355 replies to this topic

#101 TDouglas

TDouglas

Unwashed Wildling

• 121 posts

Donator

Posted 20 September 2012 - 10:28 PM

Looks like we ninja'd one another on that post :lol2:

Glad to be of help. The mod you're working on has been needed for a very long time now ... thank YOU for taking the time to do it :Bow: . As far as the mod not always doing what you'd like, remember we're dealing with IE here ... weirdness is the norm :naughty: .

#102 TDouglas

TDouglas

Unwashed Wildling

• 121 posts

Donator

Posted 20 September 2012 - 10:35 PM

I'm thinking 1ppv4 may have a hand in the confusion here as well (there's talk about that in its thread). The bigger the megamod, the bigger the mess is pretty much always the case :lol2: . Of course, that's only one mod of many... thus the reason what you're doing here is important! It's not gonna be easy trying to make a universal fix, but it's possible :new_thumbs:

#103 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 10:42 PM

Alas I could've blamed wierdness to the engine, but everything's just so friggin well documented in the IEDSP... There's no case for excuses :crying:

Also, 1PP's so awesome! I dropped IR, SR and W_GUI just so I could have a nice little game with it :D And those were pretty much absolutely necessary mods for me...

EDIT: Talk about jumping the gun :doh:

There's no problem with mages knowing priest spells or vice versa :D The crash happened because the spell it changed into PRIEST was level 9 :lol: (to elaborate more... priest spells only go upto level 7 :ph34r:)

Will probably need to change the level to a max of 6 for priest spells) and 8 (for mage spells)... so that's another crash fixed :D

Edited by Lollorian, 20 September 2012 - 11:16 PM.

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#104 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 08:53 AM

And she's off! :D

Opted to outright remove the offending spell from the CRE rather than set some mismatched levels :P

EDIT: New version, with new item stuff in next post :D

Edited by Lollorian, 23 September 2012 - 07:59 AM.

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

#105 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 07:58 AM

Ok now this update should be interesting ^_^

The majestic item fixer now assigns placeholder icons to items that are droppable but have invalid/missing icons... Examples of these kinds of stuff in the vanilla game inlude MISC1H (Gong Mallet) - try dropping it when you have it your inventory... It doesn't show up on the ground but you can pick it up if you remember where you dropped it :D

The lolfixer now assigns items like this the Crate icon set (IMISC6V, GCRATE01 and CMISC6V) as needed... The choice of icon is deliberate in that they need to stand out so people can know they're bugs to be fixed in the original mod :cheers: (the set is only used by the Smuggled Goods item you get during one of Bodhi;s quests in the vanilla game)

Also added a bit of code that converts any item type with values > 38 (IWD/2, PST items) into the corresponding BGII item type values :P

EDIT: New version a few posts below with fixed icon assigning and script typo resolving :D

Edited by Lollorian, 29 September 2012 - 04:21 AM.

#106 TDouglas

TDouglas

Unwashed Wildling

• 121 posts

Donator

Posted 23 September 2012 - 03:59 PM

Well, sorry for the delay (real life issues lol) but FINALLY got through the blasted game. No further bugs to report. I did get some serious lag time in the illithid cave in the underdark, but that may have been due to something else. I diddn't notice it before tho (and it acted like a area script issue ... no actual stuttering per se, but slowness all around).

As the initial test is done, was wondering if there was anything in particular I should check for? I can make another playthrough if need be. Hell, may do so anyways to check out that lapse I was talking about :whistling: ).

Let me know.

#107 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 07:12 PM

Wait so you got through the game as in... the entire game? :o And 2 days ago you were doing the BG1 quests! :o

I dunno about issues :P Crashes are always nice to hear about ^_^ (damn that doesn't sound right)
Also, if you (or anyone else) have anything you think can be done through automation that might fix issues , I'd love to hear them!

