Photo

Syvishtar's Journal

• Please log in to reply
1504 replies to this topic

#1241 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 21 May 2014 - 05:31 AM

(that meant that I think that this bunny business may become tiring after a while)

#1242 Huzzahfortimelines

Huzzahfortimelines
  • 15 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 02:24 PM

As a person in the other forum said, these jokes are only funny for a while, so contemplate reconsidering your cuniculophilia when the vote starts, gentle voices and voicesses.

I think it could actually work, it just depends on how you present it. Okay, if Syvishtar starts going crazy in the second game shouting bunny-names around, it's going to die out after a while. However, if you approach it with deadpan serious humor, it can actually work fairly well. And honestly, when have you ever seen a bunny-wizard that's a force to be reckoned with? :P 

#1243 Usurper

Usurper
  • 1115 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 12:46 AM

I could change my alignment to true neutral for just long enough to summon a new familiar... a rabbit!
The Monk is always out to keep a wild mage down. But the Weave, she speaks to me. Together we work our collective will on this brittle, cracking world.
Playing the Big World Project Let's Play both here and on the Something Awful forums.

#1244 Huzzahfortimelines

Huzzahfortimelines
  • 15 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 12:46 PM

For the fun of it, I'll just go through a psychological breakdown on what I think the endings could mean for the future of Syvishtar.

Ending A: Betrayal- I think either one of two things will happen. One, Syvishtar goes back to his "emo" personality that he's had for the second act of the let's play of the first game. Combine that with the torture he will endure in the second game, and the let's play will continue to have a very sad, and depressing tone to it (perfect for Xan fans though). 

The second thing that could happen in Syvishtar's mind, is that he will fully embrace his behavior of the third act of the first game. That means that he will be damaged, but forms a thick skin around his persona, and becomes an utterly psychotic and demented individual. The tone of the let's play will turn much darker, as we are now following a villain, instead of an anti-hero.

Ending B: Solo-Bunnies- This ending is the hardest to wrap my head around so far, and I honestly don't know what you'll do with it. It's obvious that the Let's Play will take a much more humerous turn. Also, with the dialogue Syvishtar spoke against Sarevok, he will probably turn to be a lot more good-natured than he was before (or at least Minsc-like). His relationship with the Golden Company will probably remain unchanged, and because of his boost in insanity, he will be less aware of the troubles that surround him.

Ending C: Solo-Demons- This ending will probably line-up with his persona of the first act of the first game. A chaotic neutral wild mage, that doesn't take shit from anyone. In his dialogue he already presented his intentions of taking the "throne" from Sarevok for his own. Also, knowing that he was able to defeat Sarevok without any help from his companions, he will probably be a lot tougher in the future. No more emotional welling, and a lot more wise-cracking and badassary due to his max power confidence-boost.

Right now I'm really thinking about picking Ending C, just to find out what you'll do with it. Anyway, did I hit close to the mark? :P 

#1245 -Celissa-

-Celissa-

Posted 23 May 2014 - 10:34 PM

My god.  This is far and away the best LP I've ever seen.  Thank you so much for the amusement I've gotten from reading this.  Some of the choices Syvishtar and the voices in his--or is it her?--head have made have been simply delightful.  The bunnygeddon ending had me laughing so hard that I nearly choked.  This has to be the canon ending for Syvishtar, clearly.  How much more of an epic wild mage ending could we ask for?

Altogether, this is an absolutely amazing LP.  Thanks for keeping it updated here where we can all see it!

#1246 Usurper

Usurper
  • 1115 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 09:02 AM

For the fun of it, I'll just go through a psychological breakdown on what I think the endings could mean for the future of Syvishtar.

You did catch on some of the themes I'm trying to make for the endings. But you'll see what they are soon enough!
The Monk is always out to keep a wild mage down. But the Weave, she speaks to me. Together we work our collective will on this brittle, cracking world.
Playing the Big World Project Let's Play both here and on the Something Awful forums.

#1247 Usurper

Usurper
  • 1115 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 10:20 AM

BWP20140526101.jpg

13 Nightal, 1370d

My friends don't deserve this.

BWP20140526001.jpg

Here I am, standing with Kagain the unkillable, Finch the ever-happy, Xan my lover, Kivan one of my oldest friends, and Imoen, my childhood buddy extraordinaire and one of the most competent thief/mages on the Sword Coast. How can I lead them against almost certain death?

Especially when there are... so many other options!

BWP20140526002.jpg

If Sarevok wants a slaughter, I can't bring my favorite buddies. I should bring him my... less valuable compatriots. Those of the Golden Company who never really fit in. Like, say, Faldorn, Xavia, Mulgore, Conchobhair, and Thorfinn.

BWP20140526004.jpg

Yes, this is much better. I'll hardly cry at all if these fall serving me.

And, you know, there's no real need to get involved in this fight if I don't have to...

I enter the temple.

Sarevok stands before me. I approach him and make my case.

BWP20140526005.jpg

BRKVQ.jpg You are mad! What do you hope to gain by resurrecting a dead god?

Sarevok.jpeg Father Bhaal is dead, but the slaughter I will orchestrate shall prove me to be his most worthy successor. It will raise his power from the ashes. The streets will run red with blood when my work is finished!

BRKVQ.jpg And what if I can prove myself to be more deserving of such power?

Sarevok.jpeg You would seek to take my destiny? It is truly divine arrogance you display! You have not the skill or knowledge to steal this future! It was years in the making while you sat cloistered in a foolish library! Simple wars spill countless waves of blood and no godly wrath is raised. It is but my will that will shape the screams of the dying into the power I seek! You could no more assume my role, than I could back away from it! It is fitting though that you should try, and an ample testament to our bloodline. Face me! Face the new LORD OF MURDER! Angelo! Tazok! Reveal yourselves and let's finish this now!

With that, he rushes to attack.

