Photo

Wierd Arlax CTD

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#41 -Demogorgons Mum-

-Demogorgons Mum-

Posted 11 October 2007 - 04:46 AM

I get CTD when entering Arlax Smithy, too. Tried EVERYTHING mentioned in this thread, DLTCEP, NI, maximus and erebusants files, RoT re-install, i even did a COMPLETE re-install of my whole bg megamod installation <_<

When i first entered the smithy, i had a strange "screen fading to black" bug, which occured every ~10 seconds. after pip moved to his own smithy, i had that bug in the whole town of arlax... lol. since then, i cant enter brundors smithy.

#42 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 11 October 2007 - 10:23 AM

Well, well, well, it is nice to see that I am not the only one that couldn't fix the crash in my game as well. I tried everything to no luck. Even screaming at my computer for extra power didn't work :lol:. According to read me for version 2.1

9) "weidu --out ROT-TIS1 --biff-get-rest AR0334.tis" added to .bat to extract that TIS from the compressed BIF.

The King had fixed the appropriate .tis problem which was a previous concern (original topic date was a year ago). Why we are all having the same issue is beyond me. I can only guess that in my case it is a graphics card issue because I get a Windows error after the crash.
Yes the Pip fade in/out in Arlax continues to every area after that as well forcing a reload out side of Arlax clears that up. After giving him the eye of the God gem he leaves for good, so no more weird effects in Arlax. Even after that happens entering Brundor's crashes. I had him make some items previous to these crashes, but I gave up on the whole thing.
Maybe there are some .BCS issues to be looked into that may contribute to this error. Sorry, I couldn't give a solid fix and say "do this" and everything is peachy again.
Addendum: The fade in/out is part of Brundor's and Pip's scripts in the forge. It is coupled with the forging animation ( like Cromwell) making an item. That is normal, I think. But Pip continues this in Arlax which is very difficult because it is blinding.

Edited by Hoppy, 11 October 2007 - 10:27 AM.

?May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.? - Voltaire

"If you think that a size of the mod indicates an amount of bugs that it introduces and their severity you're totally wrong...
Try not to use next time a load of shitty "super-mega-improving-tweaking-revising" small mods that you have installed and try to meet Wulfgar once again."
- King Diamond

Posted Image The Definitive Guide to Trolls

"Finding food and a place to sleep is your own business. I imagine Paul the Cat should have some fun with you, too" - Potencius in The Darkest Day
"You have been warned, little bastard!" -Khelben to a young <CHARNAME>in Check the Bodies
There are those who will snivel, and offer nothing in return except criticism, meanwhile never lifting a finger to do other than to cut other peoples labor down simply for the fact that they lack the capability to put anything of their own together. -erebusant

#43 maximus2001

maximus2001
  • 525 posts

Posted 13 October 2007 - 03:34 PM

Ha, I was starting to think it was my computer or graphics card as well. Here's the kicker, I had fixed this problem in my current game and had some items made. When I came back in CH6 after doing Icewind Dale went straight to Arlax to have more items made. Bam, ctd. What the hell? I had fixed it and it broke again...

I then tried DLCEP routine and my own file (which had worked previously), neither works at all. And the fixed files (from dltcep) were still in override folder from first time around.

While I can't fix the problem, I'll probably check with shadowkeeper to see what items I'm missing and clua them in. Still its a bummer that ctd came back to stay.

#44 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 13 October 2007 - 10:01 PM

I have a hypothesis that it may be .BCS or .CRE related. Sort of looking into that and testing some variations.
?May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.? - Voltaire

"If you think that a size of the mod indicates an amount of bugs that it introduces and their severity you're totally wrong...
Try not to use next time a load of shitty "super-mega-improving-tweaking-revising" small mods that you have installed and try to meet Wulfgar once again."
- King Diamond

"Finding food and a place to sleep is your own business. I imagine Paul the Cat should have some fun with you, too" - Potencius in The Darkest Day
"You have been warned, little bastard!" -Khelben to a young <CHARNAME>in Check the Bodies
There are those who will snivel, and offer nothing in return except criticism, meanwhile never lifting a finger to do other than to cut other peoples labor down simply for the fact that they lack the capability to put anything of their own together. -erebusant

#45 Naushika

Naushika
  • 11 posts

Posted 24 October 2007 - 07:10 AM

This is very frustrating.
I'm getting the CtD at the Bonehill Smithy, and none of the advice above is working.

I have in override - which I got via NI:
AR0334.TIS
ar0334sr.BMP
ar0334.are
ar0334.MOS
ar0334.WED
ar0334ht.BMP
ar0334lm.BMP

RR3101.ARE
RR3101SR.BMP
RR3101LM.BMP
RR3101HT.BMP
RR3101.WED
RR3101.MOS
RR3101.BCS

Is this right?

Also, the DLTCEP is not working for me. I open it, go to Edit Areas, put RR3101 in the Wedfile field, click Edit Wed--and then what? No files are dropped just by opening this window.

I did a Check Area and get warning: 'Invalid area width (5-80)'

See if either of these will work for you. 1 batch via Ni, 1 batch via dltcep. For dltcep I
a) run dltcep
B) select edit area (are.wed)
c) select file/load area/then select ar0334 with the resolve names & preview boxes checked - press OK
d) AR0334 will be the file listed in the wedfile window
e) click edit wed (opens new box)
f) click edit tiles (opens new box)
g) click save tileset.

As soon as AR0334 is displayed in the wedfile window the .mos, .wed, and the 3 .bmp files should be in your override. The .tis won't get there until the last step.

Thank you so much. Your files were very helpful! :cheers:

#46 Naushika

Naushika
  • 11 posts

Posted 24 October 2007 - 07:10 AM

This is very frustrating.
I'm getting the CtD at the Bonehill Smithy, and none of the advice above is working.

I have in override - which I got via NI:
AR0334.TIS
ar0334sr.BMP
ar0334.are
ar0334.MOS
ar0334.WED
ar0334ht.BMP
ar0334lm.BMP

RR3101.ARE
RR3101SR.BMP
RR3101LM.BMP
RR3101HT.BMP
RR3101.WED
RR3101.MOS
RR3101.BCS

Is this right?

Also, the DLTCEP is not working for me. I open it, go to Edit Areas, put RR3101 in the Wedfile field, click Edit Wed--and then what? No files are dropped just by opening this window.

I did a Check Area and get warning: 'Invalid area width (5-80)'

See if either of these will work for you. 1 batch via Ni, 1 batch via dltcep. For dltcep I
a) run dltcep
c) select file/load area/then select ar0334 with the resolve names & preview boxes checked - press OK
g) click save tileset.

As soon as AR0334 is displayed in the wedfile window the .mos, .wed, and the 3 .bmp files should be in your override. The .tis won't get there until the last step.

Thank you so much. Your files were very helpful! :cheers:

#47 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 27 October 2007 - 09:42 AM

Maximus2001

Ha, I was starting to think it was my computer or graphics card as well. Here's the kicker, I had fixed this problem in my current game and had some items made. When I came back in CH6 after doing Icewind Dale went straight to Arlax to have more items made. Bam, ctd. What the hell? I had fixed it and it broke again...

I then tried DLCEP routine and my own file (which had worked previously), neither works at all. And the fixed files (from dltcep) were still in override folder from first time around.

While I can't fix the problem, I'll probably check with shadowkeeper to see what items I'm missing and clua them in. Still its a bummer that ctd came back to stay.

1.Can you give me a description of what item(s) you had just made before the crash started?
2.Were they made by Pip or Brundor?
3.Did Pip leave to the town of Arlax?
4.What items did you CLUA in? In other words, what items did you have the parts for, but can't make?

I had one and only one crash with Cromwell recently which may prove new theories of a corrupted item from a different mod (CtB). I have a return from IWD save before I go to Athkatla again and I just would like some control variables to see if they match my experiences.

