Photo

The coding

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 RutgerHauer

RutgerHauer
  • 148 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 07:01 AM

Hi guys, anyone knows how to switch coding of letters in registry so that IA animations work properly? I don't remember what to switch, where to switch nor how to switch anymore :S I think it has something to do with ANSI but i might be wrong

Edited by RutgerHauer, 06 April 2012 - 07:02 AM.

#2 hook71

hook71
  • 280 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 09:10 AM

I think you have to change the "Language for non-Unicode programs" in the "Region and Language" Control Panel to "English (United States)" for IA to work. Might be called something else if you don't run Win 7 though.

#3 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 10:43 AM

It's in the readme, pretty much as hook71 says. There was also a thread about this you started last time you were playing - I thought you had it sorted out, or are you doing a new install?

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#4 RutgerHauer

RutgerHauer
  • 148 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 08:09 AM

I'm reinstalling some mods including IA on a new pc and i have forgot which region you have to choose, thanks.

#5 -Harted-

-Harted-

Posted 25 July 2012 - 12:46 AM

I have chandged the "Language for non-Unicode programs" in the "Region and Language" Control Panel to "English (United States)", but some names of the files isn't been reading correctly.. I have non-english version of Windows (Cyrillic).
If I change names of files manually, mod will be work correctly, or I must change anything more in .tp2 file?
P.S. Sorry for my bad english :)

#6 Erephine

Erephine

leit að lífi

• 1912 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 05:59 AM

There was also a fixed version for the ANSI issue, but it looks like it was never released.

Sent the files to Miloch/et al. who currently maintain this mod sometime last year; assumed it had gone through.

崇高滑稽
·

#7 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 08:38 AM

There was also a fixed version for the ANSI issue, but it looks like it was never released.

It was not, for several reasons. Although it is probably a fairly minor change in the patching code, it results in a fairly major change downstream. All the animation files need to be renamed, as well as 2da references (e.g. for soundclips) and thus all the major archives would need to be reuploaded. Then all the references in the tp2 code to animation files (and there are many of these for component filechecks) and, most time-consuming of all perhaps, all the references in all other mods, at least a handful of which use the existing IA schema (some quite large, like the Vecna mod). And all that has to be fixed more or less simultaneously so we don't get folks trying to use two different schemes. And if all that's being fixed, we may as well address the other outstanding IA fixes and work in progress. I would like to have had to time to do all that but have not even had access to my mod development computer for several months. (Nice to see you around again btw Erephine... it's been a while :).)

Having said all that, the workaround as posted in the readme works as verified by beta testers with Russian OSes etc. You have to do it correctly and in the right order of course (for example, I don't think it will do much if you change it after the install). Or if it doesn't work on some OS versions, we need more information than what's been posted.

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#8 Erephine

Erephine

leit að lífi

• 1912 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 09:14 AM

If I remember correctly, there were a few other fixes in it as well, which is a shame. While I don't really have the time to devote either, I could try and isolate them for an interim patch, perhaps?

Likewise. Good to be here, too :)

崇高滑稽
·