BWP20140526006.jpg

I retreat behind my minions and they rush him, clearing my escape.

BWP20140526007.jpg

I retreat to the back of the room, but Sarevok begins to taunt me.

BWP20140526008.jpg

Sarevok.jpeg Our dead father's strength suffuses these walls! Here I was to perform the rituals that would make me a god, and here I have already mastered power beyond your puny imaginings. What I began with Zhalimar and the others whom you struck down in Reiltar's mansion, I have now completed.

Sarevok.jpeg These four are my acolytes, the first of my worshippers. While we are within this place, their souls are bound to our father's taint within me. Their power suffuses me, protects me from all harm. It is but a taste of what I shall wield when I ascend, but for now it is more than sufficient to end this little family quarrel.

Sarevok.jpeg Goodbye, Syvishtar. I shall not allow your death to be swift.

Whatever. Get through my minions first, brother.

Tazok appears suddenly, striking the northman with shocking force. And Semaj casts Confusion.

BWP20140526009.jpg

I order them all to attack Tazok instead of Sarevok. I order Faldorn to heal Thorfinn.

And it all goes out the window when Semaj's Confusion hits.

BWP20140526010.jpg

I can only watch in frustration as first Thorfinn and then Conchobhair fall.

BWP20140526011.jpg

This is embarrassing. The next 5 better do better than this!

Semaj releases a magic missile storm against Faldorn. It looks bad.

BWP20140526012.jpg

And sure enough, she dies to it. Idiot!

Xavia is off in the corner getting killed by Angelo, leaving her orc friend behind.

BWP20140526013.jpg

Then I notice a column of flame strike down from the ceiling, and Sarevok begins to taunt me.

BWP20140526015.jpg

What just happened? Did Mulgore manage to take someone out before he... yep he dies.

BWP20140526016.jpg

I see a Diarmid, Semaj, and Angelo. Mulgore must have cut down Tazok. Good boy!

Angelo must be some kind of fighter-mage, because he cuts down Xavia with a sword. I think?

BWP20140526017.jpg

Ahh, well, I didn't expect too much from these guys. Time to pick up the next group!

BWP20140526018.jpg

Hey uh guys... we need reinforcements at the fight! Gavin, Xzar, Bjornin, Will, and Ferthgil, lets go!

And... don't forget to cast Armor Xzar. You're going to need it.

BWP20140526019.jpg

Bjornin also protects everyone from evil. Good thinking, Bjornin.

BWP20140526021.jpg

When we get there, I tell Bjornin to delay the big fuckoff armored dude. Ferthgil I tell to go after the mage Semaj. Gavin calls down a Holy Smite, while Will Scarlett uses Fabio's lute to cast Confusion. Xzar opens with a magic missile, shooting 2 at Semaj.

I guess that's why they target him first.

BWP20140526022.jpg

Bolts of glory shoot from the heavens, interrupting Semaj's spell. Go Gavin!

BWP20140526023.jpg

Ferthgil is seriously injured, and Gavin's next move is to cast Dispel Magic. Every magical effect in the area is removed.

BWP20140526024.jpg

Go Gavin again!!

I throw a potion to Ferthgil, and he downs it, but it is not enough to save his life. A skeleton warrior gets him.

BWP20140526025.jpg

Bjornin is also under heavy fire, as Gavin tries to cast another spell and Will falls prey to the Confusion he was trying to cast on others.

BWP20140526026.jpg

As Bjornin falls, Gavin is also Confused. Ugh. A nice showing from Gavin but this whole group is a lost cause.

BWP20140526027.jpg

Semaj puts up a teleport field. Gavin is teleported away from Sarevok just one second too late, as he is killed.

BWP20140526028.jpg

Sarevok also cuts down Will Scarlett O'Hara. A strange end to what may be the least active bard in Faerun.

BWP20140526029.jpg

I find an unoccupied corner and teleport back to Shaundakul's Sanctuary.

BWP20140526030.jpg

Uhh... guys. Not gonna lie, we need more backup. Fight's not going so well.

#1248 Usurper

Usurper
  • 1115 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 10:21 AM

Who's up for it? How about... Safana, Keiria, Skeezer Lumpkin IV, Indira, and Coran?

We teleport in and buff up. It doesn't take long.

BWP20140526031.jpg

Then, they advance, with Indira leading the charge!

BWP20140526032.jpg

She looks good, she looks brave, with her surrounded by Mirror Images all dual-wielding the swords of life and death. But then Keiria casts Grease.

BWP20140526033.jpg

Indira is the only one affected. It's probably lights out for her. She drinks a potion, but yep, she dies.

BWP20140526034.jpg

All flash and no staying power, that one.

Skeezer and Keiria both cast Magic Missile at Semaj. Semaj responds with Melf's Minute Meteors.

BWP20140526035.jpg

Skeezer and Keiria try to keep up the pressure, but they just can't put out enough missiles. And Angelo simply cuts Skeezer down.

BWP20140526036.jpg

Keiria is similarly thwarted by Semaj's casting of Invisibility.

BWP20140526037.jpg

But it hardly matters, when one cast of Sunfire by Angelo takes out the entire team.

BWP20140526039.jpg

Amateurs. Rank amateurs.

I need some quality people. Who can I use... Branwen! Dynaheir! Minsc! Jet'laya! Black Bear!

We teleport in hot. Black Bear and Minsc begin jumping all over the room with their boots.

BWP20140526042.jpg

Semaj casts some spiders for Minsc to deal with.

BWP20140526043.jpg

He goes berserk. Dynaheir tries to user her Wand of Polymorph on Diarmid, but it doesn't work.

BWP20140526044.jpg

I tell everyone to attack Diarmid. He looks injured.

A second later, Sarevok cuts down Dynaheir. I knew it would happen.

BWP20140526045.jpg

Semaj tries to cast more summons, but she puts herself in the thick of melee. I tell everyone to focus on her instead.