- King Diamond

#48 maximus2001

maximus2001
  • 525 posts

Posted 27 October 2007 - 08:23 PM

Hey Hoppy, good to see you're on it.

1)I got the crash after visiting a few times in the beginning (Chapter 2), 4 items made:
a)Ancient sword (hilt, blade, 2 diamonds)
b)Plate armor of the darkness (stone of the darkness, platemail)
c)Frozen Full Plate +2 (frozen crystal, full plate) - Pip
d)Helmet of the Star +2 (yellow star, open helm) - I think that was Pip..(CTD starts)

(In Chapter 6)after fixing:
a)Holy Triangle +4 (3 swords)
b)Bengar's Helm +2 (helm, 2 wings)
c)Dwarven Legend +4 (runes, axe)
d)Frozen Full Plate +2 (frozen crystal, full plate) - Pip
e)Dragon Armor (shadow dragon scales, yellow dragon scales)

Pip gets his own forge then. CTD again.

2)I believe they were all made by Brundor, except Frozen Full Plate +2, Helmet of the Star+2.

3)Pip did move over to the old forge (outside in east Arlax).

4)I have to check the book that Brundor gives listing items.

#49 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 28 October 2007 - 09:54 PM

Ok I was able to make some different items before my CTD's. I think the only items you are missing are some acid weapons and fire weapons by Pip (there are a ton of those gems;not really crucial). The Protector + 1(?) which requires the shield ornamentations to do and of course the Eye of a God item (Pip's quest). Rock of the glowing star is where Pip leaves outside, so if done too quickly, that leaves a lot of the items left for Brundor unavailable because of CTD's. FYI I found that even when Pip leaves for good, the CTD still happens. If we hold out on Pip leaving it is possible to get everything except the shield, but who wants to do that much workingaround if it is not definite to work?

- King Diamond

#50 Reign

Reign
  • 12 posts

Posted 09 November 2007 - 10:22 AM

I don't want to start a new thread, so I will reply here.

Call me blind but I can't find Arlax on the map :o . Drizzt talked about going to Arlax, but now Arlax on the map :(

Also I have the blue circle problem in the Arena. Is there a solution for that?

Edit: I was blind, indeed... I found the big huge icon on the map.

Edited by Reign, 09 November 2007 - 10:39 AM.

#51 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 14 November 2007 - 06:16 AM

Reign, try to look in the bug list for RoT 2.1 in important topics (top of the RoT forum. The solution for the Arena problem is there, but will require you to edit using Near Infinity. You will also need a similar fix for the end battle. There was a topic called "Drizzt vs. Entreri (blue circles)" that you can follow to get the correct edit of the fields.
Hope that helps

- King Diamond

#52 Kaylia

Kaylia
  • 14 posts

Posted 02 February 2008 - 03:04 AM

a) run dltcep
g) click save tileset.

The dltcep file fixed the crash I had to enter Cromwell at the docks. :Bow:
I had no issue with Arlax smithy but Cromwell was crashing my game when clicking at his door (no loading, just bing and game frozen).

Thanks very much for sharing :wub:

#53 Valiad

Valiad
  • 18 posts

Posted 09 February 2008 - 05:00 AM

a) run dltcep
g) click save tileset.

The dltcep file fixed the crash I had to enter Cromwell at the docks. :Bow:
I had no issue with Arlax smithy but Cromwell was crashing my game when clicking at his door (no loading, just bing and game frozen).

Thanks very much for sharing :wub:

I encoutered that as well with Cromwell after visiting him a few times, the above worked splendid , still haven't been to Arlax smithy but theoritically King's original solution should work with that as well in case I encounter the crush.Noticed that after doing the above an AR0334.tis was created on my desktop.It is supposed to get created there right?I am sure that I haven't understood the whole problem/solution thing in general but oh well the solutions mentioned here work great so just mentioning it :whistling: