Photo

Sandrah Saga for EET (Bug and Support Forum)

EET Mega Mod

• Please log in to reply
1095 replies to this topic

#501 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 03:35 AM

hey, not sure if its a bug or not, but Haiass dont pop around, made lil reinstal added/changed some stuff around instal, trying some new things~

is there a command to use to force his apperance outside of Candlekeep? 

thanks in advance

Not very clear what your situation is...

Is it a new game and you just leave Candlekeep and he does not appear?

Spoiler

For other situations you need to be more specific.

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

#502 hideyuki

hideyuki
  • 25 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 01:33 PM

well, its new game, I got Sandrah to party, was waiting like 10 mins in each zone, outside of candlekeep, then Friendly Arm Inn and zone in between.

#503 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 08:44 PM

well, its new game, I got Sandrah to party, was waiting like 10 mins in each zone, outside of candlekeep, then Friendly Arm Inn and zone in between.

Strange.

Look for C:GetGlobal("HaiassJoinSan","GLOBAL") and C:GetGlobal("HaiassLevel","GLOBAL"). If any of them is other than 1, something was missed in Sandrah's script.

You can go to the area of Gorion's death and

C:SetGlobal("HaiassMiss","LOCALS",1) and C:SetGlobal("HaiassMissTime","LOCALS",1) with having Sandrah selected (your cursor being on her portrait), as these are locals, not globals.

If that does not help, do these in sequence while in the Gorion area (BG2700)

SetGlobal("HaiassJoinSan","GLOBAL",1)
SetGlobal("HaiassLevel","GLOBAL",1)
CreateCreature("Haiass1")

PS - if it is a new game, does it mean it is a new install? I would be cautious if things go wrong already that early in the game - maybe something went wrong with the install.

Edited by Roxanne, 24 May 2017 - 09:19 PM.

The Sandrah Saga

#504 -Shagar-

-Shagar-

Posted 30 May 2017 - 09:28 AM

A couple of oddities here.

One with Jen'lig:

Spoiler

And the other with Sandrah:

Spoiler

#505 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 30 May 2017 - 09:56 AM

One with Jen'lig:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Jen'lig

This is not intended behaviour and (worse) it is not something I can reproduce in my install. It is nothing I ever encountered in any previous install. This means that most likely it originates from some other mod that either changes thieves (?their backstabbing abilities, which is something a githyanki would never do, they always face their foe) or weapon useage. Nothing I can analyse without more data.

The cave

Spoiler

The Sandrah Saga

#506 -Shagar-

-Shagar-

Posted 30 May 2017 - 11:07 AM

One with Jen'lig:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Jen'lig

This is not intended behaviour and (worse) it is not something I can reproduce in my install. It is nothing I ever encountered in any previous install. This means that most likely it originates from some other mod that either changes thieves (?their backstabbing abilities, which is something a githyanki would never do, they always face their foe) or weapon useage. Nothing I can analyse without more data.

The cave

Spoiler

Jen'lig

The switch only happens in combat when I have the buckler equipped, so it's probably caused by an AI mod. Not equipping the buckler (which I shouldn't be equipping anyway when she's using a 2-handed sword) solves the problem, so don't worry.

The cave

Spoiler

#507 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 30 May 2017 - 11:14 AM

she tells you should return to the cave when you're already there, nothing else.

I see what you mean

"....Please, let us go back to that cave and take a closer look at this haunted cave, just to make sure we have not missed something crucial."

Thanks, I will change that.

Jen'lig

I am aware of a mod family that still causes some oddities with item use etc for some classes - the author is working on this or may even have fixed it meanwhile. (Mod NPCs like Jen'lig but also Sandrah can use items they should not be able to use...)

Edited by Roxanne, 30 May 2017 - 11:21 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

#508 Predator

Predator
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 June 2017 - 12:20 AM

STAFOAK is dropable item but have not description and can't be sold. 

Area: CVDRUO Creature: Shadow Druid

Attached Images

• STAFOAK.jpg

Attached Files

#509 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 27 June 2017 - 01:47 AM

STAFOAK is dropable item but have not description and can't be sold. 

Area: CVDRUO Creature: Shadow Druid

Thank you. I will make that undroppable.

It was a quick repair when I noticed that the item present in the old game was missing in the EE's.

The Sandrah Saga

#510 K4thos

K4thos
  • Modder
  • 315 posts

Posted 27 June 2017 - 04:03 AM

Success!

I've replaced my bgdialog with the one you've provided and it seems to have solved the problem, Sandrah is now initiating conversations and PID is working too!

Curiously after checking the other dialogue files it seems that only pdialog has the correct entries though. In the interest of avoiding any future issues would you be able to provide the correct BDDialog.2da, and 25Dialog.2da files? 

