Turambar
  • Modder
  • 935 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 03:32 AM

Version 180c is now up.
Download link

It contains some minor updates and fixes to v180b:
- Restored compatibility wth BGT versions 113+
- Fixed an incompatibility with BG2 fixpack which made some creatures unkillable (eg, TorGal and some other trolls)
- Code for patching tooltip.2da rewritten; it should now work even on messed up tooltip.2da files
- The installation, now, won't fail in case setup-bpv180.exe is not present (eg, on Linux and Mac)
- The GUI installer will now be traified in case BGT is installed (otherwise, the GUI options for BGT could be presented separately from all other options)
- Fixed a crash that occurred when turning into the Ravager in case BP-Ascension was installed, but BP-core wasn't
- Some extra components have been updated, too

Edited by Turambar, 24 March 2012 - 07:12 AM.

Turambar

Currently supporting: DSotSC for BGT, NTotSC - forum

Turambar's fixes and tweaks for BG2, BGT, DSotSC, NTotSC, SoBH and more!

Before posting questions (even regarding posts written by myself), please look at Jarno Mikkola's FAQs for the Megamods!
(how to correctly report CTDs)

vipersig.jpg

#2 computerfan9000

computerfan9000
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 01:30 PM

Does this include all of the fixes from the BWP Fixpack?

#3 Turambar

Turambar
  • Modder
  • 935 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 01:46 PM

no. It has different fixes from the Fixpack

Turambar

Before posting questions (even regarding posts written by myself), please look at Jarno Mikkola's FAQs for the Megamods!

vipersig.jpg

#4 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 02:54 PM

I think computerfan9000 is asking whether it fixes the issues with BP that were fixed in the BiG World Project Fixpack.

#5 Turambar

Turambar
  • Modder
  • 935 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 03:26 AM

No, those fixes haven't been included in v180c (we're already working on v181, so too many changes increased the risk of creating too many forks)

Turambar

vipersig.jpg

#6 Graoumf

Graoumf
  • 594 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 04:45 AM

Always a pleasure to see a new version of BP.
Miloch talked about some fixes in another thread some weeks ago, I guess it would be for version 181?

Edited by Graoumf, 31 March 2012 - 08:25 AM.

#7 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 07:24 AM

I think Turambar might've put those fixes in v180c also, just in a different way. There is a v181 in the workroom - anyone who wants to test it or look at it, let us know (I will PM you the workroom password, Graoumf). It overhauls the entire backbone of BP (mainly to patch instead of overwrite) so since the rewrite is pretty significant, it should probably be considered a beta until further testing. Plus there is still more to do with patching scripts etc., which Turambar has graciously volunteered to do :).

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#8 prowler

prowler

Translator

• 425 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 11:20 AM

For version 181 we have updated russian translation. Let me know when release will be ready

Murloc-translator
Coordinator of the Russian BWP Translation Team - Arcanecoast.ru
Work with SHS, PPG, G3, CoM, Dragon's Hoard, Sorcerer's Place, RPG Dungeon

#9 Beleg33

Beleg33

AKA Adanedhel on G3

• 521 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 06:03 PM

I can't install components #17 #18 #19 #20 (Improved Gromnir/Demogorgon/Illasera/Yaga-Shura) with just BP-Ascension because it seems to fail to append IDS files completly.

Debug example of trying to install Improved Gromnir after BP-Ascension, but not BP-Core :
Spoiler

Actually this time around Improved Demogorgon still installed even though :
Spoiler

As far as I understand all these missing IDS entries should be added by BP-Ascension, in tp2 lines 26771-27874 (might be a few off) :

Spoiler

What's going on?

EDIT : BP-Core modifies IDS as expected and then BP-Ascension + Improved components install fine.
Some dialogue compiling warning in BP-Core :
Spoiler

Some files that can be already fixed by other mods :

-FIRAMB05.bcs
Spoiler

-FLAYUN.bcs / VAMPIR01.bcs
Spoiler

Edited by Beleg33, 07 July 2012 - 08:05 PM.

