Jan Jansen magic weapon in use

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 -Firebringer-

-Firebringer-

Posted 11 August 2011 - 07:54 AM

I've got BWP 9.10 installed and I've noticed a strangeness with Jan that I never had a problem with in the vanilla BGII/ToB version. Whenever I try to remove his crossbow or equip him with another weapon I get the message 'magic weapon in use' and I cannot change his weapons. I even used ShadowKeeper to change the weapon he was equipped with to a dagger but when I loaded the game up it showed him equipped with his fist and still displayed the text 'magic weapon in use' whenever I tried to click in his equipped weapons area.

Anybody else have this problem or know how to fix it? Jan is kind of a personal favorite of mine so it would be nice to be able to use him, but I'll have to pass on him if I can't equip him with a different weapon.

I have basic proficiency with Near Infinity if that tool could help me solve this problem somehow.

P.S. I did a Google search and a SHS search (though I'm not confident that the SHS search is working at all) on this topic but I came up empty so I'm down to starting a new topic.

Thanks in advance,

Firebringer

#2 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 11:23 AM

Magic weapon usually means the 'invisible' slot - the last one if you look at the item slots in NI. So maybe he has some spell or effect that is filling that slot. Could be a kit too. Could be something in baldur.bcs (the global script) or his individual script(s) messing with him too - hard to tell without hacking around more in NI or whatever. You can try attaching one of his CREs here (jan8.cre or whatever) if you can't figure it out.

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
================================================================
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#3 Jenavee

Jenavee

Little Fire Kitten

• 178 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 10:33 PM

Apologies for necromancing this thread, but I have found the problem and a quick fix! I was having this same issue and found JANTOME.ITM (Jan's Book of Brewing) in his Magically Created Weapon slot with the latest NearInfinity. No idea how precisely it got there, but here's how to fix it in-game.

Basic solution discovered:

Ctrl + Space (once you've enabled cheats), and CLUAConsole:CreateItem("scrla5") to create a Melf's Minute Meteors scroll with which to override the existing 'magic weapon'. Once that's complete, CLUAConsole:CreateItem("JANTOME") to get a Jan's Book of Brewing in your inventory properly.

Join us on the Baldur's Gate Discord @ https://discord.gg/Rp7Cu5k

c2oJYXg.gif

#4 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 19 April 2015 - 07:46 AM

Was a fix ever made for this? I've always wanted to try this mod but this always happen to me. Or maybe some component of lolfixer can correct this?

#5 dragonian

dragonian
  • Validating
  • 503 posts

Posted 20 April 2015 - 02:43 AM

But you have solution in post just above yours...

#6 Creepin

Creepin
  • Administrator
  • 1676 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 02:20 AM

But you have solution in post just above yours...

This is not a solution, this is workaround to circumvent a bug. Solution is when the bug is fixed and don't needed to be circumvented in the first place.

Edited by Creepin, 21 April 2015 - 02:20 AM.

The Old Gold - v0.2 WIP (mod for BGT/BWP/BWS)

#7 Mad Mate

Mad Mate
  • 191 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 02:07 PM

Well, if I can help, JANTOME.ITM is from Jan's Alchemy mod, and culprit is in Alchemy\script\Jan.baf, that is assigned to Jan:

IF
  Global("JanIsAlchemist","GLOBAL",0)
THEN
  RESPONSE #100
    SetGlobal("JanIsAlchemist","GLOBAL",1)
    ChangeAIScript("Alchem1",RACE)
    CreateItem("JanTome",3,0,0)  // JanTome
END

Why it creates this Book in "Magically Created Weapon" slot and what to change in this script is beyond my knowledge...

Edited by Mad Mate, 21 April 2015 - 03:02 PM.

#8 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 03 July 2015 - 11:06 AM

Change:

CreateItem("JanTome",3,0,0)  // JanTome

To:

GiveItemCreate("JanTome","Jan",3,0,0)  // JanTome

:cheers:

Drop the attached file into your Alchemy/script folder and overwrite before installing to fix this. If you already have the mod installed, Jenavee's workaround is better :P

Attached Files

• Attached File  Jan.baf   206bytes   254 downloads

Edited by Lollorian, 03 July 2015 - 11:33 AM.

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod