Photo

BiG World Setup (an attempt to update the program)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5286 replies to this topic

#2261 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 06 January 2016 - 03:45 AM

vGur, you make a valid point about the bard song switching mod's RR compatibility. I will mark that component Expert (because it is outdated) and make the conflict warning ignorable.

BiG World Fixpack (community collection of mod fixes and compatibility patches, with user-friendly cross-platform script)

BiG World Setup (tool to automate best-practice installation of Infinity Engine mods on Windows, with conflict analysis)

Latest version:    https://bitbucket.or.../get/master.zip

#2262 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 06 January 2016 - 03:46 AM

My view is the same as Roxanne's about the teleport mod. If you make a mistake, the bad consequences will not necessarily be obvious until later in the game, making it difficult to debug.

Roxanne, is the Vault mod similarly problematic?

No. The Vault is restricted to BG1 part of BGT, while teleport and also Sandrah's teleport-like features do not appear until mid BG2 part.

Additionally, Sandrah is fully integrated with The Vault, having crossmod contents and all.

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

#2263 Ser Elryk

Ser Elryk
  • 157 posts

Posted 06 January 2016 - 03:49 AM

agb1, all spells from what I can tell. I cast every spell I could at the moment with Jaheira, Viconia, and Branwen. Male voice every time.

#2264 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 06 January 2016 - 04:28 AM

About the spell casting voice issue. If it affects the spell casting "chant" sounds then I think it is a problem either with the "chant" sound files being replaced or with the .cre files (like imoen#.cre) being tweaked to point to the wrong voice set. The spells (.spl files) themselves are probably fine.

Offhand I don't know exactly which .cre files to check for a BGEE game. I would start with using EEKeeper and Near Infinity to look into your savegame file, checking the assigned voice set for the NPCs. Then I would use "weidu.exe --log nul --change-log ABC.cre" (replace ABC with a .cre exhibiting the problematic setting -- if any) to find out which mods tweaked that file. Then I would check the copies of the file in each of those mods' backup folders to see which one is responsible.

Edit: As I mentioned earlier it could also be the chant sound files themselves were replaced. This actually seems more likely since it is affecting multiple NPCs. I don't know the name of the sound files but you can look in the Infinity Sounds mod and then run weidu --change-log on some of those sound files to see if anything else touched them using WeiDU.

Edited by agb1, 06 January 2016 - 04:32 AM.

BiG World Fixpack (community collection of mod fixes and compatibility patches, with user-friendly cross-platform script)

BiG World Setup (tool to automate best-practice installation of Infinity Engine mods on Windows, with conflict analysis)

#2265 Ser Elryk

Ser Elryk
  • 157 posts

Posted 06 January 2016 - 04:53 AM

agb1, isn't the Infinity Sounds mod only on vanilla/BGT installs?

Also I don't know how to run weidu --changelog, nor would I know what to look for, or where to look for it in Near Infinity/EEKeeper =/

EDIT: To clarify: I meant I don't know how to identify an NPC's assigned voice set in NI/EEKeeper.

Edited by Ser Elryk, 06 January 2016 - 05:10 AM.

#2266 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 06 January 2016 - 05:02 AM

Also I don't know how to run weidu --changelog, nor would I know what to look for, or where to look for it in Near Infinity/EEKeeper =/
There's a FAQ for the Megamods for this kinds of questions with an answer. NI/EEKeeper, nope. Of course the answer is really old, so the attached file in the post has way out dated weidu.exe in it.
Then I would use "weidu.exe --log nul --change-log ABC.cre"
Why disable half of the usability of the thing when you should take everything it can give you, with this command, if ran in a .bat:
 mkdir change-log
WeiDU.exe --log nul --change-log abc.cre >change-log/change-log.txt --out change-log 
???

Edited by The Imp, 06 January 2016 - 05:03 AM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#2267 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 06 January 2016 - 05:26 AM

Use Imp's version - it's better.  I just checked Imoen with EEKeeper and Near Infinity and it doesn't show a voice set, so I guess it's just determined by the creature's race and gender ?

