Photo

Sandrah Saga for EET (Bug and Support Forum)

EET Mega Mod

• Please log in to reply
1095 replies to this topic

#321 -Kvothe-

-Kvothe-

Posted 27 February 2017 - 02:20 PM

Uhm I do not remember every details but..

Spoiler

#322 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 02:36 PM

Spoiler

All of this looks fine - except that he gave you the parcel at this time. He gives it to Sandrah after the quest is done.

But if you had the parcel (by whatever magic) and you went to Beregost Morninglord temple some time after that - then the global is set wrong. And maybe this is what happened.

It should still be set at 1 and you should not have that parcel yet. (and never could have visited Waterdeep yet).

The only other way for Sandrah to get hold of the parcel is when you sell her to the demon (the one you say you never found.).

Something broke Elminsa.dlg. It would be helpful if you could find that file in your override and post it here,

Edited by Roxanne, 27 February 2017 - 02:44 PM.

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

#323 -Kvothe-

-Kvothe-

Posted 27 February 2017 - 02:52 PM

Spoiler

All of this looks fine - except that he gave you the parcel at this time. He gives it to Sandrah after the quest is done.

But if you had the parcel (by whatever magic) and you went to Beregost Morninglord temple some time after that - then the global is set wrong. And maybe this is what happened.

It should still be set at 1 and you should not have that parcel yet. (and never could have visited Waterdeep yet).

The only other way for Sandrah to get hold of the parcel is when you sell her to the demon (the one you say you never found.).

Something broke Elminsa.dlg. It would be helpful if you could find that file in your override and post it here,

i havent installed shadowkeeper(or the ee equivalent), there is some more code above that which cant be read by notepad but maybe its not important at this point (seems like some metadata).

Spoiler

#324 -Kvothe-

-Kvothe-

Posted 27 February 2017 - 03:02 PM

just mentioning: Elminster is still at the temple at the frienly inn but cant be talked with and doesnt show up in his house in waterdeep at my current game progress.

#325 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 03:08 PM

Sorry - I did not phrase that precisely enough.

Do not post the contents of that file but use the *attach file* function which you find when you open the More Reply Options on this page.

In order to progress your game, suggest to C:SetGlobal("SanNarQ","GLOBAL",1)  - pay a visit to the Cloudpeaks - pretend that you do not have that parcel (it may do nothing for you anyway but is not removable) - avoid the Morninglord temple until you delivered the item to E.

The Sandrah Saga

#326 -Kvothe-

-Kvothe-

Posted 27 February 2017 - 04:09 PM

Doesnt this screw up my current progress with Sandrah like solving the waterdeep quests, Henning&Imoen etc? I need to wait till i get a conformation mail as I do not have a registered account yet for uploading data.

#327 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 09:52 PM

Doesnt this screw up my current progress with Sandrah like solving the waterdeep quests, Henning&Imoen etc? I need to wait till i get a conformation mail as I do not have a registered account yet for uploading data.

You should be fine with the rest as long as you stay away from Waterdeep and Morninglord until you brought back the item to E.

No more need to post anything - when you mentioned Henning, I found the probable source of the issue. You did the rescue of Henning prior starting the shard quest. This sequence was not foreseen. Sandrah received the parcel when she brought Henning to Waterdeep and had it on her return from there. This has bugged the quest.

Thanks to your finding, I have repaired that bug now, i.e.the parcel will only be restored in the rescue scene if you had it before (this check was missing). I have already updated the mod.. The quests can now be played in any sequence.

I apologize for that inconvenience but I hope you can now continue your game.

PS - The whole thing was a leftover from the BGT version, the parcel restoration is not needed for EET anymore.

Edited by Roxanne, 27 February 2017 - 11:58 PM.

The Sandrah Saga

#328 -Kvothe-

-Kvothe-

Posted 28 February 2017 - 01:58 AM

No in inconviniences at all. It's fun exploring this mod and great to have this immediate feedback from your side. I'll keep you up to date if I get stuck somewhere else ^^

#329 -Kvothe-

-Kvothe-

Posted 28 February 2017 - 02:18 AM

Not sure if this is a bug:

Spoiler

#330 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 28 February 2017 - 02:43 AM

Not sure if this is a bug:

Spoiler

No bug. And nothing is over until...chances are that you see the guy again.

PS - Not all issues of the new EE journal with respect to how mod added entries are handled have been sorted out fully. Only very recently the new Weidu 2.40 has allowed us to use the quests part of the journal at all.

I will keep my mod updated with every new development that becomes available to the modding community - until then some cosmetic issues may still exist.

Edited by Roxanne, 28 February 2017 - 02:47 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

#331 K4thos

K4thos
  • Modder
  • 315 posts

Posted 28 February 2017 - 12:44 PM

Sandrah's textscreens (at least that love talk one, didn't check others) looks awful in EET regardless of the GUI used (misaligned text, different boarder). Here are Gimp templates for both SoD and BG2:EE GUI textscreens:
https://www.sendspace.com/file/ej2b0y
Image shadow is in separate layer so you can get rid of it if you don't like this effect.

If you're going to include both GUI versions BG2EE GUI variant should go to override and SoD GUI variant to EET/SoD_GUI directory (this way they will be copied to override if needed during setup-EET_gui.exe installation)

Edited by K4thos, 28 February 2017 - 12:48 PM.

