• Please log in to reply
355 replies to this topic

#61 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 08:30 PM

Holy necrogasm :ROFL: Added this to item stuffz :P

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#62 Lisandro

Lisandro
  • 126 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 09:23 AM

When do I have to use it... in a clean installation or in a BWP's mega-installation?

#63 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 10:08 AM

Whenever you want :D But... for best effectiveness and stuff:

- The Area script assigner should go AFTER any mod that adds new areas (megamods and most quest mods) and BEFORE any mod that adds scripts to areas (BG2Tweaks spawns, the Haiass mod etc)
- All remaining components should preferably go AT THE END of the install (preferably before biffing cause this motha gonna take a load in the override :lol:) BUT you should prolly install this AFTER biffing for now in case something breaks and you need to uninstall this ;)
- The Creature Stuff -> Inventory Overhauler component (the one that rearranges the creature inventory) mostly won't break anything but can lead to inadvertently tougher fights, pickpocketable loot and other awesomeness (because of enemies actually using the pimped up loot they have :D)

If you get any kinda error that causes the installation to break, hit me in this thread, PM, ICQ, IRC whatever :cheers:

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

#64 ScuD

ScuD
  • 492 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 12:21 PM

A little bit of necro :)
I've got the following components to add to this fixer. Please let me know if they are redundant or will break something.

CRE files:
  • fix attributes (STR, INT, etc.) <3 and >25
  • remove refs to non-existant scripts&dialogs (or create blank files like for AREs)
  • adjust memorized spell levels&types to values from according SPL files
ITM files:
  • make all equipped effects "equipped"
  • target self (unless party)
  • make ITM effects non-dispellable (unless non-magical) and magical if enchanted
  • correct slot assignment (assign melee, projectile, launcher to weapon slot; magic to spell slot)
SPL fix:
  • assign innates to innate slots, all other spells to spell slots

Edited by ScuD, 13 May 2012 - 12:21 PM.

#65 Suslik

Suslik

Investigator

• 500 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 07:07 AM

AATAQAH.CRE: Gender and Sex do not match

well.. that's funny :)

SPL fix:
assign innates to innate slots, all other spells to spell slots

won't it break "treat caster HLAs like innate abilities"?

Edited by Suslik, 14 May 2012 - 07:11 AM.

#66 i30817

i30817
  • 611 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 07:24 AM

Be careful with the gender and sex stuff - i think that stuff is commonly overloaded as a summoning flag (for some reason)

#67 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 05:20 AM

I've got the following components to add to this fixer.

Awesome :D Ima steal borrow your code when you're done :shifty:

fix attributes (STR, INT, etc.) <3 and >25

Umm... So my STR/DEX/INT 30 CHARNAME is... a bug? :o ( :devil:)

@i30817: The gender/sex thing also has this thing that you'll need to correct each mismatch by hand - because no algorithm can determine what to fix on an NPC called Patricia, from JONATHAN.CRE with Gender = Male and Sex = Female :ROFL:

#68 ScuD

ScuD
  • 492 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 05:32 AM

Well, I have them ready. I'll send the TP2 to you by the end of the week.
The main reason I've posted here is to get some feedback if they are OK and won't break anything.

#69 Sasha Al'Therin

Sasha Al'Therin
  • Modder
  • 615 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 05:36 AM

@i30817: The gender/sex thing also has this thing that you'll need to correct each mismatch by hand - because no algorithm can determine what to fix on an NPC called Patricia, from JONATHAN.CRE with Gender = Male and Sex = Female

:WTF:
you got to be kidding me... just check the animation and if that is female then give it female sex/gender if the animation is male then give it male sex/gender. it's those funky animations that weren't designed to have anything between their legs which cause the real grief. :crazy:

My working mods:
an AI Party Script for BG2 game engine DOWNLOAD LINK ONLY!
Interactive Tweaks for BG series with some IWD support. DOWNLOAD LINK ONLY!
Rest For 8 Hours an IWD mod
-------------------------------------------
My contributions: BG1Fixpack, BG1Tweaks
On Hold: Solestia an NPC for SOA
-------------------------------------------
My website: http://sasha-altheri...s.com/index.htm

#70 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 05:48 AM

you got to be kidding me... just check the animation and if that is female then give it female sex/gender if the animation is male then give it male sex/gender. it's those funky animations that weren't designed to have anything between their legs which cause the real grief. :crazy:

ALGORITHMIC DETERMINATION!!! :doh: My WeiDU-fu sucks to write something that can 'check animations' :P

@ScuD: In your own time mate :cheers: Me finals are going on lol (got the first paper done today actually) so it might be a while before I reply again :P

#71 ScuD

ScuD
  • 492 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 11:12 AM

As promised, here's the code. I've added another component - fully removing the portrait icons for the items, it is done in a different way than in BG2 Tweaks.
The code can also be adjusted to just report the issues, not to fix them on the fly.

Attached Files

Edited by ScuD, 29 May 2012 - 11:13 AM.

