Photo

Sandrah Saga for EET (Bug and Support Forum)

EET Mega Mod

• Please log in to reply
1095 replies to this topic

#381 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 03:14 PM

Cool, C:SetGlobal("Spawns","CVELS3",2) seemed to do the trick

This is the best of the three solutions.

Sorry, but I have no idea why that timer was not set for you. I never saw the problem before and the code was never modified. I just hope this was some local hickup in your game only.

EDIT - Just quickly tested it again in my game and it all worked fine. Somehow this one global was not set for you?

Edited by Roxanne, 16 March 2017 - 03:22 PM.

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

#382 Kvothe.

Kvothe.
  • 35 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 12:40 AM

Yeah, everything worked except for this timer :/ Didnt finish the quest yet but so far everything else seems fine =)

#383 Kvothe.

Kvothe.
  • 35 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 01:21 AM

Okay :D

Spoiler

Edited by Kvothe., 17 March 2017 - 01:21 AM.

#384 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 01:28 AM

Okay :D

Spoiler

Did you ask Sandrah's parcel for some?

PS - Adventurers chasing vampires without having wooden stakes with them?

PPS - The charm from vampires is most likely a side-effect from some newer mod - I am sure I read recently about a mod that tries to enhance vampires and the way they use charm. It is nothing that happened before. I put it on my list of things to investigate (and when I find again which new mod/mod component introduced it).

Edited by Roxanne, 17 March 2017 - 01:50 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

#385 Kvothe.

Kvothe.
  • 35 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 04:17 AM

The parcel, I forgot the parcel... Shame on me

PS -  My Adventures tend to act with precipitation

Edited by Kvothe., 17 March 2017 - 04:25 AM.

#386 -Eryr-

-Eryr-

Posted 19 March 2017 - 09:00 AM

Hi, Roxanne; I've finally decided to try out your mod because it looks quite amazing. However, while installing everything uisng BWS Setup, I keep getting these errors with Region of Terror. Do you happen to know how to progress with this installation to enjoy the full content of Sandrah?

Spoiler

#387 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 09:04 AM

Hi, Roxanne; I've finally decided to try out your mod because it looks quite amazing. However, while installing everything uisng BWS Setup, I keep getting these errors with Region of Terror. Do you happen to know how to progress with this installation to enjoy the full content of Sandrah?

Spoiler

RoT is not required for Sandrah - if you want to install it, you will have additional content from my mod. The EET version is brandnew and considered a test version (so you need to be prepared for bugs with it). 

If you still decide to try it - install ONLY THE MAIN COMPONENT of RoT!!

Edited by Roxanne, 19 March 2017 - 09:06 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

#388 -Eryr-

-Eryr-

Posted 19 March 2017 - 09:14 AM

Spoiler

RoT is not required for Sandrah - if you want to install it, you will have additional content from my mod. The EET version is brandnew and considered a test version (so you need to be prepared for bugs with it). 

Thanks a lot for the (incredibly quick) answer! 

If I wanted to install just the main component, how would I do it? The BWS install only lists one component in RoT (unless it's in a different place and I'm just not seeing it).

#389 -Eryr-

-Eryr-

Posted 19 March 2017 - 09:17 AM

Spoiler

If I wanted to install just the main component, how would I do it? The BWS install only lists one component in RoT (unless it's in a different place and I'm just not seeing it).

#390 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 09:35 AM

Spoiler

Sorry - this is something I see that was changed in BWS just a few days ago. I still installed RoT manually, so I had no problem.

It will be best to ask this question here to the BWS expert http://www.shsforums...te-the-program/

The Sandrah Saga

#391 -Eryr-

-Eryr-

Posted 19 March 2017 - 10:08 AM

Spoiler

Sorry - this is something I see that was changed in BWS just a few days ago. I still installed RoT manually, so I had no problem.

It will be best to ask this question here to the BWS expert http://www.shsforums...te-the-program/

Thank you very much. I'm reinstalling the game at the moment and I will try to stop the installation and install it manually. And I'll also ask in the topic you provided. Thanks!

#392 Kvothe.

Kvothe.
  • 35 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 04:57 AM

Hey,

Spoiler

#393 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 05:18 AM

Hey,

Spoiler

Check this

- Shauhana is with you

- You have the jewel that you found on the evil orc priest after his death (when you left the jail and he ambushed you outside)

- Sandrah is with you

- You come to the area with the waysign and the travel area

- Shauhana talks to you and you get a message that the road is now open

Check this C:GetGlobal("SanSharkta","GLOBAL")

Edited by Roxanne, 20 March 2017 - 05:20 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

#394 Kvothe.