I'm trying to work out something that can fix the issue with borked stuff like BPv180's SENDRO03.CRE (that made micbaldur's lolfixing loop) on the fly... Can't always depend on the BWPFixpack to be applied in all installs no? ^_^ (small installs like yours for instance)

#108 TDouglas

TDouglas

Unwashed Wildling

• 121 posts

Donator

Posted 24 September 2012 - 08:01 AM

I don't install the BWP myself. I do some personal modding every once in a while, and it's more useful to have examples of what NOT to do in a mod (and without the fixpak there are plenty of 'em :devil: ). The philosophy that you learn more from mistakes than successes.

However, I'm quite interested in your project here. As you said, it will be nice to have an autofixer for smaller installs (BWP or no),

For now, I'm doing another runthrough (there were some oddities i want to try to repeat, especially the slowdown with the area script above). The only thing weird I've noticed so far is several dual fireings in the monster generation areas (I'm thinking it's due to having several AI mods conflicting tho... nothing to do with the lolfixer). The strange thing is I've never noticed it before, and it was only going on while I was soloing early on (I'm using a different party lineup this time).

I've removed Shags cre from override completely, so the fixer is on it's own as far as finding and dealing with him this time :whistling: .

I'll report any weridness if I find it :lol2:

EDIT: I've run across your crate BMP's several times already ... they definately stand out!

Edited by TDouglas, 24 September 2012 - 11:26 AM.

#109 TDouglas

TDouglas

Unwashed Wildling

• 121 posts

Donator

Posted 26 September 2012 - 07:06 PM

A few new oddities to report ... not sure about the first one though. I noticed the darksteel shield (which is supposed to increase poison resistance by 10 percent) sets it to 10% instead. Not sure if that's something from this mod or not though ...

The second is that AR0012 has a blank bcs file (noticed it when Bhaal failed to show up, and I'd forgotten the correct spelling so had to check).

Other than that, the new version seems to be working perfectly so far :lol2: . I was a little leery of putting the crates into a bag of holding, but have had no issue with it (despite the weridness of it all :devil: ).

The only other thing I can think of (as a suggestion for further improvements) would be the great number of items that only sell for 1 gp (several other people have commented on this in other forums as well). I've mostly noticed it on the ring of animal protection (Dark Horizons puts a ton of 'em in the game ... found out they were worthless the hard way lol).

Otherwise, great job! :cheers:

#110 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 10:47 PM

I noticed the darksteel shield (which is supposed to increase poison resistance by 10 percent) sets it to 10% instead

Not this mod :D (don't have a vanilla install to check whether it's from the original game :unsure:)
Will need to track and fix this in the mod itself :)

The second is that AR0012 has a blank bcs file (noticed it when Bhaal failed to show up, and I'd forgotten the correct spelling so had to check).

Ok this one's bad :o Could you please uninstall the MAJESTIC area fixer and check what script AR0012 has? The lolfixer is only supposed to assign a blank script if the area has no (or missing) script assigned...

The only other thing I can think of (as a suggestion for further improvements) would be the great number of items that only sell for 1 gp (several other people have commented on this in other forums as well). I've mostly noticed it on the ring of animal protection (Dark Horizons puts a ton of 'em in the game ... found out they were worthless the hard way lol).

You sure this doesn't solve it? :P

Nevertheless, that kinda thing couldn't be automated because the lolfixer wouldn't have any idea how much the ring (or any item) is actually worth :crying: (cause it's stupid :D)
It would've been a problem to fix if the item wasn't sellable at all or something but it does (albeit at an extreme markup :P) so... unsure:

And I hope Shargrailar's been treating you proper this time? ^_^

Edited by Lollorian, 26 September 2012 - 10:50 PM.

#111 TDouglas

TDouglas

Unwashed Wildling

• 121 posts

Donator

Posted 27 September 2012 - 12:44 AM

Okay, just checked AR0012. It does NOT have a bcs attached without the lolfixer (guess I had a buggy install and diddn't know it). I've run through the install a couple times, but Bhaal has always followed me into the building before, so never noticed it. The bcs may have been nerfed by some other mod I have installed. Sorry for the false alarm! :doh:

And Shaggy (as I've taken to calling him) behaved himself quite well :lol2: . I'm currently getting ready for TOB (had yet another cutscene crash so had to reload ... say what you will, I HATE cutscenes with a cold passion :new_bottom: ).

