Photo

Adding Paperdoll

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Linaze

Linaze
  • 16 posts

Posted 21 February 2008 - 10:39 PM

Hello fellas, once again I ask of your assistance. I wonder if you could tell me how to add paperdoll to let's say like in my example the Cowled Wizard (Called Monk when you pick Animation ID). He dosen't have any paperdoll so I wonder how to add one, I have no problem using the Human Mage Male one, so if you could could please tell me how to add the human male mage paperdoll to the cowled wizard, I would be most grateful.

#2 WizWom

WizWom
  • 270 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 07:32 AM

To add to a Monster with no paperdoll is easy:
copy your PLT to ????INV.PLT

Find the list of abbreviations in the ANISND.IDS file - for the one you're thinking of, which were originally for the candlekeep Monks, 25602.
0x6402 MONK in ANIMATE.IDS
0x6402 CMNK CGAMEANIMATIONTYPE_MONK in ANISND.IDS

So... CMNKINV.PLT

You can also make a BAM for it, it will work the same. If you have 1PP installed, use the BAM instead.

As far as I know, Monster Paperdolls don't use the Weapon paperdolls, but this is a "C" series, and the game might use weapons.

Edited by WizWom, 22 February 2008 - 07:39 AM.

#3 Linaze

Linaze
  • 16 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 08:46 AM

I copied my paperdoll which I wanted to use as CMNKINV.PLT, but where should I put the copied file?
Thought override so put it there, saved made a char that looked like monk, though no paperdoll.

#4 WizWom

WizWom
  • 270 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 02:59 PM

Actually, there is a Biffed CMNKINV.BAM in the ToB install - it's blank.
So, I think you need to do the BAM.

Hrm, even having a CMNKINV.BAM copied from CHMW1INV.BAM didn't work.

MAybe CMNK1INV... yep.
You need the whole series, because it's a 'C' - character- the game adds the armor level after the CMNK.

So... make
CMNK1INV.BAM
CMNK2INV.BAM
CMNK3INV.BAM
CMNK4INV.BAM

And, in fact, it will also apply the weapon paperdolls.

Edited by WizWom, 22 February 2008 - 03:07 PM.

#5 Linaze

Linaze
  • 16 posts

Posted 23 February 2008 - 02:33 AM

Worked fine just I tested it and cheated the Robe of Vecna, but once I equip it, you see no difference on the paperdoll. Like it should change to another .bam file right? Ty in advance.

Edited by Linaze, 23 February 2008 - 02:51 AM.

#6 WizWom

WizWom
  • 270 posts

Posted 23 February 2008 - 06:28 PM

Hrm, I tested with 4 of the same paperdoll.
So, let's see what happens with the paperdolls incrementing.
Sure enough, it only uses the '1' armor level paperdoll, even if the player wears a higher armor.

what an odd quirk.

#7 Penna

Penna
  • 16 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 02:45 AM

What about creatures that are not listed in the ANISND.IDS? Can I safely modify the file adding an entry like 0x8F99 MYCR CGANIMATIONTYPE_MYCREATURE? If not is there an alternative way to tell the game engine to use certain xxxxINV.bam files for my npc's paperdoll who happens to be none of those creature types listed in the ANISND.IDS?

#8 Sam.

Sam.
  • Administrator
  • 1294 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 09:43 AM

What about creatures that are not listed in the ANISND.IDS? Can I safely modify the file adding an entry like 0x8F99 MYCR CGANIMATIONTYPE_MYCREATURE? If not is there an alternative way to tell the game engine to use certain xxxxINV.bam files for my npc's paperdoll who happens to be none of those creature types listed in the ANISND.IDS?

ANISND.IDS has to do with the animation sounds, and has no control over which animations can use paperdolls. See Naming new paperdolls for some information on the original hard-coded paperdoll limitations. However, with the creation of Infinity Animations, paperdolls have been unlocked for some animations that did not support them previously. See the second paragraph here. This renders the info in "Naming new paperdolls" obsolete.

"Ok, I've just about had my FILL of riddle asking, quest assigning, insult throwing, pun hurling, hostage taking, iron mongering, smart-arsed fools, freaks, and felons that continually test my will, mettle, strength, intelligence, and most of all, patience! If you've got a straight answer ANYWHERE in that bent little head of yours, I want to hear it pretty damn quick or I'm going to take a large blunt object roughly the size of Elminster AND his hat, and stuff it lengthwise into a crevice of your being so seldom seen that even the denizens of the nine hells themselves wouldn't touch it with a twenty-foot rusty halberd! Have I MADE myself perfectly CLEAR?!"

--<CHARNAME> to Portalbendarwinden

--------------------

post-10485-0-15080600-1348188745.jpg
___________Old pen and paper modules of the 70s and 80s.___________

CA Forums CA Homepage

#9 Penna

Penna
  • 16 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 10:06 AM

Wow thanks a lot :D

Though I finally managed to create the paperdoll on my own after some 12 hours of searching and trying... But thanks nonetheless.

On a sidenote, why can't I find those threads with the search function? No matter what I type in it says "No results" :(

Edited by Penna, 28 January 2011 - 10:07 AM.

#10 Sam.

Sam.
  • Administrator
  • 1294 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 10:29 AM

On a sidenote, why can't I find those threads with the search function? No matter what I type in it says "No results" :(

The search has been broken since the last forum software update, and it seems it really hasn't been fixed yet...

"Ok, I've just about had my FILL of riddle asking, quest assigning, insult throwing, pun hurling, hostage taking, iron mongering, smart-arsed fools, freaks, and felons that continually test my will, mettle, strength, intelligence, and most of all, patience! If you've got a straight answer ANYWHERE in that bent little head of yours, I want to hear it pretty damn quick or I'm going to take a large blunt object roughly the size of Elminster AND his hat, and stuff it lengthwise into a crevice of your being so seldom seen that even the denizens of the nine hells themselves wouldn't touch it with a twenty-foot rusty halberd! Have I MADE myself perfectly CLEAR?!"

--<CHARNAME> to Portalbendarwinden

--------------------

post-10485-0-15080600-1348188745.jpg
___________Old pen and paper modules of the 70s and 80s.___________

CA Forums CA Homepage