BWP20140526046.jpg

Angelo doesn't do any favors when he hits Branwen with a Lightning Bolt.

BWP20140526047.jpg

And Sarevok finishes her off.

BWP20140526048.jpg

Minsc is berserk and doesn't respond to any commands. Jet'laya and Black Bear try to hold their own, but they are getting hurt bad.

BWP20140526049.jpg

A freakin sword spider cuts black bear down. Ugh.

BWP20140526050.jpg

A different sword spider kills Jet'laya.

BWP20140526051.jpg

They all turn on Minsc, who lays about with his gigantic sword.

BWP20140526052.jpg

But even the great Rashemon warrior can't stand up to Sarevok's fury.

BWP20140526053.jpg

I'm... running low on Golden Company members. Aside from the main group, there's only Yeslick, Firebead, Viconia, Edwin, and Alora, and Squirrel. That's six.

BWP20140526054.jpg

I choose to exclude squirrel.

This is a caster-heavy group of people who know what they're doing. We buff up and prepare to move out.

BWP20140526055.jpg

On our return Teleport we are ambushed by Angelo. He casts Shadow Door and several of us leap after him! Viconia, Firebead, and Alora are trapped in the extradimensional space. You think they would know by now!

BWP20140526056.jpg

Yeslick drops down a Glyph of Warding while Edwin calls up some spiders. Angelo runs away.

BWP20140526057.jpg

But then as Edwin calls down an Ice Storm on Angelo, he turns and runs back, hitting Edwin and Yeslick both with Confusion.

BWP20140526058.jpg

Gah! This one guy is handling the entire team! This is so unfair!

So I cast Dispel Magic on everyone.

BWP20140526059.jpg

Edwin and Firebead start casting something powerful-sounding, and Yeslick calls down a Holy Smite on Angelo's head. Alora fires off her most potent sling bullets.

BWP20140526060.jpg

Firebead's Wand of Paralyzation works, and Angelo is frozen mid-swing.

BWP20140526061.jpg

Everyone pelts Angelo with ranged weapons until he dies.

BWP20140526062.jpg

Someone has summoned an elemental. It's not me but I don't mind.

Everyone continues to pelt the skeleton warrior that arises from the corpse of Angelo until the scene changes.

BWP20140526063.jpg

Behind Sarevok comes Diarmid, and everyone focuses on him. Spell, wand, and hammer.

BWP20140526065.jpg

Yeslick rushes Diarmid and starts beating him about the legs with his Rift Hammer. But he is stopped with a Hold Person by Semaj.

BWP20140526066.jpg

Viconia throws a Glyph of Warding at the crowd. It hurts all our enemies.

BWP20140526067.jpg

Edwin casts a respectable amount of magic missiles at Diarmid.

#1249 Usurper

Usurper
  • 1115 posts

But it doesn't quite kill him.

BWP20140526068.jpg

Viconia's Dispel Magic hits Yeslick, freeing him. Which is good, because Sarevok has targeted him next.

BWP20140526069.jpg

Edwin's next volley of magic missiles takes out Diarmid, who was also shooting arrows at Edwin.

BWP20140526070.jpg

Yeslick drinks a healing potion and turns to fight Semaj face-to-face.

BWP20140526071.jpg

Viconia tries to Turn Undead to turn them to her side. But Sarevok takes a liking to her face.

BWP20140526072.jpg

She has to run. So she does.

One of Semaj's spells hits Alora. A Fear spell. She starts running scared.

BWP20140526073.jpg

Edwin's next volley of missiles takes out the mage, Semaj. Who is left?

BWP20140526074.jpg

No one, apparently, for Sarevok starts to express a little doubt.

BWP20140526075.jpg

Yeslick runs off to heal himself, pursued by Sarevok. He does, but Sarevok just takes it away again.

BWP20140526076.jpg

Firebead summons an air elemental. Edwin casts Lightning Bolt at Sarevok, injuring him.

BWP20140526077.jpg

Edwin also hits Sarevok with Skull Trap, but it doesn't seem to be very effective.

BWP20140526078.jpg

The air elemental dies, but Firebead has replaced it with some gnolls, to keep distracting Sarevok.

BWP20140526079.jpg

Edwin is effective with Magic Missiles.

BWP20140526080.jpg

Yeslick steps up to engage Sarevok in hand-to-hand combat. Edwin sticks with what he knows.

BWP20140526081.jpg

The two mages then pelt Sarevok with Flame and Acid arrows between them.

BWP20140526082.jpg

Yeslick isn't looking so good, so I order him to retreat.

BWP20140526083.jpg

The mages try to do something to Sarevok's spell resistance.

BWP20140526084.jpg

Yeslick manages to cast Sanctuary upon himself. He is saved from assault.

BWP20140526085.jpg

The mages are running short on damaging spells. Firebead is reduced to Chromatic Orb, which he casts at Sarevok nevertheless. Sarevok is chasing Viconia right now.

BWP20140526086.jpg

Edwin hits Sarevok with a Ray of Frost! But he is also dangerously close to the undead warriors.

BWP20140526087.jpg

Alora, too unmindful of what's going on around her, falls to a skeleton warrior ambush.

BWP20140526088.jpg

Edwin, who had been doing so well in his magical assault on Sarevok up 'til now, also forgets to check around him, and dies to a skeleton warrior's blade.

BWP20140526089.jpg

Firebead notices and goes invisible.

BWP20140526090.jpg

Viconia as well, her focus only on Sarevok, finds herself outnumbered and surrounded by skeleton warriors. She dies in one hit, after withstanding a dozen.

BWP20140526091.jpg

Yeslick, after drinking some potions, makes a courageous last stand against the hordes. But he loses his nerve after a while, and starts to run scared.

BWP20140526092.jpg

I can't stand watching anymore. They've done so well! I cast Rhialto's Random Missiles at Sarevok.

BWP20140526093.jpg

It is too late for Yeslick. He dies.

BWP20140526094.jpg

But a moment later, more of my missiles connect, and one goes through Sarevok's side.

BWP20140526095.jpg

Sarevok.jpeg No! How... can this be? HOW CAN THIS BE?

Sarevok falls to the floor, and something strange happens to his body. Something I've only seen in fevered dreams of my own death, before. Something... singular.

The skeleton warriors are of no consequence. I and Firebead leave the building.

Once out, I resurrect everyone.

BWP20140526097.jpg

And we return to the sanctuary.

BWP20140526100.jpg

The Golden Company is smaller, but stronger. The ones that remain are the true warriors. With Yeslick, Viconia, Edwin, Firebead, Alora, Kagain, Imoen, Finch, Kivan, Squirrel, and Xan, who can stand against us? Today was a worthy sacrifice of the weak for the continued lives of the strong.

My Father will be proud.

Gameplay note: Okay, this is officially now Ending D, aka Golden sacrifice. Syvishtar has realized that there is no reason to exert himself in fighting his enemies when he can get someone else, in fact dozens of someone elses, to do it for him. The consequences of this act will be far-reaching and pivotal to his character growth. Fear it, or embrace it.

In the end, Syvisthar has divided the members of the Golden Company into 3 categories:

Final loyal Golden Company members: Yeslick, Viconia, Edwin, Firebead, Alora, Kagain, Imoen, Finch, Kivan, Squirrel, Lady Seafoam Wonderbounce, and Xan.

Final wussy ex-Golden Company wussies who are dead to him: Jaheira, Khalid, Mur'Neth, Rose, Bub Snikt, Quayle, Garrick.

Roll of the Permanent Dead additions: Faldorn, Xavia, Mulgore, Conchobhair, Thorfinn, Gavin, Xzar, Bjornin, Will, Ferthgil, Safana, Keiria, Skeezer Lumpkin IV, Indira, Coran, Branwen, Dynaheir, Minsc, Jet'laya, and Black Bear.

#1250 Usurper

Usurper
  • 1115 posts

and then one more!

#1251 Usurper

Usurper
  • 1115 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 10:22 AM

BWP20140527060.jpg

13 Nightal, 1370e

As I approach the gate of the old temple, a new feeling flows over me. The Weave is there, but something else too. It reminds me of the times I heal my friends, and the times my Divine Wrath flows out of me. The two types of feelings are two types of energy, and they thrum together in my mind, beating against and with each other. I see reality crack and flake, and again I begin to see the great Tree of Life with its infinite branches and leaves splayed out before me. I follow not one path, but dozens, hundreds - an infinite number. There is no limit to the branches on this tree. I plunge down one; I step forward and open the old temple door.

After we enter, Xan addresses me.

BWP20140506004.jpg

jLQZ5.jpg *Xan leans in to kiss you, his fingers resting lightly behind your ears, and his lips barely touching yours.* You are with me, alive and well. That is all that matters to me now. And, perhaps, forever more.

I walk to the center of the room.

BWP20140506005.jpg

It looks like my dear brother has given me half of the room to work with. Well, lets get started.

BWP20140506006.jpg

I return to Shaundakul's Sanctuary, to the assembled Golden Company.

BWP20140506007.jpg

It's time to set ourselves up. I grab the first group - the room can only teleport 6 at a time - and get ready to get into position.

BWP20140506008.jpg

Then it is back to get the second load.

BWP20140506009.jpg

In just two trips, the back row is assembled.

BWP20140506010.jpg

Next, I pick up a load of clerics.

BWP20140506012.jpg

Gavin seems quite inspired by the temple, and this whole confrontation.

BWP20140506014.jpg

What was that flickering across Gavin's face just now? Was it doubt? Indecision? No matter. All will be decided soon.

I space the clerics out evenly in a second row.

BWP20140506015.jpg

But Gavin suddenly seems to have second thoughts. He doesn't seem to want to play along with the plan.

BWP20140506016.jpg

LxWCX.jpg You're actually asking me to wait here? Are you mad?

Gameplay note: Apparently the modder coded in a don't-leave-Gavin-in-a-shitty-dungeon-forever dialogue clause. I can't see any way to keep him here, even with cheat codes. There's no option for "just hold on this will all make sense in a moment." I'm going to have to let him go.

BRKVQ.jpg You'll make it, Gavin. Once you're out, go to the safe haven of your choice and I'll meet you there.

LxWCX.jpg If you say so... I'll make for the Elfsong, then. If I'm in luck, maybe Jolun will be in town.

A pity about Gavin. But we can do without him. A few more trips, and the entire Golden Company is assembled.

BWP20140506018.jpg

But, yo know, I need to be sure that everyone is with me on this. I turn to Yeslick and ask him straight out if he will help me in this fight. He ... declines.

BWP20140526002.jpg

Gameplay note: This is what I forgot to do last time. I forgot to make sure everyone's relationship values were high enough and then explicitly ask them for help so that they would back me up in this fight. But now, I'll do that, by offering gold or silver rings to every single golden company member. One. At. A. Time.

I turn to everyone. I ask them all... how do they feel about me really?

BWP20140526003.jpg

I get a lot of shrugs. A "meh" or two. They could take me or leave me, apparently.

Well, I know there's one way to fix that! I turn to Yeslick again, and give him a whole stack of rainbow obsidian necklaces!

BWP20140526004.jpg

I give him necklaces until he can't take them anymore!

BWP20140526006.jpg

Then I check his reaction.

BWP20140526007.jpg

And I ask him to fight for me.

BWP20140526008.jpg

Gameplay note: Aha! This is what I was lacking! Now to do that for every other NPC in this room... wait. Is he...

BWP20140526009.jpg

Gameplay note: HOLY SHIT HE'S GREEN CIRCLED!!! Why didn't I explore this mod in-depth much earlier?

Standing around, Kagain gets bored. So he talks to Finch.

BWP20140526011.jpg

1p4PW.jpg Oh, they have enormous value!

a3M0h.jpg Don't be shy, lass! Give us a figure. How many gold would they pawn fer, say, if an axe fell on yer head?

1p4PW.jpg Pawn?! Never! I was not speaking of monetary value, but educational! There's a wealth of knowledge within these bindings, so you just stop thinking whatever mercenary thoughts you are thinking!

a3M0h.jpg Be not lecturin' me, gnomelette! Never saw such a lot to haul around bags o' garbage as this party.

Hey, was that directed at me? I sold my stuff, okay dwarf?

In short order, Thaufinn is also convinced.

BWP20140526013.jpg

This is going to work! Just need almost every single coin I have on me...

Gameplay note: What I've actually done here is cheat in the rings and amulets that I need to bribe people. But wild surges keep happening and erasing my gold, even when doing this simple relationship maintenance spell. I'm down to 10,000 gold. It's fair, I say.

Eventually I have the whole front row fired up and raring to go!

BWP20140527002.jpg

Xan has strange feelings welling up inside of himself.

BWP20140527003.jpg

jLQZ5.jpg *Xan sighs and kisses your cheek.* But I am more than happy as it is, I suppose.

I'm almost done paying the entire Golden Company, when Imoen strikes up a conversation with Xan.

BWP20140527004.jpg

jLQZ5.jpg Syvishtar is not your sister, child. The fact that you have grown up together-

wrtbm.jpg -means we're as close as sisters, so there!

jLQZ5.jpg Tel'Quessir are not humans with pointy ears, Imoen. You cannot even imagine, much less comprehend, the spiritual abyss that separates the two of you.

wrtbm.jpg What are ya talking 'bout?

jLQZ5.jpg How would you describe the sunset to a blind man? How would I describe the essence of the Elven Spirit to a human?

wrtbm.jpg Xan, ya sound pretty stuffy, if ya ask me.

jLQZ5.jpg *sigh* Worry not about this, Imoen. All of us will die within a tenday, and the differences that interest you so will become obliterated.

Squirrel is the last one to be convinced, but in the end they all see the profit in being a part of this fight. We are ready.

BWP20140527007.jpg

Gameplay note: I realize that they are green-circled but I cannot control them. I hope they fight!

And so it begins. We cast our protections.

BWP20140527009.jpg

Then, I step boldly into the center of my dread Father's sigil. I dare Sarevok to come forth.

BWP20140506020.jpg

He does.

BWP20140506021.jpg

BRKVQ.jpg Your evil ways end here tonight! This god stays dead and you will join him!

Sarevok.jpeg Yes, sister! Bring your rage to bear, and we shall end this in a manner befitting our heritage! Face me! Face the new LORD OF MURDER! Angelo! Tazok! Reveal yourselves and let's finish this now!

You and what army, dear brother?

I see magical movement behind my brother, so I fall back to the Golden Company.

BWP20140527010.jpg

Sarevok rushes us, and we respond in kind.

BWP20140527011.jpg

Gameplay note: YES! ITS WORKING!!!

Both Black Bear and Minsc teleport in behind Sarevok.

#1252 Usurper

Usurper
  • 1115 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 10:22 AM

The rest of the Golden Company rushes him from the front.

BWP20140527013.jpg

Half the Golden Company surrounds Sarevok, blades flashing in the light of the magics heading for him. But he just laughs.

BWP20140527014.jpg

Sarevok.jpeg Our dead father's strength suffuses these walls! Here I was to perform the rituals that would make me a god, and here I have already mastered power beyond your puny imaginings. What I began with Zhalimar and the others whom you struck down in Reiltar's mansion, I have now completed.

Sarevok.jpeg These four are my acolytes, the first of my worshippers. While we are within this place, their souls are bound to our father's taint within me. Their power suffuses me, protects me from all harm. It is but a taste of what I shall wield when I ascend, but for now it is more than sufficient to end this little family quarrel.

Sarevok.jpeg Goodbye, Syvishtar. I shall not allow your death to be swift.

Not bloody likely, LITTLE brother. Behold my Golden Company arrayed in all its glory against ye!

I see Semaj cast Chaos. I see the little ball of destruction head for Kagain. I know what to do.

BWP20140527015.jpg

But before I can do anything, Kivan shouts out.

BWP20140527016.jpg

Tazok.jpeg Heh. My small folk will have an elf-head to play with tonight!

ywD7r.jpg I will cast you into the Abyss where you belong!

For one horrifying moment, all is Confusion and Chaos.

BWP20140527017.jpg

But then my Dispel Magic washes over my army, and they are cleansed. Crisis averted.

BWP20140527018.jpg

We all decide to help Kivan get his revenge first. I focus the main group on Tazok.

BWP20140527019.jpg

As Tazok dies, a column of flame erupts from his corpse. And again the main battle group is engulfed in Confusion, this time from multiple sources!

BWP20140527020.jpg

Imoen casts her Dispel Magic then, and I hope she can save us all. But Sarevok begins to taunt me.

BWP20140527022.jpg

Imoen brings order to the battle once again, and I sigh in relief.

BWP20140527023.jpg

Xan dies somewhere in the melee. I can't even tell where, but I feel him go.

BWP20140527024.jpg

Kivan is briefly dominated and turned against the group, but Finch's Dispel Magic brings him back to us. I hope the rest of the Golden Company realizes it!

BWP20140527025.jpg

The main battle group is hit with YET ANOTHER Confusion. I have got to do something about that mage!

BWP20140527026.jpg

I send Kivan with Arrows of Dispelling against Semaj.

I notice Indira is trying to take on the mage herself!

BWP20140527027.jpg

I open Rhialto's Spellbook and use its Dispel Magic to clear our battle lines once again.

BWP20140527028.jpg

Finch rushes up and conducts what may be the greatest Chant to ever occur in all battles anywhere.

BWP20140527030.jpg

I start casting Rhialto's Random Missiles at Semaj. I notice that Indira has gotten confused, but that Black Bear is now on the case!

BWP20140527031.jpg

As Sarevok contends with the majority of the Golden Company's melee combatants, I interrupt Semaj's spells.

BWP20140527032.jpg

I'm glad mine are the missiles that kill her.

BWP20140527033.jpg

Only Diarmid left. I order my guys to take him out.

BWP20140527034.jpg

No! Angelo! I forgot about him! I remember when he Sunfires the entire central group.

BWP20140527035.jpg

Conchobhair falls, but I manage to pierce Angelo's illusions.

BWP20140527036.jpg

On the other side of the room, Kagain absolutely destroys Diarmid.

BWP20140527037.jpg

And as he is the only one left, Finch and Imoen bring down the fury of the heavens upon Angelo.

BWP20140527038.jpg

I see Indira fall out of the corner of my eye, but then I feel a mace in my back. I turn and see Viconia, attacking me!

BWP20140527039.jpg

No, Viconia, bad drow! She must have gotten really confused during one of those bouts of Confusion.

I can't see Angelo. He went invisible. I pull the Final Five party to the door to try to find him. Other Golden Company members attack Viconia.

BWP20140527040.jpg

I cast Detect Invisibility, and finally see Angelo. There!

BWP20140527041.jpg

I point him out to the group, and they focus fire a mega smackdown.

BWP20140527042.jpg

Kagain gets the killing blow.

BWP20140527043.jpg

Then Sarevok, standing knee-deep in the corpses of the Golden Company, begins to doubt himself.

BWP20140527045.jpg

I cast Rhialto's Random Missiles. Finch brings down a Flamestrike. Imoen brings down a lightning bolt through her Orb of Storms. Kivan fires his bow as quickly as possible. And a super-fast Kagain rushes over and smacks Sarevok with his Battleaxe of Dispelling Fire.

He is done.

BWP20140527048.jpg

Sarevok falls to the floor, and something strange happens to his body. Something I've only seen in fevered dreams of my own death, before. Something... singular.

Now, the only thing left to do is to try to repair the damage that the Confusions have caused.

BWP20140527049.jpg

Kagain takes out one Skeleton Warrior.

BWP20140527050.jpg

Then we all take out the second.

BWP20140527051.jpg

Now, how can we stop this fighting with Viconia?

I try to rush over there, to charm her, to talk to her, something. But she attacks randomly, with a vengeance. Xzar just puts her down.

BWP20140527052.jpg

I call my servant to resurrect Xan.

BWP20140527053.jpg

He is quite happy to be alive.

BWP20140527054.jpg

jLQZ5.jpg *He gently takes your hand, his fingers intertwining with yours, and you walk arm in arm.*

Then I try to count up who made it, and who didn't.

In the corner, gathered around the fallen body of our late drow priestess I see Safana, Coran, Xzar, Ferthgil Trollslayer, Dynaheir, Black Bear, Jet'laya, and Minsc.

BWP20140527055.jpg

Milling around in the center near me are Firebead Elvenhair, Edwin, Squirrel, Skeezer Lumpkin IV, Kagain, Finch, Kivan, Xan, Imoen, and Keiria Silverstring. And then off in the corner by himself is Yeslick.

BWP20140527058.jpg

I fear the worst for the others, but near the front of the temple I find Branwen!

BWP20140527059.jpg

Then, by process of elimination, the ones that didn't make it are Indira, Thorfinn Hausklinuff, Bjornin, Will Scarlet O'Hara, Mulgore, Xavia, Conchobhair Strongblade, Faldorn, Alora, and, of course, Viconia.

Damn, almost our entire front line fell, mostly to Sarevok. They are the true heroes, and they will be remembered.

Gameplay note: Ok, this is the final possible ending, Ending E, aka Golden Company assault! In this ending, 10 of the Golden Company are dead, mostly BG1-only NPCs. Syvishtar has just successfully led a willing army into the jaws of death and come out with only 30% losses. He realizes the power of bribery, and is well on his way to becoming a politician, statesman, and perhaps a Lord! Finally, Syvishtar realizes that it is his fault that some Golden Company members didn't follow him into the depths of the earth. If he sees Jaheira, Khalid, Mur'Neth, Rose, Bub Snikt, Quayle, Garrick, or Gavin again he will give them another chance to follow him and work harder to be a better leader for them. The consequences of this act will be far-reaching and pivotal to his character growth. Fear it, or embrace it.

#1253 Usurper

Usurper
  • 1115 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 10:27 AM

Ok, it is time to officially vote. So let me know, Which ending do you want to go with? We have 5 choices, which I will detail below:

---------------------------------------------

Ending A: Ultimate betrayal. Syvishtar brought the entire Golden Company with him, but disregarded their own desires or opinions in a blatant bid to out-Sarevok Sarevok. Kajeesus summed it up perfectly:
The implications of that ending are amazing. Syvishtar basically acknowledged that they're just cannon fodder to him, left them all in a pocket dimension to chew on it, and then confronted Sarevok by saying he'd be a much better Lord of Murder.

They all feared it was coming. Firebead had told them to stay their hand, and they had listened. The man knew Gorion better than anyone, and still had faith that Syvishtar had been brought up right. Minsc was the first to see it, and Bjornin and Firebead were last. There was no convincing Xan or Imoen. Finch never saw it. Kagain saw only profit in staying in Syvishtar's good graces, and Kivan said that any Lord of Murder who laid the ground floor with Tazok was alright with him. Jaheira refused to betray Gorion's ward, and Gavin ended up getting cold feet at the eleventh hour. There were others who refused, but whether it was from loyalty or cowardice is hard to say.

