Photo

Syvishtar's Journal

• Please log in to reply
1504 replies to this topic

#1401 Usurper

Usurper
  • 1115 posts

Posted 28 June 2015 - 08:43 AM

There's just gold in the room. No weapons.

BWP20150622021156.jpg

We rest in the little girl's room, come back, get all hopped up on potions and elixirs, and prepare to storm the stairs!

BWP20150622021838.jpg

We are hit with a hail of ice arrows.

BWP20150622024558.jpg

Imoen throws up some summons, and we beat a hasty retreat. But many of the elven ghosts run down the stairs after us!

BWP20150622024639.jpg

Accalia calls down False Dawn, but it doesn't seem to have any effect!

BWP20150622024755.jpg

Some more monsters show up in the fight downstairs, but I'm not sure who summoned them. They seem to fight for us, though?

BWP20150622025014.jpg

I try to slow our enemies down. I think it works? Or is it just me?

BWP20150622025305.jpg

Eventually some ogre berserkers, a hasted Gauth, a werewolf Imoen (via cloak of the wolf), and Accalia and Hrothgar take all the elves out.

BWP20150622025542.jpg

That was amazing! We rush back upstairs and make short work of the rest.

BWP20150622025709.jpg

Speed is essential! We charge up to the next level!

BWP20150622025758.jpg

During the fight, Accalia drops her sling and begins to dual-wield in a mad frenzy. Imoen exhausts her werewolf form, and by the time all the ghosts are dead, we are all exhausted.

BWP20150622030441.jpg

We sleep and come back. Learning our lesson from last time, a Hasted, Stoneskinned, Mirror Imaged, Werwolf Imoen is ready to eviscerate some fools.

BWP20150622031653.jpg

But there aren't any more elven warriors left, just spiders.

BWP20150622031831.jpg

There's nothing here at the top of the tower but some gold and a book.

BWP20150622032039.jpg

... The riders are educated in the ways of grooming and caring for its mount, how to work effectively with his hippogriff and also in the ways of aerial and ground combat.

As a unit, they have proven excellent aerial support in our ground battles and are a proud symbol of the Seldarine.

So, these must be abandoned hippogriff stalls. So sad.

BWP20150622032305.jpg

Since our blitzkreig is over, we go downstairs to loot again. We find some really sweet arrows.

BWP20150622032422.jpg

We also find a really sweet barrel of water!

BWP20150622032600.jpg

And I notice on the way down that there is a passage going out of the tower's side.

BWP20150622032641.jpg

Hmmm, where does this lead? Oh, to a windy and epic bridge!

BWP20150622032750.jpg

Hrothgar tries to use his Helm of Brilliance's Prismatic Spray ability. It doesn't get through anybody's magic resistance, but it does look awfully pretty!

BWP20150622032914.jpg

Imoen summons some ogre berserkers, Accalia summons some bears, and then Imoen hastes everyone again.

BWP20150622033137.jpg

The skirmish is soon over.

BWP20150622033418.jpg

The Monk is always out to keep a wild mage down. But the Weave, she speaks to me. Together we work our collective will on this brittle, cracking world.
Playing the Big World Project Let's Play both here and on the Something Awful forums.

#1402 Usurper

Usurper
  • 1115 posts

I think this might be all of the elven warriors, so I go down to ask.

BWP20150622033612.jpg

kaylessa.jpg I thank you for helping me with one of my last tasks in this realm. Before I give you your reward, I would have you help me one last time. With my soldiers at rest, there is only one thing left for me to do - to join them. I would ask for the honor of dying in battle.

Whaaaaat?! Is everyone in this stupid place insane?

Fine.

Imoen does the summon-monsters-and-haste-them trick again. I help.

BWP20150622033855.jpg

It is a perfunctory, un-epic fight.

BWP20150622033951.jpg

She is carrying the piece of broken machinery, just like she said.

BWP20150622034100.jpg

But she is also carrying The Cittern of War,

The-Cittern-of-War.jpg

Boots of the Fox,

BWP20150622034218.jpg

and Hell's Bane.

Hells-Bane.jpg

That's going to come in handy some day. I think we should NOT get rid of this sword.

I use the boots myself, and put the sword and the cittern in the bag of holding.

And you know what? I think that bridge way up there at the top of this tower is a shortcut to Larrel. Let's go find out.

BWP20150622034537.jpg

There is no one to kill us when we get to the other side of the bridge!

BWP20150622034608.jpg

Oh, no, wait. Spoke too soon.

BWP20150622034646.jpg

The fight is tough, but doable. When it's over, I decide that if I've fought for this place, then I might as well loot it.

BWP20150622035330.jpg

A few more pesky mages show up.

BWP20150622035456.jpg

One of the rooms has a diary still in it.

BWP20150622035656.jpg

...found the weapons in the horde's possession, father has been completely irrational. Any discussions had with our former friends ended in bitter accusations and resentment. He adamantly believes that the dwarves betrayed us and listens to nothing they have to say in their defense.

Am I the only one who sees that both sides are going to die horribly if this continues? Father does not see reason in putting aside hostilities with the dwarves so that we may unite against our common enemy. I spoke to him of going to Dorn's Deep to approach our old friends. He lashed out at me in anger and sent me out of the astrolabe.

I now make preparations to leave home and ride to Dorn's Deep myself. I know in my heart what must be done, and this is the only way. Perhaps I have more of my father's stubbornness than I thought.

I guess she wasn't successful. Too bad. She seemed like a level-headed girl.

I notice that there's actually no way down from here, so the bridge is the only way to get to this part of the fortress. Good. That means I didn't skip anything. With a satisfied heart, I walk up the staircase.

BWP20150622040206.jpg

Once again I am struck dumb. It is wonderful how beautiful this place is, even in its ruin. What a library!

BWP20150622040358.jpg

There is also a ghostly librarian. Of course there is, the Mythal ghosted everybody. I speak to him, as he isn't trying to kill me.

BWP20150622040721.jpg

BWP20150622040807.jpg

BRKVQ.jpg I'd like to read "Mythal Theory."

custhantos.jpg May you learn everything it has to offer. Was there another book you wanted to examine?

In short, I ask for all of them, and pack them away for later. I miss Finch's book collection.

When I ask for The Ecology of the Unicorn, Custhantos has a comment.

BWP20150622041403.jpg

He also mentions the rude elf when I ask for his last copy of Elameth's Compendium. He doesn't mention anything about any of the other books.

After exhausting his book collection, we continue up. Up to the astrolabe.

The Monk is always out to keep a wild mage down. But the Weave, she speaks to me. Together we work our collective will on this brittle, cracking world.
Playing the Big World Project Let's Play both here and on the Something Awful forums.

#1403 Usurper

Usurper
  • 1115 posts

OH MY WEAVE IT'S EVERYTHING I IMAGINED AND MORE!

BWP20150622041756.jpg

I feel smarter, more skilled, just from looking at it. I feel like magic will come smoother to me forevermore, just because I stood in this room once. I feel as though the Weave is whispering sweet nothings into my ear at this very moment!

BWP20150622042137.jpg

BWP20150622042201.jpg

BWP20150622042226.jpg

BWP20150622042311.jpg

Gameplay note: Oh yes. Oh god. Oh jeebus. My first level 6 spells (that I can cast on purpose). This is going to make life muuuch easier.

I will choose Meece's Wildarmor, the Death spell, and Disintegrate. Oh yes. Oh yes I will!

Then, I decide to address Larrel.

BWP20150622042533.jpg

But all he does is repeat those words, again and again. I can't get through to him. Hopefully Geralith will be more helpful.

BWP20150622042739.jpg

geralith.jpg GAHHH! You waste my time with pointless chatter. My name is Geralith. During the days when I was alive, I built and maintained this hunk of junk that used to be an astrolabe.

BRKVQ.jpg You built the astrolabe?

geralith.jpg That I did. Larrel charged me with designing and building this machine. A device was needed by the wizards to help research the stars and the moons. Now it's only good for collecting dust.

BRKVQ.jpg Perhaps Larrel has some insight?

geralith.jpg Have you spoken to him? All he does is rant about worthless dribble. I can't make any sense out of him. Quite different from the noble elven wizard he once was.

BRKVQ.jpg How did you end up here when the Hand fell?

geralith.jpg The last thing I remembered while defending the Hand was an arrow piercing my back. When I awoke, I found myself in this ghastly form. Now I spend my days trying to figure a way to fix this blasted machine.

BRKVQ.jpg Kaylessa bestowed me with this piece of machinery. Perhaps this is what you seek?

geralith.jpg Let me see...

geralith.jpg Well send me to the abyss. You might be right. If you find any more pieces, let me know. Otherwise, check back with me after I've put the part in.

BRKVQ.jpg This piece of machinery was retrieved from Solonor Tower. Could you use this to fix the machine?

He says the same thing again.

BRKVQ.jpg I'll check back with you after you've put it together. Farewell.

It seems as though he got two parts from us, but those didn't completely fix the astrolabe. Is there another part we're missing?

There's only one more place to check - the 1 o'clock staircase.

BWP20150622050519.jpg

Up the staircase we find... a lot of enemies.

BWP20150622051001.jpg

It is some sort of briefing room, and there were a lot of elven ghosts getting briefings in it.

BWP20150622052103.jpg

It includes another protection from undead scroll. Another good idea. But other than that, nothing. So we go up to the next level.

Great. It looks like we are being subjected to the attack that the orcs originally had to weather.

BWP20150622052315.jpg

We decide to sleep and find a new way to go about this. So in the morning, we get a fresh perspective.

BWP20150622052619.jpg

We slaughter our way through what turns out to be a strategic planning room.

BWP20150622053016.jpg

The next room seems to be a trap for the overly-ambitious.

BWP20150623012615.jpg

The next higher level of this tower is filled with nothing but potions and dead bodies.

BWP20150623012902.jpg

Yet another time I see a sight within this Hand of the Seldarine that takes my breath away. The tip of this tower, presumably near the tip of the finger in architecture, is also stunningly beautiful.

BWP20150623012951.jpg

There's something about this area that signals both beauty and peace.

BWP20150623013224.jpg

Of course there's a friendly ghost here.

