Photo

Sandrah Saga for EET (Bug and Support Forum)

EET Mega Mod

• Please log in to reply
1095 replies to this topic

#481 hideyuki

hideyuki
  • 25 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 09:31 AM

yes, exacly this, even if I press instal all, there is lot of errors while instalation~

#482 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 09:40 AM

yes, exacly this, even if I press instal all, there is lot of errors while instalation~

In BG2EE you need to have at least TDDz, NTotSC (EET interim version) Ascension, Grey Clan, Dark Side of the Sword Coast, The Lure of the Sirine's Call

Otherwise you get install errors.

After Sandrah, you also need BP_BGT Worldmap, and after EET_End you need  SandrahEET_PID_Repair.

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

#483 hideyuki

hideyuki
  • 25 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 09:51 AM

thanks, gonna try to get those somehow, right now searching for BP_BGT Worldmap, I think I wanna have manual instal before gon for BWS i think, cause it take way to much time to instal all I think, plus seems there are some mods that have higher version than BWS require, and not sure what to get then, search for older ver or instal those..

#484 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 10:16 AM

thanks, gonna try to get those somehow, right now searching for BP_BGT Worldmap, I think I wanna have manual instal before gon for BWS i think, cause it take way to much time to instal all I think, plus seems there are some mods that have higher version than BWS require, and not sure what to get then, search for older ver or instal those..

You find most EET mods (and their links to current version) here

http://gibberlings3....741#entry240673

And yes, BWS is not maintained at this moment, it looks like Alien and agb1 are busy on another prohect...(a number of mod references in BWS are already outdated and patching the updated files by the tool therefore fails).

The Sandrah Saga

#485 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 12:08 AM

Not-a-walkthrough (in answer to some PMs on the subject)

Some quests on the first visit to Waterdeep

- Kattark the bandit >>> subquests - a) rescue the baby - b) get hints and rewards from Mystra's temple c) find the gang hideout - d) get the reward from Waukeen (the temple will be restored later in the game)

- the Shadow Thieves of Waterdeep - has a sequel later in the game (the Commander's house and garden are not yet accessible during the first visit).

- The Collector in the Festhall - has a sequel later in the game

- A book for Finch - works with or without Finch in party, the actual quest starts when leaving Waterdeep again

- The fishermen's problem (starts at the northern ward fish market, north of Mystra's temple)

- Tasks from Mystra's Temple (a - Kattark hints, b - Leyala's healing

Spoiler

- Meet Pelligram (at Elminster's home)

- A night on Sandrah's tower

- A very expensive restaurant (not really a quest)

- several glimpses on Sandrah's past (not really a quest)

- Naronguth's lost slippers (talk to Elminster before you leave Waterdeep again)

- Sandrah's mother's tomb - will become important later in the game

Notes

- Some quests get started by the first Waterdeep visit but evolve when you continue the game after leaving the town again (especially the bookhunter quest runs through all of BG1, it is also connected both with Imoen's Orphanage and Brage's further tale - it is in addition a pre-cursor to the major Shauhana quest in BG2 >>> all of that later connects with NTotSC events and a sequel in RtF where the full story culminates...)

- More parts or the town become accessible in further episodes of the game, Waterdeep (Mystra's temple) is a kind of stronghold for Sandrah where further quests start in all parts of the game.

Edited by Roxanne, 21 April 2017 - 12:13 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

#486 hideyuki

hideyuki
  • 25 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 03:22 AM

Hey Roxanne :)

thanks for posting it ^^

at this point I instaled some basic mods around, played thru Candlekeep, and next 2 zones and some outside area of Friendly Arm Inn. 

Sandrah mod seems nice, I like how some talks go on and how they expand so far. 

anyway thanks for awsome mod!

there are few things I got question about but those are spoilers, and I am searching for markin spoilers around, so those will have to wait ~ 

#487 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 07:47 AM

Hey Roxanne :)

thanks for posting it ^^

at this point I instaled some basic mods around, played thru Candlekeep, and next 2 zones and some outside area of Friendly Arm Inn. 