They had all agreed to come slay the Bhaalspawn who had been embracing his father's essence and was threatening the entire Sword Coast, if not more, with death and destruction. Syvishtar is throwing fireballs at his allies again, more callously than ever before. He is facing his only known equal in the world, and there may never be another opportunity to do this. Whatever good there was in Syvishtar just wasn't enough to overcome his nature.

The Lord of Murder shall perish, but in his doom he shall spawn a score of mortal progeny. Chaos will be sown from their passage. So sayeth the wise Alaundo.
In this ending, Syvishtar realizes that the plebs will never understand what it means to be a Bhallspawn, and that he was wrong to so nakedly make a grab for power. He will still seek the power that his heritage gives him of course, embracing everything related to it with zeal. But he will attempt to hide it from his companions and the public at large. Because no matter how much you are tempted to, We can never trust Them.

.:Ending Stats:.

Ending Dead (22): Alora, Bjornin, Black Bear, Branwen, Conchobhair, Coran, Dynaheir, Edwin, Faldorn, Ferthgil, Indira, Jet'Laya, Keiria, Minsc, Mulgore, Skeezer Lumpkin IV, Squirrel, Thorfinn, Will Scarlet, Viconia, Xavia, Xzar

Trust Broken Forever (3): Firebead Elvenhair, Safana, Yeslick

Remaining Friends (14): Bub Snikt, Finch, Garrick, Gavin, Imoen, Jaheira, Kagain, Khalid, Kivan, Lady Seafoam Wonderbounce, Mur'Neth, Quayle, Rose, Xan

Ending B: Unleashing the Wild Horde. Syvishtar ditched everyone and went in alone, trusting the Weave to watch his back. And the Weave did, with all its wild will it did. Syvishtar hadn't seen so much overt support since that duel in the depths of the ruined Ulcaster School so long ago. He overflowed with magical power, the Wild Will of the Weave refreshing his spells two times. He learned that he is a strong, independent mage that don't need no meatshields. He got back in touch with his wild mage; he got his lagomorph groove back.

If this ending is chosen, Syvishtar will take a fundamentalist approach to wild magic, going back to the older days when he led the encounter with spells and listened closely for the will of the Weave. For the past few months he's been taking a support role, letting his companions shine. But it is the Will of the Weave to let him unleash furry, fiery bunny doom upon all that stand in his way, and so he will endeavor to do that as much as possible. He may even start to go solo on missions more often, to test his own magical mettle against the world without companions, and to better let his bunnies shine. And explode.

Ending Dead (0): Everybody lives, Imoen! Just this once, everybody lives!

Trust Broken Forever ( 8): Jaheira, Khalid, Mur'Neth, Rose, Bub Snikt, Quayle, Garrick, Gavin.

Remaining Friends (31): Minsc, Squirrel, Edwin, Alora, Viconia, Black Bear, Jet'Laya, Dynaheir, Coran, Branwen, Indira, Keiria, Mulgore, Xavia, Ferthgil, Will Scarlet, Bjornin, Xzar, Skeezer Lumpkin IV, Thorfinn, Conchobhair, Faldorn, Yeslick, Firebead Elvenhair, Safana, Kagain, Xan, Kivan, Imoen, Finch, Lady Seafoam Wonderbounce

Ending C: Day of the demons. Syvishtar ditched everyone and called forth a ton of demons, sometimes two at a time, and they tore apart everyone and everything opposed to him. He needed no one else save demons to fix all his problems permanently.

If this ending is chosen, Syvishtar will realize that true power comes from Hell. Demons are the answer. People are weak. He must learn more about his heritage and the demons that he can summon. Because people are weak. This is the darkest timeline.

Ending Dead (1): Syvishtar's moral compass.

Trust Broken Forever (1): Mortal-kind.

Remaining Friends (infinite): An infinite number of demons remain in the Abyss for Syvishtar to call at any time of the day or night.

Ending D: Golden sacrifice. Syvishtar decided to sit back and let his companions do the fighting, 5 at a time, until someone finally brought down this annoying Sarevok. He took a very back seat to the fight, only interfering when things became what he considered to be 'unfair.' 4 groups of his friends and compatriots were slaughtered by the bad guys, and he just left their corpses on the cold stone floor and went for more.

If this ending is chosen, Syvishtar will believe Sarevok Did Nothing Wrong, except, perhaps, not having enough people to die for him. Syvishtar will take even more of a back seat to fighting than he has before, only interfering when his minions companions look to be in trouble, or are dead. He will also take less popular minions on more dangerous missions. And he may just leave unworthy followers to rot in a dungeon somewhere if they fail him for the last time.

Ending Dead (20): Faldorn, Xavia, Mulgore, Conchobhair, Thorfinn, Gavin, Xzar, Bjornin, Will, Ferthgil, Safana, Keiria, Skeezer Lumpkin IV, Indira, Coran, Branwen, Dynaheir, Minsc, Jet'laya, and Black Bear

Trust Broken Forever (7): Jaheira, Khalid, Mur'Neth, Rose, Bub Snikt, Quayle, Garrick

Remaining Friends (12): Yeslick, Viconia, Edwin, Firebead, Alora, Kagain, Imoen, Finch, Kivan, Squirrel, Lady Seafoam Wonderbounce, and Xan

Ending E: Golden Company assault. Syvishtar brought everyone who would come with him to Sarevok's deserted temple. He realized one important thing about life - people will follow you better if there's something in it for them. Syvishtar paid everyone generous sums of treasure to fight for him in this final battle, and succeeded in locking down a completely loyal army of 31 heroes totally dedicated to the destruction of his brother. When Sarevok rushed them,the Golden Company rushed back, and kept him in check long enough for Syvishtar's group to eliminate Sarevok's minions. Then, in a coordinated strike, they blew Sarevok to ash in a moment. Casualties were high, but evil was dead.

If this ending is chosen, Syvishtar learns something about being a true leader of heroes. He will pay more attention to the Relationship mod, and also take better care of his followers. He may even seek political office or a position of responsibility, perhaps a castle of his own to manage as a lord of the land. And hey, he might end up being pretty good at it.

Ending Dead (10): Indira, Thorfinn Hausklinuff, Bjornin, Will Scarlet O'Hara, Mulgore, Xavia, Conchobhair Strongblade, Faldorn, Alora, Viconia

Trust Broken Forever (0): Everything is awesome! Everything is cool when you're part of a team!

Remaining Friends (29): Safana, Coran, Xzar, Ferthgil Trollslayer, Dynaheir, Black Bear, Jet'laya, Minsc, Firebead Elvenhair, Edwin, Squirrel, Skeezer Lumpkin IV, Kagain, Finch, Kivan, Xan, Imoen, Keiria Silverstring, Yeslick, Branwen, Jaheira, Khalid, Mur'Neth, Rose, Bub Snikt, Quayle, Garrick, Gavin, Lady Seafoam Wonderbounce

Ending F: Dragonbreak. All endings are true, as the Weave broke Syvishtar into 6 fragments, each one taking a different path through a possible future. This means that the time Syvishtar died is also true. Because 1/6th of Syvishtar died, he will lose 1/6th of his current xp and total hit points as soon as the battle is over. Also the same will apply to any NPCs. They will get xp and total hp penalties based on their ratios of permanent death to life in all endings.

Syvishtar will learn the following lessons from his experience:
  • The plebs will never understand what it means to be Bhaalspawn. Keep it a secret, but embrace it.
  • Maybe Sarevok had some good ideas.
  • If you go alone, go bunnies or demons or go home. Perhaps bunnies are a type of demon?
  • Follow the Weave more closely in all things
  • Jaheira, Khalid, Mur'Neth, Rose, Bub Snikt, Quayle, and Garrick are of questionable chutzpah but could have another chance, maybe.
  • Bribery is the grease that makes Toril go 'round

Ending Dead (8 1/2): 1/6th of Edwin, Safana, and Squirrel. 1/3rd of Alora, Black Bear, Branwen, Coran, Dynaheir, Ferthgil, Keiria, Skeezer, Jet'laya, Minsc, Viconia, and Xzar. 1/2 of Bjornin, Conchobhair, Faldorn, Indira, Mulgore, Thorfinn, Will Scarlett O'Hara, and Xavia.

Trust Broken Forever (0): Everything is awesome! Everything is cool when you're part of a team!

Remaining Friends (eh?): Everything is awesome! Everything is cool when you're part of a team!

Edited by Usurper, 26 May 2014 - 09:50 PM.

#1254 hook71

hook71
  • 280 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 11:06 AM

I'm voting for Ending E: Golden Company assault.

#1255 Huzzahfortimelines

Huzzahfortimelines
  • 15 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 01:51 PM

As much as I like Viconia, I'm going with Ending E. To me this seems like the "Golden Company Continuation" route, and I would very much like to see Shyvistar standing not just with companions, but an army. A nation perhaps.

#1256 Almateria

Almateria

most garbage person

• Modder
  • 969 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 01:58 PM

Voting C, taking advantage of two accounts

#1257 Justify

Justify
  • 28 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 05:34 PM

Ending A: Ultimate Betrayal I can see it working well with the BG2 plot.

And props for managing Ending E, that must have been soul-crushingly tedious, but was so fun to watch.

#1258 Usurper

Usurper
  • 1115 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 09:10 PM

In the main thread, one commenter named Tunicate made this post:
Man, now I kinda want to see a dragonbreak-type ending.

For those who are not familiar with what he said, the idea of a Dragonbreak comes from the Elder Scrolls.

And I see nothing more wild magey or Ironman than all endings being true. So that's now option F.

Ending F: Dragonbreak. All endings are true, as the Weave broke Syvishtar into 6 fragments, each one taking a different path through a possible future. This means that the time Syvishtar died is also true. Because 1/6th of Syvishtar died, he will lose 1/6th of his current xp and total hit points as soon as the battle is over. Also the same will apply to any NPCs. They will get xp and total hp penalties based on their ratios of permanent death to life in all endings.

Syvishtar will learn the following lessons from his experience:
  • The plebs will never understand what it means to be Bhaalspawn. Keep it a secret, but embrace it.
  • Maybe Sarevok had some good ideas.
  • If you go alone, go bunnies or demons or go home. Perhaps bunnies are a type of demon?
  • Follow the Weave more closely in all things
  • Jaheira, Khalid, Mur'Neth, Rose, Bub Snikt, Quayle, and Garrick are of questionable chutzpah but could have another chance, maybe.
  • Bribery is the grease that makes Toril go 'round

Ending Dead (8 1/2): 1/6th of Edwin, Safana, and Squirrel. 1/3rd of Alora, Black Bear, Branwen, Coran, Dynaheir, Ferthgil, Keiria, Skeezer, Jet'laya, Minsc, Viconia, and Xzar. 1/2 of Bjornin, Conchobhair, Faldorn, Indira, Mulgore, Thorfinn, Will Scarlett O'Hara, and Xavia.

Remaining Friends (eh?): Everything is awesome! Everything is cool when you're part of a team!
IF YOU WANT TO CHANGE YOUR VOTE EDIT YOUR POST. I'll put this in the original thread too.

Edited by Usurper, 26 May 2014 - 09:50 PM.

#1259 -serialk-

-serialk-

Posted 27 May 2014 - 09:07 AM

Oh. My. Lord. Of Murder.

This voice here supports D. 

[It´s the first and maybe last time I will vote, I will read this as long as it will last but I honestly couldn´t  choose, even the bunny business now makes so much sense, but I really feel that this time one ought to vote so I just picked up a random number from random.org.]

SerialK

#1260 Lurker of the north

Lurker of the north

Permanently temporary

• 97 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 11:45 AM

So... i really liked the last one, reminds me of back when i actually played the game, but... still voting bunnygeddon.

LotN