Photo

BiG World Setup (an attempt to update the program)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5286 replies to this topic

#701 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 07 September 2014 - 11:37 AM

If there is something I've missed, now it's right time to post it  :D
*Let's the small girl inside the Imp giggle as it laughs to the download file name*... Yes, you noticed it, I know, but just so people are not confused by it, it was not intended and you'll try to fix the year reference in the next edition, there's no need for it this time.

Edited by The Imp, 07 September 2014 - 11:38 AM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#702 Mad Mate

Mad Mate
  • 191 posts

Posted 07 September 2014 - 12:11 PM

Thank you, Alien!

Is downloading from dropbox fixed?

#703 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 07 September 2014 - 12:57 PM

@Mad Mate:
If you want to test, add the red line after Includes\11_Net,au3, line 1339:
$Return[1] = StringRegExpReplace($Tmp, "\AUTF-8''", ''); remove UTF-8-coding of filenames on foreign servers
$Return[1] = StringRegExpReplace($Return[1], '\;.*\z', ''); remove UTF-8-coding of filenames on dropbox servers
This should work as long as the reply from dropbox does not change... currently, the parsed reply is:
content-disposition: inline; filename="questpack-v3b5.zip"; filename*=UTF-8''questpack-v3b5.zip
Seems like dropbox offers a normal name and one for utf-8, so I just use the first option / remove everything from semicolon to end.

Edited by dabus, 07 September 2014 - 01:00 PM.

THINK! - It's not illegal.

#704 Vlan

Vlan
  • 194 posts

Posted 07 September 2014 - 01:13 PM

Hi there, why do the newer BWS don't have BWP anymore as an option?

Just BG2:EE.

#705 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 07 September 2014 - 01:28 PM

@VLAN: Uhm, you know that you can click on a combobox and find other options like "BiG World Install.bat (fixed and well-tried)" ?

Edited by dabus, 07 September 2014 - 01:29 PM.

#706 Vlan

Vlan
  • 194 posts

Posted 07 September 2014 - 02:35 PM

@VLAN: Uhm, you know that you can click on a combobox and find other options like "BiG World Install.bat (fixed and well-tried)" ?

Yeah I know. Seems like the newest version is working for me.

The older ones somehow skipped the process of allowing me to select what I wanted to use.

I got immediately transfered to the screen where I had to select the BG2:EE installation folder.

Strange. Nevermind, working for now.

#707 Mad Mate

Mad Mate
  • 191 posts

Posted 07 September 2014 - 03:01 PM

@Mad Mate:
If you want to test, add the red line after Includes\11_Net,au3, line 1339:

$Return[1] = StringRegExpReplace($Tmp, "\AUTF-8''", ''); remove UTF-8-coding of filenames on foreign servers
$Return[1] = StringRegExpReplace($Return[1], '\;.*\z', ''); remove UTF-8-coding of filenames on dropbox servers
This should work as long as the reply from dropbox does not change... currently, the parsed reply is:
content-disposition: inline; filename="questpack-v3b5.zip"; filename*=UTF-8''questpack-v3b5.zip
Seems like dropbox offers a normal name and one for utf-8, so I just use the first option / remove everything from semicolon to end.

Thank you Dabus!

Download from Dropbox work fine now.

#708 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 07 September 2014 - 03:13 PM

@VLAN: One version had a user.ini, so the BWS loaded the settings made there.
If you had wanted to, you could have just selected the back-button to go a step back to game-selection and another one to the language-setting.

#709 Vlan

Vlan
  • 194 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 01:14 AM

I am somehow not able to restore my backup with the newest version of BWS.

CDCreAni does not exist

DESound does not exist

are the errors in the debug.

#710 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 01:25 AM

CDCreAni does not exist

DESound does not exist

The later .bif file doesn't likely exist in your game if it's not a German based... :devil:

Edited by The Imp, 08 September 2014 - 01:27 AM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#711 Vlan

Vlan
  • 194 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 01:26 AM

CDCreAni does not exist

DESound does not exist

The later file doesn't likely exist in your game if it's not a German based... :devil:

Doesn't help me with my problem though.

#712 Tzarnal

Tzarnal
  • 61 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 01:49 AM

Reporting a bit of a problem with Almateria's Restoration 7.2. It uses the new weidu 236.02 beta  HANDLE_CHARSETS but the ( for a variety of perfectly good reasons ) BWS does not use this version. Causing the mod to fail to install.

Recommend probably downgrading the mod or removing it as a default selection until this is included in the next full weidu release. That or teach BWS to switch Weidu setups on the fly which seems like it would be to much trouble to be worth it.

#713 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 02:47 AM

Bif-messages are just displayed since I did not know how to indicate if they should exist or not. It's not counted as an error.

#714 Vlan

Vlan
  • 194 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 02:58 AM

Bif-messages are just displayed since I did not know how to indicate if they should exist or not. It's not counted as an error.

So, my BG installation got restored and I can continue with the installation?

respectively, just ignore the error message?

#715 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 08:52 AM

Yes, you can.

#716 Quiet

Quiet
  • 189 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 10:57 AM

And another one update. It's simply BWP 14.2 adjustments plus dabus' fixes for dropbox download and bg2 restore.

Oh yeah, some mod updates also present. And Almateria's Restoration Project temporally moved to expert mods, sorry.

#717 spanyam

spanyam
  • 67 posts

Donator

Posted 09 September 2014 - 11:19 AM

Thanks for the update, Quiet! What are your thoughts on Sergio's post here, especially regarding SCS v21 being an option for non-EE megamods: http://www.shsforums...ogram/?p=571213

From what I understand (and reading through the SCS forum as well), there are quite a few bugs with SCS v28, especially for non-EE BGT installs, and that it's better to use the more or less stable v21 (correct me if I'm wrong here or if this is a bad idea with BWP 14.2).

Will using SCS (and SCSII) v21 be a possibility with BWS? Or is there a simple way to edit the latest version of BWS to install the old version? Thanks for your work!

#718 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 01:33 PM

Thanks for the update, Quiet! What are your thoughts on Sergio's post here, especially regarding SCS v21 being an option for non-EE megamods: 
Well, consider the fact that the mod needs to be installed twice, (the SCSI & SCSII), the scripting that only a single one of them produces is bad, doing it twice makes it worse, and the fact that the BWS was installing the mod in two different places... going back to v21 can be quite bad.

#719 Vlan

Vlan
  • 194 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 01:39 PM

Are the SCS2.8 problems severe?

#720 spanyam

spanyam
  • 67 posts

Donator

Posted 09 September 2014 - 01:41 PM

Are the SCS2.8 problems severe?

I'm not sure how severe, but here are a few I've seen reported. 

1. There are many minor ones in this thread (scan for red sections): http://forums.gibber...howtopic=26130.
  2. The last 3 pages of this thread have a few noted issues: http://forums.gibber...c=25893&page=3.
  3. There are a couple of big ones here that affect the late game. They are reported in the BGEE forum though, so I'm not sure if they are exclusive to BGII:EE using BP-Ascension: http://forum.baldurs...tch-spoilers/p1

Thanks for the update, Quiet! What are your thoughts on Sergio's post here, especially regarding SCS v21 being an option for non-EE megamods: 
Well, consider the fact that the mod needs to be installed twice, (the SCSI & SCSII), the scripting that only a single one of them produces is bad, doing it twice makes it worse, and the fact that the BWS was installing the mod in two different places... going back to v21 can be quite bad.

Thanks for the reply, Jarno. By "can be quite bad", do you mean that it's complicated to fit them back into the BWS or that the resulting product will be riddled with bugs?

Edited by spanyam, 09 September 2014 - 01:58 PM.