Photo

Problem with installing Turambar_fixes_tweaks (Megamod+)

BWS Megamod ERROR Turambar

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 05:14 AM

You can open the BiG World Setup\Config\BWP\Mod,.ini. Go to the mods section (that begins with the setup-name in brackets) and remove the translations from the TRA-line. It would contain Tra=EN:0 if English is the first translation of a mod. For more details, look at the FAQ, which is also located in your BiG World Setup\Docs-folder.

Usually, you just got some English text. Turambar does not contain so much text, so it's not really a problem.

Edited by dabus, 20 July 2014 - 05:18 AM.

THINK! - It's not illegal.

#22 Zara

Zara
  • 19 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 10:44 AM

Yes but i have already finished the installation and i dont want to do it again. Most of the things were sucesfull, except:

Die folgenden ursprünglich gewählten Mods konnten leider nicht installiert
werden:

Mod: The Undying
Komponente: "The Undying" Mod 

Mod: Turambar fixes and tweaks
Komponente: Northern Tales fixes for items, dialogues, and graphic glitches

Mod: Northern Tales of the Sword Coast (NTotSC)
Komponente: NTotSC für BGT-WeiDU

Mod: Northern Tales of the Sword Coast (Dialog-Patch)
Komponente: Fix NTotSC Issues

Mod: BGT NPC Portraits
Komponente: Alternate Portrait for Will Scarlet of NTotSC
Komponente: Portraits for Northern Tales of the Sword Coast

Mod: BP-BGT-Worldmap
Komponente: Überarbeitete Weltkarte für Baldurs Gate - mit farbigen Baldurs Gate Kartenicons
Komponente: Karte für Thron des Bhaal -> Benutze die Weltkarte ebenso für Thron des Bhaal

the last one sounds important... can i install them all manually?

#23 -Beleg33-

-Beleg33-

Posted 20 July 2014 - 10:29 PM

My 2 cents : Get rid of that Turambar fixes and tweaks mod. DEFINITELY

Mods to fix other mods are a terrible idea IMO. Maybe some components could be salvaged and repackaged in another mod (thinking of drow slow disintegration script, though its always caused more lag than anything) and the various fixes applied directly to the mods themselves if required (for instance DSotSC fixes are older than the latest update of the mod itself - if it hasn't been deprecated yet I haven't used BWS in ages - WTF)

#24 Zara

Zara
  • 19 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 10:36 PM

yeah i dont care about these mods very much, but the worldmap mod is important because otherwise i always get an error when i want to leave the area. But i guess i cant install it manually at the end beause some of the installations depend on the wordmap or am i wrong? 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: BWS, Megamod, ERROR, Turambar