Look for .wav files in your override or in your generalized biffing backup folders with names CAS_*.wav or CHA_**.wav.

#2268 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 06 January 2016 - 05:32 AM

* BGT:  IWD Bard Song Switching component #1 moved to Expert and conflict warning added vs. Rogue Rebalancing #4 and #5 -- replaces RR Bard kits with outdated versions
* BG1EE. BG2EE:  BPSeries AI and BP moved to Expert until missing IDS entries (WIZARD_REMOVE_MAGIC [caused by Wheels of Prophecy?] and STATE_DISEASED_FIX [needs analysis]) are resolved

#2269 Ser Elryk

Ser Elryk
  • 157 posts

Posted 06 January 2016 - 05:43 AM

I'm sorry for the frustration, but for whatever reason running weidu --changelog seems to be beyond me.

There are no .wav files in either my override or in my generalized biffing backup folders. I can find .wavs with NI easy enough, though.

EDIT: Actually, nvm. I finally figured out how to run weidu --changelog XD

Edited by Ser Elryk, 06 January 2016 - 05:49 AM.

#2270 Ser Elryk

Ser Elryk
  • 157 posts

Posted 06 January 2016 - 05:55 AM

I ran a Changelog on Branwen and it just said:

Mods affecting BRANWE.CRE:
00000: ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ 0 4040 // Make party members less likely to die irreversibly: v30 BWP Fix
00001: /* acted upon in an indetectable manner */~GENERALIZED_BIFFING/GENERALIZED_BIFFING.TP2~ 0 0 // Generalized Biffing: v2.2 BWP Fix
00002: /* acted upon in an indetectable manner */~GENERALIZED_BIFFING/GENERALIZED_BIFFING.TP2~ 0 0 // Generalized Biffing: v2.2 BWP Fix

Then I ran a changelog on CHA_MP07.WAV since from what I can tell that's the wav that plays when the ladies cast Cure Light Wounds for example. But there was nothing under mods affecting it.

They're supposed to play CHA_FP07.WAV I believe, but I ran a check on that too and nothing showed up for it either.

Edited by Ser Elryk, 06 January 2016 - 05:59 AM.

#2271 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 06 January 2016 - 06:23 AM

I don't know how the game picks which sound files to play.  Branwen's gender hasn't changed to male when you look at her .CRE file in NI, right?

#2272 @vGur

@vGur
  • 121 posts

Posted 06 January 2016 - 06:25 AM

Another "need Help" post - As You decided to not allow Teleport with Sandrah, i still want to get rid of this limitation, as BWS FAQ said i need to change

; Sandrah NPC and Return to Faerun
Sandrah is not compatible=C:SandrahNPC(-):BG1NPCSoA(-)|SmilingImpCrossBanterMod(-)|dkdrizzt(-)|JA#BGT_AdvPack(1)|SharTeel(-)|Worgas(2):teleport(-)

I try to remove BG1NPCSoA (for only "Faldorn's new leaf" to get ability to destroy Trademeet :devil: , it seems to be compatible) & Teleport mods, but when i remove them, BWS don't run at all due to some GUI error or shows no BG2 in "insallation metod" menu, only BGEE & BG2EE  :WTF: :

; Sandrah NPC and Return to Faerun
Sandrah is not compatible=C:SandrahNPC(-):SmilingImpCrossBanterMod(-)|dkdrizzt(-)|JA#BGT_AdvPack(1)|SharTeel(-)|Worgas(2)

The same goes to 1pp conflict with IA "more BG1 avatars on NPCs" (8000-8030) components. If there would be any CtD due to missing colorable Q-staffs animations for BG1 avatars i can easily fix it, already prepared code for this, just want to see on original mod behavior:

; Infinity Animations conflicts
1pp conflict with IA=C:1pp(203|204):infinityanimations(8000|8010|8020|8030|9500|9510|9520)

HELP!

Edited by @vGur, 06 January 2016 - 06:35 AM.

#2273 Ser Elryk

Ser Elryk
  • 157 posts

Posted 06 January 2016 - 06:32 AM

I don't know how the game picks which sound files to play.  Branwen's gender hasn't changed to male when you look at her .CRE file in NI, right?

