• Please log in to reply
355 replies to this topic

#81 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 10:23 AM

Hopely nothing didn't get broken. :D

Nope, everything ran very fine :cheers: So if WeiDU did right, your install is exactly like how it was before you ran lolfixer :D

Also, that's quite an install you have there! Have a go through the lolfixer.log :P It should tell you very clearly about potential problems and missing resources... I'll try to find matches to resources that are potential typos and the game sees missing (like calling SW1H25.ITM wrongly as SWH125.ITM etc :P)

Most are already corrected in the item cleaner component but the dialogue and script cleaners could use this kind of check too... So thank you! :cheers:

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#82 micbaldur

micbaldur

Retired Perkele, Ultimate BWP player

• 1692 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 10:53 AM

Nope, everything ran very fine :cheers: So if WeiDU did right, your install is exactly like how it was before you ran lolfixer :D

I thought so. :P

Also, that's quite an install you have there! Have a go through the lolfixer.log :P It should tell you very clearly about potential problems and missing resources... I'll try to find matches to resources that are potential typos and the game sees missing (like calling SW1H25.ITM wrongly as SWH125.ITM etc :P)

Most are already corrected in the item cleaner component but the dialogue and script cleaners could use this kind of check too... So thank you! :cheers:

Bigger is better so I say. :lol:

So far i haven't got any problems only minor things. Played BG1 already and now i'm at chapter 2 in BG2.

I'll check those log-files.

CHARNAMEs excellent adventures in the world of BWP expert-install here

Thanks to Leonardo Watson for making this possible

#83 TDouglas

TDouglas

Unwashed Wildling

• 121 posts

Donator

Posted 18 September 2012 - 02:25 PM

Something new (and weird) already. The e-series fighter script now causes a CTD within seconds of starting (with no hostiles in sight no less). This is new behavior. Interestingly, the e-mage script works like a charm (hostiles or no). Go figure!

Do you want me to report further weirdness, or is my install too werid to work with?

#84 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 07:23 PM

So it crashes when the lolfixer is installed and doesn't when it's not? :(

The bug should be the same one mentioned here (and a cursory glance shows that eFighter has HaveSpell(INQUIS_TRUE_SIGHT) checks... which are set to spell level 2 by the lolfixer while HaveSpell() requires it to have level 1 or crashes)

Are you by any chance assigning the efighter to an inquisitor? (or some class/kit that has the inquisitor's true sight spell? :P)

EDIT: Ok you just found a MAJOR crash in the current BWP lol :D

There are HaveSpell(INQUIS_TRUE_SIGHT) checks in BPv180, RevisedBattles, Tactics and Vecna... and all of their scripts will crash on the current BWP :o I checked an no other innate spell was checked in a HaveSpell so that's an easy fix! Need to run stuff first though...

Edited by Lollorian, 18 September 2012 - 07:52 PM.

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

#85 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 08:37 PM

And here's a better innate exclusion list :D Should account for eSeries now :cheers:

You only need to reinstall the last component (MAJESTIC Spell Fixer) to fix the crashing :P

EDIT: New version couple of posts down :P

Edited by Lollorian, 19 September 2012 - 08:07 PM.

#86 TDouglas

TDouglas

Unwashed Wildling

• 121 posts

Donator

Posted 19 September 2012 - 07:48 AM

That fixed it :cheers:

And no, the only folks in my party right now are Xzar and Monty (neither of whom should qualify as a paladin :twisted: ). The script went to Monty, so your guess is better than mine.

So far, no further strangeness to report :lol2:

BTW, this mod has been needed for a LONG time ... thanks for putting in the time and effort to write it! :Bow:

#87 TDouglas

TDouglas

Unwashed Wildling

• 121 posts

Donator

Posted 19 September 2012 - 01:23 PM

More weirdness. Have finished the first half of Bonehill. Peltar has teleported the party back to the Beregost temple. I have the dragon staff. When trying to leave the temple I get a CTD. Baldur.err is empty (naturally) but tobex gives the following:

-----TobEx: Throne of Bhaal Extender build 0.23.2.12 (Wed 19 Sep 2012 16:08:59)
[Wed 19 Sep 2012 16:10:14] ASSERTION FAILED! Return Address: 0x8BA9BD File: ObjCreature.cpp Line: 12234 Expression: tempKnownSpell->m_spellLevel >= 0 && tempKnownSpell->m_spellLevel < MAX_SPELL_LEVELS_PRIEST Message: (null)

I'm guessing this has to do with Shagrailar (who should be waiting to pounce just outside the temple). To test it, I copied his cre from the bonehill folder to override and tried again ... works fine now. That character is listed as a necromancer ... not sure why priest spell error would be reported? I noticed he has quite a few new spells memorized in your version ... not sure if that's the problem or what. I can send a copy of the cres if needed.

#88 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 07:41 PM

It would be great to have the version of the CRE that crashes the game :P

I can replicate the tons of invalid null spells (which are from the original CRE btw :D) even after running lolfixer so I gotta fix that :cheers: But I CLUAed the creature in-game and it didn't crash... maybe it happens only when he tries to cast something :unsure:

EDIT: I forgot to reread the count of known spells after deleting one of them if they didn't exist, so the data after the deleted spell got pushed up and the game saw it as a new spell... Yes, stupid :doh:

The affected component is the MAJESTIC creature fixer :P Reinstalling that hopefully fixes it? :unsure: Attached the latest version to the first post too...

Sorry about that :(

EDIT: Updated with the stuff djc mentioned below :P Check a few posts down...

Edited by Lollorian, 20 September 2012 - 07:11 AM.

#89 djc

djc
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 05:40 AM

Problem with Shargrailar and innate spell level:

// Spell Slot Fixer
	READ_LONG  0x2a0 "known_off"
	READ_LONG  0x2a4 "known_num"

FOR (index = 0 ; index < known_num ; index = index + 1) BEGIN
	  READ_ASCII ("%known_off%" +		("%index%" * 0x0c)) "resref"
	  SET exists = 0
	  INNER_PATCH_FILE ~%resref%.spl~ BEGIN
		READ_SHORT 0x1c "spl_type"
		READ_LONG  0x34 "spl_level"
		SET exists = 1
	  END
	  PATCH_IF ("%exists%" = 1) BEGIN
		READ_SHORT ("%known_off%" + 0x08 + ("%index%" * 0x0c)) "olevel"
		READ_SHORT ("%known_off%" + 0x0a + ("%index%" * 0x0c)) "type"
		SET level = %olevel% + 1
		PATCH_IF (("%level%" != "%spl_level%") AND ("%spl_level%" > 0) AND (("%spl_type%" = 1) OR ("%spl_type%" = 2))) BEGIN
		  SET nlevel = %spl_level% - 1
		  PATCH_PRINT "%SOURCE_FILE%: Known spell (%resref%.SPL) has wrong level (%olevel%)! Should be %nlevel%..."
		  WRITE_SHORT ("%known_off%" + 0x08 + ("%index%" * 0x0c)) %nlevel%
		END
		PATCH_IF (("%spl_type%" = 2) AND ("%type%" != 0)) BEGIN // priest
		  PATCH_PRINT "%SOURCE_FILE%: Known spell (%resref%.SPL) is a PRIEST spell (was %type%)..."
		  WRITE_SHORT ("%known_off%" + 0x0a + ("%index%" * 0x0c)) 0
		END
		PATCH_IF (("%spl_type%" = 1) AND ("%type%" != 1)) BEGIN // mage
		  PATCH_PRINT "%SOURCE_FILE%: Known spell (%resref%.SPL) is a MAGE spell (was %type%)..."
		  WRITE_SHORT ("%known_off%" + 0x0a + ("%index%" * 0x0c)) 1
		END
		PATCH_IF (("%spl_type%" = 4) AND ("%type%" != 2)) BEGIN // innate
		  PATCH_PRINT "%SOURCE_FILE%: Known spell (%resref%.SPL) is an INNATE spell (was %type%)..."
		  WRITE_SHORT ("%known_off%" + 0x0a + ("%index%" * 0x0c)) 2
		  WRITE_SHORT ("%known_off%" + 0x0a + ("%index%" * 0x0c)-2) 0    <-------------------- this
		END
	  END ELSE
	  BEGIN
		PATCH_PRINT "%SOURCE_FILE%: Known spell does not exist (%resref%.SPL)! Removing..."
		REMOVE_KNOWN_SPELL ~%resref%~
		SET "index" = 0 - 1
		READ_LONG  0x2a4 "known_num"
	  END
	END
  END
BUT_ONLY_IF_IT_CHANGES

Edited by djc, 20 September 2012 - 05:41 AM.

#90 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 06:08 AM

Ah so innates should always be level 0? (spell level 1) Or they crash? :o

Would an innate spell that isn't level 1 in the SPL file but level 1 (known level 0) in the known spells of the CRE file cause problems?

#91 djc

djc
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 06:20 AM

I crash the game if there is no level 1.

#92 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 06:43 AM

Seems like the same thing happening with the HaveSpell() checks here too... atleast setting every innate to level 1 in their CRE should hopefully not cause too many problems :P Thanks for the help man! :cheers:

Also looking at Shargrailar's CRE file tells me I should do a loop for missing Memorized Spells :D

EDIT: And here's update!

Attached Files

Edited by Lollorian, 20 September 2012 - 07:07 AM.

#93 TDouglas

TDouglas

Unwashed Wildling

• 121 posts

Donator

Posted 20 September 2012 - 08:52 AM

Reinstalling Majestic Creature Fixer. The testing continues :lol2: . (I'm in DSotSC right now ... getting ready to enter castle Daerthmac ... I'm guessing the real trial will be with Dark Horizons shortly thereafter).