Random spambot #8434678 said :

you should liquor multiplying great deal supplment your to office apparel predicated copy may possibly be an go through check out this behave as more busy den has an interest in pc

#10 Beleg33

Beleg33

AKA Adanedhel on G3

• 521 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 07:06 PM

Improved Small Teeth Pass :

Spoiler

That part about bpdragtp.cre is sorta fuckep up. The creature file is some copy of the topaze dragon from TDD with script slots assigned to TDD one (dragtope.bcs) which is not included by BP. It would only work if the user has also installed TDD and that could be fine... if he wasn't given the same name and would deliver the same dialogue.

bAR1700.bcs :
Spoiler

Are you supposed to get 8 dragons on hardest difficulty? Else the last two blocks could be switched.

I know v181 is in the works and this might be already fixed. Just thought I'd report it.

EDIT : about previous post

I can't install components #17 #18 #19 #20 (Improved Gromnir/Demogorgon/Illasera/Yaga-Shura) with just BP-Ascension because it seems to fail to append IDS files completly.

I don't know what went wrong in that install but I just tested again on ToB+BG2 fixpack and I could install them fine without BP-Core. I installed everything except BP-core and the components which require BP-Core, and I can confirm that BPDRAGTP.CRE gets no scripts unless you install BP core (and he'd just get BPWDASGT)

Edited by Beleg33, 10 July 2012 - 01:14 AM.

Random spambot #8434678 said :

you should liquor multiplying great deal supplment your to office apparel predicated copy may possibly be an go through check out this behave as more busy den has an interest in pc

#11 -Guest_Sergio-

-Guest_Sergio-

Posted 13 July 2012 - 10:59 AM

I wonder. If I use the installpack beta, does it install the the big world fixpack automatically?

#12 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 12:24 PM

Turambar was handling the BP subcomponents but it doesn't look like he's been around lately, neither has horred. I don't really have game access for another month so it might be a while unless someone else shows up. Graoumf has been testing v181 and managed to get it installed at least, so I don't know what the cause of those install errors would be, excepting that BP core is required or something.

Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#13 Leonardo Watson

Leonardo Watson
  • Modder
  • 531 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 09:05 AM

In the new BPv180C.tp2 there is no longer the check for ROT and TDD regarding the Level-50 Ruleset component as it was before:

FORBID_FILE ~data/ROT-RULE.bif~ ~You have ROT installed, so you already have this~
FORBID_FILE ~data/TDD-RULE.bif~ ~You have TDD installed, so you already have this~

Does this mean the Level-50 Ruleset (Code By King Diamond) component can be installed on top of these mods regardless whether one of those mods is installed or not?

#14 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 02:26 AM

I would guess so. Either that or Turambar used a smarter check (like FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME) instead of checking for a .bif, which is not great.

#15 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 01:58 AM

Kinda crash-worthy error to report here :P (the 2nd attachment) Also, a better innate exclusion list here :D

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#16 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 06:59 AM

Not sure exactly what the problem was but if it's an ADD_SPELL type of issue with outdated code, that was probably fixed in the development version.

#17 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 09:03 AM

Probably :P

SENDRO03.CRE doesn't get any treatment in the TP2 other than a simple overwrite... And the cre file it overwrites with has 2 spells in its Mem Info Slot #17 (Innates) when it should have 6 (to account for the 4 new INNATES that BP adds to him :D)

Um, btw an update would be great :P Almost every bug that gets reported here is supposed to be fixed in the dev version and... ya know, people get jealous that you guys have the good stuff :lol:

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

#18 Mad Mate

Mad Mate
  • 191 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 10:53 AM

ya know, people get jealous that you guys have the good stuff :lol:

:)
I know that I am jealous... :D

#19 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 02:51 PM

I think I mentioned somewhere that you can have access to the beta forum if you PM us :P. Anyway, the last version appeared to be working in one beta test but a lot needs to be done on it and few of us are around to devote the time to it that it needs for a public release.

#20 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 06:42 AM

It's always been daunting to even imagine trying to test out this monster :crying:

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: bp, Big Picture