Photo

BiG World Setup (an attempt to update the program)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5286 replies to this topic

#2781 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 08:58 AM

FinnJO's Subrace Mod component 2 reverted from Expert thanks to Lollorian's new patch; updated Wheels of Prophecy to v4 (new French translation); updated download links for Animus, Coondred, Crusader Pack, Full Plate and Packing Steel, Legion of Hell, Polytweak, Volcanic Armoury and Wheels of Prophecy thanks to Gay Lord

The auto-updating code has been revised but you'll have to download again to get it because the old code wasn't able to update itself...

BiG World Fixpack (community collection of mod fixes and compatibility patches, with user-friendly cross-platform script)

BiG World Setup (tool to automate best-practice installation of Infinity Engine mods on Windows, with conflict analysis)

Latest version:    https://bitbucket.or.../get/master.zip

#2782 Gay Lord

Gay Lord
  • 60 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 09:01 AM

FEATURE REQUEST

After BWS is finished downloading all the mods it can, have the DL screen include the DL links of the mods it couldn't DL.

Currently, I'll run BWS and it will DL many, but not all of the mods.  So I'll run it again to DL more, and keep doing this until most of the mods are DLd.  At this point BWS will indicate certain mods couldn't be DLd, and you have to DL them manually.  However, all it lists are mod names. I have to go Back, click to list the links of all the mods, which aren't sorted, click in the area and scroll up/down (since CTRL-A and PgUP and PgDN don't work), copy the text, paste the text in a text editor, then use the search feature to find each mod I'm missing in order to get the DL link for that mod, and repeat this search for every mod that's missing.  It's not terrible, but it is a hassle.

#2783 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 09:06 AM

FinnJO's Subrace Mod component 2 reverted from Expert thanks to Lollorian's new patch

It still overwrites the CRE files though... should still remain expert :P (but the note about the BGT intro bug can be removed)

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#2784 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 09:09 AM

FEATURE REQUEST

After BWS is finished downloading all the mods it can, have the DL screen include the DL links of the mods it couldn't DL.

Currently, I'll run BWS and it will DL many, but not all of the mods.  So I'll run it again to DL more, and keep doing this until most of the mods are DLd.  At this point BWS will indicate certain mods couldn't be DLd, and you have to DL them manually.  However, all it lists are mod names. I have to go Back, click to list the links of all the mods, which aren't sorted, click in the area and scroll up/down (since CTRL-A and PgUP and PgDN don't work), copy the text, paste the text in a text editor, then use the search feature to find each mod I'm missing in order to get the DL link for that mod, and repeat this search for every mod that's missing.  It's not terrible, but it is a hassle.

You should be able to click 'p'rovide and then 'd'ownload manully and it will open a browser for each one so you can manually download.  It then expects you to move the files to the BiG World Downloads folder before continuing.

BiG World Fixpack (community collection of mod fixes and compatibility patches, with user-friendly cross-platform script)

BiG World Setup (tool to automate best-practice installation of Infinity Engine mods on Windows, with conflict analysis)

#2785 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 09:12 AM

FinnJO's Subrace Mod component 2 reverted from Expert thanks to Lollorian's new patch

It still overwrites the CRE files though... should still remain expert :P (but the note about the BGT intro bug can be removed)

Thanks for correction.  Back to Expert it is.

#2786 Gay Lord

Gay Lord
  • 60 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 09:16 AM

Spoiler

This is the area I'm talking about.  It would be nice if links accompanied the names.

#2787 Gay Lord

Gay Lord
  • 60 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 09:25 AM

You should be able to click 'p'rovide and then 'd'ownload manully and it will open a browser for each one so you can manually download.

Well!  Huh.  How about that.  You're pretty powerful agb1, to be able to code a new feature instantly, and then teleport the code into my computer.  I mean, it's not like that feature was always there and I just didn't know how to use it.  :P

#2788 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 09:27 AM

It would be nice if links accompanied the names.

Feature has been implemented.