I very much appreciate your assistance and I want to thank you for creating a mod with so much content! Revived a game I've played to death!

that sounds like you didn't install setup-eet_end.exe or you did it at wrong order (it should be in the end of installation like the readme says). If the installation was successful and installed at the end I would need to check SETUP-EET_END.DEBUG file to see what's up.

#511 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 27 June 2017 - 04:35 AM

Success!

I've replaced my bgdialog with the one you've provided and it seems to have solved the problem, Sandrah is now initiating conversations and PID is working too!

Curiously after checking the other dialogue files it seems that only pdialog has the correct entries though. In the interest of avoiding any future issues would you be able to provide the correct BDDialog.2da, and 25Dialog.2da files? 

I very much appreciate your assistance and I want to thank you for creating a mod with so much content! Revived a game I've played to death!

that sounds like you didn't install setup-eet_end.exe or you did it at wrong order (it should be in the end of installation like the readme says). If the installation was successful and installed at the end I would need to check SETUP-EET_END.DEBUG file to see what's up.

@K4thos

The latest version of EET_end contains a bug which disables Sandrah's PIDs in BG1, thus you need to install this fix after EET_end (BWS applies it automatically)

zip.gif  SandrahEET_PID_Repair.rar   857.59K   1473 downloads

The repair reverts this feature introduced by EET_End
IsGabber(Player1)
Global("SanPidPack","GLOBAL",X)
//This global controls when to use which PID options
Global("EndofBG1","GLOBAL",2) // These are added by EET_End and disable PIDs in BG1/SoD
GlobalLT("CHAPTER","GLOBAL",20) //These are added by EET_End and disable PIDs in ToB

Patch removes those yellow lines.:
COPY_EXISTING ~CVSandrJ.dlg~ ~override~
      PATCH_IF SOURCE_SIZE > 0x34 BEGIN
        DECOMPILE_DLG_TO_D
        REPLACE_TEXTUALLY CASE_INSENSITIVE EXACT_MATCH ~  Global("EndofBG1","GLOBAL",2)
GlobalLT("CHAPTER","GLOBAL",20)~ ~~
        COMPILE_D_TO_DLG
END

Edited by Roxanne, 27 June 2017 - 04:41 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

#512 K4thos

K4thos
  • Modder
  • 315 posts

Posted 27 June 2017 - 09:42 PM

Thanks Roxanne, I will check what's up with that.

#513 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 27 June 2017 - 11:12 PM

Thanks Roxanne, I will check what's up with that.

And welcome back. It has been some time.

The Sandrah Saga

#514 K4thos

K4thos
  • Modder
  • 315 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 05:25 PM

Ok, I think I know how to prevent this situation automatically without case by case fixes. The old implementation didn't take into account that particular mod can use the same JOIN dialogue file for both BG1 and BG2 portion of the story etc. I've coded new rules for situations like this.

Rules for PIDs in BG1 version of JOIN file (that comes from BGDIALOG.2DA):
- if SoD or BG2 or ToB JOIN file is present add ~Global("EndofBG1","GLOBAL",0)~

Rules for PIDs in SOD version of JOIN file (that comes from BDDIALOG.2DA):
- if BG1 JOIN file is present add ~Global("EndofBG1","GLOBAL",1)~
- if BG2 or ToB JOIN files are present also add ~GlobalLT("CHAPTER","GLOBAL",13)~

Rules for PIDs in BG2 version of JOIN file (that comes from PDIALOG.2DA - only SoA files):
- if BG1 or SoD JOIN files are present add ~GlobalLT("CHAPTER","GLOBAL",20)~
- if ToB JOIN file is present also add ~GlobalLT("CHAPTER","GLOBAL",20)~

Rules for PIDs in ToB version of JOIN file (that comes from PDIALOG.2DA - only ToB files):
- if BG1 or SoD or BG2 JOIN files are present add ~GlobalGT("CHAPTER","GLOBAL",19)~

The same file being referenced in multiple 2da files should also not foul the patcher.

----------------

In your code theretically the new automatic PID patching code should do this:
- PIDs that comes from BG1, SoD and BG2 will be patched with this: ~GlobalLT("CHAPTER","GLOBAL",20)~
- PIDs that comes from ToB will be patched with this: ~GlobalGT("CHAPTER","GLOBAL",19)~
These triggers will be usless in your case since you already filter PIDs properly yourself, but both of these changes will be completly harmless for your content (they won't block your dialogues).

I need to test it before pushing new release and your mod would be a good candidate. Could you please uninstall both your fix + setup-eet_end and than upload CVSandrJ.DLG and CVSan25J.DLG here?