Sandrah mod seems nice, I like how some talks go on and how they expand so far. 

anyway thanks for awsome mod!

there are few things I got question about but those are spoilers, and I am searching for markin spoilers around, so those will have to wait ~ 

Spoilers are created with a menu point in the toolbar when you write a post *Special BBCode* opens a dropdown list where you can select the option.

Edited by Roxanne, 21 April 2017 - 07:49 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

#488 hideyuki

hideyuki
  • 25 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 03:48 PM

Thanks for ur work and fast reply!

After starting game I wanted to go and play with Shadowdancer (always playing with thief or smt similar), did creation and on to epic game.

Seems there was no problem in Candlekeep but after talk with Sandrah few things were not right.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Ive attached both of my Wiedu here :)

again big thanks!

PS. argh, something wrong with my map, seems one mod messed up it, need to reinstall stuff.. somehow I feel its BGGO

anyway for now off to bed before anything, gonna work hard morrow to make it best of it :)

Attached Files

Edited by hideyuki, 21 April 2017 - 03:56 PM.

#489 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 09:08 PM

Thanks for ur work and fast reply!

After starting game I wanted to go and play with Shadowdancer (always playing with thief or smt similar), did creation and on to epic game.

Seems there was no problem in Candlekeep but after talk with Sandrah few things were not right.

Spoiler

This is not from Sandrah, it is an (annoying) feature from some mod to display all this additional information (forgot which mod that is)

Spoiler

This is correct, you can get it from either of the two, the watcher might have sold it to Wintrop for some beers.

Ive attached both of my Wiedu here :)

again big thanks!

PS. argh, something wrong with my map, seems one mod messed up it, need to reinstall stuff.. somehow I feel its BGGO

anyway for now off to bed before anything, gonna work hard morrow to make it best of it :)

PS -

~SIRINESCALL/SETUP-SIRINESCALL.TP2~ #0 #1 // Extended Lighthouse area: v14

You should not install this option (it causes CtD), only the main component of the mod

Edited by Roxanne, 21 April 2017 - 09:09 PM.

The Sandrah Saga

#490 hideyuki

hideyuki
  • 25 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 12:44 AM

I did uninstal on EET, and while instaling always I have to provide map_mods_links.tbl, even tho I uninstaled sirene extension.. need to check Candlekeep map again cause if it looks like chees board again gonna play again with other mods to repair it..

well nvm gonna read out all readme files this time :P

Roxanne I was wondering where u got CtB 1.15? seems everywhere there is 1.13 to download :o and if u have it, could u post it somewhere? ^^"

ah right, had another question, some mods doesnt have setup~.exe file for that I download wiedu.exe and rename it? or there is other way around it?

thanks for help

Edited by hideyuki, 22 April 2017 - 01:45 PM.

#491 -Mr.E-

-Mr.E-

Posted 22 April 2017 - 12:54 PM

Hello Roxanne

I've recently discovered the Sandrah saga and I'm going for a mega mod installation, I started a new game and everything seemed to be working fine, Candlekeep was a breeze and I've recruited Sandrah without a hitch.

The problem I encountered was after picking up the belt of opposite gender, straight away Sandrah perks up and approaches the PC to initiate a dialogue. 

Problem is that the only thing she says is 'Hello there' and then the dialogue ends. As I understand it she is supposed to say something along the lines of 'watch out it's cursed'. Anyway, after the dialogue is ended she immediately approaches again and repeats the 'hello there', this happens constantly and presumably because the 'sanbeltgen' variable is not being altered by the cursed dialogue she is constantly trying to initiate dialogue without actually saying what she is supposed to.

I chalked this up to a mega mod error and edited the sanbeltgen variable to 2 and carried on. Now I've come across a second instance of the 'Hello there' error after speaking to a child in Beregost. At this point I'm assuming that it isn't just a one off occurrence and I don't want to miss out on any of the dialogue the mod has to offer.

Is this a known problem at all or are you able to suggest a fix?

Thanks

#492 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 09:00 PM

Hello Roxanne

I've recently discovered the Sandrah saga and I'm going for a mega mod installation, I started a new game and everything seemed to be working fine, Candlekeep was a breeze and I've recruited Sandrah without a hitch.

The problem I encountered was after picking up the belt of opposite gender, straight away Sandrah perks up and approaches the PC to initiate a dialogue. 

Problem is that the only thing she says is 'Hello there' and then the dialogue ends. As I understand it she is supposed to say something along the lines of 'watch out it's cursed'. Anyway, after the dialogue is ended she immediately approaches again and repeats the 'hello there', this happens constantly and presumably because the 'sanbeltgen' variable is not being altered by the cursed dialogue she is constantly trying to initiate dialogue without actually saying what she is supposed to.

I chalked this up to a mega mod error and edited the sanbeltgen variable to 2 and carried on. Now I've come across a second instance of the 'Hello there' error after speaking to a child in Beregost. At this point I'm assuming that it isn't just a one off occurrence and I don't want to miss out on any of the dialogue the mod has to offer.

Is this a known problem at all or are you able to suggest a fix?

Thanks

*Hello there* is not even a line from her repertoire (Multig.dlg state3 InParty(Myself) Gender(Myself,FEMALE), so I have to assume (like you did already) that it is an installation error.

A quick check could be to initiate PID with all of your NPCs and see if they have anything (correct) to say, at least Imoen and Sandrah should have dialogues at this time already.

(Most likely Sandrah has Multig.dlg instead of CVSandrJ.dlg for whatever reason - this can be checked in her entries for BGDialog.2da

Spoiler
)

If you have Near Infinity or EE keeper you may look up what is her assigned dialogue, otherwise you may post a savegame here for analysis.

Did you do manual install or BWS? Do other party members act *weird*?

Are both  EET_end and SandrahEET_PID_Repair installed correctly? (look into Weidu.log)

Edited by Roxanne, 23 April 2017 - 12:37 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

#493 -Mr.E-

-Mr.E-

Posted 23 April 2017 - 01:09 AM

Wow! Amazing response time! 

After checking the bgdialog I'm not seeing any of the entries for the Sandrah Saga so I'm guessing its grabbing from another mod or something (Probably aught to have checked that first before my trawl through Near infinity  :doh:). It seems all of her dialogue is assigned correctly i.e. CVSandJ.dlg and Imoen/Haiass seem to be working properly too so hopefully its just Sandrah who's dialogue is screwy...

PID with Sandrah gets the same 'hello there' response. It was a BWS setup but I am somewhat new to mega modding with BWS so it's quite likely I made a mistake somewhere along the installation.

Can you provide a  copy of your bgdialog.2da so I can compare it to mine?

#494 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 23 April 2017 - 02:01 AM

Wow! Amazing response time! 

After checking the bgdialog I'm not seeing any of the entries for the Sandrah Saga so I'm guessing its grabbing from another mod or something (Probably aught to have checked that first before my trawl through Near infinity  :doh:). It seems all of her dialogue is assigned correctly i.e. CVSandJ.dlg and Imoen/Haiass seem to be working properly too so hopefully its just Sandrah who's dialogue is screwy...

PID with Sandrah gets the same 'hello there' response. It was a BWS setup but I am somewhat new to mega modding with BWS so it's quite likely I made a mistake somewhere along the installation.

Can you provide a  copy of your bgdialog.2da so I can compare it to mine?

The issue is this - when a new NPC joins the party, the initial dialogue (CVSandr.dlg stored in the cre-file switches to the *joined dialogue. The file reference for this in EET can change in the course of the game and is defined in a number of 2da files for each part, i.e. bgdialog.2da for BG1, BDDialog.2da for SoD, PDialog.2da for SoA, and 25Dialog.2da for ToB.

The Imoen/Sandrah banters are using the B-files, so that is another set of dialogues defined in another set of lookup tables - this is why the one may work and the other ones not.

