Valen Romance

• Please log in to reply
347 replies to this topic

#281 -Lestat-

-Lestat-

Posted 23 October 2004 - 11:36 PM

To Put the Matter at Rest As in So Many RPG mods we put in what people want if you dpnt want the expan dont get it. But to Say that these things are impossable is completly brainless Valen Is Chained to the Character even if she did betray him/her as said earlier She would be liquified in seconds flat. The Fact of the Matter is By Defined she loves her "Master" on some level and Vampires Feel all the things the Rest of the People feel nomatter how evil they are. Otherwise If she is just a "Mind-Less killing machine" why does she stay with the Pc? Also For that matter If such a creature wanted to be redemdemed she would seek it in death after all........ How can You possably Redeem her?
Although such a aspect would be a interesting twist as a expan to the Valen Mod. This is my Five Cents to it All Devolopment is almost finished anyway. ill be getting it because like most of the RPG'ers out there I want to explore every veniew possable in a RPG Good and Bad.
:vbat:
" Person: I love you Lestat...."
" Lestat" What a Conecidence I love me to."

#282 LarryTheArcher

LarryTheArcher
  • 178 posts

Posted 16 November 2004 - 04:59 PM

I mean she is soulless.

Interestingly, in D&D mythology vampires do have souls. That's the premise I'm working under.

View Post

not to mention you can feel emotions without a soul. Bodhi has a hunger... thats an emotion. Irenicus feels emotions, though weekly since hes lost his for so long. In many things about vamps, they can feel things even soulless...

my opinion: Go for it, but make it a redeeming, just not cheesy...

But make some things dissaprove it: Either make it so Paladins, Good Clerics or Lathander Priests, Undead Hunters wouldnt romance her... but everyone, regardless of rep or alignment could do it...

Edited by LarryTheArcher, 16 November 2004 - 05:04 PM.

Irenicus: Now I have my revenge!

Protagonist: You talk to much...

Irenicus: (It came with the soul...)

#283 fallen_demon

fallen_demon

barely untraind assasian

• 451 posts

Posted 20 November 2004 - 02:38 PM

not that i've read this whole thread...but i've noticed a lot of argument to whether a vampire can be romanced or not is if they feel emotions and if its necrophilia. Has the sucidal aspect of sleeping with a vampire been ignored?
"I choose to believe what I was programed to believe."
Futurama quotes rock

#284 Alratan

Alratan
  • 8 posts

Posted 22 December 2004 - 09:22 AM

not that i've read this whole thread...but i've noticed a lot of argument to whether a vampire can be romanced or not is if they feel emotions and if its necrophilia.  Has the sucidal aspect of sleeping with a vampire been ignored?

View Post

I suppose that would be when it would be useful to be a powerful evil cleric - Command Undead would be nice, not to mention Neg E. protection.

#285 Dragon Lord

Dragon Lord
  • 78 posts

Posted 04 February 2005 - 07:10 PM

Okay, I haven't read the entire topic (I have to sleep sometime) so I'll cut right to the chase. It is possible to romance a Vampire. Oh, and as to the suicidal thing, just because a Vampire can suck blood and needs to doesn't mean she can't wait. Besides, the blood in question being decended from Bhaal, wouldn't it give her an electric shock or something? But finally, I need the final word on this. Is Valen going to be made romancable? (I collect romances you see) :wub:

#286 -crof-du-

-crof-du-

Posted 12 February 2005 - 06:32 AM

mortal and vamp cant get together, so I think this should be a sad one.

I'm thinking of that both PC and Valen are aware of this fact but cant help to feel strongly for each other anyway. The end would probably something bittersweet.

...just a thought. so what kind of romance will it be in the expansion?

#287 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 12 February 2005 - 07:17 AM

or maybe its a one sided love, so its not really romance afterall...

#288 khay

khay

Swords to Rust, Hearts to Dust

• Modder
  • 1719 posts

Posted 12 February 2005 - 01:05 PM

Interesting point and the more I think about it, the more I realize that a melancholic romance would be much more fitting than anything else.

#289 AnnabelleRose

AnnabelleRose

The great pretender... of modding!

• Modder
  • 2083 posts

Posted 12 February 2005 - 10:46 PM

mortal and vamp cant get together, so I think this should be a sad one.

If <charname> was a normal mortal, this might be true. <charname> is a far cry from normal. and depending on your choice at the end of ToB, you might not even be mortal.

I think it could work. Besides, among other things, if charname became a normal mortal he/she could always be embraced.

- The transitioned former modder once known as MTS.

#290 khay

khay

Swords to Rust, Hearts to Dust

• Modder
  • 1719 posts

Posted 12 February 2005 - 11:31 PM

Perhaps they (charname & Valen) should try their best to find a cure for vampirism first; if this doesn`t work, then they might ponder about having charname embraced.