Nope. Says female.

Edited by Ser Elryk, 06 January 2016 - 06:33 AM.

#2274 @vGur

@vGur
  • 121 posts

Posted 06 January 2016 - 06:54 AM

Previous problem with Game.ini edition is solved! Just used Programmer's notepad instead of windows notepad  :doh:

#2275 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 06 January 2016 - 08:23 AM

* RPG Kit Pack components that were moved to Expert due to bad offsets in spell files moved back to Maximized thanks to Lollorian's latest patch

* Updated Dark Side of Amn mod description to add "Warning: Highly incompatible with other mods because components overwrite files instead of patching. Installing any component of this mod will overwrite these original game spells: Blade Barrier, Protection from Magical Weapons and True Sight."

#2276 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 06 January 2016 - 09:26 AM

Testing today's commit 77b68e7 on BG2EE, tactical pre-selection.

ERROR: cannot convert rcp_prof_0 or %rcp_prof_0% to an integer

ERROR: [amtgen01.cre] -> [override] Patching Failed (COPY) (Not_found)
ERROR: Not_found
Randomise items -> Mode 2: Randomise with WeiDU. No items are lost (Item Randomiser) was not installed due to errors.

Mods affecting AMTGEN01.CRE:
00000: ~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ 0 11 // Improved Oasis II -> IO2 Dialogue & Combat Enhancement: v3.2
00001: ~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ 0 1030 // Store Revisions: V4 Beta 8
00002: ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ 0 6000 // Smarter general AI: v30 BWP Fix
00003: ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ 0 6102 // Potions for NPCs -> Half the potions dropped by slain enemies break and are lost: v30 BWP Fix
00004: ~BP/SETUP-BP.TP2~ 0 1800 // ToB Improvements: v181-b4611 BWP Fix
00005: ~DIFFTWEAK/DIFFTWEAK.TP2~ 0 29 // Tougher Enemies -> Add +1 Thac0/AC/Save
00006: ~EET_TWEAKS/EET_TWEAKS.TP2~ 0 7 // Adjust XP for killing creatures: 1.0
00007: /* acted upon in an indetectable manner */~GENERALIZED_BIFFING/GENERALIZED_BIFFING.TP2~ 0 0 // Generalized Biffing: v2.2 BWP Fix
00008: /* acted upon in an indetectable manner */~GENERALIZED_BIFFING/GENERALIZED_BIFFING.TP2~ 0 0 // Generalized Biffing: v2.2 BWP Fix

This one has me puzzled.  I do not see 'rcp_prof_0' in randomiser\lib\macros.tpa ... although I do see statements like $rcp_prof("%some-variable-here%") ... does WeiDU convert $a(z) expressions into $a_z?

#2277 Greenhorn

Greenhorn
  • 720 posts

Posted 06 January 2016 - 10:54 AM

Nothing serious about this :

BGTTweak comp. 8

1. Import more items into Shadows of Amn: This tweak allows the importation of the following items from Baldur’s Gate and Tales of the Sword Coast to Shadows of Amn - Greenstone Amulet, Wand of the Heavens, Ring of Protection +2, Cloak of Protection +2, Gauntlets of Weapon Expertise, Eagle Bow, Shadow Armor, Boots of Stealth, Bracers of Archery, Gauntlets of Dexterity, Light Crossbow of Speed, Ankheg Plate Mail, Cloak of Non-Detection, Ring of Wizardry, Full Plate Mail +1, Gauntlets of Ogre Power, Ring of Holiness, Cloak of Balduran, Ring of Fire Resistance, and Ring of Freedom. Please note that importation of these items WILL VERY LIKELY make Shadows of Amn much easier than usual, and as such installation of this component can be considered a cheat.

and this: 

Baldurs Gate 2 Shadows of Amn Item Import Mod

Items imported are:

Greenstone Amulet, Wand of the Heavens, Ring of Protection +2, Cloak of Protection +2, Gauntlets of Weapon Expertise, Eagle Bow, Shadow Armor, Boots of Stealth, Bracers of Archery, Gauntlets of Dexterity, Light Crossbow of Speed, Ankheg Plate Mail, Cloak of Non-Detection, Ring of Wizardry, Full Plate Mail +1, Gauntlets of Ogre Power, Ring of Holiness, Cloak of Balduran, Ring of Fire Resistance, and Ring of Freedom.

but a little bit of warning about overlapping content would be nice.

#2278 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 06 January 2016 - 12:44 PM

Edit:  I was mistaken.  Although both mods use the same Globals, BGT Tweak #800 checks if each Global is 1 (party DID have the item in BG1) and if yes, creates a new copy of the item in BG2 and sets the Global to 2.  BG2 SOA Item Import #0 and #1 both check if each Global is 0 (party did NOT have the item in BG1) and if yes, create a copy of the item in BG2 and set the Global to 1.  So BG2SOA #0 or #1 will trigger BGT Tweak #800 to create an extra copy of each item that the party did NOT have in BG1, if I am reading this correctly.

* Added conflict rule for BGT Tweak #800 and BG2 SOA Item Import (any component) to avoid item duplication

Edited by agb1, 06 January 2016 - 01:09 PM.

#2279 Mike1072

Mike1072
  • Modder
  • 539 posts

Posted 06 January 2016 - 02:05 PM

This one has me puzzled.  I do not see 'rcp_prof_0' in randomiser\lib\macros.tpa ... although I do see statements like $rcp_prof("%some-variable-here%") ... does WeiDU convert $a(z) expressions into $a_z?

Yes, that's WeiDU's array construct. It's syntactic sugar.

#2280 Greenhorn

Greenhorn
  • 720 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 02:07 AM

Probably same things, possible duplication of content: 

Blood of the Martyr new spell

@0 = ~New Spell - Blood Of The Martyr~
@1 = ~Slay Living~
@2 = ~Candle~
@3 = ~Priestly Candle of Knowledge~
@4 = ~A Candle of Knowledge is simply burned and the user sits and inhales the fumes while meditating. From this the magical properties of the candle are realized and it allows one to gain access to prayers that was previously unattainable by the individual. These candles are generally only used by those associated with divine magics and can be specially restricted to particular types like Paladins, Rangers, Priests, or Druids.
This candle bestows the Priest and Paladin only Prayer called Blood of the Martyr.~
@5 = ~Blood of the Martyr~
@6 = ~Blood of the Martyr (Necromancy) 
Level: 6
Sphere: Combat
Range: Touch 
Duration: Special
Casting Time: 1 
Area of Effect: Creature touched
Saving Throw: Special

Upon casting this spell, the priest has to touch an opponent in order to visit the effect upon them. An item is created upon casting, the next attack made is with this item and the priest will then have 18 seconds in order to make this attack. If the first attack misses, then the item disappears and the spell is wasted, however if the attack succeeds then the victim automatically dies. Upon the creatures death, all Party members are fully healed.~

and component 3 of the Sorcerer's place item collection 

~Shadow Daemon's Spells Pack~
@117  = ~Blood of the Martyr~
@118  = ~Blood of the Martyr (Necromancy) 
Level: 6
Sphere: Combat
Range: Touch 
Duration: Special
Casting Time: 1 
Area of Effect: Creature touched
Saving Throw: Special

Upon casting this spell, the priest has to touch an opponent in order to visit the effect upon them.  An item is created upon casting, the next attack made is with this item and the priest will then have 18 seconds in order to make this attack.  If the first attack misses, then the item disappears and the spell is wasted, however if the attack succeeds then the victim automatically dies.  Upon the creatures death, all Party members are fully healed.~
@119  = ~Candle~
@120  = ~Priestly Candle of Knowledge~
@121  = ~A Candle of Knowledge is simply burned and the user sits and inhales the fumes while meditating. From this the magical properties of the candle are realized and it allows one to gain access to prayers that was previously unattainable by the individual. These candles are generally only used by those associated with divine magics and can be specially restricted to particular types like Paladins, Rangers, Priests, or Druids.
This candle bestows the Priest and Paladin only Prayer called Blood of the Martyr