Photo

Sandrah Saga for EET (Bug and Support Forum)

EET Mega Mod

• Please log in to reply
1095 replies to this topic

#341 -Kvothe-

-Kvothe-

Posted 05 March 2017 - 06:57 AM

i'll go for that exploit :shifty: great mod so far, only waterdeep looks a bit to big for its content

#342 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 05 March 2017 - 08:15 AM

i'll go for that exploit :shifty: great mod so far, only waterdeep looks a bit to big for its content

Waterdeep is a hub for the remainder of the Sandrah quests and plots - you will revisit it often and there will be new stuff throughout the game. I assume you just did the initial BG1 visit so far? Maybe you did not even find all quests, no problem, most can be done anytime you are there.

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

#343 grynberg

grynberg
  • 13 posts

Posted 05 March 2017 - 10:24 AM

Hey.

I recently installed EET with the "Tactical" option that has the Sandrah saga included. I recruited Sandrah and we just cleaned out Cloakwood Mines. Right after coming out of the mines, Sandrah started a dialogue that went something like this

- There's a horsetrack near the waterdeep, i know how it feels to back the wrong horse

- You're calling me a horse?

- Save it for the enemies, byeah...

And she left.. What the heck happened?! I have maximum (20) reputation, I have never done anything to displease her and i've done all the sidequests she provided so far.

Is this a part of the story or did something just went badly wrong?

EDIT: Incidently, is there a full walkthrough of her quests? So I know later if i stumble on a real bug?

Edited by grynberg, 05 March 2017 - 10:31 AM.

#344 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 05 March 2017 - 10:42 AM

Hey.

I recently installed EET with the "Tactical" option that has the Sandrah saga included. I recruited Sandrah and we just cleaned out Cloakwood Mines. Right after coming out of the mines, Sandrah started a dialogue that went something like this

- There's a horsetrack near the waterdeep, i know how it feels to back the wrong horse

- You're calling me a horse?

- Save it for the enemies, byeah...

After that Imoen called me an idiot child..

And she left.. What the heck happened?! I have maximum (20) reputation, I have never done anything to displease her and i've done all the sidequests she provided so far.

Is this a part of the story or did something just went badly wrong?

EDIT: Incidently, is there a full walkthrough of her quests? So I know later if i stumble on a real bug?

It is not a bug - it is a counter tracking your and her compatibility overall. It was too low at this crucial checkpoint (coming out of the mines). Since there are many factors (quests done, answers given, decisions taken in various quests, talking to her via PID), it is impossible to tell why she is does not believe you are the right bhaalspawn she is looking for..

Spoiler

https://www.google.c...9VlWZg_I-YOwE_Q

The Sandrah Saga

#345 grynberg

grynberg
  • 13 posts

Posted 05 March 2017 - 10:48 AM

Does this mean Sandrah is gone now unless i reload an earlier save and try the things in the list you posted?

EDIT: Sanspoints was set to 19 by the way. I don't understand why it\s that low. I've been everywhere already. I basically cleaned everything except Durlogs Tower and Baldurs Gate.

Another edit: I'm going to get all the dumb questions out of the way quick. You said " talking to her via PID". What's PID?

Edited by grynberg, 05 March 2017 - 10:55 AM.

#346 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 05 March 2017 - 10:57 AM

Does this mean Sandrah is gone now unless i reload an earlier save and try the things in the list you posted?

EDIT: Sanspoints was set to 19 by the way. I don't understand why it\s that low. I've been everywhere already. I basically cleaned everything except Durlogs Tower and Baldurs Gate.

Yes, she is gone (probably siding with Balthasar). You must have done something very weird to her otherwise she should have given you a warning somewhere earlier. However, it is very complex to trace that back, the possibilities until chapter 5 are just too many.

PS - that list is just some of the things that are in the mod, does not mean all of it must be done or even can be done in one playthrough. It is an old list from the planning stage, so the current version of the mod contains much more.

Edited by Roxanne, 05 March 2017 - 11:15 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

#347 grynberg

grynberg
  • 13 posts

Posted 05 March 2017 - 12:08 PM

Yes, she is gone (probably siding with Balthasar). You must have done something very weird to her otherwise she should have given you a warning somewhere earlier. However, it is very complex to trace that back, the possibilities until chapter 5 are just too many.

PS - that list is just some of the things that are in the mod, does not mean all of it must be done or even can be done in one playthrough. It is an old list from the planning stage, so the current version of the mod contains much more.

Thanks for the replies. I'll try to figure out where i went wrong. I'll load an earlier save and check my sanpoint score. Perhaps it's salvageable.

#348 grynberg

grynberg
  • 13 posts

Posted 05 March 2017 - 10:49 PM

Yeah I have to start a new game to figure this out.

About talking to her, does she only talk when something important has happened? Because I've been trying to start a chat with her every 10 minutes but she never responds.

EDIT: By the way, I checked the score at the start of chapter 4 and it was 18. She was happy with a score of 18 at the beginning of chapter 4 and then she wants a score of 47 at the end of chapter 4? Is that intentional?

ANOTHER EDIT: I'm a bit baffled. I somehow managed to loose a point by travelling from Bandit Camp to Cloakwood Mines. Are those points awarded based on the topics you pick or just your actions?

Edited by grynberg, 05 March 2017 - 11:47 PM.

#349 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 06 March 2017 - 12:16 AM

About talking to her, does she only talk when something important has happened? Because I've been trying to start a chat with her every 10 minutes but she never responds.

This is odd - when you initiate dialogue with her (PID) she always has something to say, it changes frequently as you move along the plots. If not, them something is really broken in your install.

EDIT: By the way, I checked the score at the start of chapter 4 and it was 18. She was happy with a score of 18 at the beginning of chapter 4 and then she wants a score of 47 at the end of chapter 4? Is that intentional?

ANOTHER EDIT: I'm a bit baffled. I somehow managed to loose a point by travelling from Bandit Camp to Cloakwood Mines. Are those points awarded based on the topics you pick or just your actions?

Both, also how you act to decisions to be made in game, which opinions you issue etc. Most likely your problem is related to the first issue that you cannot talk to her.

I will investigate that.

The Sandrah Saga

#350 grynberg

grynberg
  • 13 posts

Posted 06 March 2017 - 12:25 AM

This is odd - when you initiate dialogue with her (PID) she always has something to say, it changes frequently as you move along the plots. If not, them something is really broken in your install.

I installed Siege of Dragonspear and BG2:EE and then installed the Tactical option from Big World Setup. I tried to start a new game, met her again just outside Candlekeep and tried PID. No response. Any way I can debug this?

#351 grynberg

grynberg
  • 13 posts

Posted 06 March 2017 - 12:38 AM

I grepped SandrahNPC mod files for Sanpoints to find out where they are increased and decreased. I have to say quite a lot of the options are head-scratchingly odd.

For example

IF~~THEN BEGIN ValiantKN2
SAY ~ The old legends say that a hero will rise and reclaim the holy weapon and this will mark a series of changes on the face of the Sword Coast unlike anything that Faerun has ever witnessed. ~
IF~~ THEN REPLY ~ And this hero is standing right in front of you now.~ DO ~ IncrementGlobal("Sanpoints","GLOBAL",-1)~ GOTO ValiantKN3
IF~~ THEN REPLY ~ Wow, another holy weapon for the hero-to-come. Just like your sword of Mystra. ~ DO~ IncrementGlobal("Sanpoints","GLOBAL",1)~  GOTO ValiantKN4
END

They are the exactly the same options! I could argue that she likes the compliment on the second option, but the first option? Is she really that insecure that she needs to be complimented at every sentence? (I went for the first option)

And then these two.. I just dont know what to think here. At one point she needs constant flattering, but here she rewards a snappy comeback?
++~You read my mind perfectly.~DO~IncrementGlobal("Sanpoints","GLOBAL",-1)~EXTERN Gazib 1
++~You know nothing about me, Sandrah.~ DO~IncrementGlobal("Sanpoints","GLOBAL",1)~EXIT

I have a feeling I'm not going to get through this mod without digging deep into the conversation files.

#352 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 06 March 2017 - 12:41 AM

I installed Siege of Dragonspear and BG2:EE and then installed the Tactical option from Big World Setup. I tried to start a new game, met her again just outside Candlekeep and tried PID. No response. Any way I can debug this?

I have the same problem with an install I just made yesterday. It looks like a problem recently introduced by EET itself.

I just made a report to the EET developper

http://gibberlings3....e=2#entry252160

EET adds a false filter to (probably not only Sandrah) dialogues so none can trigger during SoD or BG1. I am waiting for a response from K4thos, who normally provides fixes quite quickly.

If you are familiar with Near Infinity you can fix the issue in CVSandrJ.dlg by removing the blocking code

Global("EndofBG1","GLOBAL",2)
GlobalLT("CHAPTER","GLOBAL",20)

IsGabber(Player1)
Global("SanPidPack","GLOBAL",0)

EDIT - just removed these lines in my install and I can talk to her again. Looks like EET introduced the problem when fixing another problem.

The thing is added by the EET_end final component - which is otherwise needed, so it will not help to just uninstall this.

Edited by Roxanne, 06 March 2017 - 12:48 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

#353 grynberg

grynberg
  • 13 posts

Posted 06 March 2017 - 12:51 AM

I have the same problem with an install I just made yesterday. It looks like a problem recently introduced by EET itself.

EET adds a false filter to (probably not only Sandrah) dialogues so none can trigger during SoD or BG1. I am waiting for a response from K4thos, who normally provides fixes quite quickly.

If you are familiar with Near Infinity you can fix the issue in CVSandrJ.dlg by removing the blocking code

IsGabber(Player1)

EDIT - just removed these lines in my install and I can talk to her again. Looks like EET introduced the problem when fixing another problem.

The thing is added by the EET_end final component - which is otherwise needed, so it will not help to just uninstall this.

Do I remove only the red lines or the whole block?

#354 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 06 March 2017 - 12:55 AM

IsGabber(Player1)

Only the red lines - the other two are essential.

There are about 15 instances of that in the dialogue file, the last Global("SanPidPack","GLOBAL",X) is always different, this is the one which selects the right dialogue options for the respective part of the game.

The Sandrah Saga

#355 grynberg

grynberg
  • 13 posts

Posted 06 March 2017 - 01:00 AM

IsGabber(Player1)

There are about 15 instances of that in the dialogue file, the last Global("SanPidPack","GLOBAL",X) is always different, this is the one which selects the right dialogue options for the respective part of the game.

I have to clean up all the instances of these blocks?

#356 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 06 March 2017 - 01:02 AM

I grepped SandrahNPC mod files for Sanpoints to find out where they are increased and decreased. I have to say quite a lot of the options are head-scratchingly odd.

For example

SAY ~ The old legends say that a hero will rise and reclaim the holy weapon and this will mark a series of changes on the face of the Sword Coast unlike anything that Faerun has ever witnessed. ~
IF~~ THEN REPLY ~ And this hero is standing right in front of you now.~ DO ~ IncrementGlobal("Sanpoints","GLOBAL",-1)~ GOTO ValiantKN3
IF~~ THEN REPLY ~ Wow, another holy weapon for the hero-to-come. Just like your sword of Mystra. ~ DO~ IncrementGlobal("Sanpoints","GLOBAL",1)~  GOTO ValiantKN4
END

They are the exactly the same options! I could argue that she likes the compliment on the second option, but the first option? Is she really that insecure that she needs to be complimented at every sentence? (I went for the first option)

And then these two.. I just dont know what to think here. At one point she needs constant flattering, but here she rewards a snappy comeback?
++~You read my mind perfectly.~DO~IncrementGlobal("Sanpoints","GLOBAL",-1)~EXTERN Gazib 1
++~You know nothing about me, Sandrah.~ DO~IncrementGlobal("Sanpoints","GLOBAL",1)~EXIT

I have a feeling I'm not going to get through this mod without digging deep into the conversation files.

Those ares taken out of context.

In the valiant scene the PC is bragging to be the big hero (which is still to be proven) instead of taking the challenge to become the hero-to-be (but it is a long road at this point still).

The other scene is at the carneval, where that mage lets the Ogre explode for fun. When she likes to know if you want to see it again for enjoyment the first one is the negative answer (you want to see the killing again).

The Sandrah Saga

#357 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 06 March 2017 - 01:05 AM

IsGabber(Player1)

I have to clean up all the instances of these blocks?

Either that or wait for a tool that does it. K4thos is normally fixing this stuff pretty fast and provides some repair fix for the ones who are running a game already.

If you do it yourself, be careful to only wipe the ones that have exactly those red lines - there are some blocks that have slightly different additional filters and those are valid.

The Sandrah Saga

#358 grynberg

grynberg
  • 13 posts

Posted 06 March 2017 - 01:09 AM

For example

END

In the valiant scene the PC is bragging to be the big hero (which is still to be proven) instead of taking the challenge to become the hero-to-be (but it is a long road at this point still).

The other scene is at the carneval, where that mage lets the Ogre explode for fun. When she likes to know if you want to see it again for enjoyment the first one is the negative answer (you want to see the killing again).

Aha, my mistake then. I was annoyed that i was under performing by such a large margin. Editing the DLG file now and giving it another go.

#359 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 06 March 2017 - 01:14 AM

For example

END

Aha, my mistake then. I was annoyed that i was under performing by such a large margin. Editing the DLG file now and giving it another go.

No, it was really that PID problem. She is not fishing for compliments or agreement all the time, she respects your opinions even if different from her own (within reasonable range). And she is not so fragile that one wrong answer spoils the whole game.

Hopefully the repaired game will show this and correct the wrong impression.

The Sandrah Saga

#360 grynberg

grynberg
  • 13 posts

Posted 06 March 2017 - 01:25 AM

No, it was really that PID problem. She is not fishing for compliments or agreement all the time, she respects your opinions even if different from her own (within reasonable range). And she is not so fragile that one wrong answer spoils the whole game.

Hopefully the repaired game will show this and correct the wrong impression.

Thank you for all the help! Starting a new game now :)