Where is he?

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 -Grand Poobah-

-Grand Poobah-

Posted 09 May 2011 - 04:26 PM

After finding Elminster in Trademeet, he said to meet him and the other guy at the Den of Seven Vails, but they are never there.

#2 Shaitan

Shaitan
  • 800 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 10:57 PM

And you've solved all the quests inbetween?

#3 -Grand Poobah-

-Grand Poobah-

Posted 10 May 2011 - 06:31 AM

And you've solved all the quests inbetween?

#4 -Grand Poobah-

-Grand Poobah-

Posted 10 May 2011 - 06:34 AM

No, I can't find the area, there is nothing on my map. I'm thinking that the mod did not load properly.

#5 Shaitan

Shaitan
  • 800 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 08:25 PM

So you got tghe quest from Elminster, and left Trademeet, and your worldmap don't show a new area on the coast? Strange something seems to have gone wrong on your install. Let's see what Yovaneth says.

#6 -Grand Poobah-

-Grand Poobah-

Posted 10 May 2011 - 09:27 PM

I reinstalled the mod, but no change. I'm wondering if I need to start a new game?

#7 Yovaneth

Yovaneth

The newly-appointed Master Builder of Baldur's Gate

• Modder
  • 3058 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 02:04 AM

I've no idea! When you installed FFT, did you see any possible error messages at all in the Weidu window? Can you check your ToB installation to make sure that all folders are read/write and not read-only?

-Y-

#8 -Grand Poobah-

-Grand Poobah-

Posted 11 May 2011 - 05:29 PM

I've no idea! When you installed FFT, did you see any possible error messages at all in the Weidu window? Can you check your ToB installation to make sure that all folders are read/write and not read-only?

-Y-

#9 -Grand Poobah-

-Grand Poobah-

Posted 11 May 2011 - 05:32 PM

No error messages. How do I check my ToB files as you asked?

#10 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 12:22 PM

No, I can't find the area, there is nothing on my map. I'm thinking that the mod did not load properly.

You probably have the Worldmap and/or other megamods without the FFT-Worldmap patch (which is posted elsewhere by someone else, not something Yovaneth has done). Post the contents of your WeiDU.log file (in SPOILER tags to avoid spam).

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
================================================================
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#11 -Grand Poobah-

-Grand Poobah-

Posted 13 May 2011 - 03:23 PM

I did try installing the world map, but it didn't help, so I uninstalled it. But if this patch might help, where can I find it?

#12 ilot

ilot
  • 574 posts

Posted 15 May 2011 - 02:58 AM

I did try installing the world map, but it didn't help, so I uninstalled it. But if this patch might help, where can I find it?

You can take a look here (post #17):
http://www.shsforums...ility-with-fft/

Italian mods tanslator!!!!

#13 -Grand Poobah-

-Grand Poobah-

Posted 20 May 2011 - 06:31 PM

I solved the problem by starting a new game; after leaving the dungeon I rushed out to Trademeet, spoke to Elminster, and the new site was there, along with a new city district. I'm looking forward to playing the mod.

#14 Yovaneth

Yovaneth

The newly-appointed Master Builder of Baldur's Gate

• Modder
  • 3058 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 07:24 PM

That's good news; thank you for letting us know.

-Y-