Photo

Annoying invisible, unsee-able creature following my chars

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Aeviannce

Aeviannce
  • 74 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 06:06 AM

I don't know if this is the proper place to ask this but at a certain point in the game, my chars are being stalked by an invisible creature that I can't reveal through in-game means (ie. true sight). It is not an enemy however but the problem is it displaces my character when coming out from a door, causing them to be stuck in a peculiar place. Is there a way to know what this is? ToBEx seems to load the creature wherever my chars go, but it doesn't have a name.

Here is one particular instance:
[Mon 07 Jul 2014 21:51:23] AREA-TRANSITION: CGameArea::ClearMarshal : AreaName = AR0508
[Mon 07 Jul 2014 21:51:23] AREA-TRANSITION: CGameSprite::RemoveFromArea() id = 19333415 ; Name = Jan : Area = AR0508
[Mon 07 Jul 2014 21:51:23] AREA-TRANSITION: CGameSprite::RemoveFromArea calling CGameObject::RemoveFromArea()
[Mon 07 Jul 2014 21:51:23] AREA-TRANSITION: CGameSprite::RemoveFromArea() id = 19267878 ; Name = Yoshimo : Area = AR0508
[Mon 07 Jul 2014 21:51:23] AREA-TRANSITION: CGameSprite::RemoveFromArea calling CGameObject::RemoveFromArea()
[Mon 07 Jul 2014 21:51:23] AREA-TRANSITION: CGameSprite::RemoveFromArea() id = 19071267 ; Name = Isma : Area = AR0508
[Mon 07 Jul 2014 21:51:23] AREA-TRANSITION: CGameSprite::RemoveFromArea() id = 19202341 ; Name = Minsc : Area = AR0508
[Mon 07 Jul 2014 21:51:23] AREA-TRANSITION: CGameSprite::RemoveFromArea() id = 1245203 ; Name =  : Area = AR0508
[Mon 07 Jul 2014 21:51:23] AREA-TRANSITION: CGameSprite::RemoveFromArea() id = 19398952 ; Name = Haer'Dalis : Area = AR0508
[Mon 07 Jul 2014 21:51:24] AREA-TRANSITION: CGameSprite::RemoveFromArea calling CGameObject::RemoveFromArea()
[Mon 07 Jul 2014 21:51:24] AREA-TRANSITION: CGameSprite::RemoveFromArea() id = 19136804 ; Name = Jaheira : Area = AR0508
[Mon 07 Jul 2014 21:51:24] AREA-TRANSITION: CGameSprite::RemoveFromArea calling CGameObject::RemoveFromArea()
[Mon 07 Jul 2014 21:51:24] AREA-TRANSITION: CObjectMarker::RemoveFromArea calling CGameObject::RemoveFromArea() id = 20709803
[Mon 07 Jul 2014 21:51:24] AREA-TRANSITION: CInfGame::SetVisibleArea

And I think this is the particular creature I'm referring to:

[Mon 07 Jul 2014 21:51:23] AREA-TRANSITION: CGameSprite::RemoveFromArea() id = 1245203 ; Name =  : Area = AR0508

EDIT: It always seems to spawn next to my main char...

Edited by Aeviannce, 07 July 2014 - 06:18 AM.

#2 Argent77

Argent77
  • Administrator
  • 1397 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 11:47 AM

The only annoying invisible, unsee-able creature I've ever encountered was the invisible thief in the Underdark when you set out in Drow disguise to rescue Phaere from the mindflayers.

You could try to figure out the creature in NearInfinity's area viewer. Decompress the BALDUR.SAV of your saved game, select the current ARE file and open it in the area viewer. The creature in question should hang around the location of your party. Once you've identified the creature, you can, for example, remove it from the map, make it hostile to trigger its battle script or remove its invisibility (if possible). Don't forget to compress your BALDUR.SAV again or any changes you've made are lost.

Edit: If it turns out to be some kind of helper creature, you'll probably have to set a specific variable or find the script (block) that spawns the creature and disable it.

Edited by Argent77, 07 July 2014 - 12:03 PM.

#3 Fouinto

Fouinto
  • 458 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 09:46 AM

I had the problem once, and I think (I am not sure !) it comes from "haiass" when you leave him.
I had not this problem when I had him with me.

Hope this helps.

#4 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5148 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 11:04 AM

The weidu.log's content could help here...

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#5 Aeviannce

Aeviannce
  • 74 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 12:04 PM

@Argent77
Hello, thank you for the reply.

I've tried doing what you've said. However, the only things I see in the area were the two actors that originally spawn with the area. I don't see any or my chars nor the invisible creature.
Umm... I've done this using near infinity and using the view/edit function. Is this what you meant by area viewer? I think I'm doing something wrong here...

@Fouinto
I'm not sure what you mean. What is this "haiass"?

@Imp
Hi Imp, umm... well what I've posted above came from ToBEx. I'm not exactly sure what I'm suppose to look for in the weidu log. :S

Edited by Aeviannce, 08 July 2014 - 12:18 PM.

#6 Aeviannce

Aeviannce
  • 74 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 12:14 PM

Alright, so I've done some snooping around. I turns out (I think) to be "ekresspy", as NearInfinity have stated its name.

Umm... I don't know what exactly this is but I've checked it's bcs. I think its a helper, just as Argent77 said. I'm not exactly sure what or why this keeps spawning next to my main. I guess I'll have to investigate more...

EDIT: I guess it's a sort of balancer that reduces resistances of pc chars. Is this really needed? Umm, and anyone knows what mod this is? I guess its alright. But it does get my pcs stuck from time to time that I have to resort in using cheat keys to teleport them somewhere.

Edited by Aeviannce, 08 July 2014 - 12:25 PM.

#7 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5148 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 02:04 PM

@Imp
Hi Imp, umm... well what I've posted above came from ToBEx. I'm not exactly sure what I'm suppose to look for in the weidu log. :S

You open the file with Notepad, copy the text(select it and then Ctrl +C), and post it with Ctrl + V.
This is so we can see the exact install order and the components you have installed, and a few glances later, make all kinds of fun of it...

EDIT: I guess it's a sort of balancer that reduces resistances of pc chars. Is this really needed? Umm, and anyone knows what mod this is? I guess its alright. But it does get my pcs stuck from time to time that I have to resort in using cheat keys to teleport them somewhere.

Refinements comes to mind:

* New HLAs Tables for all classes *,**
    * "SwashImoen"
    * Shapeshifting Fix
    * Universal lesser mage robes
    * Sword Angel Kit *
    * Revised Armor and Shields **

* this component includes a complete fix for the 5th level spell "Spell Shield". Don't ask. Technical reasons.
** this component will cap the phisical damage resistance (slashing, piercing, crushing and missile) to 75% for all classes, except Barbarians, whose cap is 85%.
New HLAs Tables for all classes

The component is definitely not necessary, but getting rid of it is ... bothersome if you "like the" HLA -table.

Edited by The Imp, 08 July 2014 - 02:06 PM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#8 EvilMax

EvilMax
  • 145 posts

Posted 02 October 2016 - 08:12 AM

This is 'Full plate and packing steel' Got this bug too - it is really annoying! Author of this mod released v3beta of this mod where annoyiung invisible creature is absent and spell revisions v3 compatibility is added.

Release of this mod made 6 years ago (!!!) but unfortunately current BWP is still based on v2.

Does anyone knows how to get rid of this create or upgrade to v3 without loosing a game?

Edited by EvilMax, 02 October 2016 - 08:13 AM.

#9 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 02 October 2016 - 08:42 AM

This is 'Full plate and packing steel' Got this bug too - it is really annoying! Author of this mod released v3beta of this mod where annoyiung invisible creature is absent and spell revisions v3 compatibility is added.

Release of this mod made 6 years ago (!!!) but unfortunately current BWP is still based on v2.

Does anyone knows how to get rid of this create or upgrade to v3 without loosing a game?

The only way I know to get rid of these creatures is by editing the area you want to leave in baldur.sav using NI. Decmpress the save, find the area, delete the invisible creature from the area, save, compress. Then play on.

These creatures may come from a number of mods, I cannot blame a specific one for your issue. They are supposed to self-destroy after a timer but this occasionally fails and you get this nuisance followers...

Edited by Roxanne, 02 October 2016 - 08:45 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

#10 EvilMax

EvilMax
  • 145 posts

Posted 02 October 2016 - 10:15 AM

Well, I've already done this, but problem didn't find anyone using NI inside unpacked area. Seems that creature wasn't saved but created dynamically. I didn't see any new actors.

And maybe you are right: this is not 100% fullplate mod. But "ekresspy" creature was in Durllag's Tower before everything started. No ideas how to check.

Anyway - thank you for the answer.

#11 Argent77

Argent77
  • Administrator
  • 1397 posts

Posted 02 October 2016 - 11:29 AM

The creature might have been made global so that it can follow you across different maps more easily.

In this case you can find it listed as one of the "Non-party character" structures in the savegame's BALDUR.GAM. Look for a character entry where the "Current area" field points to the same map as where your party is located.

#12 EvilMax

EvilMax
  • 145 posts

Posted 02 October 2016 - 11:13 PM

Yes, found him in global NPC section. This is really EKRESSPY character from 'Full plate and packing steel' v2, it is global and located always on current map near the entrance point.

Thank you, Roxanne, Argent77!

P.S. Fix for everyone encountering this problem: remove *kresspy NPC and do not forget about global variable 'ekresspybeenhere'. You must remove variable too or you'll encounter CTD on savegame load.

Edited by EvilMax, 03 October 2016 - 03:00 AM.

#13 Fiann of the Silver Hand

Fiann of the Silver Hand
  • 286 posts

Posted 03 October 2016 - 01:04 PM

A way to "fix" this is to change its animation to bird, which has no collision and won't displace any other CREs.

#14 tomkaz

tomkaz
  • 992 posts

Donator

Posted 07 October 2016 - 04:54 AM

Hi All:

I have had similar problems with unseen creatures.  Perhaps it could be this.

If it is after a fight with a priest(s) and it attacks you, it may be an aerial servant.  They last a long time, I think about 4 game hours.  And they are difficult to see.  If you try to save, and get the message that enemies are present, check for invisible creatures.  Aerial servants are also difficult to kill.

In my game, enemy priests seem to get the spell, but my priests do not.

Tom