#2789 Gay Lord

Gay Lord
  • 60 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 10:24 AM

Those mediafire links are useless - they would be changed after few downloads to completely non-working links. No, you cannot get them from generated html - I've tried, it worked and then site detect it and enable chapta. 

I suspected that might be the case, which is why I included the page links along with the DL links, so you guys can decide which to use.

BWS problem:

c99c5700137d

"The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect."

Won't load.

#2790 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 10:57 AM

I made some mistakes again in the auto-update code, it seems.  Please try again with latest.

#2791 Gay Lord

Gay Lord
  • 60 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 11:49 AM

BWS 64f8dce8a995

No crash, no errors, no unlink messages.

The Darkest Day, which was also deselected along with Region of Terror in previous version, is now correctly(?) selected.

Possible tiny gui problem with BWS

Spoiler

CHARACTER-KITS - Oversight component 0007 is preselected as seen in image above, yet there's no dash in the Oversight box indicating a subcomponent has been chosen, as you can see with the Paladins of Faerun mod below it.

Is this intentional or a bug?

EDIT

Is it... an oversight?  :P

Edited by Gay Lord, 09 February 2016 - 11:51 AM.

#2792 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 12:16 PM

Yes, there seem to be some glitches in the code that updates the "status" of the parent checkboxes.  I haven't tracked them down yet.  It is visual only, not a functional problem.

Edited by agb1, 09 February 2016 - 12:17 PM.

#2793 Gay Lord

Gay Lord
  • 60 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 02:32 PM

Maximized selection, mod conflicts from preselections:

Spoiler

#2794 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 02:41 PM

Those are all "notices" (see the **) and not solved automatically because it's considered safe to combine those components, if you want, (by right-clicking and choosing "ignore") but we are showing that if you do combine them then there will be some "conceptual" conflict... for example, Spell Revisions modifies fiends and celestials and their respective summoning spells, so if you install aTweaks or PnP celestials also, you are losing some of Spell Revisions' changes.

#2795 Gay Lord

Gay Lord
  • 60 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 03:14 PM

Thanks Agb.

BWS is saying Big World Fixpack is missing from download folder.  I have the latest BWF master.zip, so I'm guessing BWS is looking for an older version?

#2796 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 03:26 PM

BWS is set to download the Fixpack again for every install now because I saw cases where a change was made but the size (which is how BWS checks for an update) didn't change because the net +/- worked out to zero.

#2797 Gay Lord

Gay Lord
  • 60 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 05:30 PM

How imperative is it to disconnect from the internet during installation?  I've disabled my security software (except firewall), so shouldn't that be enough?  Going several days without internet is brutal.

Also, if you recall. I wanted to change the rep penalty for pickpocketing  http://www.shsforums...ket-punishment/

How do I change the value during installation?

And again, thank you so much for all your time and help, and all the time and energy you're devoting to this project!!

#2798 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 05:34 PM

It isn't really necessary to disconnect -- I never do...  It is just a good security precaution when you've disabled protective software.
Also, if you recall. I wanted to change the rep penalty for pickpocketing  http://www.shsforums...ket-punishment/

How do I change the value during installation?

Right click on the mod and select "pause before installing" ... or more simply, choose "pause after extraction" on the tab just before you start the install ... and then edit the mod's files before letting BWS run the installer.

Edited by agb1, 09 February 2016 - 05:35 PM.

#2799 -Adibou-

-Adibou-

Posted 10 February 2016 - 02:06 PM

Excuse if I'm a bit out of topic but I seem not to find my answer. Is it possible to make an install with BWS and share it to another person so they only have to install the original games and then run BWS using whatever config file I would give them? In the purpose to play in a multyplayer game.

Thanks

#2800 -Fen-

-Fen-

Posted 10 February 2016 - 02:12 PM

I've tried to use BWS for IceWind Dale 1&2 as well as Planescape Torment. When I try to select mods an autoit error occurs. The issue seems to be how the widescreen mod is listed in select.txt. When "SUB;widescreen" is changed to "STD;widescreen" it seems to fix the problem.