Photo

Sandrah Saga for EET (Bug and Support Forum)

EET Mega Mod

• Please log in to reply
1095 replies to this topic

#221 zonx

zonx
  • 93 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 01:19 PM

It may be good to point out the potential conflict between Sandrah and Scales of Balance component 200.

I don't think this is the issue as I've completed the quests you mentioned twice with both SR and that component installed. Keep going and see how you go, maybe include your weidu.log's when you run into next issue.

#222 Blandings1

Blandings1
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 03:20 PM

Here is my wediu log.

Attached Files

#223 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 10:46 PM

It may be good to point out the potential conflict between Sandrah and Scales of Balance component 200.

I don't think this is the issue as I've completed the quests you mentioned twice with both SR and that component installed. Keep going and see how you go, maybe include your weidu.log's when you run into next issue.

Here is my wediu log.

Did you apply a higher difficulty level to your game, e.g. setting the slider to "insanity mode" or similar?

Not sure how that works in this case but it may increase the damage applied beyond what is wanted.

I have not tested Scales of Balance but my understanding is that among other things it *balances* HPs in some way - but still 70% of whatever modified value should still be 70% and not killing the cre?

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

#224 Blandings1

Blandings1
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 January 2017 - 02:23 AM

Did you apply a higher difficulty level to your game, e.g. setting the slider to "insanity mode" or similar?

Not sure how that works in this case but it may increase the damage applied beyond what is wanted.

I have not tested Scales of Balance but my understanding is that among other things it *balances* HPs in some way - but still 70% of whatever modified value should still be 70% and not killing the cre?

I was playing on Hard (one level higher than Core). I just did a quick test with difficult settings and it does affect the damage Sandrah receives after resurrecting. At Hard, 50% more damage is received. 

#225 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 24 January 2017 - 03:05 AM

I was playing on Hard (one level higher than Core). I just did a quick test with difficult settings and it does affect the damage Sandrah receives after resurrecting. At Hard, 50% more damage is received.

In this case - is this a bug or something to be expected?

I mean, you want it hard and you get it hard. Hard means that your party members can die permanently and be lost forever. Under normal or core you get a penalty but can recover, hard or insane removes the parachute.

Reducing the damage in the mod itself would mean that the penalty under *normal* conditions would be too small...

There is maybe a method to evaluate difficulty from Difflev.ids and script different reactions for different levels. I have seen it in the old game but I am not sure if it still works in EET (a few scripts like Melissan in ToB have it) or if it just inherited code. And...even if it works, should it be done?

Here is something to test in CVSandra.bcs

Spoiler

Food for thought...

Edited by Roxanne, 24 January 2017 - 08:11 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

#226 Blandings1

Blandings1
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 January 2017 - 04:31 AM

I mean, you want it hard and you get it hard. Hard means that your party members can die permanently and be lost forever. Under normal or core you get a penalty but can recover, hard or insane removes the parachute.

Reducing the damage in the mod itself would mean that the penalty under *normal* conditions would be too small...

There is maybe a method to evaluate difficulty from Difflev.ids and script different reactions for different levels. I have seen it in the old game but I am not sure if it still works in EET (a few scripts like Melissan in ToB have it) or if it just inherited code. And...even if it works, should it be done?

Food for thought...

That new script block works. By setting the damage percent to 49 for not normal difficulty, it works for both hard and insane difficulty levels. Whether this should be done is another question. I kind of like the idea that at harder levels Sandrah is not able to resurrect. However, for the healing quest, having her die breaks the quest and that may not be such a good thing.

You could just add a disclaimer in the readme stating that some quests and actions will be too difficult for Sandrah to perform above Core difficulty levels!

#227 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 24 January 2017 - 05:00 AM

Food for thought...

That new script block works. By setting the damage percent to 49 for not normal difficulty, it works for both hard and insane difficulty levels. Whether this should be done is another question. I kind of like the idea that at harder levels Sandrah is not able to resurrect. However, for the healing quest, having her die breaks the quest and that may not be such a good thing.

You could just add a disclaimer in the readme stating that some quests and actions will be too difficult for Sandrah to perform above Core difficulty levels!

Thanks for that insight - so 49 would be fine.

Meanwhile I took a look and found that there will be a number of occasions that may be affected in the same way as the healing quest, especially some confrontations with later enemies (e.g. Talos, Szas Tamm or others). These events bring you (and your friends) to the edge of your elimination and are supposed to fuel your ambitions to *buttkick* those bastards once you are able (like in RtF later on). Most likely you will not survive them in the harder settings.

When I designed the mods, I was sure that people going for hard/insane tactical installs would never be interested in a long-winding story mod like Sandrah - maybe I was wrong.

Your test has shown it is quite feasible and possible to extend some scripts to allow for the harder settings as well - but...

I think that the later chapters and the sequels after ToB may be rather disappointing for such players. But I am open to any suggestions.

The Sandrah Saga

#228 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 24 January 2017 - 08:25 AM

By setting the damage percent to 49 for not normal difficulty, it works for both hard and insane difficulty levels.

Just a hint - there are scripts in the vanilla game that may provide you with the similar issue.

E.g.        ActionOverride("hexxat",ApplyDamagePercent(Myself,70,FIRE))   for Hexxat

or           ApplyDamagePercent(Myself,60,FIRE)  for the creature in the beholder quest temple

The Sandrah Saga

#229 Blandings1

Blandings1
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 January 2017 - 03:42 AM

By setting the damage percent to 49 for not normal difficulty, it works for both hard and insane difficulty levels.

Just a hint - there are scripts in the vanilla game that may provide you with the similar issue.

E.g.        ActionOverride("hexxat",ApplyDamagePercent(Myself,70,FIRE))   for Hexxat

or           ApplyDamagePercent(Myself,60,FIRE)  for the creature in the beholder quest temple

The difficulty setting is supposed to only effect enemy damage and not all damage. I think perhaps the way those lines are written may be considered self damage and so could be fine. I have never had any issues dying unexpectedly during game scripted events in the vanilla game. But I haven't played vanilla in a very very long time so I don't remember if I played on increased difficulty.

#230 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 25 January 2017 - 03:54 AM

The difficulty setting is supposed to only effect enemy damage and not all damage. I think perhaps the way those lines are written may be considered self damage and so could be fine. I have never had any issues dying unexpectedly during game scripted events in the vanilla game. But I haven't played vanilla in a very very long time so I don't remember if I played on increased difficulty.

Thanks.

I have meanwhile tried to identify all instances in Sandrah that may be affected and I added extra code to treat the Hard and Insane settings separately. With this update, the mod should now work for all difficulty settings. (If there are still occurances left, these are oversights and bugs and I will repair them if someone reports them.).

Spoiler

The Sandrah Saga

#231 konva

konva
  • 738 posts

Posted 25 January 2017 - 06:33 AM

Hi Roxanne please could you provide me solution for mine stuck in Shauhanna quest? In mine topic: http://www.shsforums...t-installation/

I probably misses something at the beginning but I dont have previous save close enough.

#232 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 25 January 2017 - 08:36 AM

Hi Roxanne please could you provide me solution for mine stuck in Shauhanna quest? In mine topic: http://www.shsforums...t-installation/

I probably misses something at the beginning but I dont have previous save close enough.

No need to post in two threads.

The Sandrah Saga

#233 konva

konva
  • 738 posts

Posted 31 January 2017 - 02:09 PM

hi Roxanne, Just a quick question, does Sandrah have some special mystra related cloak? If so, then I have lost it somewhere :D

#234 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 31 January 2017 - 09:43 PM

hi Roxanne, Just a quick question, does Sandrah have some special mystra related cloak? If so, then I have lost it somewhere :D

Spoiler

The Sandrah Saga

#235 konva

konva
  • 738 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 06:26 AM

Hi Roxanne, I found something weird with Sandrah. Regarding to this http://www.shsforums...ation/?p=592853

She constantly casts mass cure( i guess one cast per 10 seconds). I believe its not intended, because I must kill Foundling with ctrl + y key to continue proper play. Just after I did this, she starts that castings

#236 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 07:49 AM

Hi Roxanne, I found something weird with Sandrah. Regarding to this http://www.shsforums...ation/?p=592853

She constantly casts mass cure( i guess one cast per 10 seconds). I believe its not intended, because I must kill Foundling with ctrl + y key to continue proper play. Just after I did this, she starts that castings

Choose ONE of the following options

1. SetGlobal("L#FouToBQuest","GLOBAL",8 ) and ressurrect Foundling >> (skips his bugged quest in ToB)

2. Remove dead Foundling from the party >> (you will not solve the bug during this game anyway)

3. SetGlobal("SanHealToB","GLOBAL",9) >> no more healing from Sandrah hitherto

4. Kick out Sandrah

5. Open CVSan25.bcs in Near Infinity,

Spoiler

Edited by Roxanne, 03 February 2017 - 08:00 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

#237 bladestriker

bladestriker
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 04:39 PM

First thanks for creating this mod its been fun for the most part. :P

Anyways during the Pirate Island quest after clearing the island and picking up the treasure and the Sharkta Fai papers Sandrah keeps attempting to talk to me but no dialog window launches. Am I just missing something or is this a bug I can fix with the console window some how?  Finch is not in the party. Thanks for the help.

#238 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 04 February 2017 - 12:41 AM

Finch is not required for this.

I propose to do this

check if

C:GetGlobal("SanSuBH","GLOBAL") value is 30.

- If yes, drop the stack of papers and any pirate bag you picked up.

- C:SetGlobal("SanSuBH","GLOBAL",29)

- Make sure everybody is alive, then pick up the loot again

Hopefully Sandrah now talks to you.

It may have just been some hick-up.

If it does not help, I suggest to make a save, put it in some zip or rar file and post it.

Edited by Roxanne, 04 February 2017 - 12:43 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

#239 bladestriker

bladestriker
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 February 2017 - 06:50 AM

I tried that and it still doesn't launch the talk below is the save file. Thanks for the help

Attached Files

#240 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 04 February 2017 - 07:46 AM

I tried that and it still doesn't launch the talk below is the save file. Thanks for the help

I am sorry for this but there is indeed a bug here, a small typo with bad effect.

Spoiler

Do this

SetGlobal("Orcprison","Global",26)

You will have Sandrah starting at first some (invalid) dialogue that you please ignore. Then she will start the real dialogue.

After you finished the talk please  SetGlobal("Orcprison","Global",25) again.

Thanks to your finding I will correct this bug. Hope you will still be able to enjoy the mod.

PS - One question. After Imoen/Travenhurst, did you re-visit the Beregost Temple to have the ownership registered?

Edited by Roxanne, 04 February 2017 - 08:52 AM.

The Sandrah Saga