• Please log in to reply
1123 replies to this topic

#621 Almateria

Almateria

most garbage person

• Modder
  • 969 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 11:31 PM

My grandmother used to say 'if you haven't got anything good to say about something, then don't say anything'. Just a thought.

-Y-

That kind of leaves out the possibility of constructive criticism, or any sort of discussion at all.

#622 Andrea C.

Andrea C.
  • Modder
  • 457 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 02:09 AM

That kind of leaves out the possibility of constructive criticism

Could you kindly point me to any constructive criticism you have made toward BG:EE so far?

#623 Tempest

Tempest

Cue Ominous Music

• Modder
  • 6572 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 06:56 AM

Folks, consider this an official moderator notice to keep things civil and constructive. Disagreeing about various facets of BGEE and whether think it's worth buying or not is fine. Expressing it in destructive, vitriolic fashion and directly attacking other posters is not fine.

"The righteous need not cower before the drumbeat of human progress. Though the song of yesterday fades into the challenge of tomorrow, God still watches and judges us. Evil lurks in the datalinks as it lurked in the streets of yesterday, but it was never the streets that were evil." - Sister Miriam Godwinson, Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri

#624 GeN1e

GeN1e

A very GAR character

• Modder
  • 1604 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 12:58 PM

Me, I only really dislike Dorn being a sword user. Should have been a halberd. But I think there is little point to make requests now, since the portrait is done.

Expressing it in destructive, vitriolic fashion and directly attacking other posters is not fine.

Heh, it only came upon me now, that forum trolls are immune to acid, so it's useless against them. Fire (flame) too, btw...

Retired from modding.

#625 Choo Choo

Choo Choo

AIR CONDITIONER GRILL

• Modder
  • 3001 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 02:01 PM

Expressing it in destructive, vitriolic fashion and directly attacking other posters is not fine.

Heh, it only came upon me now, that forum trolls are immune to acid, so it's useless against them. Fire (flame) too, btw...

They do, however, respond exceedingly well to feeding. Which is why we don't do it. :) Let's drop the matter, shall we?

I wish I could be more optimistic about BG:EE than I am, but... I don't know. I agree with the majority that the UI needs work; that blue colour is quite glaring.

theacefes: You have to be realistic as well, you can't just be Swedish!

#626 Yovaneth

Yovaneth

The newly-appointed Master Builder of Baldur's Gate

• Modder
  • 3058 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 11:54 PM

I agree with the majority that the UI needs work; that blue colour is quite glaring.

If that is the final colour then you can guarantee that it won't be long before someone mods the gui files.

-Y-

#627 Dakk

Dakk
  • 398 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 12:34 AM

Me, I only really dislike Dorn being a sword user. Should have been a halberd. But I think there is little point to make requests now, since the portrait is done.

Yes, a halberd feels like it should have been a given. Especially so since, IIRC, no BG1 NPC comes with halberd proficiency as default (I use L1NPC so it's Minsc 2-handed option).

Dorn's portrait is grin-tinted, almost B&W; you can see it on baldursgate.com. In the screenshot, Dorn is alive.

It's way overdone... :( Stands out like a sore thumb amongst the saturated balduresque portraits. No like.

EDIT: But alas, it's hopefully nothing that Enkida can't fix! :P (thus far Enkida is much more worthy of the expression "shut up and take my money" than Beamdog is...)

Edited by Dakk, 11 September 2012 - 04:26 AM.

#628 Kwiat_W

Kwiat_W
  • Modder
  • 290 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 04:34 AM

Posted Image

I'm literally dying from laughter, please send help

Seriously though I didn't know Kwiat_W landed himself a job at Beamdog, gj man

Not enough blue! Don't they know that the more blue the better?! :D

But seriously, I don't like it either. I hope this is just a placeholder and it will look very much different in the final product.

icon11.gif W_GUI - a GUI replacement for Baldur's Gate 2/TUTU/BGT/CA
icon11.gif W_PackMule - Your own pack mule for Baldur's Gate 2/Tutu/BGT/CA, BGEE and BG2:EE

icon11.gif Psionics Unleashed - play as a Psion, mod for Baldur's Gate 2/Tutu/BGT/CA

#629 Dakk

Dakk
  • 398 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 04:46 AM

But seriously, I don't like it either. I hope this is just a placeholder and it will look very much different in the final product.

