SHS Suggestions and Problems Thread

• Please log in to reply
313 replies to this topic

#301 jastey

jastey
  • Staff
  • 962 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 09:28 PM

I lay my trusted hands into uBlock Origin and uMatrix (so, no).

#302 Mike1072

Mike1072
  • 529 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 10:16 PM

I'm using uBlock Origin as well.  Still possible something slipped through.

#303 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 4547 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 04:49 AM

uBlock Origin and Adblock plus ...here too, so nope. But as you can read, or can you, it's not really relevant as I never see an ad, so..

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#304 Sam.

Sam.
  • Modder
  • 1035 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 06:10 PM

I have experienced this despite using Adblock Plus and a variety of other anti-spyware/malware utilities.  My work firewall blocks it, but it tends to slip through my personal one.

"Ok, I've just about had my FILL of riddle asking, quest assigning, insult throwing, pun hurling, hostage taking, iron mongering, smart-arsed fools, freaks, and felons that continually test my will, mettle, strength, intelligence, and most of all, patience! If you've got a straight answer ANYWHERE in that bent little head of yours, I want to hear it pretty damn quick or I'm going to take a large blunt object roughly the size of Elminster AND his hat, and stuff it lengthwise into a crevice of your being so seldom seen that even the denizens of the nine hells themselves wouldn't touch it with a twenty-foot rusty halberd! Have I MADE myself perfectly CLEAR?!"

-- <CHARNAME> to Portalbendarwinden

--------------------

post-10485-0-15080600-1348188745.jpg
___________Old pen and paper modules of the 70s and 80s.___________

CA Forums CA Homepage

#305 Luke_47

Luke_47
  • 10 posts

Posted 21 January 2018 - 11:32 AM

Why I cannot edit my own posts!?

#306 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 4547 posts

Posted 21 January 2018 - 09:39 PM

Why I cannot edit my own posts!?
You might not have enough of them... yet. Some forums limit alike features to 5 some 10 posts. I can't say for sure which one the SHS uses, but I am pretty sure it's like feature.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#307 ALIEN

ALIEN
  • 813 posts

Posted 17 June 2018 - 11:50 AM

Does anyone receive their email notifications about PM's/Topics Reply or it's only me who have such problem?

You cannot have progress without changes...

#308 jastey

jastey
  • Staff
  • 962 posts

Posted 17 June 2018 - 01:01 PM

No, I don't get any, either.

#309 Creepin

Creepin
  • Administrator
  • 1116 posts

Posted 18 June 2018 - 07:47 AM

I am receiving email notifications about PM replies. These often come in bundles and with huge delay but I rather blame my Outlook than SHS.

The Old Gold - v0.1 WIP (mod for BGT/BWP/BWS)

#310 ALIEN

ALIEN
  • 813 posts

Posted 18 June 2018 - 10:40 AM

It worked some time ago, maybe it's a related to problem with SSL?

You cannot have progress without changes...

#311 jastey

jastey
  • Staff
  • 962 posts

Posted 18 June 2018 - 09:02 PM

I always figured it's the outdated forum software. I have display hickups of all kind of sorts. Having to block weird imbedded scripts doesn't help with this, but I have similar problems with G3 (no Emailnotifications there, either).
Why for god's sake does SHS link to facebook.net? Is this really necessary?

Edited by jastey, 18 June 2018 - 09:02 PM.

#312 Argent77

Argent77
  • 895 posts

Posted 19 June 2018 - 06:27 AM

While we're talking about forum issues. I have noticed some problems with loading times for any pages linked on the "View new Content" page lately. It takes up to ten seconds before the linked page even starts loading. Opening the same urls directly or from outside "View new Content" works normally though.

Otherwise, I have no issues with email notifications, here or on any other IE modding boards. They are usually delivered within seconds after a comment or PM was being made.

#313 CamDawg

CamDawg

Just a simple country Hyper-Chicken

• 1477 posts

Posted 19 June 2018 - 08:13 AM

I always figured it's the outdated forum software. I have display hickups of all kind of sorts. Having to block weird imbedded scripts doesn't help with this, but I have similar problems with G3 (no Emailnotifications there, either).
Why for god's sake does SHS link to facebook.net? Is this really necessary?

Even when the software was current, I didn't get email notifications from the forums--it seems like users get everything from the forums (e.g. Argent77) or nothing (you and me). I remember looking in the code when I first started noticing it, but I don't recall seeing anything in its email subroutines that would make me think it's a software issue.

Though I have nothing concrete, I suspect that some upstream provider has decided that IPB forum email--or maybe G3/SHS specifically--is spam and binning it.

I came here with a simple dream: a dream of killing all humans. And this is how it must end? Who's the real seven billion ton robot monster here? Not I. Not... I.

____

The Gibberlings Three - Home of IE Mods

The BG2 Fixpack - All the fixes of Baldurdash, plus a few hundred more. Now available, with more fixes being added in every release.

#314 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6505 posts

Posted Today, 05:12 AM

Though I have nothing concrete, I suspect that some upstream provider has decided that IPB forum email--or maybe G3/SHS specifically--is spam and binning it.

Odd... I get SHS notifications (most of them anyway), but I never got any from G3, at least not for years since before the provider switch. And the email parameters are otherwise all the same. Maybe someone thinks "gibberlings" is spam for "gibberish" or some such?

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
================================================================
"My definition of an intellectual is someone who can listen to the William Tell Overture without thinking of the Lone Ranger." -Billy Connolly