Photo

PS:T UB - Reloaded: A continuation of Qwinn's PST-UB for PST:EE

5 replies to this topic

#1 Argent77

Argent77
  • 852 posts

Posted 02 January 2018 - 10:04 AM

I've made an attempt to make PS:T Unfinished Business available for Planescape Torment: Enhanced Edition. The focus is primarily on PST:EE, but I aim to retain full compatibility with classic Planescape: Torment as well.

The mod is based on Qwinn's PS:T Unfinished Business version 4.12. It contains everything from the original, but has been greatly overhauled to take advantage of modern WeiDU code features, and I fixed a few minor issues present in the original mod. It is currently available as beta.

List of fixes and features (as of beta 3):

• Made content from Qwinn's PS:T Unfinished Business v4.12 available for PST:EE.
  • Cleaned up and modernized WeiDU code of the mod.
  • Ported bestiary alu-fiend image intended for Vrischika over to PST:EE ("Restored Bestiary Entries").
  • Restored a generic acoustic feedback when copying spells to the spellbook in PST:EE ("Restored Party Comments and Banters").
  • Fixed a container polygon in the Festhall Private Quarters that overlapped the blocking door polygon. It allowed the player to access the content prematurely, in both PST and PST:EE ("Expanded Deionarra's Truth mod").
  • Fixed spellings in the French translation (thanks mirandir).

It would be a great help if someone is willing to test the mod with classic PS:T and report bugs, ideas, comments or criticism in this thread or over at Beamdog Forums.

Download: https://github.com/A...oaded/releases/
Discussion: https://forums.beamd...siness-reloaded

Edited by Argent77, 02 January 2018 - 10:06 AM.

#2 -Felipe-

-Felipe-

Posted 06 January 2018 - 09:12 AM

1st i wanna thank you for continuing the work of Qwinn/Scient, it's a relief to see this getting worked on and it's even better you hosted it on github, i have questions about the mod/other stuff:

1 - Do you intend to fix the pendant of yemeth quest? Several ppl here reported problems with it. You'll find reports about the other restored things having problems here too. ;)

2 - Why report only on beamdog's forum? I mean, their site(s) is/are a nightmare to ppl with bandwith caps with their huge size for sites/images (see the pics of neverwinter enhanced edition, more than 6 MB for a pic?? Whatta hell....

3 - Do you intend to upgrade the fixpack and tweaks patches too?

#3 Argent77

Argent77
  • 852 posts

Posted 06 January 2018 - 10:08 AM

1. I have fixed one issue in beta 4 already:
Changelog:
- Yemeth Quest: Updated dialogs of the two fiends Aethelgrin and Tegar'in in SCB, so that you can (hopefully) only return the pendant when you made a deal with the fiends before (related to this issue).
Feel free to report more issues that should be fixed.

2. You can report anything here in this thread as well. My primary goal is to make P:ST UB compatible with PST:EE though, that's why creating a topic on Beamdog Forums first was the logical choice. PS:T UB - Reloaded is a continuation in the spirit of the original (hence the different name), at the request of Qwinn, who may decide to continue working on his own mods in the future.

3. No. Both Fixpack and Tweaks are still working fine in classic PST. The Fixpack is, in large part, integrated into the base PST:EE game already. Some features of PS:T Tweaks are already made available to PST:EE by other mods.

#4 -Felipe-

-Felipe-

Posted 07 January 2018 - 10:16 AM

1 - nice to fix this one.

2 - i understand now, good idea about beamdog's forum btw, reloaded will be version 1.0 or will you continue the numbering from where it stopped?

3 - i see. i asked about the fixpack/tweaks because of the fixes that avellone made for ps:t that arent in qwinn's fixpack and stuff (like fixing the descriptions to match the pen&paper ones), also, iirc, qwinn said that are zombies to restore at the mortuary many years ago in one post in the forum, i dont remember where, maybe it was in this section.

#5 Argent77

Argent77
  • 852 posts

Posted 07 January 2018 - 11:50 AM

2 - i understand now, good idea about beamdog's forum btw, reloaded will be version 1.0 or will you continue the numbering from where it stopped?

Yes, first stable release will be version 1.0. Aside from porting the mod to PST:EE, it will also contain a number of fixes for (yet to be) reported bugs. For example, next beta (no release date yet) will fix a dead end of the Candlestick quest in case you lose the "key" for activating the portal from the tomb back to the village.

Edited by Argent77, 07 January 2018 - 01:03 PM.

#6 -Marko47-

-Marko47-

Posted 07 January 2018 - 12:35 PM

Oh boy, the time to buy EE has come!

Reply to this topic