#1404 Usurper

Usurper
  • 1115 posts

Posted 28 June 2015 - 08:44 AM

I approach him and begin to speak.

BWP20150623013257.jpg

valestis.jpg I stand here and watch, hoping for the day that the plants will grow back. During the years of peace at the Hand, I cared for the arboretum. It was a place of indescribable beauty. Now it lies in ruin, but I am patient. The day will come when life will grow here again.

BRKVQ.jpg How did it end up in such ruin?

valestis.jpg The serene peace we had known for many years was ultimately shattered by war. When the dark horde came, we found ourselves upon the losing side.

BRKVQ.jpg What happened next?

valestis.jpg While I appreciate what we fought for and the sacrifices that were made, I am not a man of war. During the last days of the fall, I remained here and watched over the arboretum, the last chamber in Seldarine's hand that contained any sort of peace.

valestis.jpg It was at this time that the Seldarine's hand was blanketed with the spell that doomed us all. As my life was drained from me, so was all the beauty within the arboretum. I watched in horror as every plant and creature died before my eyes.

valestis.jpg So here is where I stand and watch. Waiting for the day when life will begin anew within these halls.

BRKVQ.jpg That is a sad tale, Valestis. Is there any way we could help you?

valestis.jpg Perhaps you can. If in your travels you were to acquire seeds that can flourish in the harshest of places, or perhaps come across a sample of pure water, or even any small animals seeking a new home, I would be able to return some beauty to this place. Such things no longer exist here in the Hand and can only be found in the rarest of places in the North.

Did he say... did he say small animals looking for a home? I think he said that. I think he really, truly did. Well, my ghostly apparition, THIS IS YOUR LUCKY DAY!

BRKVQ.jpg These squirrels look like they need a bigger place to live in.

valestis.jpg The arboretum will serve as a pleasant home for them. Thank you. Go in peace, my friends.

I reluctantly hand over my crate of squirrels. Maybe I should try for another familiar?

BRKVQ.jpg I found some seeds that you might be able to use.

valestis.jpg You have found some seeds! With these, I can return some beauty to this place. I had almost given up on ever seeing life here. I thank you.

BRKVQ.jpg This water might be pure enough for your needs.

valestis.jpg This water will do nicely! With this, water will once again flow in the arboretum. Your actions have brought beauty here once again. Peace be with you.

BRKVQ.jpg Think nothing of it.

Gameplay note: we get experience each time we hand over something to this guy. Around 4,000. Good times!

I am really happy to see the quick results that this ghost can get just with these scant supplies.

BWP20150623014821.jpg

I guess, since there's nothing above the arboretum here in this tower, our only option left is to see if these other machinery pieces that we found will fix the astrolabe.

It is a long trip down, and then up. We pass Ghost Girl's Inn on our way, and I decide to rest for a bit.

BWP20150623015430.jpg

Injbg.jpg

While resting, I decide to check out the Mythal Theory book. I find this high-level magic to be absolutely fascinating.

BWP20150623015613.jpg

... the energy of sunlight. Given the ties to life and Faerun, mythals can hardly be common wizardry, no matter what may have been said in the past. The mythals and their magic are tied directly to the Weave, the source of all Torillian magic...

Wow, so they touch the Weave directly! That means that this area, the Hand of the Seldarine, touches the Weave directly! Man... can I come back here 200 years in the future and move in? I'd love to make this my home.

In the morning, after sleeping, we eagerly make our way back to the wonderful, the amazing, the superlative Astrolabe.

BWP20150623020107.jpg

geralith.jpg Well send me to the abyss. You might be right. If you find any more pieces, let me know. Otherwise, check back with me after I've put the part in.

Hmmm, are we missing a piece still? I've given him 3. Are there others around?

Gameplay note: Thus began an extensive search throughout... the Internet. No way am I going to check every single bit of the Severed Hand again.

As I leave to go look for more Astrolabe parts, I notice something that I haven't before. There's a hole in the floor of this level!

BWP20150623021045.jpg

That opens into the nothingness that was destroyed below! Hmmm, creepy. That means this level, the library, and the Astrolabe are simply suspended in midair. Awesome!!

After extensive searching, I realize that there is a place in the Hand that we missed. On the third level, one level below the hub and the Ghost Girl Inn, there is an elevator built into the floor.

BWP20150623021441.jpg

We use this to go down into the east side of the lower levels, where we had been cut off from accessing during our first entrance into the Hand.

BWP20150623021610.jpg

It is a hard-won fight, but we prevail as we have done before. In the wreckage we find a lone book.

BWP20150623235009.jpg

It is ANOTHER TOME OF CLEAR THOUGHT!

BWP20150623235118.jpg

I just... I know what I must do.

#1405 Usurper

Usurper
  • 1115 posts

Posted 28 June 2015 - 08:44 AM

There are still a few things about the universe that I just feel I cannot understand. A few wrinkles in the weave that I do not instantly grasp.

BWP20150623235145.jpg

I must know more.

BWP20150623235255.jpg

Ahh. I understand now. My hand is nothing more than the projection of light upon a 2D surface. It has the illusion of three-dimensionality and yet is lacking in certain key aspects.

BWP20150623235405.jpg

Gameplay note: Syvishtar is not at maximum intelligence possible. This is scary. It also gives him one extra level 4 and 5 spell.

Yes. I understand now. I understand it all. I understand what we are truly doing here. And I understand the true will of the Weave.

Time to fix the Astrolabe.

BWP20150623235652.jpg

I switch cloaks with Imoen. I'm a better werewolf.

BWP20150624000136.jpg

We find the last piece of broken machinery in a pile of junk in the corner.

BWP20150624000919.jpg

After a whole lot of backtracking, we finally make it back to the astrolabe.

BWP20150624001853.jpg

Not entirely true, but eh?

So I do.

BWP20150624003235.jpg

Gameplay note: There's some screen shake, and we load a new area.

BWP20150624003319.jpg

geralith.jpg What more can I tell you my friend? She is but a machine built ot aid the research of Larel an dhis wizards, to enable them to study and unlock the wonders of the skies.

BRKVQ.jpg Kaylessa told me Larrel and his wizards were using the astrolabe to study space and time. Is this true?

geralith.jpg That is what I built her for, and Larrel seemed well pleased with her performance, but I have no idea what he discovered during his research. You would need to speak with Larrel himself. Now if that is all, I must tend my machine.

BRKVQ.jpg Thank you Geralith, I will. Farewell.

geralith.jpg Yes... yes, you go and speak with Larrel, I have much to do now that has been neglected since she lay idle... yes, there is much to do.

Hrothgar.jpeg I would have needed to be blind not to see the hope that sprang into your eyes when Kaylessa mentioned the purpose of Larrel's astrolabe, and I saw the same look as you spoke to Geralith. All I am asking is that when you speak to Larrel, please remember the reason that I brought us here Syvishtar... to save Kuldahar and of your promise to help.

BRKVQ.jpg I am ont about to dismiss another chance to go home Hrothgar, but you need not worry, I will speak to Larrel about the heartstone gem.

Hrothgar.jpeg Then all I ask is that you take time to consider your decision after he has spoken of the heartstone gem.

BRKVQ.jpg I promise you, I will not make any hasty decisions until I have heard Larrel out.

Hrothgar.jpeg A fair enough answer, my friend. Now, without further delay, let us speak with Larrel.

Ok old man geez.

#1406 Usurper

Usurper
  • 1115 posts

Posted 28 June 2015 - 08:45 AM

BWP20150624004109.jpg

BRKVQ.jpg We are adventurers who have come to the Severed Hand to seek your knowledge and power. In doing so, we learned of the curse bestowed here and your sanity lost centuries ago. We have restored you to some of your former self and beseech you for aid.

larrel.jpg Indeed you have, noble adventurers. It must have taken great courage and strength to make it as far as you did, let alone restore some balance to my thoughts. I am eternally in your debt. But surely you did not come to the Hand of the Seldarine on a whim? Tell me what it is you seek.

BRKVQ.jpg I wish to know more of the events that came to pass here in the Hand.

larrel.jpg You wish to learn what came to pass within the Hand of the Seldarine? Very well. There is much to tell. Shall I start with the time of prosperity, the betrayal, or our darkest hour?

BRKVQ.jpg I would hear of the time of prosperity.

larrel.jpg In light of the greater threat of the orcish and goblin hordes of the North, we elves allied ourselves with the dwarves. The alliance was a desperate one, but it was either that or fall to the dark hordes.

larrel.jpg As both races prospered from our mutual cooperation, we furthered our bonds by creating powerful artifacts and weapons. Delicate dwarven craftsmanship combined with ancient elven magic yielded items of great power and unsurpassed beauty.

larrel.jpg With the unity of our two races wielding the magical benefits of our labor, the hordes were easily kept in check. Our cooperation continued, and we prospered in harmony for many decades... until the betrayal.

BRKVQ.jpg Tell us of the betrayal.

larrel.jpg You will need to be patient, as this is a bitter subject for me. A great debate ensued with our dwarven allies regarding the magic items created by our union.

larrel.jpg It seems the greed inherent in all dwarves could not be contained. They wanted to begin selling our magic items to the other settlements in the North.

larrel.jpg Preposterous, I told them! To allow others acces to these artifacts, all for the sake of profit? I was appalled but not surprised. Dwarves cannot resist their selfish nature for long.

larrel.jpg My people and I were adamant that the humans were not to have any access to any magical artifacts. After many months of debate, the dwarves conceded, and we thought the issue done.

larrel.jpg Then, a day came that marked the fate of both races. Our forces encountered what we thought another typical group of the orc and goblin hordes. What should have been an easy battle turned out to be hard-fought victory - for they were using artifacts and weapons created by the alliance.

larrel.jpg Furious, we questioned the dwarves about this. no elf would ever give our greatest treasures to a hated enemy. The dwarves, of course, denied our accusations. In honor of our alliance through the decades, we extendd our trust further and tried to come to some solution.

larrel.jpg We were fools to believe we could co-exist with these rock eaters. Any and all discussions just turned into open argument and further accusations. Did the dwarves think we'd be stupid enough to assume that the artifacts just magically appeared in the Horde's camps?

larrel.jpg As to be expected, open conflict broke up. The decades of friendship and prosperity ended that day. The alliance was no more. On that day, the elves of the Hand of the Seldarine were alone against the dwarves and the goblinoid hordes.

BRKVQ.jpg I'd like to hear the other aspects of what came to be.

BRKVQ.jpg I would hear of the time of darkness.

larrel.jpg Centuries ago, the Hand of the Seldarine waged war with the dark hordes encroaching on the North. This war waged for decades ad towards the end, we found ourselves in a losing position.

larrel.jpg The tide of war was against us. Our forces were diminishing slowly but surely after every conflict. We were isolated from the rest of the elves south of us. With no support from our bothers and sisters and impending doom at our doorstep, I became desperate.

larrel.jpg I concocted a plan to protect my people and by us some time. Ancient elven magic speaks of a spell used in days of old, named the Mythal. This Mythal embodies the land with a living and protective life force personifying all that is elven.

larrel.jpg The living force can also be given abilities of a protective nature. Powers that would have kept the dark hordes away from the Hand of the Seldarine and its surrounding lands. A chance to buy my people time and to marshal reinforcements from our southern brothers and sisters.

larrel.jpg Some say believing we had the power to bestow such magic was arrogance. Others would say using the Mythal in such a way was blasphemous. I stand by my decision. I did what I had to do to save my people. We began the preparations to lay a Mythal.

larrel.jpg In the weeks that came to pass, we fortified what remained of our forces within the Hand. My wizards and I locked ourselves within this tower and began the arduous process of laying a Mythal.

larrel.jpg Within this time, the orcs and goblins sensed our weakened state and moved in for the kill. The largest orce we had ever seen besieged the Hand and the Mythal was not near completion. We knew this was our last stand, and my people knew they *had* to buy time.

larrel.jpg For a week, we held the horde back. Entrenched in our home, my people fought and the horde paid dearly for every room of the Hand they took. For every elf that fel, the horde paid tenfold. For all the sacrifices my people made, the last line was breached in a week's time.

larrel.jpg As the horde began ascending the towers and the last of the defenders fell, I realized my people's sacrifice was not made in vain. We completed the last incantations for the Mythal. The spell was cast and a shroud of pure light and energy engulfed the Hand.

larrel.jpg As I watched what I thought was our salvation enter evey crevice of the Hand, I became horrified. Something had gone terribly wrong! The force that was supposed to bring life to the land began to twist and corrupt it. It was draining everything and everyone within the Hand... of its soul.

larrel.jpg I watched as every living thing within the Hand of the Seldarine had its life drained to the brink of death, driving them mad. Those who died in the battle began to rise as hideous undead.

larrel.jpg It was at this point where I realized I wasn't the only one watching the rampant destruction of the Hand and all within. Standing before me was Labelas Enoreth, the elven god of longevity and time.

larrel.jpg He was angry with me. Angry as he saw the most ancient of elven magic used with carelessness. Angry as he watched the lives and the land of his people being unnaturally twisted. Angry that my pride and arrogance led to the breakdown of the union between the elves and the dwarves.

larrel.jpg I was transformed into a Baelnorn. My punishment was to watch over the ruins of the Hand of the Seldarine and its people. Cursed forever - until the Astrolabe was restored by putting my people to proper rest.

BRKVQ.jpg If the Astrolabe has been restored, why do you still remain?

larrel.jpg As simple as that question is, I do not have an answer. Perhaps there are other elves here that need my help to return to Arvandor. Maybe there is something else I need to resolve in order to complete my punishment.

BRKVQ.jpg Larrel, we found this diary belonging to your daughter.

larrel.jpg My beloved daughter... I see you were thorough in your search of the Hand. The last entries describe her resolve to find a way to reforge the union with those accursed dwarves. I never saw her again...

BRKVQ.jpg You never saw her again? What became of her?

larrel.jpg FOOLS! Can you not discern it with your own mind?! Those dwarves committed the worst atrocity knowing its impact on m! They murdered my daughter! For that I will NEVER forgive them. For the punishment I suffered for my arrogance and pride, Labelas be damned if he thinks I will forgive them for what they did! I would stay in this cursed form, never to see Arvandor, if it meant I could make the dwarves pay for their crime. LEAVE NOW! I WILL NOT SPEAK OF THIS ANYMORE!

I do leave for a while, giving him some time to calm down. But eventually, I go back. I have to ask him about the Heartstone Gem, after all.

BWP20150624010957.jpg

larrel.jpg Very well. As legend states, the Heartstone Gem is an ancient artifact from atime long forgotten. Its most notable owners were the druids of Kuldahar before one within their circle stole the gem. It was thought forever lost, until now...

larrel.jpg The Heartstone Gem contains powerful scrying abilities that can divine the affairs of people throughout the Realms. There are only a few within the land who know how to release its powers. I am one of them.

larrel.jpg With that said, what is it you seek to learn from the Heartstone Gem?

BRKVQ.jpg We seek to learn the source of the evil that troubles the North.

larrel.jpg Then you will have what you seek. Hand me the Heartstone Gem.

BRKVQ.jpg Here you are.

BWP20150624011318.jpg

With that information gleaned, there's no more real reason to stay here in the Hand of the Seldarine.

#1407 Usurper

Usurper
  • 1115 posts

Posted 28 June 2015 - 08:48 AM

So I talk to Larrel one more time.

BWP20150624011644.jpg

larrel.jpg I can if that is your wish adventurer, and... is it also your wish that you travel now?

Hrothgar.jpeg If you think to return to Kuldahar and take the portal in Arundel's house, I would strongly advise against it Syvishtar. Time has shifted since it opened and here can be no guarantee that this shift has not affected where the portal now exits. That is, presuming the portal is still open.

BRKVQ.jpg I fail to see how this shift in time makes the portal any less of a gamble than it did when first it opened.

Hrothgar.jpeg The portal was opened as a way to the future, or so you hoped, and if this was its purpose then it would have opened at the most fortuitous time to ensure that. Now, however, time has shifted, days have passed, and so has time for the portal.

Hrothgar.jpeg We do not know how time behaves in these portals, all we know is that it also shifts. What was the best possible time to enter the portal at Kuldahar has passed, and with it the chance of a safe exit.

BRKVQ.jpg When did you suddenly acquire all this knowledge of portals?

Hrothgar.jpeg I recall saying that I had heard of wizards using such devices and I myself wondered at the genius it took to make such portals, Syvishtar. You forget, I have travelled far as an adventurer and learnt much. I am fortunate that my mind is such, that it retains all that it learns.

Hrothgar.jpeg Trust my words or not, but if you are deterined to leave this place then it would be safer and a far less waste of your time if you were to ask Larrel about his astrolabe.

BRKVQ.jpg I suppose it does make sense to see if the astrolabe can get me home before making the trip to Kuldahar. I will speak with Larrel.

Gameplay note: Hrothgar sounds like a very insistent GM, one who has VERY SPECIFIC ideas about how the next few encounters will play out...

BWP20150624014638.jpg

larrel.jpg My research... it was not mine alone, for there were a number of us engaged in our studies of the skies and its stars. What is it you wish to know?

BRKVQ.jpg Did your research uncover the possibility of travel through time, Larrel? Say, to the future?

larrel.jpg What a wonderful notion, adventurer! Of course, I have no idea! Speak with Geralith, it was he who buit it and he would be the one to know.

BRKVQ.jpg Geralith told me that he built it in order to aid you in your research, but he has no idea if it is capable of anything more.

Hrothgar.jpeg Perhaps with the knowledge that Larrel's research has uncovered, and with Geralith's knowledge of his machine, it can be modified and used as a time travel machine.

BRKVQ.jpg What do you say, Larrel? Can this be done?

larrel.jpg Let me confer with Geralith. We will put our heads together and see what we come up with. But first tell me, why should I want to make such a machine? Neither the past nor the future is of interest to me anymore.

BRKVQ.jpg As fantastic as it may sound to you, I was transported to this time when I entered a portal which was situated 100 years from now, in the future. And now, I am looking for a means to return.

larrel.jpg Fascinating... fascinating I must say! There was a time when I would have been intrigued by your story, but as I have said, I am no longer concerned with what has gone or what is yet to come. I will speak with Geralith and see what needs to be done if we are to get you home.

Geralith and Larrel get together to talk about the machine. But then Hrothgar walks over behind them too.

BWP20150624015305.jpg

Then he walks away to the other side of the room, behind Imoen.

BWP20150624015401.jpg

Hrothgar.jpeg (*He continues to peer closer at the machine, but without touching it further. Then, amid the chatter of the group, he walks back and stands quietly.*)

Imoen-bg2.jpeg I hope this works, Syvishtar. I really want out of here.

I can think so much more quickly now. I do some quick calculations, and remember a few obscure things that I had forgotten before. And after some time, Larrel meanders back over to me and gives me some good news.

BWP20150624015528.jpg

larrel.jpg ... she has changed. I cannot put my finger on how, but she is like a caterpillar that has slept as a chrysalis and emerged as a butterfly. I can only think that reassembling her has brought her to her full potential. And yes, I believe she is capable of almost anything you ask of her now.

Good. All according to plan.

#1408 Usurper

Usurper
  • 1115 posts

Posted 28 June 2015 - 08:49 AM

BRKVQ.jpg Larrel, can you send us to Kuldahar?

Hrothgar.jpeg I am disappointed to say the least, Syvishtar. I had hoped that given the choice you would remember your promise to aid me in uncovering and defeating this evil that threatens my time and its people?

Hrothgar.jpeg You gave me hope that together we could best our enemy and bring a future to my people. Was I so wrong when I took you to be an honorable and stalwart ally?

Gameplay note: This time the dialog options do not let you make a choice. There's just 3 ways of saying "Screw you Hrothgar I'm outta here." So I choose the funniest one.

BRKVQ.jpg I am sorry Hrothgar, but no matter how many times you might say "if one portal closes another will open," I cannot believe that there will be that many portals.

Hrothgar.jpeg Then the responsibility for what ensues from your actions here will be yours to live with, Syvishtar.

Hrothgar.jpeg Many will suffer as a result of you choosing to abandon them to the whims of evil... well, I will not leave them without hope.