Anyways, I'll let ya know if any further weirdness occurs. I'm probably going to deep six this install after this runthrough ... anything in particular you'd like me to test for the next one? I have no idea why I had the Planar Sphere mod installed ... I don't use it, cause I don't like playing mages (it's untested, in other words). There are a couple other things I'm d/x 'ing as well, but some other mods I'm looking to pick up. I'll incorporate (and try to test) whatever you wish :lol2: .

#112 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 02:42 AM

Re: AR0012's script
Do a search for AR0012.ARE in your BGII folder :) Whatever mod stripped its script might still have the original ARE in its 'backup' folder ;) (You might need to check each AR0012.ARE you find in the backup folders using NI to confirm that the script is there)

Also, if you do find the culprit - it'd be great to know what it was :P

EDIT: It would seem that the area has no script in a vanilla install too :P (My AR0012.BCS has only 2 blocks... neither of which reference anything Sarevok-like :lol:)

Edited by Lollorian, 27 September 2012 - 02:58 AM.

#113 TDouglas

TDouglas

Unwashed Wildling

• 121 posts

Donator

Posted 27 September 2012 - 03:12 AM

I'm planning on deep sixing this install pretty soon anyways, so I'll check with a clean (ish) installl and see what's happening.

BTW, AR0012 is the interior of Candlekeep in BG2 (where Bhall is supposed to follow you so you can smack him around in front of Imoen). The fact the script name was showing up (just greyed out) pretty well lets me know something nuked it during the install process ... like I say, I'll check on it when I do the clean reinstall :lol2: . If I figure it out, I'll let ya know.

Meanwhile, was there any mod in particular you wanted me to test out?

#114 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 05:26 AM

What I meant was that even the vanilla game didn't have a script assigned to AR0012 (it's grayed out) :lol: Bhaal following you is probably his own script :P

#115 Lisandro

Lisandro
  • 126 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 06:20 AM

A question...

What do you want to say when you use 'borker'? I can't find the word and what it means

#116 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 08:55 AM

Substitute 'break' wherever there's a 'bork' :lol:

#117 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 04:20 AM

I did a massive whoops with the crate icon assigning :P Anybody who installed the majestic item fixer might wanna reinstall that component again :doh:

@TDouglas: The crates weren't supposed to stand out THAT much :ermm: This should fix it though...

Also, added some startup replacements (missing BP scripts get reverted to vanilla ones etc) and icons ^_^

EDIT: Better item equipping below :P

Edited by Lollorian, 06 October 2012 - 01:02 AM.

#118 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 01:00 AM

Small update - Creature Inventory Overhauler now ONLY equips weapons, ammo, armor, helms and shields, and ONLY if they're droppable and not cursed :P (code changes here)

Discovered a problem the hard way when a quest NPC had a cursed ring of silence equipped by the lolfixer :doh:

EDIT: Attached innatefix fixed and new component-ized lolfixer below :D

Edited by Lollorian, 10 October 2012 - 12:50 AM.

#119 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 12:48 AM

Playing my current megamod install (as best as I could without cheating :P) I had issues with thieves having extremely unfair permanent invisibility effects on them :( (Aw come on... I'M SUPPOSED TO BE THE GOD CHILD HERE!!!)

Looking at the files in question showed me they had duplicate invisibility effects on them (because both SCS and SCSII added them :P Hopefully the upcoming combined SCS remedies this)

So because I couldn't be arsed enough to removed the duplicate effects by hand I worked up *drumroll* THE DUPLICATE CREATURE EFFECT REMOVER :lol: (code here)
Works like a charm (on creatures that haven't spawned yet... savegames aren't affected :D)

Also fixed the InnateFixer borkage i had... *sigh* (have a look here)

The things I do for a perfect game... :crying:

EDIT; Next page... BEST VERSION EVAH! :woot:

Edited by Lollorian, 12 October 2012 - 02:49 AM.

#120 enderandrew

enderandrew
  • 166 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 07:24 PM

Should I apply this to a new BWP install?
Nihilism makes me smile.