• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 08:17 AM

Hi,
I play your mod with a Fighter/Thief as character.
1. She drank the potion when reaching the traps but only part of it worked. I tried several times and here is my initial finding (as it included looking at the code I put it in a spoiler):

Spoiler

2. When delivering the key to the Tanaari he mentioned a chest behind him and something he would give me but I received nothing. Is there supposed to be something or is it a leftover from an abandoned idea?

Spoiler

Please let me know if I need the item to continue the quest, in which case I would just create a dummy for me and go on.

NB: I like your mod as it has its own style that sets it apart from most others. And the areas are all new and well made (sigh - I wish I could do such.)

Roxanne

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

#2 Yovaneth

Yovaneth

The newly-appointed Master Builder of Baldur's Gate

• Modder
  • 3058 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 01:38 PM

My guess is that you're not using the latest patch (1.4) as the ghoul hand and the Tanarr'i speech problems were fixed with that. At least I think I fixed the dialog at that point! Yes, it referred to a part of the plot that got changed.

I don't think I ever intended the PC to lose their equipment automatically; it was up to the player what to drop and what to take across the Traps.

I have no idea what failed with the potions. What other mods do you have installed?

-Y-

#3 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 02:28 PM

My guess is that you're not using the latest patch (1.4) as the ghoul hand and the Tanarr'i speech problems were fixed with that. At least I think I fixed the dialog at that point! Yes, it referred to a part of the plot that got changed.

I don't think I ever intended the PC to lose their equipment automatically; it was up to the player what to drop and what to take across the Traps.

I have no idea what failed with the potions. What other mods do you have installed?

-Y-

Thanks for the quick reply. I will try it again with the patch. Let me see how that works and maybe all will be settled with that.

Roxanne

The Sandrah Saga

#4 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 07:07 PM

My guess is that you're not using the latest patch (1.4) as the ghoul hand and the Tanarr'i speech problems were fixed with that.

Eh, I thought the "transformation" shouldn't kick in unless you fail to drink the second potion within a certain time, not right after you drink the first potion, no?

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#5 Yovaneth

Yovaneth

• Modder
  • 3058 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 02:11 AM

'Potion' singular. I assume that Roxanne means that she has used the first (transformation) potion only. I admit to missing the significance of the comment about the hand :wacko:.

Can you put us out of our misery please, Roxanne?

-Y-

#6 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 06:08 AM

I was referring just to the first potion.
Spoiler

Drinking the second potion reversed the reductions and lowered my PC's level with a drain that cannot be cured by my healer or by any temple (but maybe that is supposed to be so according to the two days penalty that was announced - I have not yet expired that period)

Roxanne

The Sandrah Saga

#7 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 06:37 AM

If I read it correctly it [does some stuff] and also [does other stuff...]

It only does the "other stuff" after a time period has elapsed (two days or two hours or something, I forget).

Drinking the second potion reversed the reductions and lowered my PC's level with a drain that cannot be cured by my healer or by any temple (but maybe that is supposed to be so according to the two days penalty that was announced - I have not yet expired that period)

Yes, there is also a time period for the second one too - you can probably sleep it off.

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#8 Yovaneth

Yovaneth

• Modder
  • 3058 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 07:43 AM

That's it. Sleeping it off is the easy way but certain NPCs do react to the change, some funny, some not-so.

-Y-