Comments on BGEE & BG2EE News

• Please log in to reply
1123 replies to this topic

#601 Andrea C.

Andrea C.
  • Modder
  • 458 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 08:03 PM

Isn't that how the original portraits were made?

Yep.

#602 Almateria

Almateria

most garbage person

• Modder
  • 969 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 06:04 AM

Our plan to compress the 3GB's of Awesome that is BG:EE into less space did not keep the awesome. We're stuck at 3GB

awful

Edited by Almateria, 08 September 2012 - 06:04 AM.

#603 Almateria

Almateria

most garbage person

• Modder
  • 969 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 01:12 AM

Posted Image

I'm literally dying from laughter, please send help

Seriously though I didn't know Kwiat_W landed himself a job at Beamdog, gj man

#604 --doz--

--doz--

Posted 09 September 2012 - 06:08 AM

Is this so called "new enhanced interface"? Looks ridiculously similar to the old one.

#605 Lava Del'Vortel

Lava Del'Vortel

Fiction Enforcer

• Modder
  • 2298 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 06:39 AM

Sadly, I must agree with Almateria about the GUI... what's even worse, Kwiat's GUI is much better. There's somethign wrong with the texture. Looks really artificial.

#606 Daulmakan

Daulmakan

Comfortably numb

• 1065 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 08:48 AM

Oh dear, not good at all...

item_pack.jpg   Drows.jpg

#607 Crazee

Crazee
  • Modder
  • 533 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 10:14 AM

I'm disappointed with the portraits. They just simply don't match with the original style. I seriously hope they're still working on this, just experimenting with the colours, etc.

#608 Almateria

Almateria

most garbage person

• Modder
  • 969 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 10:21 AM

Sadly, I must agree with Almateria about the GUI... what's even worse, Kwiat's GUI is much better. There's somethign wrong with the texture. Looks really artificial.

Also, look at the edges and the clock. It's a complete rushjob.

Wait what do you mean by sadly

#609 Andrea C.

Andrea C.
  • Modder
  • 458 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 10:32 AM

The clock has been reworked. FYI.

#610 SapphireIce101

SapphireIce101
  • 30 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 10:45 AM

It might be just me, but I actually like the new GUI. Sure, there are some kinks with it right now, but I still like it.

#611 Almateria

Almateria

most garbage person

• Modder
  • 969 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 10:53 AM

The clock has been reworked. FYI.

Too bad they couldn't, y'know, show it.
Because it's only a week before the release.

#612 Lava Del'Vortel

Lava Del'Vortel

Fiction Enforcer

• Modder
  • 2298 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 11:27 AM

By sadly I mean that I would like the gui to be better :P It's not like I'm sad because I have to agree with you xD

#613 Beleg33

Beleg33

AKA Adanedhel on G3

• 521 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 11:40 AM

The screenshot was probably taken weeks ago, waiting for approval pipeline to disclose.
Random spambot #8434678 said :

you should liquor multiplying great deal supplment your to office apparel predicated copy may possibly be an go through check out this behave as more busy den has an interest in pc

#614 Almateria

Almateria

most garbage person

• Modder
  • 969 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 12:54 PM

It's literally a screenshot, there is no weeks-long approval pipeline. How many people even work at Beamdog? If it takes them a month to release a crappy screenshot to public, maybe they should just hold on for that week and not release anything before the game?

Man, their legs probably end with bloody stumps by now.

#615 Dakk

Dakk
  • 398 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 12:55 PM

1. It's very.. blue.
2. The new portraits really shout "hey, look at me, I'm not an original release NPC" (is the half-orc portrait in black/white??)
3. The text box is wack. And in Baldurs Gate like 50% of the game take place there.

I'm sadly underwhelmed. I want to love it :'(

#616 Yovaneth

Yovaneth

The newly-appointed Master Builder of Baldur's Gate

• Modder
  • 3058 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 01:02 PM

My grandmother used to say 'if you haven't got anything good to say about something, then don't say anything'. Just a thought.

-Y-

#617 Vicen

Vicen

Swooping...is bad....

• 477 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 02:09 PM

1. It's very.. blue.
2. The new portraits really shout "hey, look at me, I'm not an original release NPC" (is the half-orc portrait in black/white??)
3. The text box is wack. And in Baldurs Gate like 50% of the game take place there.

I'm sadly underwhelmed. I want to love it :'(

To answer your second question its in black and white because that team member is dead...(Though I have not played bg in a long time I could be wrong...but i doubt it!)

But if this is a new screenshot...color me not impressed!

Check out my gaming oriented Youtube channel >>> https://www.youtube....er/viceiceman85

#618 Andrea C.

Andrea C.
  • Modder
  • 458 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 08:10 PM

Dorn's portrait is grin-tinted, almost B&W; you can see it on baldursgate.com. In the screenshot, Dorn is alive.

#619 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 08:12 PM

Also not a fan of the new UI, I have to admit. I hope they'll take advantage of the fan feedback and improve it. I do think blue is a good colour, and I like some of the ideas there, but the general design isn't great. Unfortunately it's very difficult to design these things, because they have to work on so many resolutions -- there are so many things that can go wrong if you have details.

Edit: as for there being an approval pipeline -- there most certainly would be. Overhaul aren't huge, but they do have to go through Beamdog as well.

#620 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 09:47 PM

The screenshot was probably taken weeks ago, waiting for approval pipeline to disclose.

Well that... or the screen shot was made from one of the company alpha's ... meaning that it's totally not finished.

Edit: as for there being an approval pipeline -- there most certainly would be. Overhaul aren't huge, but they do have to go through Beamdog as well.

That's like saying that in a big company(+1000 employees), everyone knows what everyone does and needs to approve it... totally. The PR people should be the once publishing pictures... on a good day.
Of course it might be complicating things if it's true... meaning that the alpha in usage when the picture was taken, is old as ... my shoes.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 10 September 2012 - 10:21 AM.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.