XhduJ.jpg Nor shall I... I will go to Dorn's Deep with Hrothgar. As for you, Syvishtar, to give your word and then to go back on it is not the actions of an honorable person. Without your aid, the enemy has won... well so be it. But know that Hrothgar will not stand alone.

XhduJ.jpg Those he trusted and relied upon may desert him and run cowardly to the safety of their own time, but Accalia the battle priest of Tempus will stand beside him, and Tempus will either guide us to victory or take our souls unto his keeping, should we fall. Please, be gone and let us be on our way.

Imoen-bg2.jpeg Now hold on one darn minute Accalia! Who are you calling coward? You know nothing of our lives before we were thrown here... nothing... do you hear me, nothing?

Imoen-bg2.jpeg So before you begin to judge who is and who is not a coward, ask yourself, is there really any point to us staying here? Will our aid make a difference, or are we wasting time trying to believe that it will?

XhduJ.jpg I will hear no more! Because of your refusal to help, the blood of the innocent will surely stain your hands as though you had slaughtered them yourself. Whereas if it is Tempus's will that I fall fighting for the innocent, my conscience and my god will grant me peace. Will your, Syvishtar?

I don't know, will he? I guess my god is Lathander. I mean, that's who Gorion always made me pray to, but he's not as into battle as Tempus...

Hrothgar.jpeg Accalia please, your words sadden me more than Syvishtar's refusal to aid me further. If it is not the will of the gods that we have this group's aid when we travel to Dorn's Deep, then we must accept that is the way it has to be.

Hrothgar.jpeg Syvishtar, you have to understand, that no matter how futile the attempt, I will not give up on my people. My conscience will not allow me any other path.

BRKVQ.jpg No, I don't understand. In the future, the outcome of this battle is undecided. If you travel with me to the future, there will be no need to put yourself through this hell.

Hrothgar.jpeg If only it were that simple, then yes I would consider traveling with you. However, the future cannot ell of the past if the man has not yet performed the actions, or if the events are still to unfold.

Hrothgar.jpeg My coming to the future would cause more disruption than your coming to the past ever could, Syvishtar. No, my place is here, where I must allow these events to play out. There is no other way. Unless...

BRKVQ.jpg Unless what?

Hrothgar.jpeg I believe that these events of the past must be allowed to be played out. However, maybe... just maybe it doesn't matter when they are concluded as long as they are. If this is so and I come with you to the future, can I rely on you to return to Dorn's Deep with me and to finish that which we stated here when it becomes necessary?

BRKVQ.jpg You ask that I travel back to this time again at some future date? Your words give rise to yet more questions Hrothgar, but if you answer my questions and truthfully before the necessary time, then yes, I will aid you again.

Hrothgar.jpeg Then it is decided. I will travel with you through the future and see what there is to see.

XhduJ.jpg I cannot believe what I am hearing here! Not too long ago, we were both concerned that Syvishtar would abandon us to our fate, and now you are proposing to do so yourself? What are you thinking, Hrothgar? What of Kuldahar? What of Easthaven and its innocent people?

XhduJ.jpg I thought you an honorable man, and when you spoke of fighting side by side to the end in defense against evil, I felt proud and privileged to die for such a cause. How could I have been so wrong about you?

Hrothgar.jpeg Accalia, you have not misjudged me. There are things that you do not know, things I cannot speak of. You have trusted me so far and not asked questions, so please trust me when I say that I know what I am doing and that not one innocent person will suffer through my actions.

Hrothgar.jpeg If I am right, then as long as I return at some time to see this through, then all will be well. But in the meantime, I know that this part of my path lies in the future. There are things I must take care of. Can you trust me in this Accalia, please?

XhduJ.jpg Yes... I believe I can... I am sorry if my words sounded harsh. Of course, I know you must have good reason to take this path. However, I cannot travel with you, Hrothgar. There is much for me to do here. Perhaps we will meet again when you return. Farewell my friend. May Tempus watch over you and your people until then.

Imoen-bg2.jpeg I guess they have said it all for me, Accalia. I will miss you, and when you meet this big evil, be sure you show him a fight for me.

XhduJ.jpg Farewell.

Hrothgar.jpeg Farewell, Accalia, and may Tempus watch over and keep safe the bravest of his servants.

Hrothgar.jpeg So, Syvishtar. Let's go to Kuldahar.

Accalia leaves by the stairs, and Larrel teleports us all to Kuldahar.

BWP20150624022210.jpg

Imoen-bg2.jpeg Aww, quit worrying Hrothgar! Syvishtar has never made a wrong decision yet. Have you Syvishtar?

I do a few theoretical models in my head.

BRKVQ.jpg No. And that's why this is the right one too.

Imoen-bg2.jpeg So... what are we waiting for? Let's get out of here!

Hrothgar.jpeg It will be strange walking into Arundel's house and not have him greet me. He has overlooked Kuldahar for as long as I have known him. Still, all things change, and we must learn to accept that which we cannot control. Come, let us see if your portal still stands, Syvishtar.

Hold your horses buddy, I got wizarding things to take care of first.

#1409 Usurper

Usurper
  • 1115 posts

Posted 28 June 2015 - 08:49 AM

Wizarding things with my fellow wizard.

BWP20150624022553.jpg

BWP20150624022624.jpg

orrick.jpg Useful indeed! This book is precisely what I've been searching for all these years. You have done me great service and should be rewarded. Take this artifact as a token of my gratitude.

BRKVQ.jpg Thank you. Before I go, I would like to purchase some spells.

I purchase Death Fog, Chain Lightning, and Summon Beholder, because those are level 6 spells, and I can cast those now.

Death-Fog.jpg

Chain-Lightning.jpg

Summon-Beholder.jpg

Then just because I have the money for it, I buy Finger of Death, Mass Invisibility, Summon Djinni, and another copy of Cacofiend, just in case.

Finger-of-Death0.jpg

Mass-Invisibility1.jpg

Summon-Djinni.jpg

And, also, I take a look at the cloak that Orrick the Grey gave to me. It is amazing!

Mithrans-Cloak.jpg

I will wear this for quite a long time, I do believe.

Then we return to Arundel's hut one last time...

BWP20150624024202.jpg

to see a still-fuctioning portal, and Dar, watching over it!

BWP20150624024233.jpg

I do not approach him. The three of us step through the portal...

BWP20150624024422.jpg

Imoen-bg2.jpeg I am just glad to be out of that horrible dungeon. Anywhere is better than there, but somewhere warmer would be nice.

BRKVQ.jpg Then let us enter the portal together. It has been a strange road to our freedom, but we are all safe, and that is what matters.

BWP20150624025113.jpg

BWP20150624025139.jpg

BWP20150624025148.jpg

BWP20150624025154.jpg

BWP20150624025201.jpg

BWP20150624025216.jpg

BWP20150624025225.jpg

BWP20150624025232.jpg

BWP20150624025240.jpg

BWP20150624025258.jpg

BWP20150624025311.jpg

BWP20150624025326.jpg

BWP20150624025341.jpg

BRKVQ.jpg (*But for some reason you still feel a pressing need to see for yourself that the world outside your room hasn't changed.*)

BWP20150624025739.jpg

Nope! Nothing's changed! Still in Candlekeep, where I've lived my whole life!

Nothing strange about that!

#1410 Usurper

Usurper
  • 1115 posts

Posted 28 June 2015 - 08:50 AM

BWP20150625020343.jpg

25 Tarsakh, 1369

BWP20150625012328.jpg

Sooo, what time is it? And where is everybody? Just as I'm wondering these things, a red-robed Priest of Oghma wanders by.

BWP20150625012441.jpg

level-coordinator.jpg Tethtoril is a very busy man, and I don't keep track of his schedule. Sorry.

BRKVQ.jpg I was wondering where I could find Ulraunt?

level-coordinator.jpg You can find Ulraunt in his apartment on the sixth floor. I wouldn't bother him there though; he doesn't like unannounced intrusions.

BRKVQ.jpg Have you seen Gorion today?

level-coordinator.jpg Gorion is awaiting you on the fifth floor.

Awaiting me? Am I late for something? I absent-mindedly rifle through all the shelves and unlocked chests on this level. Nothing but 100 gold and an old necklace. Then I go upstairs.

BWP20150625013116.jpg

BWP20150625013235.jpg

Just some books, a few low-level spell scrolls...

BWP20150625013300.jpg

Wait, why am I going through other people's things? Who am I, Imoen?

Where is Imoen, anyways?

I go downstairs idly, looking for something to do. I see Gorion waiting for me at the stairs of the 5th floor. Standing next to him is...

BWP20150625013611.jpg

BWP20150625013646.jpg

Hrothgar.jpeg (*Smiling*) And I am pleased to meet you, Syvishtar. But please, the name is Hrothgar, not Sir. As for our knowing one another, it is always possible to glimpse a face at one time and not register the seeing and then to feel that we see the same face at a future time.

BRKVQ.jpg (*Returning the smile*) Then I am pleased to meet you Hrothgar.. (*The feeling of familiarity returns fleetingly as Hrothgar speaks to you.*)

Gorion.jpeg Hrothgar, now that you have made the acquaintance of Syvishtar, should we not consider setting about the task at hand?

Hrothgar.jpeg You are right, Gorion. We must recover the artifact soon, and return it to my Brethren. I already feel the adverse effects of the imbalance between future and past is having on The Realms. We must move swiftly.

Gorion.jpeg Syvishtar, we must ready ourselves for a journey. Go, gather your possessions and equip yourself for the road.

Gorion.jpeg This is very unnerving, I know, but you must trust me. It is very important that you pack your possessions so that we may leave Candlekeep immediately. Hurry, for there is no time to tarry! The keep is well protected, but not invulnerable.

Gameplay note: I get all the same conversation options that I had on the first map of the first game soooo long ago. But there is also one extra option to say...

BRKVQ.jpg Gorion, am I to know where it is that we are in so much haste to be going to? What is this artifact that you seek or even who Hrothgar's "brethren" are? Why...

Gorion.jpeg (*Interrupts you before you can finish your next question.*) This is not the time for questions, Syvishtar, they will have to wait. You must ready yourself for our journey.

BRKVQ.jpg But...

Then everything fades to black, and suddenly...

?? ???????, ????

BWP20150625014430.jpg

Hrothgar.jpeg Thank the gods, Syvishtar! Come catch your breath. When we arrived in this strange place, which has all the appearances of a dungeon of sorts, you were not with us. Now, a minute or so after us you fall out of the portal quite breathless. You had me worried for a moment or two. Can you tell me what happened to you?

BRKVQ.jpg I am not sure, Hrothgar. It... it was the strangest feeling, more like a dream than reality. I don't know... Tell me, Hrothgar, have you met Gorion before?

Hrothgar.jpeg Gorion? Hmm... I remember you told me he was your foster father, but I doubt I have ever met him before. Anyway, we should move.

BRKVQ.jpg (*Your eyes fall on Imoen.*) Imoen are you alright? You look distressed.

Imoen-bg2.jpeg We... we are back here! No... no... please no... let this be a dream! Syvishtar, please tell me that this is a dream!?

BRKVQ.jpg I wish I could give you comfort and say that this is indeed a dream, Imoen, but I would be lying. This is all too real. I can promise you that no one is going to hurt you again and that we are going to get out of here. Do you understand this?

Imoen-bg2.jpeg I am sorry, Syvishtar. A few moments ago we were celebrating our freedom, only to find ourselves trapped in this... this horrible place again! Please, please let us get moving and just get out of here, quickly.

We should probably rest first, actually.

BWPSS20120623121.jpeg

Gameplay note: Welcome back, friends and compatriots. Welcome back to the greatest CRPG experience of all time. BG1 pales in comparison to the sheer weight of awesomeness that is BG2. Plus, this may very well qualify as the most modded game of all time, with over 1000 mods, and most of them focused on this part of the game. Everything that has gone before, everything that has been recorded so far, has just been a prologue to this moment. Welcome, my voices, for we have finally, FINALLY begun...

shadows-of-amn.png

BWP20150625015239.jpg

BRKVQ.jpg I know what you mean. This place worries me too.

Imoen-bg2.jpeg Does it? Then I feel better. I figured I didn't deal with this as well as you. We're alike becuse of Gorion, but I prefer being in the background.

BRKVQ.jpg That's your preference. I prefer to lead. Speaking of which, we should get going.

Imoen-bg2.jpeg Yeah, you're right. I don't want to spend a scond more in this place than I have to. My head still hurts and I keep seeing things in corners and such.

Imoen-bg2.jpeg We won't be able to just walk away, you know. The guy that captured us.. he knows about you. He said something about potential, something about great power.

Imoen-bg2.jpeg Syvishtar, say we won't look back. I don't care if he can "tap the power" or access whatever avatar stuff. We've gotta get away from all this death.

BRKVQ.jpg If it were just me, I might be interested in what he wants, but I will not have you harmed further.

Imoen-bg2.jpeg I appreciate that, but I doubt that he meant you any good either. Didn't spare you the knives any more than me. Come on, I gotta get away from all these shadows.

#1411 Usurper

Usurper
  • 1115 posts

Posted 28 June 2015 - 08:50 AM

Gameplay note: Acutally the game brought us back on the other side of the map, all the way at the exit of this level. But that messes up so much NPC-gathering and quests and everything else here in Chateau Irenicus that I just teleported us back to the portal that we left from and deleted some blowhard instructions from Hrothgar about "taking the portal right away."

BWP20150625020503.jpg

So... we're back here. After what feels like a year. Memories start flooding back to me. Memories of torture both magical and mundane. Talk of untapped power. Ex-PERiments.

And also, I have memories of a lot of fellow prisoners. Like, a ton of them. Its practically a human meat locker down here. Like this lady, standing right next to us, hearing us talk with that creepy smile on her face. What is her deal, anyways? I remember that she wasn't even in a cage when we first saw her.

BWP20150625020732.jpg

Silver-Star.jpeg Hehehe, and when we are free all Mary's lambs will be ours. We will roast them all and Mary will cry and cry and cry. But... first we must find my Mommy. The Master has hidden her in a box.

BRKVQ.jpg Damnit!!!

Gameplay note: Hahaha, that isn't me, that's an actual conversatin option. Anyways, this is Silver Star. She is an assassin.

BWP20150625022503.jpg

BWP20150625022544.jpg

She seems to be a special elf. She is carrying nothing but a book.

BWP20150625022750.jpg

Gameplay note: Since there are so many NPCs down here, no way to resurrect them, and I'm not sure which you will choose anyways, lets save class customization votes for after we exit the dungeon. She can just be a normal assassin right now.

BWP20150625021056.jpg

Silver-Star.jpeg Yes, the swamps. They were a horrible place, even more horrible than the sewers of Athkatla. I was sent there for a terrible crime. In the beginning I worked in the sewers for some smugglers. I was their property, when I was done...

BRKVQ.jpg What crime have you committed?

Silver-Star.jpeg Something that even the smugglers couldn't tolerate, but it is only important to know that I was sent to the swamps, near the coast. There were snakes, giant spiders, and trolls. A fifty year old elven child could lose herself in that hell.

Silver-Star.jpeg I had lost myself more than one time there.

Silver-Star.jpeg And if you lost the way then the uncle trolls ate you, trolls had eaten lots of men larger than me. Yes they have, but I placed traps so the black men... Ahem... I meant to say the smugglers, could not escape from the trolls. Isn't it lovely?

Silver-Star.jpeg It was here that I found my Mommy. Yes, Mommy, so sharp and silent and merciless. She has cut the throats of so many men and women, and even monsters.

Silver-Star.jpeg Oh, what was I saying?

BRKVQ.jpg Something about a family reunion.

Silver-Star.jpeg Yes, so the smugglers sent me into the swamp. I had to carry packs from the ships at the coast to the country. The normal wares were moved using rafts, but the more delicate items must be carried by hand.

Silver-Star.jpeg You are probably wondering why I didn't try to escape. Truly, do you think that a little one could escape from the black men?

Silver-Star.jpeg I had tried and failed. They hit me hard and I learned not to do silly things. When I stopped doing silly things they started to teach me how to steal.

Silver-Star.jpeg One day a merchant arrived in our camp. This merchant was like one of the ogres from fairy tales...

Silver-Star.jpeg Ooh, ooh! Will you tell me a story? One about blood and undead corpses that scares you and makes shivers run down your back?

Silver-Star.jpeg Oh, I was speaking about the merchant. He wanted to sell a stolen sword before he went into the city. The guards were searching merchants more than usual at that time and he didn't want to risk capture.

Silver-Star.jpeg He said that the sword belonged to an elf woman. The woman was kidnapped along with her daughter by the merchant. The mother died, whilst the daughter was sold.

Silver-Star.jpeg He had tried to sell the sword previously, but each new owner, after a short time, returned the sword to the merchant because it wept each night. That night was no different and the sword cried...

Silver-Star.jpeg That night the sword spoke to me and revealed that it was my Mommy.

Silver-Star.jpeg The day after the merchant was found gagged and his head smashed by a stone. All of the escorts had met the same fate. The smugglers decided that it was an accident.

BRKVQ.jpg An accident?!

Silver-Star.jpeg Who can tell? There were no witnesses. An accident. Everyone chose what they wanted from the merchant's wares. Then the corpses were thrown into some quicksand.

Silver-Star.jpeg After that the smugglers started to die. Some were torn apart by trolls and they were accepted as losses, but there was something else... Maybe the restless spirit of the merchant, maybe a vengeful swamp spirit. Who knows?

Silver-Star.jpeg The smugglers died, one by one, some slowly, some quickly, always painfully. In the night you were able to hear the screams of the unfortunate victim.

Silver-Star.jpeg The day after the only thing that you were able to find was the blood on the dirt. There was no corpse.

BRKVQ.jpg Weren't you this strange apparition?

Silver-Star.jpeg Me? Mommy, we don't remember, do we? No, we weren't!

She must be talking about drow. An elven child raised by drow could possibly be this messed up. I guess we take her along. What can it hurt?

I wonder how long I was gone in this time? Maybe no time at all, here? This dog is still around.

BWP20150627210007.jpg

He doesn't seem to be any more hungry or whatever. So it hasn't been that long in dog time.

#1412 Usurper

Usurper
  • 1115 posts

Posted 28 June 2015 - 08:51 AM

Time to see what's around the corner... Jaheira?!

BWP20150627210726.jpg

I think back to what happened before Kuldahar, before Easthaven, before all the torture. I remember when I went up against Sarevok, Jaheira wasn't there. She refused to come. Deserted me. Her and her husband. I remember writing their names down in the Chapter of the Deserters.

Also, my new mind brings up a flash of memory, a barest speck of remembrance from when I was captured. There were more than five of us in that glen.

BWP20140531036.jpg

Yes. More than five. What were Khalid and Jaheira doing there, I wonder? (And who was the woman in purple?) I didn't teleport with them. How did they get there ahead of me? Wait... how did any one know to meet us there?! How did we get ambushed!?!?

TRAITOR!!!

BRKVQ.jpg I don't know why I am here. Perhaps you are to blame.

ciOMn.jpg And I do not know why I am here ether, but I won't stoop to blame you. Our history defers any suspicions, at least until we are out of immediate danger.

ciOMn.jpg Have you forgotten what we have done? Perhaps your senses are addled. I will remind you, but it will not give any new clues as to why we are here.

ciOMn.jpg Jaheira is what I am called, as you should well know. We have traveled together for some time, and the places we have gone number too many to name.

ciOMn.jpg At the behest of your slain foster father, my husband Khalid and I have kept an interest in you, though you have proven to be your own person in all things.

ciOMn.jpg We remain in your company as friends more than guardians, and our exploits together have left the land for the better.

ciOMn.jpg We have earned many enemies, but we have dispatched them all. Whoever has trapped us is certainly powerful to have done this so easily.

ciOMn.jpg Once we know, we will deal with them in due course, but for the time being it is more important we retrieve our friends and companions and leave this place.

BRKVQ.jpg Perhaps we'll find Khalid hiding under a bed along the way.

ciOMn.jpg Indeed? Well, despite your... wit, he would be a great help in our escape. Better that we make use of all our strengths, rather than pick apart our weaknesses.

BRKVQ.jpg I need neither them nor you. Your ceaseless prattle will only slow me down.

ciOMn.jpg You have changed in this place. You would abandon your friends? Whether you remember or not,we have shared the path here. Is that to be forgotten?

BRKVQ.jpg I am merely taking a new path, one that is better suited to my needs.

ciOMn.jpg I do not recall you being so cold. Perhaps I have had some memory loss myself, but this will not be forgotten. If I live, I shall see you pay.

Gameplay note: We can still pick her up if we want. No permanent harm done. We will continue with her a the exact same level as when we left her in BG1. This means she is quite low level and cannot yet cast Harper's Call. We have no resurrection in this dungeon.

BWP20140129011.jpg

Big words coming from someone in a cage. Someone who passed on the final fight against Sarevok and then mysteriously showed up hundreds of leagues south, when I was getting ambushed and brought here. Yeah. Think about it.

I think about it more while I move to the next cell, where some big, burly monster of a ... MINSC!

BWP20150627213257.jpg

2RuK7.jpg Time is short for talk that is small! Release me! I will rain beatings down upon all who have dared touch me and... and... Dynaheir! She will be avenged!

Dynaheir! She was the one in purple on the ground. That must mean Minsc was there too. So Minsc and Dynaheir, and Jaheira and Khalid were all at my ambush. What does this mean? Perhaps Dynaheir had some part in my betrayal, but I could never believe Minsc did. He's too ... straightforward... for betrayal.

BRKVQ.jpg Dynaheir? There is another trapped here?

2RuK7.jpg Trapped?! Her spirit... her spirit is trapped in a cage created by my failure. I was to guard her, but she... she...

2RuK7.jpg ...They... they killed her as I watched, you see? I know not who they were, but... but I will redeem myself!

Imoen-bg2.jpeg Minsc, that is horrible! I am so sorry for you.

2RuK7.jpg I won't cry for the dead! I won't! Ok, maybe a little, but I will staunch the flow of tears with righteous fury! Lullaby and goodnight, evil! Minsc will make you pay!

2RuK7.jpg Will you help me? We must join together once more, and our fury will be such that bards will run their quills dry! Yes, ink will be scarce where e'er we go!

BRKVQ.jpg Your being here shows you are weak. I will lave you where you are.

2RuK7.jpg You... you turn your back on those in need? You are abandoning me in my hour of shame? You... you are no better than those that killed Dynaheir!

2RuK7.jpg You are filth... that I called a friend! Do not make me add your ass to the kicking list! I would do so reluctantly, but I will do it! Choose your path now!

BRKVQ.jpg I shall try and release you, but I don't know how your cage opens.

2RuK7.jpg You lie! You freed yourself, and now you will not free me! Such villainy! Boo sees what you are doing!

2RuK7.jpg RRAAAAGHGHGH!!! I will smack your evil lips to the earth and stomp them with the boot heel of justice! I will...

2RuK7.jpg I will make sure you do not live long enough to abandon more friends! I will... I will... I will do all of this as soon as I get these bars open! RRAAAARRGH!!!

BWP20150627215820.jpg

2RuK7.jpg Ooooh, you are a smart one. I understand now! You said what you did just to get me mad! Mad enough to break free! You are as smart as Boo sometimes!

2RuK7.jpg Now we can resume our adventures together! There are friends to avenge and villains to smack about the face and neck! Right Boo?

I can't help but smile.

BRKVQ.jpg Together we shall make our enemies answer for our fallen.

2RuK7.jpg Answer they will, and my sword shall be the question! We shall have fistfuls of sweet, sweet justice, and our enemies will be stains beneath our feet!

2RuK7.jpg What... yes but... but... alright. Boo tells me that I am raving again. I did not notice a difference, but I shall heed his words nonetheless.

2RuK7.jpg Come, we must go now. Yes, Minsc and Boo and you, together again. Beware villains! I will force justice down your evil, evil throats!

BRKVQ.jpg Ahh, I see you still have that... rodent. Dare I ask how you have kept it hidden from our captors?

2RuK7.jpg Don't ask questions better left to aged sages. Boo is quick and evasive and there is ever so much of Minsc to search. There is no hope of getting us apart.

Imoen-bg2.jpeg Eww, I... really don't want to think about that too much.

2RuK7.jpg Minsc and Boo are Minsc and Boo, and we shall not be separated. Shall we go? The butts of evil await my bootprint!

BRKVQ.jpg Right you are, Minsc! Where e're evil dost lay its dirty feet we shall mop the floor with its buttocks!

2RuK7.jpg I have lost myself in your words but Boo thinks you're just ducky. Onward!

#1413 Usurper

Usurper
  • 1115 posts

Gameplay note: Minsc is the same level we saw him last in BG1, as per our continuity rules.

BWP20140128083.jpg

But there are two more people in cages in this place, on the other side of the room. I walk up to them to see what they got themselves into, and one speaks to me.

BWP20150627221254.jpg

Raziel.jpeg My name is Raziel. A few days ago, me and my companions were attacked. Though we defended bravely, we were captured and imprisoned in this place.

Raziel.jpeg My comrades are probably no longer alive, and the same fate awaits me if I am not released from this.

BRKVQ.jpg I will do everything in my power to help you. Do you know how I could get you out of this cage?

Raziel.jpeg The door certainly will open with the appropriate key, but I don't know where it might be. Perhaps you could check the nearby rooms.

Raziel.jpeg I can only hope that this sadistic made did not throw it away.

I look in my bag of holding. Did I find a key for this guy?

BWP20150627221954.jpg

Yep! I wonder how he would feel if I told him his jail cell key went on a trip about a thousand miles north and 100 years in the past, and was gone for months?

Best not to mention it.

BWP20150627222129.jpg

Gameplay note: Raziel is a swashbuckler!

BWP20150627222236.jpg

BWP20150627222309.jpg

He doesn't have any equipment, but still he looks like he's from Sigil.

BWP20150627222441.jpg

Well, lets see if we can get out of here. I go through the most obvious door. I am met with a gigantic, muscled golem.

BWP20150627222728.jpg

jailkeep-golem.jpg I am not permitted to speak with prisoners. Return to your cells. It is the master's wish.

BRKVQ.jpg Where are we and why have we been brought here?

jailkeep-golem.jpg You are his prisoners. He has brought you to his home because he owns you now. You must return to your cell. It is the master's will.

I try to think fast.

BRKVQ.jpg The master wants me to be free. He is the one who released me.

jailkeep-golem.jpg Only I release the master's prisoners. You are his and must return to the cells. It is his will.

BRKVQ.jpg I will not return to that cage! Do you think to stop me from leaving?

jailkeep-golem.jpg I am not bound to stop you. The guardian will stop you from leaving. Return to your cells. It is the master's wish.

BRKVQ.jpg Who or what is the guardian?

jailkeep-golem.jpg The guardian will keep you from the master's chambers. You must return to your cells. It is the master's will.

BRKVQ.jpg You are a mindless golem. I shall find no answers from you.

jailkeep-golem.jpg You must not disobey the master. Return to your cells.

Wait... cowering behind the golem is some sort of small dog or wolf. I am reminded of Haiass. I reach out to calm the creature, when it squeals at me.

BWP20150627223420.jpg

jailkeep-golem.jpg Master. Should I dispose of the prisoners?

Moddie.jpeg (shivers) No!

Moddie.jpeg (shivers) (It gestures you to lead it out of the room.)

I am suddenly confused and scared for some reason.

BRKVQ.jpg Alright, little foxy, you can follow me.

Moddie.jpeg (happily) Ou!

Gameplay note: I let Raziel go, temporarily. It seems that I can tell him to stay where he is and he doesn't mind. Moddie is a thief. Also a fox. A fox thief. And female. A cutsey, female, fox, thief.

BWP20150627223702.jpg

She has a note stuck to her fur. The note reads...

BWP20150627223844.jpg

Our captor has created this... thing? He is more evil than I could have imagined.

I open the door behind the golem and look at it. It doesn't move.

BWP20150627224208.jpg

Well, that was easy. Time to get out of here!

I tell everyone to follow me and move down the corridor.

#1414 Usurper

Usurper
  • 1115 posts

I am met with some kind of tiny smokey beastie.

BWP20150627224257.jpg

Then it disappears. Great. Tiny invisble annoyances.

BWP20150627224334.jpg

I am hit with a raw flood of magical energy as it opens up an interplanar gate! Oh by the Weave what is it calling?!

BWP20150627224410.jpg

Oh, more of its kind. Cute.

Its not so cute when they die. The little buggers explode in a flash of flame.

BWP20150627224608.jpg

The door at the end of this hallway is locked.

BWP20150627224715.jpg

Imoen can't even open it! Great, dead end. Ok, back the other way. Back down the hallway with all the corpses.

BWP20150627224809.jpg

Come hopping out of the darkness of the hallway, a little scrappy kobold addresses us. Seriously?

BWP20150627224837.jpg

weenug.jpg You not talk like that to great Weenug! Weenug is famous as great fighter. Now go back in cage before I kick your arse!

BRKVQ.jpg You a great fighter? Hahaha! What makes you so great at fighting?

weenug.jpg I am great cause my granddad was great wizard. He could cast powerful spells and train dumb humans in the magic art. His smarts pass down to me. I know little magic but know more about fighting. Now go back in cage!

BRKVQ.jpg Yeah right! A turnip has more intelligence than you do. Now move along before I hurt you.

weenug.jpg You imbred elf! I very smart and good fighter! You not go back in cage now. You be dead and I will have your ears for a necklace!

Well okay then!

I'm actually a little sad when he goes down without showing any cool moves.

BWP20150627225359.jpg

We turn a corner and the hair on our arms and then our necks starts standing straight up.

BWP20150627225524.jpg

Yes, it looks like it can summon mephits indefinitely. Who could make such a device?

I trace the cord coming out of the thing to a control device on the wall. Aha!

BWP20150627225713.jpg

Ouch! I examine the box.

BWP20150627225755.jpg

Ok, how about flipping this...

BWP20150627225814.jpg

Aha! Now we just have to deal with the mephits that are here.

Moddie bursts into werewolf form, and starts slashing away at all the mephits.

BWP20150627225908.jpg

We kill them without much incident.

BWP20150627230012.jpg

OH WAIT! We forgot about that other guy! He was in the cage opposite Raziel. I, uh... I hope he's not mad we ... temporarily ... left him?

BWP20150627230124.jpg

Worgas.jpeg Many many pretties... piled high beyond the sky (sigh). My pretties should be close.

Ok, great. He doesn't seem to mind, or notice. I wonder what kind of magic this guy does? Illusion? Conjuration?

BWP20150627230256.jpg

Gameplay note: Nope! Worgas is a Weave-fucking wild mage! He barely knows any spells, though.

BWP20150627230343.jpg

BWP20150627230359.jpg

BWP20150627230424.jpg

BWP20150627230439.jpg

Gameplay note: Also, the mod description for him says that he has more wild surges than normal wild mages. Also he has... other things going on here in this level... I think we should keep him. I really think we should keep him.

An... another wild mage?! Brother! Sister! Friend! Compatriot! Please don't try to kill me like Rhialto! The Weave speaks to us both! The Weave speaks THROUGH us both! Oh my, I have so many questions. So many conversations! We must get out of here together!!

I leave Moddie for now, still in her werewolf form.

#1415 Usurper

Usurper
  • 1115 posts

Posted 28 June 2015 - 08:52 AM

Worgas needs some direction.

BWP20150627230607.jpg

We take our party and walk past the lightning mephit room and into one of crystalline beauty!

BWP20150627230709.jpg

Aataqah.jpeg Ah, I see whom I must talk to. No offense, Hrothgar, but I am curious how Syvishtar will react to me. Syvishtar, I have question! Be not afraid!

Oooh, does it burn, Hrothgar? Does it chap your hide to not be the one the djinni wants to speak to? Don't cry now.

Aataqah.jpeg You have my welcome to my little piece of this place. I do so try to keep it more appealing than the rest.

BRKVQ.jpg My thanks. How is it that you know my name? What is going on here?

Aataqah.jpeg Your name is well known amongst those who watch. Your life's thread is bright indeed, though in your path lies many a dark and frayed end.

Aataqah.jpeg As to easing your mind and answering such questions as those that surely plague you, it is not my place to do so. I am sorry.

BRKVQ.jpg Then of what use can you be to me?

Aataqah.jpeg Such assistance as you will get from me depends on yourself. Are you prepared to answer a question?

BRKVQ.jpg To what end? Why do you need to ask me a question?

Aataqah.jpeg I suffer a terrible curiosity; I see paths that branch in a thousand directions, and each a thousand again, but for all I see, Syvishtar remains a mystery

He speaks of trunk and branch, twig and leaf! I know what he means. But he cannot see me in the canopy?

Aataqah.jpeg All I wish is a single answer. Tip the sacles this once to me and I shall tip them to you in return. Shall you answer me or shall you strike out on your own?

BRKVQ.jpg I will answer your question if it will lead to your making sense.

Aataqah.jpeg Then here is my hypothetical question: You and your sibling are captured and locked in separate cells, unable to communicate. The mage responsible appears and speaks.

Aataqah.jpeg He explains his sadistic game: In each cell there is a magical button. If you press your button and your sibling does not, you will die but your sibling is free.

Aataqah.jpeg If your sibling presses the button and you do not, they will die but you will go free. If neither you nor your sibling press the buttons, both of you will die.

Aataqah.jpeg If both of you press your respective buttons, both of you will die. The mage says that you can have one turn of the hourglass to decide your action, then he leaves.

2RuK7.jpg This is silly! Buttons are not how one escapes dungeons! I would smash the button and rain beatings liberally down on the wizard for playing such a trick!

Aataqah.jpeg Verily... of that, I have no doubt, Minsc. But the question is hypothetical and requires an answer born of the wisdom of Syvishtar, not your impatience.

Aataqah.jpeg Tell me, Syvishtar, do you press the button?

I think back to a similar time, when I had the opportunity to risk my life or the lives of others. I chose to risk my own life, and leave everyone else I knew and cared about safe in a pocket plane, away from harm. This question is easy to answer.

BRKVQ.jpg I will press the button.

Aataqah.jpeg Interesting. No action can be performed without consequences. Especially that which follows the noble path. Deal with this, noble one!

Aataqah summons an ogre mage to attack me! I yell for the equipment-less to go wait in the back while the three experienced ones of us deal with this threat.

BWP20150627235636.jpg

He immediately pops Stoneskin and Minor Globe of Invulnerability. I try to melt him, but to no avail.

BWP20150627235818.jpg

I have some high-level magic that will penetrate his shield. I cast Disintegrate.

BWP20150627235952.jpg

Nothing. Damn.

Imoen Hastes us and we try to pound away at him.

BWP20150628000044.jpg

Hrothgar uses his Helm of Brilliance on the Ogre Mage. It works!

BWP20150628000150.jpg

But then the ogre mage triggers a minor sequencer.

BWP20150628000223.jpg

Imoen expertly counters with Dispel Illusion.

BWP20150628000306.jpg

The weak magelings' power soon fades, and we strike him down where he stands.

BWP20150628000400.jpg

So is that what I get for being honest to a djinni? Fine.

The djinni appears again, and speaks once more.

BWP20150628000441.jpg

Aataqah.jpeg Offer him the release that he craves and you shall find that the focus of your journey shall soon become aparent. Farewell!

Then he leaves me in this cavern, dripping with water and covered in crystals.

BWP20150628000548.jpg

This place isn't half bad. I will make it my temporary base.

#1416 Usurper

Usurper
  • 1115 posts

Posted 28 June 2015 - 08:53 AM

The pools around the edge are cool. I see indistinct shapes in them...

BWP20150628000655.jpg

BWP20150628000733.jpg

BWP20150628000806.jpg

There are two exits out of this place, one at 9 o'clock and one at 11. I decide to check out the one at 11 o'clock first.

Duergar!

BWP20150628001016.jpg

Gameplay note: Usually these halls are filled with kobolds. And they were the last time I tested this place with a normal character. but leveling up in Icewind Dale has pushed Syvishtar so high that now he makes higher level enemies spawn, I guess? So now there's duergar.

I fade back and we prepare for the duergar charge. They come around the corner itching for a fight.

BWP20150628001141.jpg

Once again I tell the others to wait in the back and let us take care of things. But then more duergar start coming from the second hallway!

BWP20150628001250.jpg

I regret not kitting out my companions yet, even if they might be temporary.

As we are now fighting on two fronts, I call for a retreat to the lightning room. We all go, well all of us except the mysterious dog.

BWP20150628001420.jpg

He dies fighting for me. Damn. And I never even had a chance to name him.

I throw the Bag of Holding at my new companions and tell them to pick up whatever they can use from it. We don't have much time!

Minsc dual-wields the Trollslayer and Hell's Bane bastard swords. He says that the only armor he needs is the Ring of Regeneration he finds. I give him some potions too.

BWP20150628002546.jpg

Worgas only puts on the Cloak of the Wolf and mumbles about "pretties."

BWP20150628002620.jpg

Silver Star picks a longbow off the ground and some Acid Arrows from Imoen's pack.

BWP20150628002655.jpg

Then the duergar are upon us.

BWP20150628002731.jpg

The lead duergar rushes through the melee ranks and begins to attack me and Worgas. Worgas lets out some sort of horrifying wail of an insane dying person.

BWP20150628002938.jpg

It causes one of the duergar to begin to run away!

Imoen casts Haste on us all, and as more duergar show up, we are in the thick of it.

BWP20150628003123.jpg

Worgas drinks a potion and runs away. I throw a Glyph of Wild Magic into the duergar group.

BWP20150628003250.jpg

The Weave wastes no time in getting busy droppin' beef on duergar ass.

BWP20150628003452.jpg

I throw more random spells at the duergar. Some are blinded, some worse.

BWP20150628003705.jpg

I also feel like I suddenly know the entire layout of this level.

BWP20150628003731.jpg

I wonder what all those jars are for?

When the greenish fog clears, all the duergar are dead.

BWP20150628003943.jpg

They were all wearing chainmail - chainmail that Minsc can use!

BWP20150628004241.jpg

The ones in the back were using crossbows. I give one to Worgas but he holds it like its stinky or something. What, can't he use crossbows? Or how about a bow? I give him one of those. But he can't use either.

BWP20150628004425.jpg

What is wrong with him? Didn't he put in the basic 20 years that every elven child takes to learn the traditional weapons?

Oh, he's human. I see. I tell him to just stay out of the way for now.

I send Minsc up the hallway we were going to go up anyways. He says that the door is locked.

BWP20150628004726.jpg

And Imoen can't open this one either.

BWP20150628004756.jpg

I guess there's only one way for us to go.

BWP20150628004846.jpg

#1417 Usurper

Usurper
  • 1115 posts

Posted 28 June 2015 - 08:53 AM

We walk down the hall and hear a loud voice booming.

BWP20150628004919.jpg

Wulfgar! We meet again! Remember me?

Wulfgar-bg2.jpeg Syvishtar? Never heard of you... But you said you don't know where we are. Maybe we should together try to find that out...?

But Wulfgar, remember the demons, and the nine hells, and the "Demonic Scull?" You... you don't? Well, uh...

BRKVQ.jpg Sure, my friend, but who are you and how did you end up here?

See, I don't remember you either. It works both ways, "friend."

Wulfgar-bg2.jpeg I'm Wulfgar, a barbarian from Icewind Dale. I was traveling with the help of a teleport spell with my companions but something went wrong, it seems. I just woke up here and I have no idea where my companions are.

BRKVQ.jpg Ok, Wulfgar. Let's go.

Wulfgar-bg2.jpeg We'll do that, but know that I will be looking for my friends while we travel... I hope they are here too.

Gameplay note: Wulfgar is a level 11 Barbarian.

BWP20150628010252.jpg

Gameplay note: He also has no equipment.

BWP20150628010344.jpg

We have two locked doors, one on each side of us. And we have an open door in front of us. I say we go for the open door.

BWP20150628010426.jpg

Around the corner is some sort of crazed bugbear.

BWP20150628010509.jpg

I mean bugbearS, plural. They're fast.

