Photo

Bug Reports for V. 1.2

• Please log in to reply
174 replies to this topic

#61 -somekind of guest-

-somekind of guest-

Posted 28 March 2004 - 02:01 AM

What do you mean by "follow her to the dungeon"?

I mean that as soon as I enter the aerial plane, where I'm supposed to meet Chloe initially, the whole thing goes into movie mode, golem kills the thieves and the whole nine yards. Problem is, Chloe walks away from the plane, through the door I just entered. Back into Irenicus' dungeon. And she does it every time I try.

#62 discharger12

discharger12

SHS's [un]official spammer!

• 759 posts

Posted 28 March 2004 - 07:40 AM

What do you mean by "follow her to the dungeon"?

I mean that as soon as I enter the aerial plane, where I'm supposed to meet Chloe initially, the whole thing goes into movie mode, golem kills the thieves and the whole nine yards. Problem is, Chloe walks away from the plane, through the door I just entered. Back into Irenicus' dungeon. And she does it every time I try.

Maybe she doesnt like you... ^_^
Defunct, but r teh rly, lol: Tork NPC, WOWCAAVB?, Barbados NPC, Anti-Ding0 Chinchilla NPC, Attack of the Bears!

No. No, they really are defunct.

#63 Lucythebeast

Lucythebeast

Chloe's bitch

• Modder
  • 593 posts

Posted 28 March 2004 - 09:37 AM

Yes that's a known bug. I think it's fixed in the 1.3 patch. We had fixed it before, I thought... but it popped up again.

When should that come out?

I have no clue.

Save a vampire. Give blood.

#64 -Maganac-

-Maganac-

Posted 11 April 2004 - 08:19 PM

I have a mac version and had installed chloe, for some reason i couldn't see the dialogue for her or myself. After much installing and uninstalling, and testing i have found out that NPC mods like chloe and kelsey don't like working in mac os X operating systems. However do not panic, they do agree with the mac classic mod or mac os 9 ... woo hoo i can finally read what they're saying :blink:

yeah i know it sounds weird but that's what i found works.. so to all you mac users out there using bg 2 and having the dialogue problem with NPC characters and mods.... stick to playing the game in os 9 or the classic mode in os x. Otherwise you'll be clicking the empty space hoping that you dont' insult the character. lol :lol:

#65 -guest-

-guest-

Posted 16 April 2004 - 11:37 AM

I have the same problem as "some kind of guest".... I cant get her to Join my freaking party nomatter what I do. It really sucks because I was looking forward to her....

#66 Lucythebeast

Lucythebeast

Chloe's bitch

• Modder
  • 593 posts

Posted 16 April 2004 - 07:16 PM

Are you hiding in shadows or anything strange like that? As long as Chloe can see you she should give you the join dialogue...

Also, is this before or after the fight with the golem that she won't talk to you? Sometimes if the golem gets killed too soon after you tell her that you'll help the game engine doesn't seem to update Chloe in telling her it's dead or something... I have no idea why and it only happened about 1/1000 times in testing so it seemed to be a game engine limitation as I've had similar things happen in quests where you have to kill something and someone is supposed to talk after it dies.

#67 -guest-

-guest-

Posted 16 April 2004 - 07:44 PM

it's happened every time.... she leaves the area and the golem ignores me and follows her out... then I follower her out and kick the golem's ass. Then I cannot talk to her.

here's what happens step by step

I go into the pocket
it cuts to the scene where the thieves die
I regain control
Chloe leaves
the "will you help me" dialog box appears
I fight the golem
the golem ignores me and leaves
I follow
Golem dies from my awesome Archer skills (or necro skills from my last game)
she stands around forever not talking except to complain on occasion how bored she is.

I am thinking I might need to leave the pocket before she starts the text.... would that help?

#68 Lucythebeast

Lucythebeast

Chloe's bitch

• Modder
  • 593 posts

Posted 16 April 2004 - 08:56 PM

She's not supposed to leave the pocket dimension... do you have any unusual mods installed?

#69 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 16 April 2004 - 10:25 PM

nope Chloe is the only mod installed....
I did however get her to join.... I had to shoot down the golem in the split second leaway before you loose control of the actions....
Minsc ends up killing the golem before you regain control

#70 Lucythebeast

Lucythebeast

Chloe's bitch

• Modder
  • 593 posts

Posted 17 April 2004 - 09:10 AM

Very strange... you have the Bioware patch and Baldurdash installed before the Chloe mod, correct? I do believe Baldurdash is supposed to fix the bug that causes the problem you're talking about.

#71 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 17 April 2004 - 09:25 AM

I dont have baldurdash installed.... I think I have it though... will it do me any good to install it even if chloe was installed first?

#72 Kish

Kish
  • 1265 posts

Posted 17 April 2004 - 09:26 AM

No, never ever install Baldurdash after a WeiDU mod. Uninstall Chloe, install Baldurdash, reinstall Chloe.

Do you have the latest official patch, as well? That should be installed before Baldurdash is.
Posted Image

http://www.moveon.org/fox/
"You are what you do. Choose again, and change."
--Cordelia Naismith Vorkosigan

#73 -lv. 15 guest-

-lv. 15 guest-

Posted 17 April 2004 - 08:35 PM

ehhhh too much trouble.... I'll just have minsc and my weakest person attack and hope the golem doesnt die before the dialog starts

#74 Kish

Kish
  • 1265 posts

Posted 17 April 2004 - 09:23 PM

Okay. Be prepared for huge chunks of the game to be blocked off by people "appearing busy."
Posted Image

http://www.moveon.org/fox/
"You are what you do. Choose again, and change."
--Cordelia Naismith Vorkosigan

#75 -I really need to sign up.... gue-

-I really need to sign up.... gue-

Posted 17 April 2004 - 10:31 PM

*sigh* poop

well then.... I only gotta uninstall chloe right?

#76 Lucythebeast

Lucythebeast

Chloe's bitch

• Modder
  • 593 posts

Posted 18 April 2004 - 09:05 AM

Correct.

#77 The Preacher

The Preacher
  • 8 posts

Posted 18 April 2004 - 07:16 PM

I've got a pair of bugs.

First off, my reputation got too low and Imoen left. Chloe gave me the "I disrepect you" talk and that was fine. Imoen ran back to the Copper Cornet. So, I got there and I still get the "Fine, go ahead and be pig headed..." dialog from Imoen.

Secondly, I was romancing Chloe and Imoen joined. Chole said "she is my girl" yet I believe that the Imoen/Chloe Romance is continuing on anyway. What is the global variable for the romance?

I have Lord M.'s Imoen Romance installed as well.

#78 n8hawk

n8hawk
  • 10 posts

Posted 12 May 2004 - 07:22 PM

I don't know if any Mac issues were resolved (I'm on OS X), but here is my dilemmna:

1.2 won't re-install OR uninstall. For the uninstall option (which is close to the reinstall option) this is what I get as an error message

[SETUP-UB.TP2]  ERROR at line 43 column 1-6
Near Text: ALWAYS
        Parsing.Parse_error
ERROR: parsing [SETUP-UB.TP2]: Parsing.Parse_error
ERROR: This Mod is too old (or too new) to uninstall that component for you.
Upgrade to the newest versions of this mod and that one and try again.
[Parsing.Parse_error]
ERROR: Failure("uninstallation error")
Using Language [English]
[English] has 1 top-level TRA files
[Chloe/D/English/setup.tra] parsed
[Chloe/D/English/setup.tra] has 90 translation strings

So does this mean that the UB mod is conflicting with the Chloe mod? Chloe worked flawlessly with version 1.1 but now I'm having problems with 1.2. I might just do a clean install of the whole game to see if I can tidy things up.

#79 thecursed

thecursed

Just a ghost from the past

• 680 posts

Posted 14 May 2004 - 02:41 PM

just sent you a file. could be the same kind of bug just discussed: when i get into the pocket plane, she's all alone. no golem, no theives. and no exiting the cinematic mod.
"Destiny, chance, fate, fortune.... they're all just ways of claiming your successes without claiming your failures"
Gerrard of the Weatherlight

Wisdom: Distinguish the extraordinary from the spectacular

Beware My ever shifting avatar!!

#80 thecursed

thecursed

Just a ghost from the past

• 680 posts

Posted 23 May 2004 - 04:39 PM

hey lucy! i edited the file: do i have to reinstall the mod?
"Destiny, chance, fate, fortune.... they're all just ways of claiming your successes without claiming your failures"
Gerrard of the Weatherlight

Wisdom: Distinguish the extraordinary from the spectacular

Beware My ever shifting avatar!!