I am not the ultimate expert for EET, but I understand that the EET_end component does the above assignment for the EET game (logic, since the component needs to know all the dialogues of all the joinable NPCs in order to do it)

Here is my version of it

Attached File  BGDIALOG.2DA.txt   7.93K   170 downloads

I suggest that you simply remove the txt extension (needed to be added in order to post the 2da here) and just copy the BGDIALOG.2DA into your EET/BG2EE override folder and see if that fixes the issue (nothing will be corrupted by this, there may just be more NPC entries in my file than you have installed but the unused stuff will not hurt you).

Also, you may want to check if any other NPCs are missing in your file, it is strange that it should only affect Sandrah (she is most likely just the fiirst one you recruit after Imoen). Do Imoen's PIDs work?

Edited by Roxanne, 23 April 2017 - 02:05 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

#495 -Mr.E-

-Mr.E-

Posted 23 April 2017 - 03:04 AM

Success!

I've replaced my bgdialog with the one you've provided and it seems to have solved the problem, Sandrah is now initiating conversations and PID is working too!

Curiously after checking the other dialogue files it seems that only pdialog has the correct entries though. In the interest of avoiding any future issues would you be able to provide the correct BDDialog.2da, and 25Dialog.2da files? 

I very much appreciate your assistance and I want to thank you for creating a mod with so much content! Revived a game I've played to death!

#496 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 23 April 2017 - 03:13 AM

Success!

I've replaced my bgdialog with the one you've provided and it seems to have solved the problem, Sandrah is now initiating conversations and PID is working too!

Curiously after checking the other dialogue files it seems that only pdialog has the correct entries though. In the interest of avoiding any future issues would you be able to provide the correct BDDialog.2da, and 25Dialog.2da files? 

I very much appreciate your assistance and I want to thank you for creating a mod with so much content! Revived a game I've played to death!

Attached File  Joined2da.zip   7.82K   102 downloads

Anyway, I would be expecting that other things may be broken as well in your install. My experience is that a lot of people report issues for Sandrah which are actually bugs that go deeper and have nothing to do with my mod simply because she is often the first indicator of any issue in a newly started EET game.

Edited by Roxanne, 23 April 2017 - 03:14 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

#497 -Shagar-

-Shagar-

Posted 04 May 2017 - 12:37 PM

SandrahNPC is currently incompatible with Gavin BG2 due to a couple of typos in bgiftforsan.d.

To fix it you may want to change this:

==CVSandrJCVSandrJ  --> ==CVSandrJ

==~BB!Gift~  --> ==~B!Gift~

#498 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 04 May 2017 - 01:08 PM

SandrahNPC is currently incompatible with Gavin BG2 due to a couple of typos in bgiftforsan.d.

To fix it you may want to change this:

==CVSandrJCVSandrJ  --> ==CVSandrJ

==~BB!Gift~  --> ==~B!Gift~

Thank you - this is the result of using macros for conversion...

(By the way, this is just the gift merchant on the promenade, not Gavin himself) This is an oversight - I was not aware that this merchant belonged to the Gavin mod - because Sandrah/Gavin interactions should have been deleted by request/protest of the Gavin mod's author.

It is this component that was left in my mod erroneously *Master Grolim detected - added a gift for Sandrah"

Attached File  bgiftforsan.d   1.33K   136 downloads to replace the file in SandrahNPC/Mods/

PS - the error was probably not detected before as Gavin for EET just became available a week or so ago.

Edited by Roxanne, 04 May 2017 - 01:22 PM.

The Sandrah Saga

#499 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 05 May 2017 - 09:01 AM

The gift vendor of the Gavin mod is explicitely open to have gifts for other mod NPCs, as well. Just to let you know.

#500 hideyuki

hideyuki
  • 25 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 02:51 AM

hey, not sure if its a bug or not, but Haiass dont pop around, made lil reinstal added/changed some stuff around instal, trying some new things~

is there a command to use to force his apperance outside of Candlekeep? 

thanks in advance