Edited by K4thos, 28 June 2017 - 05:27 PM.

#515 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 10:19 PM

Ok, I think I know how to prevent this situation automatically without case by case fixes. The old implementation didn't take into account that particular mod can use the same JOIN dialogue file for both BG1 and BG2 portion of the story etc. I've coded new rules for situations like this.

Rules for PIDs in BG1 version of JOIN file (that comes from BGDIALOG.2DA):
- if SoD or BG2 or ToB JOIN file is present add ~Global("EndofBG1","GLOBAL",0)~

Rules for PIDs in SOD version of JOIN file (that comes from BDDIALOG.2DA):
- if BG1 JOIN file is present add ~Global("EndofBG1","GLOBAL",1)~
- if BG2 or ToB JOIN files are present also add ~GlobalLT("CHAPTER","GLOBAL",13)~

Rules for PIDs in BG2 version of JOIN file (that comes from PDIALOG.2DA - only SoA files):
- if BG1 or SoD JOIN files are present add ~GlobalLT("CHAPTER","GLOBAL",20)~
- if ToB JOIN file is present also add ~GlobalLT("CHAPTER","GLOBAL",20)~

Rules for PIDs in ToB version of JOIN file (that comes from PDIALOG.2DA - only ToB files):
- if BG1 or SoD or BG2 JOIN files are present add ~GlobalGT("CHAPTER","GLOBAL",19)~

The same file being referenced in multiple 2da files should also not foul the patcher.

----------------

In your code theretically the new automatic PID patching code should do this:
- PIDs that comes from BG1, SoD and BG2 will be patched with this: ~GlobalLT("CHAPTER","GLOBAL",20)~
- PIDs that comes from ToB will be patched with this: ~GlobalGT("CHAPTER","GLOBAL",19)~
These triggers will be usless in your case since you already filter PIDs properly yourself, but both of these changes will be completly harmless for your content (they won't block your dialogues).

I need to test it before pushing new release and your mod would be a good candidate. Could you please uninstall both your fix + setup-eet_end and than upload CVSandrJ.DLG and CVSan25J.DLG here?

Here they are

Attached File  Sandrah_Joined.rar   85.1K   138 downloads

The Sandrah Saga

#516 K4thos

K4thos
  • Modder
  • 315 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 02:25 AM

the test has been successful, new version is up on Github, so you can remove the hotfix. Thanks for reporting and sorry for delay in fixing this problem.

#517 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 02:41 AM

the test has been successful, new version is up on Github, so you can remove the hotfix. Thanks for reporting and sorry for delay in fixing this problem.

Great.

Is there a way in my current install to use this? I went back to the point of uninstalling EET_end and I wonder if I could simply do a new EET_end (without my fix afterwards)  and try it out? Otherwise I will restore my previous configuration, no problem.

The Sandrah Saga

#518 K4thos

K4thos
  • Modder
  • 315 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 02:52 AM

Great.

Is there a way in my current install to use this? I went back to the point of uninstalling EET_end and I wonder if I could simply do a new EET_end (without my fix afterwards)  and try it out? Otherwise I will restore my previous configuration, no problem.

sure, just paste this code into existing EET_end.tp2 in your game directory, replacing old one: https://raw.githubus...lib/EET_end.tp2

Then re-install setup-EET_end.exe

Edited by K4thos, 29 June 2017 - 02:56 AM.

#519 Predator

Predator
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 04:59 AM

Doe's the problem with horizontal lines in Areas isn't fixed yet? (or have some solution, changing driver setting for example)
I have found a topic discussion which about 1 year old with no updates  :crying:

Also i have found that this issue appear on closed doors and disappear if open all of them.

Attached Images

• Baldr004.jpg
  • Baldr006.jpg

Edited by Predator, 29 June 2017 - 05:36 AM.

#520 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 05:41 AM

Doe's the problem with horizontal lines in Areas isn't fixed yet? (or have some solution, changing driver setting for example)
I have found a topic discussion which about 1 year old with no updates  :crying:

The picture is taken from one of the Waterdeep  city areas added by the Sandrah mod. Generally the problem is handled by using the new PVRZ format for the area MOS files. However there is still some remaining issue for areas with a lot of doors, especially large doors like in the example. It goes away as soon as you open the door.

For this particular case there is no solution yet that I am aware of.

Overall (excepting 3 or 4 areas out of more than 159 my mod adds to the game) the use of the new file format solves the issue.

The discussion you quoted (and similar ones in other forums) sums up the status quo.

Edited by Roxanne, 29 June 2017 - 05:43 AM.

The Sandrah Saga