Photo

Fix Area Creature References causing script problems

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Hardrada

Hardrada
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 09:05 PM

I installed Infinity Animations for my current playthrough of the Baldur's Gate series, and while it is generally an improvement I ran across some bugs, most notably in the githyanki attack on Saemon's ship cutscene where everyone just stood around until the githyanki captain teleported in. After much fustration I identified the culprit as the modified area file where some pirates and all the githyanki except the captain should have unique actor names which are referred to in the cutscene script (cut41zf.bcs), but lack them in the modified file.

After checking all the area files modified by Infinity Animations in Baldur's Gate II I have identified the following areas where unique actor names should be used.
ar1302 kptrol05, kpserv02
ar1514 vam1514a, vam1514b
ar1516 ppshad01-06
ar1607 ppdie1-4, ppgith90-93, ppgith97-99
ar2200 daway1, daway2, daduer4a-4c
ar2201 udmove01, udmove02
ar2400 slave100-107, udgith03-05
ar5003 sarwench
ar5500 gateguard5500 x2, amarch03-06

I also checked through the Tutu files but I did not notice any areas with unique actor names. Restoring the files from the Infinity Animations backup folder fixed my problem with the githyanki attack and should prevent further bugs.

#2 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 12:02 AM

Known issue (but previously only reported with Aurora's similar component I think). Will fix in the next release, thanks for the detailed report. You can work around it as you said or just uninstall that component (since it is force-installed, you can force-uninstall it by opening a command prompt to your game folder and typing: setup-infinityanimations.exe --force-uninstall 9000).

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
================================================================
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle