• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 ilot

ilot
  • 574 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 02:10 PM

Hi :)

I need yours help.....

I got a CTD (my video become "black") when I go in AR0709 (Den of the Seven Vales) and then come back in AR709 (Den of the Seven Vales 1nd Floor) and/or viceversa.

Here is my Baldur.err, ToBex.log and WeiduLog

Attached Files

Edited by ilot, 14 September 2012 - 02:13 PM.

Italian mods tanslator!!!!

#2 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 02:01 AM

Could you please open the ARE files in NearInfinity and try CLUAConsole:CreateCreature()ing all the ACTORS one by one? :P Also... It might also help to attach/paste the AR0709.bcs and AR0712.bcs (hopefully in spoilers :))

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#3 ilot

ilot
  • 574 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 02:46 AM

Hi Lollorian :)

I noticed that: everytime I beat Amon of the Purple Brotherhood (sevpat02.cre) who is the mage with Pooky and Mencar and Brennan and Smaeluv in the Den of 7 Vales 1st floor I got CTD, Using Ctrl+y is the same effect...CTD!!!

If I summon sevpat02.cre in another area and I kill him I NOT CTD!!

Can't find a way around :crying:

Pheraps the creatures in AR0712 are changed from the Revised Battles mod

I attached tobex_dlg.log and BCS files of AR0709, AR0712 and SEVPAT02

Attached Files

Edited by ilot, 15 September 2012 - 02:53 AM.

#4 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 03:03 AM

I have a theory but I dunno how to properly go about trying to prove it :P My guess is this block...
IF
   Global("DeSpawnItem","AR0712",0)
   Exists("sevpat02")
THEN
   RESPONSE #100
	  GiveItemCreate("DeITM028","sevpat02",0,0,0) // Yalla
	  ActionOverride("sevpat02",FillSlot(SLOT_WEAPON))
	  ActionOverride("sevpat02",SelectWeaponAbility(SLOT_WEAPON,0))
	  Continue()
END
in AR0712.BCS is the culprit :P Could you please delete that block and save the BCS, then load a save before entering that area and try the fight again?

Also, if possible attach your SEVPAT02.CRE please :D

Edited by Lollorian, 15 September 2012 - 03:06 AM.

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

#5 ilot

ilot
  • 574 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 03:28 AM

I have a theory but I dunno how to properly go about trying to prove it :P My guess is this block...

IF
   Exists("sevpat02")
THEN
   RESPONSE #100
	  GiveItemCreate("DeITM028","sevpat02",0,0,0) // Yalla
	  ActionOverride("sevpat02",FillSlot(SLOT_WEAPON))
	  Continue()
END
in AR0712.BCS is the culprit :P Could you please delete that block and save the BCS, then load a save before entering that area and try the fight again?

Done and you are right, now it work well!!!!!!!!

I'm not a modder but I would like to know because why it is need delete that block!!

Also, if possible attach your SEVPAT02.CRE please :D

Done, you can download it in the my post up :)

Edited by ilot, 15 September 2012 - 03:52 AM.

#6 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 03:40 AM

Nice :cheers: I meant the CRE file btw, not the BCS :P This guy's inventory needs to be checked...

#7 ilot

ilot
  • 574 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 03:50 AM

Nice :cheers: I meant the CRE file btw, not the BCS :P This guy's inventory needs to be checked...

Oh, pardon Here is the CRE file!!!

I would like to know why it is need delete that block and if the item called Yalla "Deitm028.itm" is usefull or no...

Thank you again :new_thumbs:

Attached Files

#8 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 04:52 AM

What happened boggles my mind :blink: But I'll try to make sense...

1. Amon has STAF11 equipped and STAF02 in his inventory
2. After that block runs, Amon equips DEITM028... and somehow gets 2 STAF11's in his inventory :o (Staff of the Magi)

Removing STAF02 from his inventory fixed the bug... And it seems like BPv180 added that STAF02 while Revised Battles adds the STAF11! The problem is that neither mod checks whether has a shield equipped before giving him the staff, which means Amon could've ended up with a 2-handed weapon and a shield :unsure:

Thing is... Amon doesn't have a shield :blink: And what's with him getting 2 STAFF11's? :o

Anyway, changing that block to be similar to the other 2 Mencar guys actually fixes this :cheers: Not the most ideal solution because Amon doesn't use this item if some mod replaced his weapons, but atleast it won't crash ^_^
IF
   Exists("sevpat02")
THEN
   RESPONSE #100
	  TakeItemReplace("DeITM028","STAF01","sevpat02") // Yalla
	  Continue()
END

Attached Files

#9 ilot

ilot
  • 574 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 07:15 AM

I tried, and using Near Infinity, in AR0712.BCS I replaced the following block:

IF
Global("DeSpawnItem","AR0712",0) Exists("sevpat02")
THEN
RESPONSE
#100 GiveItemCreate("DeITM028","sevpat02",0,0,0) // Yalla ActionOverride("sevpat02",FillSlot(SLOT_WEAPON)) ActionOverride("sevpat02",SelectWeaponAbility(SLOT_WEAPON,0)) Continue()
END

with the following block:

IF
Global("DeSpawnItem","AR0712",0) Exists("sevpat02")
THEN
RESPONSE
#100 TakeItemReplace("DeITM028","STAF01","sevpat02") // Yalla ActionOverride("sevpat02",SelectWeaponAbility(SLOT_WEAPON,0)) Continue()
END

and work well for now!!

A last thing, what do you mean: "Amon doesn't use this item if some mod replaced his weapons"???

Thank you Lollorian

#10 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 07:57 AM

I meant he won't equip DeITM028 to use in battle unless he's already equipped STAF01 (Quarterstaff) which he does in the vanilla game...

If some mod replaces STAF01 with something else, DeITM028 gets added to the inventory so you can still get it from his cold dead corpse :devil:

#11 ilot

ilot
  • 574 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 09:46 AM

Thanks Lollorian :cheers: :Bow: :new_thumbs: :clap: :D

#12 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 02:44 PM

Could you please open the ARE files in NearInfinity and try CLUAConsole:CreateCreature()ing all the ACTORS one by one?

Tsk, tsk. And you should know that Area CRE Checker does that automatically by now (I think you've even recommended it elsewhere yourself...).

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
================================================================
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle