Photo

BiG World Setup (an attempt to update the program)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5286 replies to this topic

#341 drakonnus

drakonnus
  • 15 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 05:18 PM

http://puu.sh/72PFd.png

BWS crashes whenever all languages are selected on expert, i want to download every mod that big world project has, for the sake of downloading it.

#342 Sir Slanac D'Onram

Sir Slanac D'Onram
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 05:50 PM

Hi all,

I´m trying a "tactic install". I got the following error.

C:\BWP14\BGII - SoA>

ERROR: [MTOWUB_A.cre] -> [override] Patching Failed (COPY) (Failure("Conflict in priority list."))
ERROR: Failure("Conflict in priority list.")
Enemy items shatter (BGT Tweak Pack (9 Feb 12)) was not installed due to errors.

You can try to repair the problem and start the installation of the component
again. In this case please select "retry" after the repair.

Could you have a look? If you need any files could you let me know their names and in wich folder are they located.

Thanks in advance.

After the error i continued the installation, it completed normally. I have been able to start a game. Should i expect any problems or will the game run properly.

Once again thanks.

and keep the great work.

Edited by Sir Slanac D'Onram, 19 February 2014 - 08:05 PM.

#343 Quiet

Quiet
  • 189 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 02:56 AM

ERROR: illegal 2-byte read from offset 1012322 of 8498-byte file SPWI317.SPL
ERROR: [SPWI317.SPL] -> [override/SPWI317.SPL] Patching Failed (COPY) (Failure("SPWI317.SPL: read out of bounds"))
ERROR: Failure("SPWI317.SPL: read out of bounds")
IWD Divine Spell Pack (IWDification) was not installed due to errors.

ERROR: illegal 2-byte read from offset 7154 of 7154-byte file SPWI317.SPL
ERROR: [SPWI317.SPL] -> [override] Patching Failed (COPY) (Failure("SPWI317.SPL: read out of bounds"))
ERROR: [stratagems/ds/cddetect.2da] -> [override] Patching Failed (COPY) (Failure("SPWI317.SPL: read out of bounds"))
ERROR: Failure("SPWI317.SPL: read out of bounds")
Initialise mod (all other components require this) (Sword Coast Stratagems) was not installed due to errors.

Yes, I confirm, this error occurs if before IWDification and SCS is already installed SpellPack's component #2317 'Ghost Armor' in combination with 1pp's component #202 'Spell tweaks'. Individually, they do not cause this error. The solution is to either not installing one of these components, or moving installation 1pp's 'Spell tweaks' after IWDification and SCS, as it was in the previous version of the BWP.

A minor nitpicking: The "Total Happines" install does not include Generalized Biffing, which, in my opinion, is rather required for any install (the smoothness!). Have I missed something important?

Ok, I see. Although I am again thinking about how to remove these additional installation options, since I always forget about them or simply do not have time to update them.

ERROR: [MTOWUB_A.cre] -> [override] Patching Failed (COPY) (Failure("Conflict in priority list."))
ERROR: Failure("Conflict in priority list.")
Enemy items shatter (BGT Tweak Pack (9 Feb 12)) was not installed due to errors.

Yes, there is a conflict between BGTTweak's component #2400 'Enemy items shatter' and SCS #4040 'Make party members less likely to die irreversibly'. Forgot to add it before, will be corrected in the future.
Although a similar situation here: if these components to swap in order of installation, they are installed without problems.

#344 drakonnus

drakonnus
  • 15 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 08:11 PM

Rukrakia NPC isn't available anymore.

http://club.paran.co...~~~&bl_io=~~~~~

#345 pro5

pro5
  • Modder
  • 722 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 02:58 PM

Been trying out a BWS install with custom mod selection to test a few things. Excellent job with it, by the way. :new_thumbs:

A few things noted in the process:

- Two mods (Region of Terror and something else I forget) installed with parse warnings because of missing entries in GTIMES.IDS and SHOUTIDS.IDS. Copying these files from BWP Fixpack's _IDS_ref folder into override prior to installation fixes that, I'm not sure why this wasn't done automatically by the program.

- BPBalancer does not recognize Drizzt Saga v3 as installed, because it's expecting a different component number than what is installed by BWS.
All Drizzt Saga components in BPBalancer should have their REQUIRE_PREDICATE checks changed to this:
REQUIRE_PREDICATE MOD_IS_INSTALLED ~SETUP-DRIZZTSAGA.TP2~ ~0~ OR MOD_IS_INSTALLED ~SETUP-DRIZZTSAGA.TP2~ ~1~ ~Drizztsaga is not installed~

- Another problem with BPBalancer/DrizztSaga: WEREWOGR.cre not found.
One of the Balancer's lib .tph files (drizztsaga_action_macro_creatures.tph) is looking for WEREWOGR.cre and WOLFWEGR.cre, among other things, to reduce their kill XP award. The first one is not found - I changed the CRE reference to use Flysoup's personal prefix (F_WERWGR) in v3, in order to avoid potential conflicts.

- Problem with BGTMusic install order
For some reason, BWS installs BGTMusic late in the install order, right before GUI mods, LolFixer, Widescreen, etc. It should instead be installed right after BGT, which is where the current BWP installpack batch file correctly has it. Otherwise, any BGT NPC and quest mods which want to reference BGT music have no way of knowing what SONGLIST.2DA entries they should use (as those BG1 song entries don't yet exist in the songlist when they're installed).

Edited by pro5, 21 February 2014 - 03:00 PM.

#346 Februarius

Februarius
  • 50 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 09:00 AM

I noticed small graphic glitch with elven paperdolls wearing helmet. The helmet graphic is displaced, covering paperdoll face instead of had/hair. Does anybody else have this problem?

Edit: I now see that somebody opened topic about this problem.

Edited by Februarius, 22 February 2014 - 09:16 AM.

#347 drakonnus

drakonnus
  • 15 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 01:41 PM

what does BWS installs setting-wise compared to BWI? and which settings take priority on a tactics install? why not give a option to choose mods that conflict in dialogue and that add duplicate npcs like BWI

Edited by drakonnus, 22 February 2014 - 03:45 PM.

#348 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 02:18 PM

what does BWP install setting-wise compared to BWI? and which settings take priority on a tactics install? why not give a option to choose mods that conflict in dialogue and that add duplicate npcs like BWI

Erhm, the BWP is the BiG World Project, it's installed usually through the Big World Install.bat(BWI) or BiG World Setup.vbs(BWS)... why people don't use the terms as they should... well is not my problem. But the likely scent is in the air...

Ghrm, the BWI is a recreation of the BWP efforts that Leonardo Watson made when he made it.

Why not duplicates... well it's harder to actually account all the possibilities as ... the BWS at least tries to give the player a conflict free setup to build a game around in all the other setups except the eXpert. Yeah, the BWI has that option too... but it's your bug run if you go there. Or you can edit the .bat file to install the files you wish it to, again a bug run there too...

Edited by The Imp, 22 February 2014 - 02:28 PM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#349 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 05:27 PM

BWS does not ask since it takes the options that are used per default if you use the BWP - if you pick something preselected.

At least there were some before the Batch started to ask you.

Also most things askes come up since two mods are loaded - if you use the BWS, it will load just one mod. And you can customize your selection, so asking things all over again after you clicked through the mods (read the text to the right screens or just push the ...-button) would not make much sense.
THINK! - It's not illegal.

#350 drakonnus

drakonnus
  • 15 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 09:19 PM

I finished a tactics BWP install through BWS and it turns out that the modded content is blank, no descriptions, no dialogue, no names, nothing.

Edited by drakonnus, 22 February 2014 - 09:20 PM.

#351 -Andi-

-Andi-

Posted 24 February 2014 - 04:56 AM

I finished a tactics BWP install through BWS and it turns out that the modded content is blank, no descriptions, no dialogue, no names, nothing.

I had this when my baldur.ini (or whatever the config file in the game's main dir is called) pointed a to a backed-up vanilla directory, reading dialog.tlk from there, instead of a new, modded one. Happened when I copied the main folder and installed BWS in the new path. It correctly installs the dialogue strings, but the game just searches for them in the wrong place. Fixed by manually editing the config.

#352 phillon

phillon
  • 19 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 08:16 AM

I've finished a few successful BWS installations over the past 2 years and I just want to say a massive thank you to everyone involved; dabus, quiet, lollorian, the imp, leonardo, etc. (and of course all the modders and modding communities). This tool makes the process so efficient. I cannot even imagine the amount of work that must go into this (and also for Leonardo setting up the BWP). Seriously guys...thank you. I cannot thank you enough for enhancing this masterpiece of a game (or making the process so much easier) and all from your own free time. So yeah....just a massive thank you.

#353 Vaerk

Vaerk
  • 17 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 06:54 AM

I have a problem with IWD modding not BG but I couldn't find any other place to post BWS related issues so I hope this is ok to post here.

BWS has a problem with installing IWD tweakpack and unfinished business at the same time. It doesn't seem to matter what parts you choose to install. You can install UB without tweakpack with no problems and tweakpack without UB. If you try to install both at the same time tweakpack always fails to install.

I have attached my debug file to this post.

Attached Files

#354 -Andi-

-Andi-

Posted 01 March 2014 - 11:53 AM

Weird because  just finished installing BWS-IWD with not a single error or warning, both UB and tweakpack included.

#355 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 02:02 AM

If you look at the log, you can see that the installation is started and then stalled:
##### Icewind Dale Tweak Pack #####
### 0020: Weapon Animation Tweaks ###
Ready for installation
### 0040: Restore IWD Loading Screens ###
Ready for installation
### 0060: Icon Improvements ###
Ready for installation
### 0070: Force All Dialogue to Pause Game ###
Ready for installation
### 1010: Add Bags of Holding ###
Ready for installation
### 1020: Stores Sell Higher Stacks of Items ###
Ready for installation
### 2060: Wear Multiple Protection Items -> P&P Restrictions ###
Ready for installation
### 2080: Multi-Class Grand Mastery (Weimer) ###
Ready for installation
### 3000: Higher HP on Level Up -> Maximum ###
Ready for installation
### 3060: Unlimited Ammo Stacking ###
Ready for installation
### 3070: Unlimited Gem and Jewelry Stacking ###
Ready for installation
### 3080: Unlimited Potion Stacking ###
Ready for installation
### 3090: Unlimited Scroll Stacking ###
Ready for installation
### 3140: Friendly Random Drops -> Randomize on Reload ###
Ready for installation

The following process could not be started:
Setup-g3daletweaks.exe --no-exit-pause --noautoupdate --language 0 --skip-at-view --quick-log --force-install-list 20 40 60 70 1010 1020 2060 2080 3000 3060 3070 3080 3090 3140 --logapp
This may be caused by several reasons.

ProcessWait-Error: Setup-g3daletweaks.exe

BWS starts the command and waits for it to appear within the next five seconds. If it doesn't, you get this message.
The command may have been executed afterwards. So you either restart the BWS and resume. It will then check if things are already installed or try again.
If that does not work, your other choice is to look at the WeiDU.log yourself and execute the command from above.
Thats the line with Setup-g3daletweaks.exe --no-exit-pause ... and so on. Then restart the BWS and resume the install.

Edited by dabus, 02 March 2014 - 02:03 AM.

#356 -Vidmaster-

-Vidmaster-

Posted 19 March 2014 - 01:18 PM

please continue your awesome work :-)

#357 -Eleneithel-

-Eleneithel-

Posted 26 March 2014 - 02:55 AM

Hi there!

Firstly, I want to thank you for your excellent work, the BiG World Setup is very easy and efficient to use! Sadly, there is a problem with Windows 8.1 Pro. I do not know why, but the latest version of BWS crash at launch. So, I still using the december 2013 version of BWS for the moment... and odly, I have certain mods, such as Ascalon Breagar, that are installed in german although I choose an english installation. I never had that problem before. Is there anyone who can help me? 

Thanks in advance!

#358 -Adeaphon-

-Adeaphon-

Posted 12 April 2014 - 04:54 AM

There seems to be something strange about your setup, since it's working perfectly fine for me (8.1 Pro x64). Maybe some .NET problem (not that I'm sure BWS uses it...)? You could take a look at the details in the crash report or post them here, maybe then somone can help you.

Ascalons Braegar was installed in german for me, too. Not sure why that is, but maybe that is solved in the newest versions. I never tried installing it again, so I'm not at all sure about that.

#359 drakonnus

drakonnus
  • 15 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 04:45 PM

BWS needs updating to v14.1, it isn't installing BGT music, by the way, in the occasion that a BWS install is overwritten, how do i restore the install position?

#360 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 09:17 AM

Depends what you did.

I wouldn't resume if you did upgrade from one version to another (e.g. 11 to 12). Just because changes might kill your install.
That's why the install position is located in the setup.ini, which gets overwritten.

What's install position exactly? You can get some examples in the Config\setup.ini how to skip downloads and so on.
You can set the Start-key at the top to the position you want to go to during the WeiDU-install.
If you selected to not install in batches, try the current line of the games select.txt. If you chose to install multiple components at once, you'll have to adjust the number by trial and error. Resume the install until you find the BWS telling it would continue at the point you want. If it fails you, exit via traybar > rightclick or kill it via taskmanager.