• 503 posts

Posted 31 July 2015 - 01:49 AM

Thank you for your explanation :)

#162 Bill Bisco

Bill Bisco
  • 487 posts

Posted 31 July 2015 - 05:29 PM

lynx,

Would I be safe to apply your 10pp mod and still use the regular baldur.exe and switch back and forth between GemRB them both?

I don't see any windows install here: http://www.gemrb.org...php?id=download

Can we get one?  People would love to test?

#163 -lynx-

-lynx-

Posted 01 August 2015 - 11:11 PM

See my previous replies.

Also, after like five years I realised we could just autodetect bgt/tutu, so now the starting xp is as you'd expect in those games.

#164 Marvin

Marvin

Marvin

• 197 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 12:40 AM

Wow I've been waiting for a mod like 10pp for literally over a decade now. Great to see that it's finally here. Would be great if it could be included in a megamod installation. There are so many NPCs to choose from, too many in fact. I have a hard time choosing just between the vanilla NPCs. The hard work of NPC-modders would be much more appreciated by much more people, in my opinion, were we just able to have a party arger than 6 within a megamod. Great work everyone!

#165 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 07:20 AM

Uh, I don't know if I think you missed the Point or not, so here again:
So yes, currently 10pp is useless if you don't have GemRB.
Gemrb is an engine.
(So mody that rely on patching don't work und there might be other issues along with the ones that are listed at the projects website)
10pp is a mod that hipothetically would work if tobex or ees could be extended to handle extra party members.

So this mods does not work with the BWP as it is now and I guess Leonardo does not want to start if everything runs with the gemRBB-engine.
THINK! - It's not illegal.

#166 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 07:43 AM

From what I understand till now, the BWP should be ok to run on GemRB except for these 4 mods:

1) ToBEx

2) InfinityAnimations

3) 1PP

4) Widescreen

... which directly edit the BGMain.exe. I'll assume (1) and (4) are included by default in GemRB but I guess people would be missing out on a lot if (2) & (3) is not there :P

If someone were to update IA and 1PP for GemRB like lynx said - and maybe create a stable and up-to-date build of GemRB itself - I'd love to test out installing stuff :cheers: (yes my interest piqued because I came to know the new party positions are banter-ready :D)

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#167 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 09:13 AM

From what I understand till now, the BWP should be ok to run on GemRB except for these 4 mods:...

4) Widescreen

Have you installed the Widescreen mod manually lately, it has the GemRP install component in it, so it actually works natevily on it, well with the additional fact that the minimum resolution is +1 pixel to the normal Widescreen mod(aka 601 x ??? and ??? x 481, instead of 600 x ??? and ??? x 480).

Edited by The Imp, 03 August 2015 - 09:14 AM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#168 -lynx-

-lynx-

Posted 03 August 2015 - 01:35 PM

Getting IA/1pp to work fully probably wouldn't be that much work — the bulk is in the data, right? Anyway, this is something for other modders to tackle. I can assist and direct (handling any gemrb code mods), but I don't want to detract too much time from gemrb itself. I create mods for it as a showcase and to have some time off with more fun stuff than horribly complicated and fscked up engine internals. Writing an engine from scratch allows you to skip some of that crap, so for example things like the upcoming shaman class have been just a few 2da edits away since forever for us.

Widescreen mod has a gemrb mode (by me), true, but it's not that useful. The only difference from the normal mode is that you can install several gui packs simultaneously. For all we care it could write smilies to the original exe, we don't use it. That's the clean bit, the ugly bit is I forgot to also repack all the changed mos' and whatnot, so the end result isn't perfect. I'll remove it in future, since it would be ideal if we autodetected any kind of widescreen install, so also people that dualboot or use wine don't have any extra steps.

#169 Ostar

Ostar
  • 20 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 06:03 PM

I have BWP Installed, including BGT. I've run into a dialogue issue just after I finished BG1 and started BG2 in Amn. So far it starts with Minsc.

If I rest in any Inn, a Minsc dialogue box pop ups blank, but with a Continue button. I can click through until the Continue disappears without seeing anything, and then I'm stuck and have to Force Quit the game. This also happens again when I try to talk to the Eldoth NPC (Eldoth's not in my party at the time)- Minsc chimes in along with Jaheira and all the dialogue/Continue is blank. No other issue with dialogue has been encountered, and Minsc has had conversations fine before this.

My questions are:

1 - How can I troubleshoot this, pinpointing which mod installed via BWP is the issue? It never happened in BG1, only BG2. My Baldur.err, baldur.log, tobex.log and WeiDU.log and BiG World Debug.txt are attached.

