Very minor bugs.

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 tomkaz

tomkaz
  • 992 posts

Donator

Posted 03 May 2012 - 10:20 AM

I really do not know where to post these, but since I started a new game I though I would post the minor bugs as I find as I go along. I do not need a fix for these as I am beyond most. Perhaps someone else may want to chase them down and fix them in later additions. Some of these may have been posted before.

These were incurred from the installation of the game to the finish of Nashkell Mines.

1) Installation - BiG World Cleanup.bat move language to ...\BGII - SoA\read me files\. It needs to be moved back to ...\BGII - SoA\.

2) Candlekeep - Jondalar is there, but not his archer partner.

3) Gnoll Stronghold - Kill a gnoll and you get 34 exp. Kill an elite gnoll and you get 10 exp.

4) Bereghost - No icon for Golin Vend when he gives Will Scarlet O'Hara his ring.

5) Magic rings work before they are identified.

6) The Battle Axe +3 "The Decapitator", obtained from the Caravan Guard at the Friendly Arms Inn, has icon problems. There is an icon in your inventory slot, but not one at the bottom of the screen in game mode.

7) There is a problem with Viconia's quick slots. Occasionally, it will show she has twice the number of spells normally available when she has used them all.

8) You can discover Nashkell Pass from Firewine Plains, but not from Beregost Wilderness. Nashkell Pass is between these two and close to Beregost Wilderness.

My WeiDU.log file is attached in case anyone needs to know which mods are installed.

Attached File  WeiDU_11.1.log   43.93K   224 downloads

Tom

#2 Sasha Al'Therin

Sasha Al'Therin
  • Modder
  • 615 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 11:55 AM

1) Installation - BiG World Cleanup.bat move language to ...\BGII - SoA\read me files\. It needs to be moved back to ...\BGII - SoA\.

Pointed that out once myself already. the cleanup also does things that for some reason causes problems with running a --change-log on files at least that has been my experience.

2) Candlekeep - Jondalar is there, but not his archer partner.

Possibly due to the Jondalar fix that is included. Not sure if it is compatible, but the BG Fixpack has looked at and addressed this situation brought to light by the 'Jondalar fix'. And it is done without adding in new text.
Spoiler

3) Gnoll Stronghold - Kill a gnoll and you get 34 exp. Kill an elite gnoll and you get 10 exp.

Depends on what file was used for the Gnoll Elite. In BG:ToTSC they give 65 exp, but if BGT used one of the BG2 versions of the Gnoll Elite instead they give 10 or 35 exp. It is also possible that a mod adjusted the values. However, I didn't see any in your list that I know affect monster exp.
BG2 Gnoll Elite files are: gnollsu.cre (35 exp), gnleli01.cre (10 exp)
BG1 Gnoll Elite files are: gnoll_a.cre (65 exp), gnollsu.cre (0 exp & an unused file)
BGT has all three files with gnollsu.cre being the BG2 version. according to the files I have the gnoll_a version with 65 exp should be the one being used in BGT. If not, something has modified the files.

5) Magic rings work before they are identified.

I believe only abilities get blocked when the bit for lore required to use is set. Equipped effects still take place. That's been my experience even in the unmodified games.

as for the other stuff, I can't say.

My working mods:
an AI Party Script for BG2 game engine DOWNLOAD LINK ONLY!
Interactive Tweaks for BG series with some IWD support. DOWNLOAD LINK ONLY!
Rest For 8 Hours an IWD mod
-------------------------------------------
My contributions: BG1Fixpack, BG1Tweaks
On Hold: Solestia an NPC for SOA
My website: http://sasha-altheri...s.com/index.htm

#3 tomkaz

tomkaz
  • 992 posts

Donator

Posted 09 May 2012 - 07:34 AM

Part 2 of my journey through Baldur's Gate.

This covers an area bounded by North Sword Coast, Friendly Arms Inn, Nashkell Mines, and Gnoll Stronghold. These are mostly the areas in the original Baldur's Gate.

Here are the minor bugs. None will cause the game to crash or interfere with the game. This is just informational for people who might be interested in these kind of things.

1) Albert and Rufie. The first time this occurred for me in over 20 times of playing this game. After you bring Rufie to Albert, Albert goes home But Rufie does not. Instead he attacks the group. Easy kill for 175 EXP.

2) Rare event. I encountered problems resting at inns. I mean just resting, not paying for a room. The game gives the message that you cannot rest here without a reason.

3) Single grizzly bears will not attack. They just let you kill them. Groups of four grizzly bears act normally and attack your group.

4) Rare event. Sound effects, like the opening of a chest, do not work.

5) After rescuing Brennan and bringing him the his mother, Ardruoine, he leaves but his mother does not. This is in the original Baldur's Gate game. I do not know if the original game was designed to be this way.

6) I always have the game set to rest until healed. Halfway through this section, something turned that off.

Tom

#4 Sasha Al'Therin

Sasha Al'Therin
  • Modder
  • 615 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 08:16 AM

5) After rescuing Brennan and bringing him the his mother, Ardruoine, he leaves but his mother does not. This is in the original Baldur's Gate game. I do not know if the original game was designed to be this way.

She does not leave in the original game.

1) Albert and Rufie. The first time this occurred for me in over 20 times of playing this game. After you bring Rufie to Albert, Albert goes home But Rufie does not. Instead he attacks the group. Easy kill for 175 EXP.

I encountered this issue too and on my first try of a BGT game. Its due to how Rufie is scripted/designed. He's not chagned from the original game (where I never noticed this problem) but I guess in the BG2 engine under certain circumstances it can behave this way. Tossed it in with a report to UB about other related things... http://forums.pocket...ic,28117.0.html

My working mods:
an AI Party Script for BG2 game engine DOWNLOAD LINK ONLY!
Interactive Tweaks for BG series with some IWD support. DOWNLOAD LINK ONLY!
Rest For 8 Hours an IWD mod
My contributions: BG1Fixpack, BG1Tweaks
On Hold: Solestia an NPC for SOA
My website: http://sasha-altheri...s.com/index.htm

#5 tomkaz

tomkaz
  • 992 posts

Donator

Posted 12 May 2012 - 02:35 PM

Part 3 of my Journey

Bone Hill Part 1 has been completed. Nice story line, but you need to follow it or some of the conversations get messed up. Stores have useful items and are the only ones in Baldur's Gate that buy magical bolts. Something that should be fixed in all of Baldur's Gate.

1) Bald Hill. There were problems saving the game. I needed to rapidly press Q key at least 8 times to get it to save. The message said i could not save, but did not give a reason.

2) Bald Hill---The North of Restenford marker is north of the true exit.
3) Reddy Forest--- he Bone Hill marker does not work. Use any place on the south side of the area to get there.
4) Bone Hill---The Tri-Top marker is south of the true exit.
5) Bone Hill---The Reddy Forest marker is east of the true exit.
6) I do not understand Volcifar. You talk with him. He goes to Bone Hill. You find him dead at the entrance. What is his purpose in the game?
7) After Ravella takes you to the graveyard, you know Bomarc is dead. To finish the game smoothly, you cannot acknowledge this in further conversations. If you do, it gets a bit messed up, but you can finish the game.
8) Once upon a time you could attack and kill Sir Billybob. I did just to find out what equipment he had. Some very nice stuff, but I never figured a way of getting it from him. Then I would go back and continue the game without killing him. Now he is godlike. In my opinion, this kind of messes up the plot. For if Sir Billybob is godlike, why does Pelter need you and your group? I do not recommend killing Sir Billybob. If you could, I would expect some severe punishment. Perhaps loss of Reputation (down to 3), loss of all gold, and loss of all equipment. Then sent back to the temple. That would be interesting. After all Sir Billybob was very popular in Restenford. Now I will have to see if Pelter can be killed.

8) Hobgoblins and poison arrows. This is not something that is unique to Bone Hill, but it significantly increased in Bone Hill. When I get attacked by groups of hobgoblins, the archers usually go after Dynaheir. Almost all the time she gets hit with an arrow, she gets poisoned by it. In Bone Hill, this happened near 100% of the time. You never find any poison arrows in their treasure. How do hobgoblins poison her or anyone else? Why do the archers almost always attack Dynaheir? Many times there are other party members who would be much better targets as they are much closer to the hobgoblin archers .

Next update after the bandits are vanquished.

Tom

#6 tomkaz

tomkaz
  • 992 posts

Donator

Posted 18 May 2012 - 02:58 PM

All the Baldur's Gate areas south of the Friendly Arms Inn (except Cloakwood) and the Bandit Camp are finished.

Even with the problems saving the game and resting. you should be able to get through these areas. Make sure you bring healing potions and healing scrolls.

1) Dragon's Run - Just a reminder that you need to get Samuel to Friendly Arms Inn quickly, else you have a dead Samuel.
2) Southern Wastelands - Problems saving game - need to rapidly press Q key several times to save.
3) Southern Wastelands - Problems with resting - need to rapidly press Rest Icon several times to rest.
4) Southern Wastelands - First time this happened. I cannot find the person who gives you the +2 dagger for the Revenant.
5) General - Due to the timing of random encounters, sending my lead character on ahead into area of random encounters to get the monsters to spawn before the party is caught in the middle of the monster group.
6) Seems like every monster group now attacks Dynaheir leaving the rest of my party alone.
7) Ulcaster School - The orcs are much more powerful than normal Baldur's Gate orcs.
8) Ulcaster School Basement - Impossible to save game. Just get the message "You cannot save at this time."
9) Ulcaster School Basement - Impossible to rest. Just get the message "You may not rest at this time."
10) Basilisk Monument - Same problem resting as Southern Wasteland.
11) Basilisk Monument - In the north section, I had a random encounter with six adult basilisks. With the error of timing of the appearance of random monsters in random encounters, it turned out my group was caught in the middle of the six basilisks when they appeared. Three were stoned. Two were stoned and killed. Fortunately my lead character was protected from petrification at this time, so he killed all six. A major problem is that you cannot take dead bodies to a temple for resurrection and stone to flesh spells. You need to bring the resurrection spells to them. I bought a resurrection spell (temples only have one each) . I used the resurrection scroll, then a stone to flesh scroll on my cleric. With lots of resting, she cured the rest of the group. Saver your game frequently.
12) Peldvale - Ted does not leave to see his family. I think the conversation is too rigid. This happens if one answer is not in the proper sequence.

On to Cloakwood,

Tom

I hope this looks OK as I am having problems with the SHS editor.

Edited by tomkaz, 18 May 2012 - 03:06 PM.

#7 tomkaz

tomkaz
  • 992 posts

Donator

Posted 25 May 2012 - 09:22 AM

This update includes Cloakwood, DSotSC, and Section. Remember this applies to the game listed in the first post of this topic.

1) Cloakwood 3 - Two Eldoths. One in Crossroads and one in Cloakwood 3. I used CTRL-Y on the one in Cloakwood 3.
2) Cloakwood Mines - Wendell attacks, but only 1 of 3 Druids attack.
3) Crossroads - Davenport attacks, but only 1 of 3 Section Elites attack.
4) Unnamed area - The Dark One is very easy to kill. No fun anymore. Would like the original Dark One back.
5) Section - Lowest Level - Only half attack. The others will fight after being attacked
6) Dragon's Run - After killing the dragon, pressing the map key freezes the game. Need to press [ESC] to unfreeze the game. Eventually the game fixed itself.
7) Nashkell Pass - From Aurora - Cave with Goblins - Treasure is a Pile of Bones, Knight's Shield, and Tattered Note. Is this it? Is there more? It seems I am missing something that would go with this fight.
8) Nashkell Pass - Otto's Nephew Quest - Area DSC023 - Venom Bullets disappear on resting. May need to be on another area for this to happen.
9) Nashkell Pass - Otto's Nephew Quest - Area DSC029 - There is a Duergar Skeletal Conjurer in the center. He creates Skeleton Warriors which usually attack you. This time they did not attack but stayed in a close knit group around the Duergar Skeletal Conjurer. No challenge to this as they were very easy to kill.
10) Nashkell Pass - Otto's Nephew Quest - Area DSC029 - Got more Venom Bullets from Duergar Skeletal Conjurer. Also disappeared on resting. May need to be on another area for this to happen.
11) Drowcraft bolts in your Quiver slots turn to Adamantine dust in sunlight. Drowcraft bolts in your Inventory slots do not. I did not have any other Drowcraft stuff so I do not know how they react.

In general, occasionally there are no fight sounds and other similar sounds such as opening chests. Also rarely losing the stereo effect as sound is heard only from from side.

On to South of Wyrm's Crossing, Baldur's Gate, NTotSC.

Tom

#8 William Imm

William Imm

Obsessive Penguin Lover

• 486 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 10:34 AM

Can you please stop making lists using 1), 2), etc? When you have a 8th section, it gets rendered as a emoticon, so use lists like 1., 2. instead.
At this point, I'm not really doing much Baldur's Gate related. More focused on Skyrim modding and the Born of Legend tabletop roleplaying game. Don't expect much activity here.

#9 tomkaz

tomkaz
  • 992 posts

Donator

Posted 25 May 2012 - 02:59 PM

Hi William:

Thanks for the tip. There also is another option. If you go into more reply options, you can turn off having emoticons show. At my age, I keep forgetting about this problem. But I will make a note about using the number eight with ")" and switch to using "8."

Thanks again,

Tom

#10 -tomkaz-

-tomkaz-

Posted 01 June 2012 - 04:02 PM

Continuing with my trip through BGT/Baldur's Gate.

1..Bridge to Baldur's Gate - Farmer - Warns about pollution. Is there any more to this?
2..Bridge to Baldur's Gate - Jhaeros Auglathla - Only he attacks. The four others turn red
and fight after you attack them.
3..Durlag's Tower - Lower Level 2 - Room with the switches to open all doors - Imoen finds
and disarms the trap that exits this room, but still takes 51 hit points of damage.
4..Durlag's Tower - Lower Level 2 - Stairs near Kiel's bedroom - You can set off the trap
more than once. In my game, each time the trap is sprung, that creates 3 Skeleton Warriors
for 4000 EXP each. I cannot detect any trap with Imoen, Find Traps = 190.
5..***MAJOR BUG*** - Durlag's Tower - Lower Level 3 - Dynaheir tells of the Magic swirl around
the group, but you do not teleport to the chess board. Checked the Global DMWWFissionBurn.
It does not exist. Used CLUAConsole:SetGlobal:("DMWWFissionBurn","GLOBAL",1). I have been
playing this game the same way since about 1995. This is the first time this has happened to
me. I suspect someone "balanced" this mod and other mods in TotSC as many monsters are much
more difficult than in previous games I played.
6..Drizzt - Dragon Caves - Goblins have range weapons (darts?) but you never find any darts
in their treasure.
7..Finished Drizzt's quest. Killed them all. The fewer the members in my party, the easier
the final fight was for me. Back to Ulgoth's Beard. Many Problems with the Drizzt Saga mod. These have been previously documented.
8..Since I entered Baldur's Gate, get the BSOD occasionally. Not reproducible as it
happens at random times. I also lose the Auto-Save game. Never happens except when I am
playing this game.
Note: You need to go to the Counting House to get the sea charts. So you need to get
poisoned and finish that first. During that quest, I recovered the dead boy from the Water
Queen and finished the Section quest.
9..Duplicate treasure in the Counting House on first entry.
10..Section House - Top Floor - Only 2 attack group - This is a continuing problem with most
enemies. Except for the main enemy, most stay blue and wait for you to attack them.
11..Ulgoth's Beard - Selaad Gan's house - After the mod is done, you can re-enter the house
and Baresh will be there and alive. Kill him again for another 1800 exp. You can do this as
many times as you want. I stumbled on this because I forgot to open the chest.
12..After I got into Ulgoth's Beard, map key does not work. If you click on the map key, it
opens the level you are on. But you cannot expand the map to see the entire world. You need
to use the <ESC> key to return to the game. Oops, the map key is now working again again.
13..Isle of Pleasure (AR9PBA). Kill any sirine, including Krestian's friends, and there is
no penalty. Get easy experience and treasure.
14..Two Shaellas. One in front of Sorcerous Sundries and the other in the Blade and Stars.

From past games:

15..Sonner and friends turn hostile (red circles). If you kill them, your reputation drops. I played the game differently this time so they were gone when I got back to their area.

On to Baldur's Gate and NSotSC.

Tom

#11 Beleg33

Beleg33

AKA Adanedhel on G3

• 521 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 04:17 PM

2..Bridge to Baldur's Gate - Jhaeros Auglathla - Only he attacks. The four others turn red
and fight after you attack them.

I've had this before, from DarkHorizons I think.

3..Durlag's Tower - Lower Level 2 - Room with the switches to open all doors - Imoen finds
and disarms the trap that exits this room, but still takes 51 hit points of damage.

That trap bug is in vanilla game.

5..***MAJOR BUG*** - Durlag's Tower - Lower Level 3 - Dynaheir tells of the Magic swirl around
the group, but you do not teleport to the chess board. Checked the Global DMWWFissionBurn.
It does not exist. Used CLUAConsole:SetGlobal:("DMWWFissionBurn","GLOBAL",1). I have been
playing this game the same way since about 1995. This is the first time this has happened to
me. I suspect someone "balanced" this mod and other mods in TotSC as many monsters are much

more difficult than in previous games I played.

You need to kill the Fission Slime with fire, didn't your npcs banter about it when you entered the cave?
Random spambot #8434678 said :

you should liquor multiplying great deal supplment your to office apparel predicated copy may possibly be an go through check out this behave as more busy den has an interest in pc

#12 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 07:21 PM

This might get more response if you try to identify the precise mods responsible (using weidu --change-log and such techniques as explained in the pinned Megamod FAQ). You should be able to narrow down the culprits as explained there, otherwise it's very hard to guess what may be causing the issues.

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
================================================================
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#13 tomkaz

tomkaz
  • 992 posts

Donator

Posted 02 June 2012 - 08:40 AM

Hi Beleg33. Hi Miloch. Thanks for your comments.

I killed the Fission Slime with Fireballs, just as I always had done in past games. In fact I had tried this three different times, with variations in the order, that I went into the Fission Slime area. Each time the result was the same when it was time to go to the Chess Board. This time there was only one Fission Slime. In the past there were two. The only major difference in this Tactic mega mod game was that I used 3 or 4 updated Tactic versions of mods and dropped all Expert mods and Expert components. But other than that, the ~180 mod choices were about the same as in past games that crashed when I get to the Shadows of Amn portion of the Trilogy.

My game has been biffed and I have used BWP Cleanup.bat on it. The last time I tried to trace things I ended up with a mess. When I have completed the Trilogy, I plan to investigate the tools that are available. Presently, I am just a player.

The purpose of this post is to alert other players and modders of the bugs that occur and what to expect. These usually do not cause the game to crash. The exception to that was the Fission Slime problem which was new to me. I believe many of these problems occur when the game or mods are "balanced". By the time I post here, I have completed these sections and moved on.

Tom

#14 maximus2001

maximus2001
  • 525 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 10:42 AM

Yes I had that same problem. It is fixed by doing what you did with the global. It is from SCS1, the slimes are replaced with DW# slimes (that's David Wallace the mod maestro), and so the game doesn't recognize that you finished the slime room.

I haven't seen your weidu log, but I think you have the same tactics install. I suspect you may have a few issues in BG2 as well, but that's just par for the course. As long as the bugs are minor, not game breaking like the ones I encounter now after playing for six weeks, aggghh.

#15 tomkaz

tomkaz
  • 992 posts

Donator

Posted 02 June 2012 - 09:20 PM

Hi maximus2001. Thanks for the comment.

I am a little groggy right now. Meds for severe arthritis pain in my lower back. I have looked through the BiG World Project V11.1 English PDF and the two readme files that came with SCS. I did not locate the component that changes the slimes. I will try again tomorrow after a long sleep.

My WeiDU.log file is in the initial post of this topic. I left out all Expert mods and components this time. From other comments, I suspect they were my major problem when I get into Shadows of Amn.

Tom

#16 tomkaz

tomkaz
  • 992 posts

Donator

Posted 06 June 2012 - 03:15 PM

Baldur's Gate
This includes Stone of Askavar; The Grey Clan Episode; Minor Baldur's Gate Quests; Northern Citadel; Temple of the Black Hand; BoneHill Part 2. For the most part, these mods are error free.

1..Stone of Askavar - Peleria's White Robe of the Spider - Cannot be used by any mage even though it is for all mages.
2..Stone of Askavar - Cearwin tells you to go to the Wood of Sharp Teeth. Actually you go to the Bandit Camp.
3..Baldur's Gate - Cordyr, a friendly fisherman who has problems with sirines. He is found in a house NE of Harbormaster's Building. There is no real conversation about his problems while he is in the house. I did not meet him elsewhere. I think his encounter was replaced by the encounter with Nadalin and meeting him is a leftover from that change.
4..Northern Citadel - Final fight - There are lots of traps that you cannot detect. But, only the ones that HOLD you seem to work. There was no damage from the other traps.
5..CRASH - Iron Throne - bgmain v2.5.0.2 Mod Name ??? - offset 0055be3c
6..BoneHill 2 - Fabio - When you arrive in Restenford, you need to use create creature to get him in the game. Use CLUAConsole:CreateCreature("bhfabio"). Fabio is in the Tavern of the West Wind. You could get him into your group and take him with you to talk with Pelltar. I have not tried this, but this may work too.
7..BoneHill Part 2 - Difficult to enter Abraham's tavern. You need to get the cursor in just the right spot on the doorstep to go inside..
8..Crash - BoneHill Part 2 - BSOD exiting Abraham's tavern - cmaudio.sys - Address BA54C342 - base at BA524000 - DateStamp 3dd89c0b - Lost Auto-Save game.
9..Crash - BoneHill Part 2 - BSOD exiting Osprem's/Xerbo's rectory - cmaudio.sys - Address BA537ABF - base at BA524000 - DateStamp 3dd89c0b - No saved games lost.
10..Crash - BoneHill Part 2 - Krak's store - bgmain v2.5.0.2 - Mod Name tobex.dll - Mod Ver 0.24.4.24 - offset 0055be3c - Reproducible. Happened 2 of 3 times. Occurs after Krak smells you and turns red.
11..Crash - BoneHill Part 2 - BSOD exiting Quenex's home after telling him about the lizard men. - No technical information. - No saved games lost.
12..BoneHill Part 2 - You need to ask Quenex a question to get exp for killing the lizard men.

Lots of crashes with BoneHill Part 2. When you reboot give your computer time to load everything before you start the game. In a few instances, it took a while to load TobEX so the black DOS window will be there for a while.

BoneHill Part 2 is a good story line, but easy to get out of sink with it. Save often and save a few copies at various points in the game. The saves will help you get back to the story line.

Now to finish NTotSC and End Game.

Tom

#17 10th

10th
  • 621 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 06:10 PM

3. Is actually original game content. Reputation has to be below 15 to get him to talk. The reward also depends on reputation.

10th
Avast! You cannot defeat our titan-mounted submarine staffed by cannibal vikings! - Nodwick

"I grab his deceased spirit and piledrive it back into his body, duplicating raise dead." - Psyren Oots board

#18 tomkaz

tomkaz
  • 992 posts

Donator

Posted 07 June 2012 - 04:36 AM

Hi 10th.

Thanks for the answer. By the time I get to Cordyr, my reputation is always 20. So I will never play this part unless I modify that. Maybe I could try that in this game?

Tom

#19 10th

10th
  • 621 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 07:33 AM

If you have BG1NPC's Bardic Reputation Adjustment installed go to the next inn and speak to the Volo lookalike there (Friendly Arm has one), if you want to avoid killing innocents.

10th
Avast! You cannot defeat our titan-mounted submarine staffed by cannibal vikings! - Nodwick

"I grab his deceased spirit and piledrive it back into his body, duplicating raise dead." - Psyren Oots board

#20 tomkaz

tomkaz
  • 992 posts

Donator

Posted 07 June 2012 - 06:46 PM

Hi 10th.

From Baldur's Gate Official Strategy Guide by William H. Keith, Jr. and Nina Barton.

From page 162.

"Cordyr
Subplot: Cordyr
Experience Points: 1000

If the party has low or medium reputation, Cordyr will ask the group to kill some sirines. If they return to him and Sil is dead, he'll give them either a Scroll of Haste or a Scroll of Flame Arrow, depending on their reputation.

NOTE: Sil can be found in AR3600 (in BGT AR8500) and may have been already encountered by the group in Chapter Three."

From page 158:

"Sil: A sirine in AR3600(in BGT AR8500). She and fellow sirines will attack 10 seconds after they warn the party to leave their territory."

In the mega mod game I have, Sil is in the group of three sirines that tell you about the treasure hunters that are killing sirines. Once you kill the treasure hunters and tell Sil about that, she lets you in the cave and disappears from the game. So I can never kill Sil and complete the quest for Cordyr. Maybe for fun, I will try to get her with CreateCreature if can locate her code.

Tom