Walkable regions all messed up in Waukeen's Promanade

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Evani

Evani
  • 29 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 08:21 PM

Hello,

I'm running a BGT megamod and for some reason my walkable regions are all messed up but only in Waukeen's promanade. Right now I cannot enter a few modded shops but more importantly, I can't reach or find exits on the maps. Is there a way to fix the in DLTCEP? I thought it might be less of a hassle than reinstalling/troubleshooting the bug. Attached is my area file if it's of any use.

Thanks!

Attached Files

#2 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 21 July 2015 - 12:24 AM

Please attach your weidu.log and do a changelog of ar0700.are and ar0700.wed. Changelog instructions should be there in the stickied megamod faq thread by The Imp :)

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#3 Argent77

Argent77
  • Administrator
  • 1397 posts

Posted 21 July 2015 - 12:53 AM

Might be an incorrectly assigned search map. Your AR0700SR.BMP should look like this:

Spoiler

#4 Shuv-Oohl

Shuv-Oohl
  • Modder
  • 113 posts

Posted 21 July 2015 - 06:07 AM

Sounds like you installed "BG1-NewTravelSystem".

if so

#5 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 21 July 2015 - 08:43 AM

Wow that was a shitty bug :lol:

Extract the attachment and drop the files into your override to fix this... as for fixing this for future users, we apply this patch:

--- BG_Travel\Setup-BG_Travel.TP2    Sat May 01 16:08:57 2010
+++ C:\BWP Patchstudio\patched files\BG_Travel\Setup-BG_Travel.TP2    Tue Jul 21 22:02:57 2015
@@ -1,6 +1,6 @@
 BACKUP ~BG_Travel/BACKUP~
 AUTHOR ~zed_nocear@wp.pl    (http://free.of.pl/z/zed.nocear/)~
-
+VERSION ~v1.0d BWP Fix~
 README ~BG_Travel/Readme-TravelBG.%LANGUAGE%.txt~

AUTO_TRA ~TWM_Pack/Translations/%s~
@@ -80,7 +80,15 @@

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
 // usuniêcie dotychczasowego systemu podró¿owania miêdzy lokacjami Wrót Baldura
-COPY ~BG_Travel/BG-SR-BMP~ ~override~
+COPY ~BG_Travel/BG-SR-BMP/AR0100SR.BMP~ ~override/%Z!AreaPrefix%%Z!AreaNumber1%SR.BMP~
+COPY ~BG_Travel/BG-SR-BMP/AR0200SR.BMP~ ~override/%Z!AreaPrefix%%Z!AreaNumber2%SR.BMP~
+COPY ~BG_Travel/BG-SR-BMP/AR0300SR.BMP~ ~override/%Z!AreaPrefix%%Z!AreaNumber3%SR.BMP~
+COPY ~BG_Travel/BG-SR-BMP/AR0600SR.BMP~ ~override/%Z!AreaPrefix%%Z!AreaNumber4%SR.BMP~
+COPY ~BG_Travel/BG-SR-BMP/AR0700SR.BMP~ ~override/%Z!AreaPrefix%%Z!AreaNumber5%SR.BMP~
+COPY ~BG_Travel/BG-SR-BMP/AR0800SR.BMP~ ~override/%Z!AreaPrefix%%Z!AreaNumber6%SR.BMP~
+COPY ~BG_Travel/BG-SR-BMP/AR1100SR.BMP~ ~override/%Z!AreaPrefix%%Z!AreaNumber7%SR.BMP~
+COPY ~BG_Travel/BG-SR-BMP/AR1200SR.BMP~ ~override/%Z!AreaPrefix%%Z!AreaNumber8%SR.BMP~
+COPY ~BG_Travel/BG-SR-BMP/AR1300SR.BMP~ ~override/%Z!AreaPrefix%%Z!AreaNumber9%SR.BMP~

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
 // definicja funkcji wstawiaj¹cej "entrances" do map ARE na potrzeby TWM

And BWPFixpack'd :cheers:

Attached Files

Edited by Lollorian, 21 July 2015 - 08:46 AM.

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

#6 -tuldor88-

-tuldor88-

Posted 22 July 2015 - 06:07 AM

Thanks Lollorian ;)

#7 Evani

Evani
  • 29 posts

Posted 25 July 2015 - 12:41 AM

Wow. Your assessment & fix was spot on. Magic! Thanks Shuv-Oohl and Lollorian!

Edited by Evani, 25 July 2015 - 01:05 AM.

#8 Evani

Evani
  • 29 posts

Posted 25 July 2015 - 01:28 AM

Weird.The fix worked for Dock's but not Waukeen's. I'm getting:

An assertion failed in ChDimm.cpp at line # 7641. Programmer says: d:\programs\bgtf\cd2\data.area0700.bif: attempted to use compressed BIF from CD, check free hard drive space.

I'm suspecting that it's because my ar0700.bmp is biffed to a different location, tb#gen33.bif. Other areas seem to be linked ok though. How do I link the override to the bif?

#9 Evani

Evani
  • 29 posts

Posted 25 July 2015 - 01:29 AM

Tried winbiff surgery(moving ar0700sr.bmp override into tb#gen33.bif). Same error

#10 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 25 July 2015 - 04:31 AM

How do I link the override to the bif?
Open the baldur.ini file in your game folder with Notepad and copy paste the content to a post here.

Edited by The Imp, 25 July 2015 - 04:34 AM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#11 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 25 July 2015 - 08:56 AM

Shooting in the dark here but try this from the Aurora mod's readme:

Assertion failed in ChDimm.cpp at line #7641
Exp: pBiffHeader->dwFileType != mmioFOURCC('B', 'I', 'F', 'C')
Msg: c:\{path}\bg2\cd#\DATA\BIFNAME.BIF: attempted to use compressed BIF from CD, check free hard drive space

Sometimes, the referenced BIF will exist, but the game expects it to be in your main \data folder or in \cache\data. Copying it from the cd# folder (or the CD itself) will sometimes work. Other times, you may need to use DLTCEP to decompress the BIF. To do this, go to Extraction > Uncompress BIF. The decompressed BIF should end up in your main \data folder. Relaunch the game and see if this resolves the issue.

Hope it works out :cheers:

#12 Evani

Evani
  • 29 posts

Posted 25 July 2015 - 11:45 AM

Wow. You really are a magician lol. Extracting the bif from cd# works! I do need to reapply the fix though.

#13 Tuldor88

Tuldor88
  • 7 posts

Posted 31 July 2015 - 10:09 AM

Tiny update by Zed Nocear (author of BG1-NewTravelSystem) :

VERSION HISTORY:
v.2.0
- NEW: added minimalistic version of component (access to 2 small areas of BG only)
- NEW: the solution includes Isle of Balduran
- FIX: overwriting search map BMPs is completely removed
- FIX: correction of variables evaluation (EVAL) thanks to Lollorian
- FIX: small corrections of "travel region - entrance" system in BG
- FIX: compatibility with Weidu237
- FIX: compatibility with BGEE

Edited by Tuldor88, 31 July 2015 - 10:09 AM.

#14 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 31 July 2015 - 10:35 AM

Updating links and removing patches :cheers:

#15 Shuv-Oohl

Shuv-Oohl
  • Modder
  • 113 posts

Posted 31 July 2015 - 04:59 PM

So finally we arrived at a decent mod worth being included in standard installation.
Serdeczne podziękowania! to the author and many thanks to Lollorian.
(If you think german is difficult you may be willing to note here that polish is just nerd thumping.)