Kvothe.
  • 35 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 05:26 AM

Check on everything except for Shauhana didnt talk to me and global "SanSharkta" doesnt exist

#395 Kvothe.

Kvothe.
  • 35 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 05:35 AM

Okay after travelling back to where we rescued Shauhana and inniating dialogue with her she started a conversation with sandrah about Brage and Sharkta Fai. Global does exist now

PS: Okay its working now. Some Dialogue didnt trigger as I was already back in Amn but got it working after travelling back

Edited by Kvothe., 20 March 2017 - 05:37 AM.

#396 Sam.

Sam.
  • Administrator
  • 1294 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 02:19 PM

I'll admit that I have not read through all 20 pages of this topic, so if I bring up something that has already been discussed, I apologize...

I'm not really fond of how the attack portion of Sandrah's script operates.  I'll give you a couple of examples:  there's this demon surrounded by witches casting death spells left and right.

Me:  Hey Sandrah, you like hammers and I get that, so how about you equip these Thrown Hammers and use them instead of running into that shit storm?

Sandrah:  *Forces throwing hammers into melee version and runs headlong and with all abandon to her own death.*

Situation 2:

Me: Hey Sandra, there's a whole room full of low level skeletons just up ahead.  How about you try to Turn Undead?

Sandrah: *Blatantly breaks all current actions/commands, equips her melee hammer, and runs headlong into the room.*

Looking at her script, the 1st problem is caused by

EquipMostDamagingMelee()

IMO this doesn't need to be there at all.  She shouldn't flat refuse to use ranged weapons if instructed to do so.  Second, she shouldn't ignore the player's commands.  I'm not huge into scripting, but wouldn't adding something like

ActionListEmpty()

to the IF portion of her attack block do the trick?

My next question/concern is that there have been several of Sandrah's dialogs that just sort of... abruptly ended.  There is no traditional "End Dialogue" button, the conversation just quits and dumps back to the main screen.  It makes me feel like there was supposed to have been something more, but something got broken and it didn't work.  An example is:

Spoiler

Also, while typing this post I just got the following dialog.  As you can see, Safana is nowhere in sight.  If fact, I'm in chapter 2...

Spoiler

Edit:  In hindsight, I hope that didn't come across as hostile.  I really didn't mean it that way...

Edited by Sam., 20 March 2017 - 05:05 PM.

"Ok, I've just about had my FILL of riddle asking, quest assigning, insult throwing, pun hurling, hostage taking, iron mongering, smart-arsed fools, freaks, and felons that continually test my will, mettle, strength, intelligence, and most of all, patience! If you've got a straight answer ANYWHERE in that bent little head of yours, I want to hear it pretty damn quick or I'm going to take a large blunt object roughly the size of Elminster AND his hat, and stuff it lengthwise into a crevice of your being so seldom seen that even the denizens of the nine hells themselves wouldn't touch it with a twenty-foot rusty halberd! Have I MADE myself perfectly CLEAR?!"

--<CHARNAME> to Portalbendarwinden

--------------------

post-10485-0-15080600-1348188745.jpg
___________Old pen and paper modules of the 70s and 80s.___________

CA Forums CA Homepage

#397 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 09:55 PM

I'll admit that I have not read through all 20 pages of this topic, so if I bring up something that has already been discussed, I apologize...

I'm not really fond of how the attack portion of Sandrah's script operates.  I'll give you a couple of examples:  there's this demon surrounded by witches casting death spells left and right.

Me:  Hey Sandrah, you like hammers and I get that, so how about you equip these Thrown Hammers and use them instead of running into that shit storm?

Sandrah:  *Forces throwing hammers into melee version and runs headlong and with all abandon to her own death.*

Situation 2:

Me: Hey Sandra, there's a whole room full of low level skeletons just up ahead.  How about you try to Turn Undead?

Sandrah: *Blatantly breaks all current actions/commands, equips her melee hammer, and runs headlong into the room.*

Looking at her script, the 1st problem is caused by

EquipMostDamagingMelee()

IMO this doesn't need to be there at all.  She shouldn't flat refuse to use ranged weapons if instructed to do so.  Second, she shouldn't ignore the player's commands.  I'm not huge into scripting, but wouldn't adding something like

ActionListEmpty()

to the IF portion of her attack block do the trick?

I will add this, it is missing from that block.

Her fighting style actually is intended as the compensation for her other talents. Without those *handicaps* she would be overpowered, she is not supposed to be able to handle it all.

Situation 3 - she stops attacking enemies and casts healing spells instead to keep you and the party alive.

Spoiler

My next question/concern is that there have been several of Sandrah's dialogs that just sort of... abruptly ended.  There is no traditional "End Dialogue" button, the conversation just quits and dumps back to the main screen.  It makes me feel like there was supposed to have been something more, but something got broken and it didn't work.  An example is:

Spoiler

Also, while typing this post I just got the following dialog.  As you can see, Safana is nowhere in sight.  If fact, I'm in chapter 2...

Spoiler

Edit:  In hindsight, I hope that didn't come across as hostile.  I really didn't mean it that way...

The first case (talking about the journal from Ulcaster ruins)

Spoiler

Second case (Missing Safana)

Spoiler

As you see there is no explanation why this talk should trigger without all these conditions being true?

Edited by Roxanne, 21 March 2017 - 01:17 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

#398 Sam.

Sam.
  • Administrator
  • 1294 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 10:20 AM

Spoiler

Spoiler

The first case (talking about the journal from Ulcaster ruins)
Spoiler

I do say the "Ghosts of the past" line. Upon actual examination, there doesn't appear to be anything broken or wrong with how you scripted the dialog.  I guess what has been throwing me off is that it is rare for the PC to have the final word in a conversation in the vanilla game (BG1 anyway), and it is exceptionally rare for the PC to have the last word and that last word not be blatantly obvious that the conversation is over.  Common examples include the PC ending the dialog with "Good day to you." and "As you wish."  With this and a few other conversations with Sandrah, I guess the PC's final line in the dialogue didn't give me the impression that the conversation was over.  It just felt like there should have been something else.

Second case (Missing Safana)

Spoiler

As you see there is no explanation why this talk should trigger without all these conditions being true?

I have had BG1 Safana in the party.  The SanSafaBan global does not exist before letting Safana join the party in the Lighthouse map.  It is 1 before entering the pirate cave.  It is 2 after finishing the cave and kicking her out of the party, but just before leaving the Lighthouse area.  It is 3 after the conversation in Ulcaster about Safana, despite Safana no longer being in the party and never having been in the area.  Still don't know why it triggered.  Ghosts in the machine, I guess.

"Ok, I've just about had my FILL of riddle asking, quest assigning, insult throwing, pun hurling, hostage taking, iron mongering, smart-arsed fools, freaks, and felons that continually test my will, mettle, strength, intelligence, and most of all, patience! If you've got a straight answer ANYWHERE in that bent little head of yours, I want to hear it pretty damn quick or I'm going to take a large blunt object roughly the size of Elminster AND his hat, and stuff it lengthwise into a crevice of your being so seldom seen that even the denizens of the nine hells themselves wouldn't touch it with a twenty-foot rusty halberd! Have I MADE myself perfectly CLEAR?!"

--------------------

CA Forums CA Homepage

#399 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 10:48 AM

Safana has become clear now - I will improve the checks for this case of *bad timing*.

When she joins, global sets to 1 and timer started.

Timer expired while in cave (Dungeon) and global set to 2.

But Sandrah delays banter until no longer in Dungeon (by this time you kicked Safana).

So next incident that a banter triggers, the machine finds the Global2 on a banter not yet executed and triggers it.

It just felt like there should have been something else.

The other case - yes, I use this *open* ending of dialogues frequently. Mostly in dialogues that set something in motion or just hint at something...the protagonist gets something to think about, some option to consider - thoughts and conversation trail off...

Maybe I should use "..." at the end of it to make it clearer that this is a kind of unfinished conversation?

Spoiler

Edited by Roxanne, 21 March 2017 - 10:50 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

#400 Sam.

Sam.
  • Administrator
  • 1294 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 01:06 PM

Maybe I should use "..." at the end of it to make it clearer that this is a kind of unfinished conversation?

Personally I really like that idea and think it would make it much more clear that these are open ended, trailing off, or lapsing into thought types of conversations.

On another note, are you open to more comments/suggestions/bug-reports-that-may-or-may-not-actually-be-bugs, or should I keep this type of thing to myself?

Edited by Sam., 21 March 2017 - 01:06 PM.

--------------------

CA Forums CA Homepage