CTD when summoning Fire Elemental

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Discordia

Discordia
  • 324 posts

Posted 28 November 2017 - 03:08 AM

Hi folks.

Usually TobEx is down immediately, but sometimes this error appears.

Assertion Failed! [...] ChVidimage.cpp line 1910 [...] dwFlags & CVDIMG_TRANSLUCENT && CVIDCELL_BRIGHTEST

Now I'm assuming some file didn't copy properly and I have to export it and put it into override somehow. But I have no idea which file or how to export it. Any help would be highly welcome.

Thanks in advance.

Also, here's my Weidu, just in case you'd need that.

Spoiler

#2 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 28 November 2017 - 03:14 AM

Open the baldur.ini file with Notepad and copy paste it's content to a post, just like you have done with the weidu.log.

I ask this specifically, because the 3D animations might be doing the crashing ... as the fire elemental has a different avatar and you need to have the 3d animations enabled for that to not happen... I thing it's the 1PP component, but I won't go and read the readme at this time to confirm that... but it's a "known bug".

Edited by The Imp, 28 November 2017 - 03:15 AM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#3 Discordia

Discordia
  • 324 posts

Posted 28 November 2017 - 04:14 AM

Sure, here you go

Spoiler

Anyway, I'll try the config.

edit:

3d animations is enabled. 3d acceleration is not. I'll try that.

edit2:

Didn't make a difference unfortunately.

It did, didn't press apply previously.

Awesome, thanks.

Edited by Discordia, 28 November 2017 - 04:18 AM.

#4 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 28 November 2017 - 04:32 AM

Baldur.err is what we need, but the OP essentially relayed the contents already (Assertion Failed! [...] ChVidimage.cpp line 1910 [...] dwFlags & CVDIMG_TRANSLUCENT && CVIDCELL_BRIGHTEST). Sounds like you fixed the problem though.

Edited by Miloch, 28 November 2017 - 04:34 AM.

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
================================================================
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#5 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 28 November 2017 - 06:05 AM

Sure, here you go
---
3d animations is enabled. 3d acceleration is not. I'll try that.
But why would you have one enabled while the other was not... never mind, I don't know the difference... and I suspect that you shouldn't either. Aka if one is on, the other NEEDs to be on too ! Which is in line with the supposed fix.
By the by, you have disabled the ambient sounds completely... while the lag removal advises to be done only when the sounds produce the lag ... so it should be like this:
Low Mem Sounds 1=0
Low Mem Sounds 2=1
Not that I can actually remember what else need to be set.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#6 Discordia

Discordia
  • 324 posts

Posted 30 November 2017 - 12:22 AM

Those were the settings from the beginning, I never changed them. Probably should have prior to the the BWS. Other than some dual classing acting weird it seems to be working fine so far.