#332 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 28 February 2017 - 01:17 PM

Sandrah's textscreens (at least that love talk one, didn't check others) looks awful in EET regardless of the GUI used (misaligned text, different boarder). Here are Gimp templates for both SoD and BG2:EE GUI textscreens:
Image shadow is in separate layer so you can get rid of it if you don't like this effect.

If you're going to include both GUI versions BG2EE GUI variant should go to override and SoD GUI variant to EET/SoD_GUI directory (this way they will be copied to override if needed during setup-EET_gui.exe installation)

Thank you for trying to help me - but I have no idea what a .xcf is and what I can do with it?

Yes, I googled for it but it made me no wiser of how that relates to BG files.

Always willing to try new things. I will play around a bit and see how far I get on my own. (not try to copy temnix)

Edited by Roxanne, 28 February 2017 - 01:47 PM.

The Sandrah Saga

#333 K4thos

K4thos
  • Modder
  • 315 posts

Posted 28 February 2017 - 01:47 PM

It's image format created in Gimp. It's also supported by Photoshop and probably other graphics programs (obviously not MS Paint). Each file has 3 layers that you can use to create new textscreens without much effort (boarder is ready + additional optional layer with shadow to cover imperfections + optional black background. It's a matter of placing the image in a new layer below the boarder and shadow). Read some tutorial what "layer" is if you're interested. Once the image is finished just export it in Gimp to BMP/PNG and convert it to MOS (or even don't convert since EE supports PNGs natively if I remember correctly)

I've created above templates to convert BG2:EE and IWD:EE textscreens for other GUI style variants.

Edited by K4thos, 28 February 2017 - 03:25 PM.

#334 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 28 February 2017 - 01:51 PM

It's image format created in Gimp. It's also supported by Photoshop and probably other graphics programs (obviously not MS Paint). Each file has 3 layers that you can use to create new textscreens without any effort (boarder is ready, additional layer with shadow to cover imperfections, it's a matter of placing the image in a new layer below the boarder and shadow). Read some tutorial what "layer" is if you're interested. Once the image is finished just export it in Gimp to BMP/PNG and convert it to MOS (or even don't convert since EE supports PNGs natively if I remember correctly)

Thanks - I am just installing Gimp right now and will see. Once I have the image it is no problem to use NI to create the new mos files for the textscreens.

The Sandrah Saga

#335 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 28 February 2017 - 02:11 PM

It's image format created in Gimp. It's also supported by Photoshop and probably other graphics programs (obviously not MS Paint). Each file has 3 layers that you can use to create new textscreens without any effort (boarder is ready, additional layer with shadow to cover imperfections, it's a matter of placing the image in a new layer below the boarder and shadow). Read some tutorial what "layer" is if you're interested. Once the image is finished just export it in Gimp to BMP/PNG and convert it to MOS (or even don't convert since EE supports PNGs natively if I remember correctly)

Thanks - I am just installing Gimp right now and will see. Once I have the image it is no problem to use NI to create the new mos files for the textscreens.

Hey, thanks a lot. That is really fun and simple, I have my first one ready and will test it. That layer stuff is cool and the picture already looks much better.

I was unhappy myself about how the texts no longer fitted into the boxes after changing to EE format, I hope that is better now.

Just a short additional question - I guess  it will be possible to use the BG2EE template in SoD as well? It has the same size - or will text overlap? I have seen no mod so far which has a different set for the different GUIs.

Edited by Roxanne, 28 February 2017 - 02:20 PM.

The Sandrah Saga

#336 K4thos

K4thos
  • Modder
  • 315 posts

Posted 28 February 2017 - 02:36 PM

Just a short additional question - I guess  it will be possible to use the BG2EE template in SoD as well? It has the same size - or will text overlap? I have seen no mod so far which has a different set for the different GUIs.

don't know, never tried it. But either way for consistency sake please consider using both styles and install them like this:

#337 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 28 February 2017 - 03:04 PM

Fine - you have convinced me already.

Even with the mass of files spread across the 3 mod parts, it is not too much work, now that I figured out how to do it quite easily.

It will improve the mod's quality to look less *amateurish*, especially since I use those effects quite a lot...

Thanks for kicking my lazy...something.

The Sandrah Saga

#338 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 01 March 2017 - 03:46 AM

Here are enhanced ones for both GUI variants. They are already included in the mod download as of now.

For a running game, extract the ones for the GUI you have installed into override, that is all.

Attached File  Textscreens.rar   11.52MB   106 downloads

In case I missed one of them, anyone let me know and i will add it.

The Sandrah Saga

#339 -Kvothe-

-Kvothe-

Posted 04 March 2017 - 04:50 PM

Just a minor thing.

Spoiler

#340 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 09:42 PM

Just a minor thing.

Spoiler

Thank you for that hint. I will add an additional check for it when the party is no longer poisoned.

To avoid this option to be further shown in Thalantir dialogues you can

C:SetGlobal("CVLotPlot","GLOBAL",4)

Or exploit my oversight and do the alternate quest anyway...

Edited by Roxanne, 04 March 2017 - 11:15 PM.

The Sandrah Saga