Photo

Need help to reverse fallen class after zombie state

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 udjank_ali

udjank_ali
  • 11 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 06:19 PM

Okay, so here I am at the cave trying to get the key for the tanari. I took the ghoul bed potion, however the trap won't let me pass unless I really turn into full zombie, which means the antidote is now useless.
So i turned into zombie, grab the key and gave it to the tanari, and met Elminster at the pub to cure me.
Now here's the problem, turning back into the normal state didn't change the portrait, allignment and gender, and the game crashed when I try to change the appearance. So I had to use Shadowkeeper to solve this, and it worked. But one last thing is now I lost my ranger class (it's still stated as fallen ranger) and I can't find any way to reverse it back, I tried near infinity and shadowkeeper but can't find the correct parameter anywhere.
Can anyone help me with this? Thanks :)

Edited by udjank_ali, 11 July 2011 - 06:20 PM.

#2 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 08:40 PM

"Fallen" flags are set around the field at 0x10 in .cre creature files (which are in turn embedded in .chr character files) same place as dual-class flags. I'm not sure how Shadowkeeper handles it but NI can change it. But it shouldn't work like this AFAIK - everything in your original attributes should be restored when it's canceled (with the possible exception of your portrait but that's easy enough to fix).

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#3 -maximus2001-

-maximus2001-

Posted 11 July 2011 - 08:41 PM

Oh how I hate that. One of the main reasons I quit my last game and did a new install. Even after fixing with Near Infinity I couldn't get my special abilities back because refinements mod took them away - I hope you don't have that installed.

What I did was:

1)Open a save with NearInfinity-click on Baldur.gam or Baldur.sav, the one that lists the characters in party.

2)Click on your Pc, it should say Char1 or something.

3)Then click on edit tab, this should show a long list of stuff.

4)Find the line where it says Ranger/fallen and click edit.

5)Select the normal ranger class, then save your changes.

Then if you lost your spells or special class abilities, use Shadowkeeper to check an older save (under the affects tab) against the new save. IIRC there is an affect that stops abilities, delete it and you should be ok. Its been a while since I did that, so if that doesn't work I can check how I did it again.

Good luck!

Also I am at that location right now and have not found this potion yet. I had searched the whole village and missed the house with the dude in it. Thats what happens when you search at night... :lol:

#4 udjank_ali

udjank_ali
  • 11 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 12:11 AM

Oh how I hate that. One of the main reasons I quit my last game and did a new install. Even after fixing with Near Infinity I couldn't get my special abilities back because refinements mod took them away - I hope you don't have that installed.

What I did was:

1)Open a save with NearInfinity-click on Baldur.gam or Baldur.sav, the one that lists the characters in party.

2)Click on your Pc, it should say Char1 or something.

3)Then click on edit tab, this should show a long list of stuff.

4)Find the line where it says Ranger/fallen and click edit.

5)Select the normal ranger class, then save your changes.

Then if you lost your spells or special class abilities, use Shadowkeeper to check an older save (under the affects tab) against the new save. IIRC there is an affect that stops abilities, delete it and you should be ok. Its been a while since I did that, so if that doesn't work I can check how I did it again.

Good luck!

Also I am at that location right now and have not found this potion yet. I had searched the whole village and missed the house with the dude in it. Thats what happens when you search at night... :lol:

Hey, I tried it and it works! Thanks alot :)
Oh, about the potion, you need to pass the trap and get teleported first, then go and talk to the tanari again. He'll tell you that no living can pass and you should go to Ceinwen. She's in Government district west, and she'll give you some quest before giving you the potion.
You can pass the trap without the potion, just use boots of speed, it takes several tries but it works. But the bad thing is you'll miss some interesting quest and plot :)

#5 Yovaneth

Yovaneth

The newly-appointed Master Builder of Baldur's Gate

• Modder
  • 3058 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 01:45 AM

There is a way out of the full ghoul state.
Spoiler

-Y-

#6 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 02:01 PM

That should be foolproof for removing the ghoul state, because:
Spoiler
The other stuff (gender, alignment) shouldn't stick once it's reversed - at least it didn't in my testing but it was a while ago; maybe someone could test it further.

Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#7 udjank_ali

udjank_ali
  • 11 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 04:46 PM

That should be foolproof for removing the ghoul state, because:

Spoiler
The other stuff (gender, alignment) shouldn't stick once it's reversed - at least it didn't in my testing but it was a while ago; maybe someone could test it further.

I already had Elminster turned me back into normal, but as I said earlier the portrait, gender, and alignment are still the ghoul's, and worse yet my class is now fallen. I had to resort to NI and SK to solve this.
Here's my savegame right after Elminster removed the curse, it could be a bug or something, I thought you'd want to figure it out.

Attached Files

Edited by udjank_ali, 12 July 2011 - 04:47 PM.

#8 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 02:41 AM

I already had Elminster turned me back into normal, but as I said earlier the portrait, gender, and alignment are still the ghoul's, and worse yet my class is now fallen.

You are right, these are engine bugs. Apparently certain opcodes aren't removed after you've applied them with a 'when equipped' item and that item is then removed.

I modded the item to remove those opcodes and also the reputation hit (which should prevent paladins and rangers from falling on being transformed). I left the portrait change for now because it's easy enough to change that back through the game interface. But I'll try asking if the engine bugs can be fixed in the TobEx forum (see this post).
Attached File  ysghoul1.itm   3.12K   248 downloads
To fix it, you can put that file in the dq/items folder before installing the mod or in the override folder after installing the mod. Won't help if Elminster already changed you back but it will any time before that.