you for it. :)

#25 the bigg

the bigg

2083 is a prime number.

• Modder
  • 3331 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 03:03 PM

Unfortunately, the Maintainers prefer to keep the original design decisions over rationality (I recall <person> refusing to shorten the Fence kit description in SoS, even if it was known to crash the game in some languages and looked out of place next to the rest of the kits).

Author or Co-Author: WeiDU - Widescreen - Generalized Biffing - Refinements - TB#Tweaks - IWD2Tweaks - TB#Characters - Traify Tool - Some mods that I won't mention in public

#26 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 05:03 AM

Unfortunately, the Maintainers prefer to keep the original design decisions over rationality

Eh, the only person really "maintaining" those mods nowadays is Hoppy, and I'm pretty sure he's open to rational changes.

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
================================================================
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#27 the bigg

the bigg

2083 is a prime number.

• Modder
  • 3331 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 05:19 AM

Romantic pairings in 'The Bold and the Beautiful' are easier to follow than who is doing what to the BiGs. Besides, Hoppy likes to keep the vision.

#28 flight of the swallow

flight of the swallow
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 07:08 AM

So, after extract the IRFixpack and change the BP tp2 a bit, the installation was succesful.
Thank you very much.

However, if you still need the changelog, I´ve edited the post above =).

#29 Fennek

Fennek
  • 355 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 09:13 PM

Is it possible that BP changes Koshi's (one of the slave lords in the temple district) inventory? If one installed baldurdash v1.68, one needs a letter (scrl3ibd.itm) and a gem (thieves stone, in English?) to enter the twisted rune in the bridge district. A mod (BP or SCS, as it seems) changes the letter into a special gem (scrl3i.itm) which also gives a vague description to go to the bridge district (same as the letter). However, the trigger at the door is not changed. Might be an incompatibility between SCS and BP or just a bug in one of them (or whatever...).

(...)
override/HLKOSHI.CRE
override/HLKOSHI.CRE tp\backup/1/HLKOSHI.CRE
override/HLKOSHI.CRE BPv180/BACKUP/0/HLKOSHI.CRE
override/HLKOSHI.CRE scs/backup/5024/HLKOSHI.CRE
override/HLKOSHI.CRE scsII/backup/6000/HLKOSHI.CRE
(...)

#30 10th

10th
  • 621 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 06:01 AM

Actually the cause is Tactics and if that's not installed it's Grimuars.

Tactics overwrites hlkoshi with its own version of him, giving him amongst other things a modified scrl3i.itm. That's originally a letter to Mirianne, BG2 remnant of a BG1 sidequest, BGT uses its own custom item for that, bgscrl3i.itm. Tactics's scrl3i.itm has coincidentally the same text as Baldurdash's scrl3ibd.itm, fluff text pointing to the entry to the Twisted Rune.

Grimuars adds all those manuals and tomes of raising x from bg1 to bg2 locations and enemies. Unfortunately that's accomplished by overwriting creatures, instead of patching them or scripts connected with those creatures (area scripts or their own).

Baldurdash introduces 'the Twisted Rune quest' if you can call it that, by requiring that you clean out the guarded compound in the Temple district. This way you should acquire scrl3ibd.itm off of Koshi's corpse, which was added as an additional item you have to have in your possession if you want to enter the Twisted Rune's hideout.
Add the overwriting from Tactics and Grimuars and you'll have an inaccessible Twisted Rune.

10th

Edited by 10th, 19 February 2011 - 06:02 AM.

Avast! You cannot defeat our titan-mounted submarine staffed by cannibal vikings! - Nodwick

"I grab his deceased spirit and piledrive it back into his body, duplicating raise dead." - Psyren Oots board