#291 AnnabelleRose

AnnabelleRose

• Modder
  • 2083 posts

Posted 13 February 2005 - 12:45 AM

Perhaps they (charname & Valen) should try their best to find a cure for vampirism first; if this doesn`t work, then they might ponder about having charname embraced.

View Post

Agreed. :thumb: (Not like you need my approval or anything, but that is a good point.)

#292 Thorium Dragon

Thorium Dragon

Hard at work...

• Modder
  • 408 posts

Posted 16 February 2005 - 05:02 PM

If I could characterize the romance in one word, I would use "complicated".

I am planning a variety of possible outcomes to the Valen/PC relationship; however, I don't think that a vampire and a bhallspawn will end their adventure skipping off into the sunset.

Mod in Progress: Valen Expansion

#293 AnnabelleRose

AnnabelleRose

• Modder
  • 2083 posts

Posted 16 February 2005 - 11:02 PM

If I could characterize the romance in one word, I would use "complicated".

I am planning a variety of possible outcomes to the Valen/PC relationship; however, I don't think that a vampire and a bhallspawn will end their adventure skipping off into the sunset.

View Post

According to true D&D rules, that ending would be very bad for one of them.

#294 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 10 April 2005 - 10:12 AM

I dunno about the whole idea of a romance/seduction with the main char. I do however love the idea of Valen being bonded to Immoen in someway shape or form. I always wondered why the npc's didn't bond more. Does Valen have the ability to turn anyone else into a vampire? or can only certain vapires do that?

#295 -Western Paladin-

-Western Paladin-

Posted 14 April 2005 - 02:56 AM

I think a romance would be good, as vampire stories invariably have a sexual undertone (if you've read real vampire legends, you'd know that only a vampire of the opposite sex can bite you. And that's just the PG-13 material).

#296 -Uninvited Guest-

-Uninvited Guest-

Posted 17 April 2005 - 12:01 AM

I see that this mod works towards making Valen express her violent thoughts more often while staying in the spirit of Weimer's version. I love that. :thumb:

Is the romance going to be included in the May release or is it yet a working plan?

Furthermore, what are the contents of the romance? As I understand, you'll be making a redemption option for Valen. As that doesn't suit my preference, I have to ask: Will the romance work towards redeeming her or will it suit evil PCs as well? From what I remember, when romancing Viconia, one didn't have truly evil dialogue options. I wanted to know if that's the case with this romance too or not.

Thanks in advance. :)

#297 Thorium Dragon

Thorium Dragon

Hard at work...

• Modder
  • 408 posts

Posted 17 April 2005 - 06:35 AM

Is the romance going to be included in the May release or is it yet a working plan?

View Post

Just to be clear, my goal is to have a testable alpha in May- not a release. Be sure to check the Development Diary for details.

I feel that I've done too much work on the project so far to have the first release tainted by a buggy gaming experience. The coding is pretty ambitious so I would like it to be thoroughly bug-tested.

Furthermore, what are the contents of the romance? As I understand, you'll be making a redemption option for Valen. As that doesn't suit my preference, I have to ask: Will the romance work towards redeeming her or will it suit evil PCs as well? From what I remember, when romancing Viconia, one didn't have truly evil dialogue options. I wanted to know if that's the case with this romance too or not.

View Post

Regarding the contents of the romance, I'd rather not spoil the fun by listing them here. However I have made it my goal to write it along several different paths guided more by what I perceive as Valen's psychological makeup, rather than the somewhat narrow interpretations of good, evil, and neutrality offered by the game in general.

But more to your point: Don't worry, the opportunities for evil play are many and varied. :devil: + :vbat:

Edited by Thorium Dragon, 03 May 2005 - 06:03 PM.

Mod in Progress: Valen Expansion

#298 Nirvana

Nirvana
  • 48 posts

Posted 17 April 2005 - 07:43 AM

i'm definitly looking forward to see this mod  :wub:

Surrender.

pale like the first snow.
cold as the tempting, tentative touch,
of the shivering frost.

dim like the early morning -
smooth, and sugary,
like the lingering taste of chocolate.

warm, as only a spring morning can be,
delicate like a child's fingers.

surrender.

surrender me.

cool like the blade of a dagger.

copyright © furiae.com

My little corner :)

The Haer'Dalis Romance Mod :) Take a look

#299 Togashi Renshi

Togashi Renshi

Fhtagn!

• 83 posts

Posted 02 June 2005 - 04:13 AM

not being able to cross running water, except by being carried or over a bridge

Hm, that actually would be good if the mod were to have a romance (it does have a romance, right?). I dunno, lovetalk material or something. Meh, I can't think straight in the morning...

Edited by Togashi Renshi, 02 June 2005 - 04:14 AM.

#300 Fizbandanna

Fizbandanna
  • 12 posts

Posted 02 June 2005 - 12:20 PM

although I agree it would be a great opportunity for the more physical side of the romance if the PC had to cary her over a bridge at some point, as well as developing trust