#94 TDouglas

TDouglas

Unwashed Wildling

• 121 posts

Donator

Posted 20 September 2012 - 02:32 PM

Here we go again :crying:

On trying to enter AR7800 (1st area of Baldur's Gate) another CTD. Same problem as before:

-----TobEx: Throne of Bhaal Extender build 0.23.2.12 (Thu 20 Sep 2012 17:14:38)
[Thu 20 Sep 2012 17:17:28] ASSERTION FAILED! Return Address: 0x8BA9BD File: ObjCreature.cpp Line: 12234 Expression: tempKnownSpell->m_spellLevel >= 0 && tempKnownSpell->m_spellLevel < MAX_SPELL_LEVELS_PRIEST Message: (nul

At first I was thinking some random spellslinger but then remembered our old buddy Shagrailar makes his second appearance here (I had foolishly forgot to save the game prior to the first problem, so this is the first time I've run up against him since then). Copied his default cre back to override and problem solved.

I'm including a copy of the (new) cre (after the latest download & reinstall). I renamed it to BHShargr2 to keep 'em separate.

Attached Files

#95 TDouglas

TDouglas

Unwashed Wildling

• 121 posts

Donator

Posted 20 September 2012 - 03:23 PM

Also in AR7400 with the theives guild quest: Narlen spawns fine, enters the building, but the watcher (WATCHM) never appears. I've tried to CLUA him in as well ... no show. All the globals are set correctly, so I have no idea what's up here. A couple items and such in his cre I'm not familiar with, but they may just be stuff I've never noticed before.

#96 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 06:37 PM

The only strange thing with that CRE is that one of its known spells (SPWI938.SPL) is set to a priest spell (because the original spell is a priest spell :P)

I've removed that spell outright in the attached CRE so it'd be great if you could try putting this in the override and check whether it crashes still :)

About WATCHM though :blink: Even CLUAConsole:CreateCreature() doesn't work? Can you attach that CRE here please? :P Also, it'd be a good idea to have you lolfixer.debug again :D

Attached Files

Edited by Lollorian, 20 September 2012 - 06:39 PM.

#97 TDouglas

TDouglas

Unwashed Wildling

• 121 posts

Donator

Posted 20 September 2012 - 07:50 PM

I've downloaded the file to override ... I'll be running into him again before too much longer, so will let ya know. As for WatchM ... at first i thought it might be something weird with the area script, so I also tried to CLUA him into other areas as well. Still no dice ... I don't get any error messages, but no creature either. Weird.

I'm enclosing his cre as per request. I'm really thinking this is something else tho... maybe some global getting set (or not). Unless he's spawning, but invisible for some reason? Diddn't see anything to suggest it, but I'd have gotten a warning if CLUA couldn't find the cre.

Other than these two issues, the mod's working perfectly. Got through SOA, DSotSC and Dark Horizons without a hitch (lots of spell slinging going on there lol). I'm ready to enter Candlekeep at present, thereafter to finish up Bonehill (run into Shag for the final time enroute to Sarevok). Only thing then is to check NTotSC, then on to BG2 :lol2:

At least we know it works fine with all these BG1 mods installed (a major triumph in and of itself! :new_thumbs: ).

Attached Files

#98 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 10:22 PM

Found it! Thanks for the debug! :cheers: It's the thing lolfixer does to GOBOOM2.ITM :D

That item apparently removes the creature that equips it after some delay (need to investigate the IEDSP more about this)... The lolfixer is stupid so it changes that remove creature effect to be instantaneously applied :doh:

A simple check to see whether the items the lolfixer changes are droppable before messing with them should fix this :cheers: Sorry about that :P

Also, the thing with mods like this is that they install in almost any installation provided all the stuff it patches are structured properly :D A major triumph though would be this mod not doing stupid stuff... which it does... extremely often :ph34r:

But refining the conditions with reports and stuff like you provide helps make the mod act less stupid, if not eliminate the stupid entirely :lol: So I gotta say thanks for taking the time to run this out :D

Here's a fixed version :cheers: The component changed was the MAJESTIC item fixer :D (lol you done made changes happen to almost ALL the majestic components now :P)

EDIT: Next page has the next update which removes spells that are above level 9 (for mage spells) or level 7 (for priest spells) and prevents crashing :D

Edited by Lollorian, 21 September 2012 - 08:55 AM.

#99 TDouglas

TDouglas

Unwashed Wildling

• 121 posts

Donator

Posted 20 September 2012 - 10:22 PM

The replacement cre for Shag works like a charm! Guess the priest spell thing might explain the weird messages from TOBEx aye?

The testing continues :lol2:

#100 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 10:26 PM

Ok so that means a loop that removes priest spells from pure mages and mage spells from pure priests is the next order of business :P