Photo

BiG World Setup (an attempt to update the program)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5286 replies to this topic

#741 -Fazli Amri-

-Fazli Amri-

Posted 16 September 2014 - 03:13 AM

hi thanks for BWS 😊 i the latest few updates the Arkenor's Adventure picks are missing its selection 😁 is it or am I doing something wrong? cause the BWP tactics ( which is also awesome 😄) is fine. thanks

#742 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 03:43 AM

I was playing Torment and I had the notorius "movement bug". I ask you to add the nvidia fix to the BWS, if you can, for planescape torment.

Thanks

I don't think this has to do with the NVidia fix, but to the Sprite Mirror'ring not set correctly in the game before you modify it.

Yes, the BWS could also autoset this like it does to most settings in the BWP/BWS games, but really one could just make their PST game backup have that already. Yeah, I never install this old games, I use backup .rar's, thy copy faster. :P

Edited by The Imp, 16 September 2014 - 03:44 AM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#743 eden.sb

eden.sb
  • 23 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 06:06 AM

Ok, so, using the WMP Patch for Drizzt Saga as instructed (into the description, no readme, ahem) = installation of both alright.

So, a bonus as to previous installation (where I did not use the patch and so, was not able to install Drizzt Saga at all).

Ahem.

That said, I wonder if I used the text revision for Vecna  ? :/ (yes, as I made another error while installing, it is another setup (the third), almost without error (still some mods not on the correct version or not found at all, but overall it should be alright.

Sic.

Edited by eden.sb, 18 September 2014 - 05:20 AM.

#744 spanyam

spanyam
  • 67 posts

Donator

Posted 17 September 2014 - 08:17 PM

Hi Alien / SilentAC, looks like Almateria released version 7.2.1 of the Restoration Project that downgrades weidu back to the version that the rest of BWS uses, making it once more compatible with a normal install. Has 7.2.1 been integrated into the latest BWS?

#745 eden.sb

eden.sb
  • 23 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 05:23 AM

https://bitbucket.or...setup/downloads

No, but, Ive placed the file from 7.2.1 like they where 7.2 (nothing major given the names of the files) and installation gone fine (at least no error, cannot say as to warnings).

#746 spanyam

spanyam
  • 67 posts

Donator

Posted 18 September 2014 - 07:06 AM

Oh so that works. Do I need to replace just the downloaded archive before running BWS or replace the files that come out after extracting the package?

#747 eden.sb

eden.sb
  • 23 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 12:41 PM

Ok install done.

Now, where would be the "BiG World Clean-Up.bat" ?

I do not have that file into my installation folder, so ?

-------
@ spanyam : after extraction, and (of course) before the tool install the mod, otherwise = error.

Use the "pause" option of BWS for better efficiency.

Edited by eden.sb, 18 September 2014 - 12:42 PM.

#748 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 01:03 PM

Seems like it was moved from BiG World Installpack\move to main folder\BiG World Clean-Up.bat to BiG World Installpack\Clean-Up.bat, so that file was not copied and so does not exist in your main filder.... And if you look into the files, it has been adjusted so you do not need to move it but create a file BiG World Project.installed in your BG2-Folder and then start BiG World Install.bat. Or comment out line 77 (%IFN% "BiG World Project.installed" %IFN% "BWP_Install_started.nul" goto :STARTINS) by adding a REM or remove the line...

If you don't see questions / text displayed by the tool, copy the content of BiG World Installpack\English into NBig World Installpack\temp.
You could also just start the unedited file and stop after selecting a language.

Edited by dabus, 18 September 2014 - 01:11 PM.

THINK! - It's not illegal.

#749 spanyam

spanyam
  • 67 posts

Donator

Posted 18 September 2014 - 02:21 PM

@ spanyam : after extraction, and (of course) before the tool install the mod, otherwise = error.

Use the "pause" option of BWS for better efficiency.

Thanks, eden! Sorry if this is too basic a question, but I understand that this is the order of events:

1. Run BWS and wait till it gets to the mod
  2. Watch it closely till it finishes extracting it
  3. Pause just in time before it starts to actually install it (might be difficult to do on an SSD, since things move much faster)
  4. Replace the files that came out of the v7 extracted package with those from the v7.2.1 package
  5. Unpause

Is that correct?

Edited by spanyam, 18 September 2014 - 02:22 PM.

#750 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 02:36 PM

Pause just in time before it starts to actually install it (might be difficult to do on an SSD, since things move much faster)
You can pause at any time after the BiG World Fixpack and the other mods start to install, the mod itself is quite deep in the install list, so it can't be that hard to pause before it, when you only have one button to push ... in BWP v14.1, it was 18.21...

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#751 spanyam

spanyam
  • 67 posts

Donator

Posted 18 September 2014 - 03:48 PM

Pause just in time before it starts to actually install it (might be difficult to do on an SSD, since things move much faster)
You can pause at any time after the BiG World Fixpack and the other mods start to install, the mod itself is quite deep in the install list, so it can't be that hard to pause before it, when you only have one button to push ... in BWP v14.1, it was 18.21...

Ohhh okay! I was going off of my memory of reading the BWP, where it instructs you to extract each mod as it comes along, so I assumed BWS does the same. So instead the BWS extracts EVERYTHING and then starts installing. That's good.  :D

Edited by spanyam, 18 September 2014 - 03:50 PM.

#752 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 09:48 PM

Uh,BWP also does not mean it that way - otherwise its patches don't get applied.

#753 eden.sb

eden.sb
  • 23 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 08:57 AM

As to Big World Cleaner.bat, I used the search (Windows) function into the folder & subfoler, seem it is not there.

Then, as I used the BWS, did the tool use the BIG World Install as to proceed ?

If not, I guess that file was not created (and so, it is alright, taking care as to what Ive erased, I've a working folder/files by now).

#754 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 09:28 AM

Ok, another try. I tried to explain why the batch does not show up in your main folder. It's because it got moved and is called Clean-Up.bat now. It can be found in the folder BiG World Installpack. The BWS does not use the Installpack to install stuff (as running the BiG World Install.bat) but installs the BiG World Smootpack that is inside it.

As I tried to explain, run the BiG World Install.bat, select English as a translation and close the black cmd-window.
Create a file named BiG World Project.installed in your BG2-Folder
Then start BiG World Install.bat agaib. It will think that the install is finished and start the internal service.bat, providing options to remove files that are not needed among others.

#755 Sergio

Sergio
  • 954 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 09:36 AM

Another thing to add about the torment BWS selection. Please add the widescreen developer version, instead of the one that is currently being downloaded by BWS, because the current one has a crashing bug when you enter little buildings. A nuissance.

Low hung brow, dazed look on your face..... It appears that you are correct, my friend. You are indeed a complete imbecile.

#756 eden.sb

eden.sb
  • 23 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 12:08 PM

Ok, thanks dabus, noted as to next time :)

Tips like this one should be referenced as they are bonus who could be interesting for quite some installs (if visible, that is quite another topic, curiosity being tagged as a bad habit..)

--
+1 as to using the update of the weidscreen, I already used it in this install (by forcing its use), but still, would be more efficient if directly used.

Tbs, thanks all.

#757 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 12:11 PM

Leonardo made the change in the last main version, the last one likely would have worked out of the box.

#758 Quiet

Quiet
  • 189 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 12:00 PM

"It is time for more experiments." Yes, exactly like that.

Firstly, in this update I have included a few new mods, and two of them - NPC Stronghold and Polytweak - cause me concern. I've never played them (to be honest, I'm more than half of all the mods have never played, but it not important, right?), I can poory understand all their subtlety, and thus I could not make all of the dependencies and conflicts associated. Therefore, I ask you to carefully choose and install these mods.

Secondly, I have not seen this ever before, but in the last tests after Spellpack's components "1203 Chant", "1405 Mental Domination" and "2240 Hypnotic Pattern" are not installed two kits: Divine Remix's "118 Authlim of Iyachtu Xvim Cleric Kit" and Sword and Fist's "33 Blackguard fighter kit". Previously, they seem to be installed properly. Whatever it was, I added them to the conflict, and I will be grateful if someone could confirm or deny their incompatibility.

Third, with the new release of NPC Kitpack mod, after the installation of the components that change Edwin, Imoen and Nalia kits can not be installed HAL-table from Refinements. They were also added to the conflicts in favor of Refinements, of course.

Fourth, I decided to add fixes for SCS reported by Mad Mate at G3 and Kreso here at SHS. They will be installed after unpacking the mod, but before installing BWFixpack. This will temporarily until fixes are included in BWFixpack or mod itself. I think it would be better than to return the old version of the SCS, or rather once again to explain why no one wants to do that.

And in the end, changelog:

Added:

• Baldur's Gate Romantic Encounters, Duskblade BG:EE and BG2:EE, NPC Stronghold, Polytweak, Tenya Thermidor BG:EE, Upgradable Dak'kon's Blade BG2:EE, Vecna Text Overhaul, Vynd.

Fixed:

• Adjusted some dependencies.
  • Link to Clean-Up.bat.

Updated:

• Almateria's Restoration Project, BG1 Mini Quests and Encounters, BG2 Tweak Pack, Chantelame, Crossmod Banter Pack, Garrick's Infatuation, Jastey's Solaufein, Keeping Yoshimo, Kivan and Deheriana Companions, NPC Kitpack, Song and Silence, The IWD2 NPC Project, Widescreen Mod.
  • German translation (thanks to dabus).

#759 Creepin

Creepin
  • Administrator
  • 1676 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 12:42 PM

Hey Quiet, thank you so much for keeping work on BWS, this is so much appreciated! I always read each new update you post to find out just how much closer to perfection BWS got today :)

This last update of yours is almost perfect (as in incorporates all I want), there's only one thing lacking: DingO Quest Packs overhaul by Wisp (link to the latest beta). It seem to be stable, or at least chances are, while older version, that is currently in BWS, is notoriously bugged. Any chance you could swap it for overhaul or, at least, add both as mutually incompatible?

Edited by Creepin, 07 October 2014 - 12:43 PM.

The Old Gold - v0.2 WIP (mod for BGT/BWP/BWS)

#760 Quiet

Quiet
  • 189 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 12:49 PM

Ding0's Quest Pack v3 beta 5 has been added in the previous BWS update of 09/09/2014. )