BWP20150628010543.jpg

Minsc charges in, eating damage like a madman. We hear a strange sound from a door nearby.

BWP20150628010619.jpg

Is that someone yelling?

The final bugbear runs away and leads us into an ambush!

BWP20150628010723.jpg

We fight, but the voice behind the door shouts even more insistently.

BWP20150628010829.jpg

Imoen summons some ogres, and they are pretty evenly matched with the duergar and bugbears in this hallway. The entire fight we hear that voice insistently calling out.

BWP20150628011258.jpg

Finally, when we are done, we open the door.

BWP20150628011635.jpg

Breagar.jpeg Tush, that you no longer know? You must have been pretty severely beaten on your hollow skull.

Breagar.jpeg My name is Breagar of Clan Bardormar, a former contender for the title of the Grand Blacksmither of my clan. We have been traveling together to Candlekeep, foolish elf.

BRKVQ.jpg Where does your clan live?

Breagar.jpeg I am originally from the Storm Horn Mountain - A mountain on the northern border of Cormyr. My clan settled there ong ago.

BRKVQ.jpg I notice that you have a silver arm...

Breagar.jpeg Once we freed the mine in the Cloakwood Forest of the machinations of the Iron Throne, came a messenger of the goddess Berronar to me - as a reward for my deeds, I was chosen as worthy to lead this arm and Berronar's axe in her name.

BRKVQ.jpg Did you say "Former contender for the title Blacksmither?"

Breagar.jpeg I was at the Sword Coast, to complete my masterpiece. But something went wrong, and the energy discharged in the wrong direction. I tore off my arm and I almost bled to death, which I would have done if you didn't save my life.

Ummmm... torture? Could it be the torture why I don't remember him?

BRKVQ.jpg Oh, and, of course. I remember again. Are you all right?

Breagar.jpeg All right? No! Bergoschoramalbarzulazim!

Breagar.jpeg You have stolen my axe! Berronar's holy axe is gone! I'll kill you! I'll kill you all!

2RuK7.jpg Look how Boo's whiskers kick up! Revenge for the fallen friends and revenge for our stolen property!

Breagar.jpeg Hrmpf. I must be forth after the thieves, Syvishtar. But... but I am reluctant to leave you alone. A foolish elf as you needs people to take one step and then was up to his neck in trouble.

Breagar.jpeg What is, do we get together again or do I find my way to the outside alone?

BRKVQ.jpg You must not draw alone, Breagar. We stay together.

Breagar.jpegI had hoped you would say that, Syvishtar.

Gameplay note: Breagar is a level 10 dwarf blacksmith.

BWP20150628013057.jpg

BWP20150628012731.jpg

Gameplay note: Looking into his mod, it looks like he was originally a German-language mod that has recently been translated into English. He was a mod for BG1 but we were too early to install him. He seems like a pretty cool dude, though.

There are so many lost, naked souls down in this dungeon. How powerful is this mage that he can build this place, trap all these people, and still cast a teleport spell and walk away like he wasn't upset at the invasion of his domain?

What have I gotten myself into? And who can I really trust?

#1418 Usurper

Usurper
  • 1115 posts

Posted 28 June 2015 - 09:03 AM

Ok, we need to decide which of these characters we will take with us. This is just about all of the characters here on this level. There is one more, but she isn't really... on this level. And she's after a very hard fight, so it makes the most sense to end now.

We have a relatively complex set of decisions to make now. And the reason is because there are three options for most of these characters. For many of them, you can either play with them in the party, send them on ahead to an inn or other scripted meeting spot, or leave them here in the dungeon to die when it collapses at the end. Because spoiler alert: this dungeon is going to go kaboom when we exit it. Say, for instance, you love Minsc but you think Breagar is a stronger fighter with the limited equipment available down here - we could send Minsc ahead to a "popular tavern or inn" via dialogue and use Breagar for now. That way both are alive, but only one is currently in the party.

So, lets play a new game here in this dungeon in order to select our party -- Fuck, Merry, Kill. You each still have 5 votes, but instead of using those 5 votes to either say yes or no to each character, you can vote to Fuck, Merry, or Kill them.

If you vote to Fuck a character, that means you leave them to their own devices here in the dungeon. Some characters are automatically set to leave for the Copper Coronet. Some are set to wait patiently. Others have the option to choose. If you vote for this, I will tell them to wait patiently if there's a choice. Otherwise they will follow their own script, and maybe go to the Copper Coronet. But the point is that you don't really care what happens to them, so screw them. Characters that don't get any votes will default to this status.

If you vote to Merry a character, that means you want to have a merry time with them in our party. This will work just like popularity votes as normal. The top 5 winners of the Merry vote will be in the party first. The others will remain in the dungeon if they can do so as backup party members. Before I exit the dungeon I'll do my best to send them on ahead to the Copper Coronet, or wherever else they are set to go. I'll do my best to save every character that is voted Merry, because we like them a lot.

If you vote to Kill a character, that means you want them to die. We will send them on a solo suicide mission until they die, after which we will kick them from the party and good riddance.

So, here is a quick breakdown of all the characters we have. Vote your votes!

Chateau Irenicus Inmate Roster

Breagar.jpegBreagar [Service Record]: A level 10 dwarf Blacksmith. He has Grand Mastery of the Axe and is Specialized in Single Weapon Style.

• Details of Note
  • German dwarf
  • He has content in this dungeon, with the duergar here.
  • He can't wait at a spot you leave him.
  • He says he will go hang out with Cromwell if you kick him out
  • Seems like a cool dude, if a little delusional vis a vis our relationship

Hrothgar.jpegHrothgar [Service Record]: A level 10 human Moon Knight who can cast level 1 spells. He is specialized in the Bastard Sword and Two-handed Sword, and has Mastery of Axes.

• Details of Note
  • May trigger the end of the world if he is not in the party at the right time
  • He can wait at the spot you leave him
  • He can go to "one of the inns or taverns"
  • He says he will only wait "for a brief time" no matter where it is. May be ominous warning from mod author of impending end of the world?

Imoen-bg2.jpegImoen [Service Record]: A human dual-classed level 7 Charming Rogue / level 11 Mage who can cast some level 1, level 2, level 3, level 4, and level 5 mage spells. She is proficient in the Quarterstaff and Two Handed Weapon Style. Her Open Locks is 105. Her Find Traps is 105.

• Details of Note
  • It's IMOEN
  • Childhood friend
  • Constant companion
  • Been by our side since the beginning
  • She can't wait around patiently, her head hurts too much
  • We can "split up" to make it easier for us to "sneak out of here." It means she will meet up with us for the cutscene at the end of the dungeon

ciOMn.jpgJaheira [Service Record]: A level 5/5 half-elf fighter/Priest of Sylvanus who can cast some level 1, level 2, and level 3 cleric spells. She is a Specialist in the Quarterstaff and the Cross Bow.

• Details of Note
  • Traitor
  • Thinks we are "closer than simple group comrades"
  • If she leaves the group "things will not be the same between us"
  • Femme fatale
  • Black widow
  • Cannot wait around patiently
  • If she leaves the party, she will wait near Harper Hold. But things will "not be the same between us"
  • Probably sold us out to "Mae'Var", whoever that is
  • Too low level to cast Harper's Call

2RuK7.jpgMinsc [Service Record]: A level 6 human Ranger. His Stealth is 54. He is a Specialist in Two Handed Swords, Two Handed Weapon Style, and Two Weapon Style. He is also proficient in Maces and Long Bows. His favored enemy is Gnolls.

• Details of Note
  • He has original game content in this dungeon
  • He cannot wait around patiently
  • If he leaves the party, he will try to "wait at a major tavern or inn"

Moddie.jpegModdie [Service Record]: A level 8 fox thief. She is not proficient in any weapons. Her Find Traps is 55. Her Pick Pockets is 70. Her Move Silently is 90. Her Hide in Shadows is 75. Her Set Traps is 55. Her Backstab Damage is x3.

• Details of Note
  • Furry.
  • Very high-pitched annoying soundset.
  • Seems to speak via gestures instead of words

Raziel.jpegRaziel [Service Record]: A level 8 human Swashbuckler. He is proficient in the short sword, and has Mastery of Two Weapon Style. His Open Locks is 60. His Find Traps is 60.

• Details of Note
  • He can wait around patiently
  • If he leaves the party, he CANNOT go anywhere else. He will die when the dungeon explodes when we exit it
  • Unclear what mods or other quests he has

Silver-Star.jpegSilver Star [Service Record]: A level 8 elven Assassin. Her move Silently is 70. Her Hide in Shadows is 70. Her Set Traps is 50. Her Pick Pockets is 60. Her Backstab damage multplier is x3. She is proficient in the long sword, short sword, and single weapon style.

• Details of Note
  • She has content in this dungeon.
  • She can wait around patiently.
  • If she leaves the party, she CANNOT go anywhere else. She will die when Chateau Irenicus is destroyed on our way out.

Worgas.jpegWorgas [Service Record]: A level 8 human Wild Mage who can cast some level 1, level 2, level 3, and level 4 mage spells. He is proficient in the dagger and quarter staff. He can also scream and bite eyes very effectively.

• Details of Note
  • He's a WILD MAGE.
  • He has content in this dungeon.
  • He has a pet in this dungeon.
  • He can't wait around patiently.
  • If he leaves the party he will go to the Copper Coronet
  • He's a WILD MAGE.
  • I'm tempted to keep him in the party no matter his votes

Wulfgar-bg2.jpegWulfgar [Service Record]: A level 11 human Barbarian. He has Grand Mastery of the War Hammer and is Specialized in Single Weapon Style. He can go into a Barbarian Rage.

• Details of Note
  • May be necessary for him to be in the party to pick up Drizzt in the next level of this dungeon?
  • He can't wait around patiently.
  • If he leaves the party he will go to the Copper Coronet

#1419 Usurper

Usurper
  • 1115 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 01:05 AM

I worry that nobody follows this thread anymore, because there is no feedback here.

#1420 danemanuelk

danemanuelk
  • 133 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 09:02 PM

Ins not true Usurper .... I read whole thread twice :) .... really amazing and crazy funny :D

Edited by danemanuelk, 01 July 2015 - 09:03 PM.