#72 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 07:32 PM

Umm... yes, a necro of quarter-yearly proportions is in order :D

I've added all of your stuff into the lolfixer, majorly overhauled how the inventory sorting works (and pretty much all of the components) and condensed all of the actual FIXING components (aka crashfixing and stupidityproofing) into omfg MAJESTIC components :lol:

The inventory overhauler component is really worth seeing in action and does everything the Crefixer fixes (and doesn't remove ANYTHING ^_^)

I've also removed all of the logging stuff in favor of a much cleaner DEBUG_MODE.bat file that installs and uninstalls the lolfixer's components while logging everything to lolfixer.log :P (Yes I'm a sucker for proper tabbing and APPEND_OUTER just didn't look right :unsure:)

This has been tested and debugged entirely on this install:
Spoiler

Notice how crefixer and innatefixer have intentionally not been installed :cheers:

And the lolfixer still spit out an ~700kB debug file... So I'd appreciate if some volunteers with bigger installs than mine would run the lolfixer in DEBUG MODE (or normally if you choose to have all the fixes :P) and post their logs (lolfixer.log and uninstall_lolfixer.log) to help check for problems...

How to use?

1. To run in DEBUG MODE: Run setup-lolfixer_ONLY_DEBUG_MODE.bat, you'll get 2 debug logs (lolfixer.log & uninstall_lolfixer.log)
2. To run in NORMAL MODE: Run setup-lolfixer.exe and choose what components to install :cheers:

IMPORTANT NOTE! If you're using BPv180 in your install, make sure you download and extract SENDRO03.CRE from the attachment here and put it into your override folder before running anything! Otherwise, your lolfixer will loop INFINITELY :ph34r:

What exactly is the difference between DEBUG and NORMAL modes?

DEBUG mode does NOT make any changes to your game, only reports the stuff it finds in the log files :D It first installs every component (logging the process into lolfixer.log) and then uninstalls everything (logging to uninstall_lolfixer.log)
NORMAL mode is well... normal :ph34r: As in the normal way a mod is installed.

So yeah... have cake yo! ^_^

EDIT: New one attached here

Edited by Lollorian, 18 September 2012 - 08:41 PM.

#73 micbaldur

micbaldur

Retired Perkele, Ultimate BWP player

• 1692 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 08:01 AM

I did try your Lolfixer in DEBUG MODE but it probably looped. It never stopped. After several hours i closed window. Log-files were quite big, several Gbs. :crazy: I can't open those quite big log-files. :ROFL:

Don't know what i did wrong. :ermm:

CHARNAMEs excellent adventures in the world of BWP expert-install here

Thanks to Leonardo Watson for making this possible

#74 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 08:28 AM

I tried again. :D

Modified Lolfixer.log:
Spoiler

SENDRO03.CRE loops. Well... i don't know why.

Edited by micbaldur, 18 September 2012 - 08:29 AM.

#75 TDouglas

TDouglas

Unwashed Wildling

• 121 posts

Donator

Posted 18 September 2012 - 08:45 AM

I've run it twice now ... no luck I'm afraid. It appears to run fine at first, then tries to uninstall itself (without saving anything to the log file). I'm probably doing something stupid tho (I'm an expert at that).

#76 TDouglas

TDouglas

Unwashed Wildling

• 121 posts

Donator

Posted 18 September 2012 - 09:35 AM

Apparently the debug only is installing ... anyways, went the normal setup route and just installed (well, reinstalled) everything. I'm attaching the lolfixer debug file in case the info is usefull.

Attached Files

#77 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 09:35 AM

Ok SENDRO03.CRE... I just wanna shout WTF now :blink: Manually removing the item via Nearinfinity seems to fix the looping. And the item isn't from either vanilla or any mod so it can probably be safely removed by force :P

But seriously... WTF? :blink: The code runs proper but somehow the offsets to the item slot table gets messed up... and FOR JUST THAT CRE :blink: Add to that the fact that the creature is from BPv180 and seriously now...

Please drop the attachment into your override to fix the looping... sorry about that :( The REAL cause was found here and the fix is inside the package labelled for_BWP in this post.. Please grab that :)

Can you guys please upload your WeiDU.logs? Also, compressing the log files using 7zip (or winzip/winrar) should make them uploadable size :D

@TDouglas: The debug mode option does exactly that :P It first installs every component and then uninstalls them so you get your game exactly like how it was before lolfixer was installed :D

The lack of logging is strange though...

Edited by Lollorian, 21 September 2012 - 01:47 AM.

#78 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 09:48 AM

Ah nicely done TDouglas :coolthumb: Thanks!

You might wanna uninstall everything again if you think something might probably break in your game :P But the log is useful :cheers:

#79 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 10:02 AM

I used SENDRO03.CRE and run lolfixer again in DEBUG MODE.

It went well. Here's my results and weidu.log:

Attached File  micbaldur.RAR   79.27K   230 downloads

Hopely nothing didn't get broken. :D

Edited by micbaldur, 18 September 2012 - 10:04 AM.

#80 TDouglas

TDouglas

Unwashed Wildling

• 121 posts

Donator

Posted 18 September 2012 - 10:05 AM

Actually I'm getting ready for another run through with it installed ... this installations worked fine before (except for some dialog glitches), so I should hopefully be able to get ya some feedback if anything goes weird with it :)