Photo

Incorrect damage from a weapon

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 temnix

temnix
  • 983 posts

Posted 24 February 2018 - 01:21 PM

Using a custom weapon in the Mace category, with 1 die with 4 sides for damage, Branwen does 6, 8 points of damage. "Add Strength bonus" is checked, but her Strength is 13. What's up?

#2 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 24 February 2018 - 03:32 PM

What kind of test are you running ? Cause if it's a typical test case ... there are features which could always throw it off.

Like for example, the target having a ranged type weapon equipped. That gives +4 damage receaved from melee attacks.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#3 temnix

temnix
  • 983 posts

Posted 24 February 2018 - 06:04 PM

Hmm. No, Yeslick doesn't have anything equipped. He's the one I'm using for a punching bag. The weapon doesn't use any weapon proficiencies either.

#4 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 25 February 2018 - 12:39 AM

Try to equip Yeslick with a mace. ...

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#5 GeN1e

GeN1e

A very GAR character

• Modder
  • 1604 posts

Posted 25 February 2018 - 08:10 AM

Melee weapons receive +4 damage/thaco against targets without melee weapon equipped. Goes both for ranged and bare fists (except monk's).

Retired from modding.

#6 temnix

temnix
  • 983 posts

Posted 25 February 2018 - 12:33 PM

Seriously? Wow. Well, how about fists of those who attack? Not the fists of the defender but the attacker's. Do they receive +4 as well? I guess not.

#7 GeN1e

GeN1e

A very GAR character

• Modder
  • 1604 posts

Posted 25 February 2018 - 01:45 PM

Probably not, though I never checked it.

Retired from modding.

#8 Avenger_teambg

Avenger_teambg
  • 604 posts

Posted 26 February 2018 - 09:47 AM

Attacker (or defender) fist is considered a melee weapon only if attacker (or defender) is a monk.

Avenger

#9 temnix

temnix
  • 983 posts

Posted 26 February 2018 - 01:51 PM

What's up with hand-to-hand weapons, anyway? I was going to make this weapon an HTH originally, it's an iron knuckles, but HTH aren't equippable to any slot from the inventory. I haven't been able to get creatures with fists "equipped" to respond to the 183 effect, Use EFF While On Type, either, though that may deserve more testing. I would like to make a spell useful against monks and other hand-to-handers.

#10 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 26 February 2018 - 02:55 PM

Are you accounting for proficiency stars? Attacking twice per round? Monks get a hardcoded "fist" item that is an actual (albeit invisible) weapon and levels up as they do. Like many things, I believe EE externalized this to some 2da or ini or other.

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
================================================================
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle