• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 07:15 AM

I got this when installing the "Enemy items shatter" component on BWP. I think there was some old topic on this in conjuction with Aurora, but this install did not have Aurora.

MTOWN2.CRE: all slots full for extend.
FAILURE:
Conflict in priority list.
Stopping installation because of error.
ERROR: [MTOWN2.CRE] -> [override] Patching Failed (COPY) (Failure("Conflict in priority list."))

This appears to be a hardcoded FAIL in the tp2 rather than a WeiDU error.

Why not just PRINT a warning rather than FAIL? I doubt we're really going to care if the odd peasant's weapon doesn't break in that deadly 20-turn showdown we have with him :D.

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#2 Mad Mate

Mad Mate
  • 191 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 08:26 AM

Reason it fails is Fishing for trouble mod. I don't know why, but if you skip FFT, "Enemy items shatter" would install without problems.
I think Leonardo tried to fix this in batch file with removing MTOWN2.CRE from override folder before installing this component.

But his line didn't work for me, so I changed it from:
%IFS%dq%IFIF%Severian%IFIF%BPv180.exe %IF% ".\override\MTOWN2.CRE" move ".\override\MTOWN2.CRE" ".\%BWFP%\_temp\override" | %M%
Call %INST% BGTTweak "2400"
%IF% ".\%BWFP%\_temp\override\MTOWN2.CRE" move ".\%BWFP%\_temp\override\MTOWN2.CRES" ".\override" | %M%
to:
%IFS%dq.exe %IF% ".\override\MTOWN2.CRE" move ".\override\MTOWN2.CRE" ".\%BWFP%\_temp\override" | %M%
Call %INST% BGTTweak "2400"
%IF% ".\%BWFP%\_temp\override\MTOWN2.CRE" move ".\%BWFP%\_temp\override\MTOWN2.CRE" ".\override" | %M%

Hope it helps...

#3 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 02:47 PM

The component fails because if MTOWN2 ends up being on the priority list for adding the script, and it cannot get extended, the component will never get a successful iteration. This obviously depends on the entire combination of CRE files out there.

If you want to try and go ahead with this, you can edit BGTTweak\24\CREExcl.txt and add MTOWN2 to it. It currently contains all the BG2 creatures that are not (also) used in BG1.

Edited by Ascension64, 13 March 2011 - 02:47 PM.

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU and Mods
Throne of Bhaal Extender (TobEx)

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#4 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 02:59 PM

Reason it fails is Fishing for trouble mod. I don't know why, but if you skip FFT, "Enemy items shatter" would install without problems.

I don't see how that can possibly be the case, because FFT doesn't touch mtown2.cre. The only mods that do on my install are (according to weidu --change-log mtown2.cre):

BG2 Fixpack #110 (Additional script fixes)
SCS #5024 (Potions for NPCs -> 3/4 breakage)
XPMod #1 (XP Reduction -> to 50%)

I can't test it again because it's already installed and biffed with other mods after it, but I guess adding it to BGTTweak\24\CREExcl.txt might be the best plan for now. I can see why it can't get a new script assigned; is it not possible to extend an existing one? The P5Tweaks "frozen death item drops" component did something like that (hopefully obsolete now with TobEx).

Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#5 Mad Mate

Mad Mate
  • 191 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 03:33 PM

That I didn't understand also. I also did change-log with same results like you but "Enemy items shatter" always failed if FFT was installed before. I did install with and without and differences were:

-with FFT installed before BTTweaks:
Spoiler

-with FFT installed after BTTweaks:
Spoiler

I think it is combination of cre files that did error, like Ascension64 said. I didn't know, at that time, that I can exclude cre file, so I used Leonardo's solution, but I think that ASC64's is best and simplest.
In attach are my weidu.logs before and after. I have also debugs if you want.
Thanx.

EDIT:
This is what it looks like when I installed FFT before BTTweaks using Leonardo's method (moving MTOWN2.CRE before):
Spoiler

P.S. Like you said in first post, this is rather unimportant, but it puzzled me, so I investigated a little bit. Sorry.

Attached Files

Edited by Mad Mate, 13 March 2011 - 04:30 PM.

#6 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 03:47 PM

Well those ys*.cre files are from FFT but I don't know why they'd conflict with extending mtown2.cre. Then again, I didn't really try to understand the code... apparently it goes through "iterations" or something.

#7 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 05:22 PM

The success depends on the entire mix of CRE files and their script states, not just a single file.
The limitation of the iterative method I suppose is that it always starts off processing from A->Z. If you worked through the CRE files from Z->A instead, you might get a completely different result.

MTOWN2 failed because it needed to be a priority fix + there was no way to prioritise adding the script to MTOWN2 because 1) MTOWN2 has full script list AND 2) there is no way to extend MTOWN2 scripts in an iteration such that the extension occurs only in one of the scripts used by MTOWN2.

I know the code is really complicated, I get confused by it too.

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#8 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 09:00 PM

2) there is no way to extend MTOWN2 scripts in an iteration such that the extension occurs only in one of the scripts used by MTOWN2.

Why does it matter if you extend a script that's also used on some other CRE? Isn't the point to have all enemy (nonmagical) items shatter? It's not like mtown2 would be an enemy in most cases anyway (so it doesn't seem like you're checking allegiance, which can vary anyhow).

#9 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 12 June 2011 - 06:53 PM

Sorry for a really late reply.
The component tries to patch all NPCs, which accounts for allegiance changes.
The reason why only one script of each NPC should be patched is that the scripts themselves contains probability responses. If an NPC had two identical script blocks in differrent scripts, the probability responses get invoked twice, doubling the percentage chance that the shattering actually occurs.
At the end of the day, there is an endless possibility of detail that one could go into (such as checking the inventory for shatterable items and excluding the CRE if they don't have any of those items, etc.). By far the majority of cases though, the patching works well enough.

--------------
Retired Modder

#10 Beleg33

Beleg33

AKA Adanedhel on G3

• 521 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 10:08 AM

Bumping this thread because this error still happens.
Looks like there's no way around it though? Reporting anyway in case you don't have enough stuff to do with TobEx and other Asc64!

VICONI.cre: all slots full for extend.
FAILURE:
Conflict in priority list.
ERROR: [VICONI.cre] -> [override] Patching Failed (COPY) (Failure("Conflict in priority list."))

ERROR Installing [Enemy items shatter], rolling back to previous state
Unable to Unlink [bgttweak/backup/2400/OTHER.2400]: Unix.Unix_error(1, "unlink", "bgttweak/backup/2400/OTHER.2400")
[bgttweak/backup/2400/UNSETSTR.2400] SET_STRING uninstall info not found
Will uninstall 380 files for [SETUP-BGTTWEAK.TP2] component 2400.

It looks like there's an error with uninstalling though? IDK :D
Random spambot #8434678 said :

you should liquor multiplying great deal supplment your to office apparel predicated copy may possibly be an go through check out this behave as more busy den has an interest in pc

#11 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 12:07 AM

Sorry, don't use that component then.

--------------
Retired Modder

#12 Salk

Salk
  • Modder
  • 1411 posts

Donator

Posted 09 June 2015 - 09:09 AM

I noticed this only now, after I opened a topic about it.

Apparently this component is pretty sensitive and Beleg33 had my same problem.

What I did was to add VICONI.CRE to the exclusion list and that made the component install successfully but it'd still be nice to know more about what happened...

Edited by Salk, 09 June 2015 - 09:12 AM.