I wouldn't count on it. It's been stated that UI-modding is supposed to be "easy" though. You know we'll count on you Kwiat_W to fix it for us, i.e. making it non-blue. Ironic, isn't it ;)

#630 phordicus

phordicus
  • 212 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 04:34 PM

Yikes. As a graphics guy who really tries not to let graphics take too much importance in a cRPG, I have to say the UI is farking terrible. I can't see one positive change.
Druid Kit Enhancements 1.0 (requires Dispel Magic fix, whether ToBEx's or Taimon's)

#631 Eleima

Eleima

Geek Goddess

• Modder
  • 1861 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 06:56 PM

Not sure what all those buttons beneath the portraits are, but it looks clunky, not very user friendly...

Check out my DeviantArt account, as well as my scribbling on FanFiction.net
RPGBadgeLarge.png

sig.gif

#632 Andrea C.

Andrea C.
  • Modder
  • 457 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 08:02 PM

Not sure what all those buttons beneath the portraits are, but it looks clunky, not very user friendly...

I *think* they are designed for tablet users, but don't quote me on this.

#633 Dakk

Dakk
  • 398 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 08:11 PM

I *think* they are designed for tablet users, but don't quote me on this.

I believe tablet users are supposed to be able to "pinch" to zoom and presumable use some other motion wizardry to select several characters - but you are probably correct in that this is the alternate options. And also for PC users that doesn't have a mouse wheel... :P

#634 -FrozenCells-

-FrozenCells-

Posted 12 September 2012 - 04:25 AM

Another nine screenshots here: http://baldursgate.c...12sep10.en.html

Not that I think the GUi is fugly (it's not entirely repulsive) but I'm somewhat stunned that this is what passes as professional work produced by a gaming company. What happened?! I'd rather give my BG:EE money to Erephine (pre-ordered it anyway).

#635 Dakk

Dakk
  • 398 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 04:57 AM

It does feel like Enkida, Kwiat_W and Erephine could have produced the same - or better - graphical content for less...

#636 Andrea C.

Andrea C.
  • Modder
  • 457 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 07:59 AM

For the sake of completeness of information, I'll let you know that the GUI shown in the screenshots is far from being final. The devs are working on it day and night, and will likely keep on tweaking it and adding features and functionalities post-ship.

#637 Suslik

Suslik

Investigator

• 500 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 08:06 AM

I don't see any reasons to comment on the new UI visuals due to problems being quite apparent already. Neither am I particularly interested in the new content BGEE proposes. The only thing I am still looking forward to is the new engine to tinker with. Original BGMain executable had quite a few programming errors and was full of mind-blowing hardcoded issues which have proven to be a real pain to be dealt with in TobEx. Let's hope binary overhaul is more thorough than the things we see on the screenshots.

Secondly any public attention towards the game means more attention to the modding and I cannot help but expect this to have a positive impact on the modded content in general.

Is binary overhaul worth 20 bucks? For me? - yes. For a regular player? - I have doubts, since a regular player expects more than "just" this.

Edited by Suslik, 12 September 2012 - 08:12 AM.

#638 Dakk

Dakk
  • 398 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 08:13 AM

For the sake of completeness of information, I'll let you know that the GUI shown in the screenshots is far from being final. The devs are working on it day and night, and will likely keep on tweaking it and adding features and functionalities post-ship.

Glad to hear it. I got to admit I'm worried by the fact that it's what - a week(!) until it's supposed to ship. "Normal" titles are feature complete not to mention having gone gold pretty much months before the release date. Hopefully this in turn means Beamdog intends to offer plenty of post-release support.

Edited by Dakk, 12 September 2012 - 08:14 AM.

#639 Almateria

Almateria

most garbage person

• Modder
  • 969 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 08:49 AM

Another nine screenshots here: http://baldursgate.c...12sep10.en.html

Not that I think the GUi is fugly (it's not entirely repulsive) but I'm somewhat stunned that this is what passes as professional work produced by a gaming company. What happened?! I'd rather give my BG:EE money to Erephine (pre-ordered it anyway).

I don't want to say too much here anymore but just look at those dead dragons. It's seriously some 90s-Poser work. It's so bad.

but why did you preorder if you don't like the product? That's just mystifying.

#640 Beleg33

Beleg33

AKA Adanedhel on G3

• 521 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 08:53 AM

You just don't like Baldur's Gate games, do you? Those dead dragons are original content..
Random spambot #8434678 said :

you should liquor multiplying great deal supplment your to office apparel predicated copy may possibly be an go through check out this behave as more busy den has an interest in pc