ADGINPAC.CRE (Angelo NPC) CTD

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 micbaldur

micbaldur

Retired Perkele, Ultimate BWP player

• 1692 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 07:32 PM

I encounter this ADGINPAC.CRE CTD in this BWP install. Just like previous BWP install. Topic here.

Here are some info.

Weidu.log:
Spoiler

Baldur.err:
Spoiler

Change-log:
Spoiler

ADGINPAC.CRE file:
Attached File  ADGINPAC.CRE   1.75K   232 downloads

Baldur.err is the same as previous CTD. This time i can add the Change-log info. I haven't tried other cre-files from those backup folders yet. I try those later today.

Calling Miloch :P are you here.

Other question regarding Hoppy is he still around i might need his help again with these BIG BP mods.

Update:

I tested other adginpac.cre from backup folders and 0004 from xpmod also CTD but 0003 from infinityanimations doesn't CTD. So the situation is same as last time.

I'm sure that Miloch :P sort this out quickly this time. I'm willing to help any i can.

Edited by micbaldur, 21 June 2011 - 11:56 AM.

CHARNAMEs excellent adventures in the world of BWP expert-install here

Thanks to Leonardo Watson for making this possible

#2 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 08:05 PM

Sad and frightening thing that Miloch and Hoppy are MIA.

I hope that they aren't gone forever. :crying:

#3 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 03:42 AM

It is a codepage issue with certain languages such as Polish, I think. Even if it's set to 1252 it's missing the cent symbol ¢ though it has most of the other symbols. If you open the character map (usually under the Start menu, Accessories) see if it's there at A2, should be to the left of the pound symbol £ (A3). You might have to change the language of the OS - there's instructions in the IA readme. If that doesn't work, don't install the 'Moinesse's avatars' component - everything else should work. Not sure where Hoppy is - probably busy like me but still looks in from time to time. Best to post in the forums for the mods so he'll see it though. Things get buried quickly in the megamod forum.

Edited by Miloch, 07 July 2011 - 03:43 AM.

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#4 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 07:05 AM

I have that cent symbol (A2) in the character map and it's left from pound symbol (A3).

It's strange that this CTD happens again this BWP install. Then i'll probably have those DDMANARC.CRE (ARPO27) and DDGENERA.CRE (ARPO29) CTD from TDD mega quest also.

These aren't big problems because i know how to fix them. Maybe these CTD are some local problems in my BWP install. I haven't heard anyone else having these CTDs.

Well regarding installing/not installing Moinesse Avatar component my next BWP install happens after i finish this one. I'm only at BG2 chapter 2 and just started those Hoppy's BIG mods. So next BWP install maybe next year. :P

Well regarding Hoppy i don't have any problems with his mods so far. It's only my general observation that he hasn't been here recently. :(

#5 JustMe

JustMe
  • 47 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 08:45 AM

I just would like to add, that I too have had this. It was the (exact) same error as yours, with the same .cre file (Genpachi from Angelo NPC mod) and I solved it the exact same way as you. So it is not just your installation :)

For me, the TobEx log wrote the exact same error message.

I'm so glad that InfinityAnimations keeps backups :)

#6 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 11:15 AM

I just would like to add, that I too have had this. It was the (exact) same error as yours, with the same .cre file (Genpachi from Angelo NPC mod) and I solved it the exact same way as you. So it is not just your installation :)

For me, the TobEx log wrote the exact same error message.

I'm so glad that InfinityAnimations keeps backups :)

I could say that i'm glad you have this CTD too :P but i won't because these CDT are annoying.

To anyone who's interested in possible bugs and oddities in BWP here is topic from previous BWP install. Some of those problems are already fixed and some of then aren't. Some of them probably aren't bugs just something i mess up (i have expert BWP install with some mods that aren't in BWP).

#7 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 09:26 PM

Can those of you who have had this problem please post your operating system language (Polish, Russian, English, etc.) and your code page number (1251, 1252, etc. if you can - there's instructions in the readme link above). I am fairly sure this is a codepage-specific problem but as yet haven't been able to isolate it.

Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#8 JustMe

JustMe
  • 47 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 08:32 AM

Well, I don't know what my "codepage number" is exactly (I didnt find how to lookup this info in the IA readme - maybe I missed it) but my OS language is English and the setting "non-unicode programs" in regional settings in the (XP) control panel, is set to Swedish.

I also can not find the character table that you speak of to look for the cent symbol, however, everything (and i mean *everything*) else that has to do with IA works 100% in my game. All animations show up properly, and I have no other crashes.

And also, when installed, it does not complain about the codepage. And there are no warnings when it installs.

I can provide more info if you require it :) it's a bit of nasty bug. Easily solved, but the first time I got it, it took me a good while to find how to solve it (since the particular error seems to be about bad lightmaps generally, and I had no idea that some Genpachi was going to spawn and I simply couldnt exit the Deep Gardens without crash)

[edit]
According to this page, I have the codepage number "1252" and indeed support for the cent symbol.

Edited by JustMe, 08 July 2011 - 08:42 AM.

#9 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 08:54 AM

My OS language is Finland and codepage is 1252 and i have the cent symbol in character map.

#10 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 09:05 AM

I can provide more info if you require it :) it's a bit of nasty bug. Easily solved, but the first time I got it, it took me a good while to find how to solve it (since the particular error seems to be about bad lightmaps generally, and I had no idea that some Genpachi was going to spawn and I simply couldnt exit the Deep Gardens without crash)

Here is link to topic when i first time encounter that CTD if anyone is interested to read about it.

Well :whistling: i did mess up that topic pretty badly by mixing several issues that i have in that BWP install.

I apologize Miloch and others for messing that topic or any other. :blush: I'm a noob in this posting thing. I try not mess these topic's again.

#11 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 10:58 PM

It's strange that this CTD happens again this BWP install. Then i'll probably have those DDMANARC.CRE (ARPO27) and DDGENERA.CRE (ARPO29) CTD from TDD mega quest also.

Hoppy fixed those at least some time ago, I'm pretty sure. It was a glitch with the creature's weapon .itm file rather than any real animation issue. This could also be the case with adginpac.cre but it is hard for me to tell without reproducing the whole setup. I'm not sure if we ever resolved the problem with your previous post (last update here I think) so I'll attempt to see if it's the Moinesse component at least.

#12 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 03:04 AM

Well, I finally figured this one out - is due to a one stupid orcish code typo (relating to a bogus palette entry of all things - nothing to do with animations or code pages). You can install this fix after IA or fix it yourself prior to installing the mod by changing in infinityanimations/lib/t-moines.tpa:
WRITE_BYTE 0x2f 153
To:
WRITE_BYTE 0x2f 13

Incidentally, I tested those TDD CREs with IA while I was there and had no crashes with those.

#13 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 09:15 AM

Well, I finally figured this one out - is due to a one stupid orcish code typo (relating to a bogus palette entry of all things - nothing to do with animations or code pages). You can install this fix after IA or fix it yourself prior to installing the mod by changing in infinityanimations/lib/t-moines.tpa:

WRITE_BYTE 0x2f 153
To:
WRITE_BYTE 0x2f 13

Incidentally, I tested those TDD CREs with IA while I was there and had no crashes with those.

Thank you for all the efforts you make for bugfree BWP. :coolthumb:

Well i have noticed that so far all BIG mod bugs that i encounter in my previous BWP have been fixed by Hoppy (i haven't done many yet).

#14 JustMe

JustMe
  • 47 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 12:52 PM

Thanks for tracking it down, Miloch! :)