BWP v15

• Please log in to reply
257 replies to this topic

#181 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 09 August 2015 - 12:15 AM

AR1300 in BG1 is AR8200 in BGT which is included in the archive. Your issue with BG2 AR1300 is not related to BG_Travel :unsure: Could you post more details? (sorry if already posted)

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#182 Ostar

Ostar
  • 20 posts

Posted 09 August 2015 - 08:22 AM

In the de'Arnise Keep Exterior, I arrive in the center of the map instead of the corner. I can walk through walls, and cannot reach some locations. (Using BWP, BGT installed).

My mistake - AR8200 is included in that download. I was looking at the BMP files in my Override instead of the ARE files.

I thought the Keep Exterior Area number was 8200, but I must be wrong.

FYI - the maps of Trademeet and Umar Hills work fine, so it's not some overall install issue.

AR1300 in BG1 is AR8200 in BGT which is included in the archive. Your issue with BG2 AR1300 is not related to BG_Travel :unsure: Could you post more details? (sorry if already posted)

#183 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 09 August 2015 - 09:22 AM

@Ostar: I am just fucking stupid sometimes! :doh: (yes you're right, the archive didn't have AR1300SR.BMP which is what you need to fix the issue)

Attaching the combined hotfix here :P Sorry for being a retard lol

Attached Files

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

#184 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 09 August 2015 - 09:26 AM

I thought the Keep Exterior Area number was 8200, but I must be wrong.

During the game play, if you push the x -key, the game shows you the area details, which include the area name, Lollorian is probably cheking the area file names from here. But there he looked the linked BG1 areas ... while your keep is the non-candlekeep.... De'Arnise Keep which is either ar1300 or ar1304 depending the plot point.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#185 Ostar

Ostar
  • 20 posts

Posted 09 August 2015 - 11:10 AM

Fixed - thanks!

@Ostar: I am just fucking stupid sometimes! :doh: (yes you're right, the archive didn't have AR1300SR.BMP which is what you need to fix the issue)

Attaching the combined hotfix here :P Sorry for being a retard lol

#186 Usurper

Usurper
  • 1115 posts

Posted 10 August 2015 - 08:53 PM

Getting IA/1pp to work fully probably wouldn't be that much work — the bulk is in the data, right? Anyway, this is something for other modders to tackle. I can assist and direct (handling any gemrb code mods), but I don't want to detract too much time from gemrb itself. I create mods for it as a showcase and to have some time off with more fun stuff than horribly complicated and fscked up engine internals. Writing an engine from scratch allows you to skip some of that crap, so for example things like the upcoming shaman class have been just a few 2da edits away since forever for us.

Widescreen mod has a gemrb mode (by me), true, but it's not that useful. The only difference from the normal mode is that you can install several gui packs simultaneously. For all we care it could write smilies to the original exe, we don't use it. That's the clean bit, the ugly bit is I forgot to also repack all the changed mos' and whatnot, so the end result isn't perfect. I'll remove it in future, since it would be ideal if we autodetected any kind of widescreen install, so also people that dualboot or use wine don't have any extra steps.

I would do anything... ANYTHING to help in making a 10 man or 12 man Big World Project install possible. Testing, bug fixing, whatever. I just don't know how to make it happen by myself.
The Monk is always out to keep a wild mage down. But the Weave, she speaks to me. Together we work our collective will on this brittle, cracking world.
Playing the Big World Project Let's Play both here and on the Something Awful forums.

#187 Ostar

Ostar
  • 20 posts

Posted 22 August 2015 - 10:25 PM

I have a crash to desktop bug as soon as I enter the Temple Ruins running BWP. I ran the Area CRE Checker and it identified the culprit as shadow01. Attached are the diagnostic files.

Attached Files

#188 Bill Bisco

Bill Bisco
  • 487 posts

Posted 22 August 2015 - 10:28 PM

Getting IA/1pp to work fully probably wouldn't be that much work — the bulk is in the data, right? Anyway, this is something for other modders to tackle. I can assist and direct (handling any gemrb code mods), but I don't want to detract too much time from gemrb itself. I create mods for it as a showcase and to have some time off with more fun stuff than horribly complicated and fscked up engine internals. Writing an engine from scratch allows you to skip some of that crap, so for example things like the upcoming shaman class have been just a few 2da edits away since forever for us.

Widescreen mod has a gemrb mode (by me), true, but it's not that useful. The only difference from the normal mode is that you can install several gui packs simultaneously. For all we care it could write smilies to the original exe, we don't use it. That's the clean bit, the ugly bit is I forgot to also repack all the changed mos' and whatnot, so the end result isn't perfect. I'll remove it in future, since it would be ideal if we autodetected any kind of widescreen install, so also people that dualboot or use wine don't have any extra steps.