2. Is there a way to escape out of the dialog box without having to restart the game?

Attached Files

• Attached File  11a.zip   709.07K   189 downloads

#170 Ostar

Ostar
  • 20 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 10:57 PM

Sorry, an even worse bug has appeared with the Area maps in BWP for Athkatla. For Waukeen's Promenade, there are no exits points working - the cursor doesn't even change. I have to Console to the Gate Area to get out of the Promenade, although I can go to it no problem and move everywhere on it.

And on the Docks, I can walk through walls and buildings and even on the water. But I'm blocked from moving on the streets mostly, so that I can't get to most places on the map. And I can't reach the exit points, so I have to Console out of it too.

Same problem with the Graveyard as the Docks.

The Slums, Bridge, Temple, Government seem to be working fine, but I haven't been everywhere yet in them.

My files are in the post above.

Edited by Ostar, 03 August 2015 - 11:20 PM.

#171 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 11:50 PM

For the waukeen thing look for a set of files in this thread a few pages back and another set of files in a thread titled 'Waukeen something something' in this forum :)

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

#172 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 04 August 2015 - 04:31 AM

For the waukeen thing look for a set of files in this thread a few pages back and another set of files in a thread titled 'Waukeen walkable regions all messed up' in this forum :)

There.

And this is the link to the post that the files are.

Edited by The Imp, 04 August 2015 - 04:33 AM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#173 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 04 August 2015 - 05:33 AM

Thanks Imp! Shitty mobile is shitty :( Link to post in this thread with second set of BG_Travel fixes. Make sure to grab both!

Edited by Lollorian, 04 August 2015 - 08:09 AM.

#174 Ostar

Ostar
  • 20 posts

Posted 04 August 2015 - 03:36 PM

Thanks Imp! Shitty mobile is shitty :( Link to post in this thread with second set of BG_Travel fixes. Make sure to grab both!

Great - they fixed the Area issue. Thanks!

#175 Ostar

Ostar
  • 20 posts

Posted 05 August 2015 - 08:32 PM

In my BWP (BGT) game I am having the blank dialogue issue with other NPCs now - Aerie for one. It could be banterpak, although I know for a fact at least some of that mods dialog has showed up without error.

I do have a specific trigger point I can duplicate at will for error testing - sleeping in an Inn with Minsc starts a blank dialogue.

So how can I pinpoint this issue? What could be going wrong between the dialog.tlk being called and a specific numbered entry from ? mod not showing on screen?

Edited by Ostar, 05 August 2015 - 09:35 PM.

#176 Mad Mate

Mad Mate
  • 191 posts

Posted 06 August 2015 - 02:07 PM

So how can I pinpoint this issue? What could be going wrong between the dialog.tlk being called and a specific numbered entry from ? mod not showing on screen?

I had this problem in my game, and fix is simple:
go to BWP_workspace directory in your game-dir, and copy/rename dialog.bak to main-dir dialog.tlk.

Reason for this happening are combination of english translation files of Ajoc-mod and new "correct misspellings" feature of BWP.
Feature is good, but 2 files from Ajoc-mod (AjocMod\languages\english\AGBRUS.TRA & AGLORON.TRA) contain 5 "NULL" characters that breaks process.

Something for Lollorian, 2 fixed files of Ajoc-mod for BWFixpack:
Attached File  AjocMod-fixedtra.rar   2.09K   184 downloads

Edited by Mad Mate, 06 August 2015 - 02:09 PM.

#177 Ostar

Ostar
  • 20 posts

Posted 06 August 2015 - 04:14 PM

I had this problem in my game, and fix is simple:
go to BWP_workspace directory in your game-dir, and copy/rename dialog.bak to main-dir dialog.tlk.

Fantastic! That fixed it. Thank you!

#178 Ostar

Ostar
  • 20 posts

Posted 07 August 2015 - 08:45 AM

Reason for this happening are combination of english translation files of Ajoc-mod and new "correct misspellings" feature of BWP.
Feature is good, but 2 files from Ajoc-mod (AjocMod\languages\english\AGBRUS.TRA & AGLORON.TRA) contain 5 "NULL" characters that breaks process.

This BWP feature issue is not just with your mod - dialogue errors I was having had no relation to your mod as far as I could tell.

#179 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 07 August 2015 - 09:48 AM

Something for Lollorian, 2 fixed files of Ajoc-mod for BWFixpack:

Added :cheers:

#180 Ostar

Ostar
  • 20 posts

Posted 08 August 2015 - 11:17 PM

In the  BG_Travel_revert_hotfix.7z that was posted in one of the links below, AR1300 was listed as one of the included fixes. Sadly, it's not actually in that download and of course it's the one I am having map problems with. The de'Arnise Keep Exterior.

Can someone attach that fixed AR1300 for an override, please?

For the waukeen thing look for a set of files in this thread a few pages back and another set of files in a thread titled 'Waukeen walkable regions all messed up' in this forum :)

There.

And this is the link to the post that the files are.