I would do anything... ANYTHING to help in making a 10 man or 12 man Big World Project install possible. Testing, bug fixing, whatever. I just don't know how to make it happen by myself.

Usurper, you should be able to try that now.  Did you try installing GEMrb, Strawberry Perl, and the 10pp mod?

#189 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 23 August 2015 - 04:14 AM

I have a crash to desktop bug as soon as I enter the Temple Ruins running BWP. I ran the Area CRE Checker and it identified the culprit as shadow01. Attached are the diagnostic files.

Try dropping the attached file into your override (I just changed the CRE's animation to the vanilla SHADOW animation)

If it works, can you attach the SHADOW01.00000 through 00006.CRE you got from the changelog as well please? :)

Attached Files

Edited by Lollorian, 23 August 2015 - 04:15 AM.

#190 -Ostar-

-Ostar-

Posted 23 August 2015 - 03:37 PM

Try dropping the attached file into your override (I just changed the CRE's animation to the vanilla SHADOW animation)

If it works, can you attach the SHADOW01.00000 through 00006.CRE you got from the changelog as well please? :)

It works, thanks!

But there was only the 00007 CRE file created by the utility. Sorry, nothing for 0-6. Don't know why.

#191 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 23 August 2015 - 06:26 PM

Ah no problem! :)

The changelog you provided does provide some leads and your original CRE gives me the animation index I need to track down so it should be easy enough to deduce what happened :P

#192 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 10:33 PM

I have updated the download links for the Sandrah mod due to Spellhold downloads still not working

http://www.shsforums...-27#entry580541

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

#193 GeneralHappyPie

GeneralHappyPie
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 August 2015 - 09:38 PM

Hi All.

I am having an issue installing the 'recommended' BWP version from The Big World Setup program (latest version).

It downloads and installs everything fine (no errors come up at all that I see anyway) but when I go to start the game I get the following:

"-1"

"An Assertion failed in chDimm.cpp at line number 834"

It is a clean install copied to a independent installation not in the 'proper' program files on C:

Running Win10.

Any words of wisdom out there for me? I got the 'standard' version working fine but it was too much stuff for me to jump back into the game.

4th time reinstall with a clean backup and separate install location has got me into the game. YAY! Thanks for all your hard work in getting these programs going team :)

Thanks in advance.

GeneralHappyPie

Edited by GeneralHappyPie, 27 August 2015 - 12:37 AM.

#194 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 27 August 2015 - 02:15 AM

4th time reinstall with a clean backup and separate install location has got me into the game. YAY! Thanks for all your hard work in getting these programs going team :)

Yeah, the eror you had was caused by not starting the game in the folder you had copied to, and then trying to install the BWS on top of that. The result might seem ok, but it's not as the baldur.ini points to the wrong directory. Or you had made the copy after, whatever the case, the game doesn't start well if you try to just copy the game to a different folder without editing the baldur.ini file in it to reflect the change you made. After the change, you can have as many cuncorrent BG2 games as you wish.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#195 Marvin

Marvin

Marvin

• 197 posts

Posted 07 September 2015 - 07:32 AM

Usurper, you should be able to try that now.  Did you try installing GEMrb, Strawberry Perl, and the 10pp mod?

As far as I understand, getting IA/1pp is not compatible yet. However... I'd strongly prefer a 12 Party mod over a graphical enhancement mod, even if it is just awesome. But since I'm really torn between the two, I think I'd rather wait some more years until the mods are really compatible. I've been waiting fo a mod like this for more than 10 years now, so I guess some more years of waiting won't change anything ;) I just really hope this will work sometime. Same goes for the Lost Crossroads graphical Tweak Pack over at BWL that hopefully will eventually come out. But I am optimistic =D

Edited by Marvin, 07 September 2015 - 07:34 AM.

#196 Leonardo Watson

Leonardo Watson
  • Modder
  • 531 posts

Posted 09 September 2015 - 10:08 AM

BWP v15.4 released

Nothing special - no new mods added, only updated to the most recent version.
Fixpack and Textpacks were updated.
A new feature is added to the Installpack: Now you can unpack and install your mods in one go.
"Out of memory" error with stratagems no longer happens.

I tried to upload the new release of BWP here at SHS but for some reason I was not able to do so. Falsely I got the message Error No file was selected for upload
Please download the new version from here: https://kerzenburg.b...oads.php?cat=10

With the lolfixer component Area Stuff - MAJESTIC Area Fixer I got these errors:

ERROR: [./override/ESX01.wav] has size 20932844: TOO BIG FOR WEIDU (max 16777211)
ERROR: error loading [./override/ESX01.wav]

ERROR: [./override/ISHXAR1.wav] has size 35427884: TOO BIG FOR WEIDU (max 16777211)
ERROR: error loading [./override/ISHXAR1.wav]

ERROR: [./override/ISHXAR6.wav] has size 16928404: TOO BIG FOR WEIDU (max 16777211)
ERROR: error loading [./override/ISHXAR6.wav]

ERROR: [./override/ISHXAR7.wav] has size 21228824: TOO BIG FOR WEIDU (max 16777211)
ERROR: error loading [./override/ISHXAR7.wav]

ERROR: [./override/ISHXAR8.wav] has size 20549148: TOO BIG FOR WEIDU (max 16777211)
ERROR: error loading [./override/ISHXAR8.wav]

ERROR: [./override/ISHXAR9.wav] has size 20666924: TOO BIG FOR WEIDU (max 16777211)
ERROR: error loading [./override/ISHXAR9.wav]

ERROR: [./override/DGMAIN.wav] has size 21135920: TOO BIG FOR WEIDU (max 16777211)
ERROR: error loading [./override/DGMAIN.wav]

F_6666.ARE error: Container #2 Item #2 does not exist (F_SW2H01.itm)! Deleting...
ERROR: illegal 8-byte read from offset -248617990 of 25474-byte file F_6666.ARE
ERROR: [F_6666.ARE] -> [override/F_6666.ARE] Patching Failed (COPY) (Failure("F_6666.ARE: read out of bounds"))
Stopping installation because of error.

@ Lollorian

regarding BWPFixpack
I divided compatibility patches from those for bugs again.
I added astScriptPatcher for Ascension to the Fixpack.
There is also a new BP/ORCDEAD.tra.patch because of a NUL character.
Also I created aranw/c-aran_berelindegift.d.patch. Please check it because I'm not sure about it. Could someone inform cmorgan about it?

@ALIEN

Leonardo, are you still using Windows XP as you main OS? If yes, please add self-elevating for every bat file that BWP has because recently encounter some problems with patch.exe utility. I don't know why it require admin rights but OS clearly shows that this file need admin rights. Windows 10 is coming and disabling UAC will prevent running every metro/modern app and also new Settings app thus disabling it will cause more and more headache for users.

Maybe you can also use some differnt patch.exe, a windows based one, not ported linux tool.

http://blogs.technet...ing-script.aspx

http://stackoverflow...c-administrator

I didn't manage to get it to work.

#197 Niewiem

Niewiem
  • 33 posts

Posted 09 September 2015 - 10:25 AM

I got same thing as Leonardo with Lolfixer.
http://www.shsforums...l-form-new-guy/

#198 Bill Bisco

Bill Bisco
  • 487 posts

Posted 10 September 2015 - 09:44 AM

Thank you Leonardo for tour efforts. Sorry to see that there are still issues.

#199 -Ostar-

-Ostar-

Posted 11 September 2015 - 12:33 AM

Running BGT with BWP 15. I've run all the way into TOB, and just left the Pocket Plane.

But Watchers Keep crashes when I try to travel to it. Error: An Assertion failed in CWorldMap.cpp line 1194.

So I CLUA MoveToArea (3000). I appear, the intro plays, and then my journal updates saying I've finished Watcher's Keep and all entrances are sealed before I can do anything.

BUT - I CLUA Move to an old SOA area not accessible in TOB (DeArnise Hold). Then I can move via the World Map to WK and start the quest.

BUT - if I move out of WK via the Map and THEN move back in via the Map, the WK quest auto completes again.

#200 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 02:06 PM

Running BGT with BWP 15. I've run all the way into TOB, and just left the Pocket Plane.

But Watchers Keep crashes when I try to travel to it. Error: An Assertion failed in CWorldMap.cpp line 1194.

So I CLUA MoveToArea (3000). I appear, the intro plays, and then my journal updates saying I've finished Watcher's Keep and all entrances are sealed before I can do anything.

BUT - I CLUA Move to an old SOA area not accessible in TOB (DeArnise Hold). Then I can move via the World Map to WK and start the quest.

BUT - if I move out of WK via the Map and THEN move back in via the Map, the WK quest auto completes again.

I had the same problem (except for the crash) with WK saying the quest is finished. I found a number of mistakes in ar3000.bcs that causes it.

Since I had no idea how many or which mods have tweaked ar3000.bcs in my installation, I added some blocks to the top of the script and all went well afterwards. I have tested this code on various BGT installs with correct results.

Spoiler

You may want to try it.

Edited by Roxanne, 11 September 2015 - 02:11 PM.

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*