• 1292 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 12:13 PM

File Name: BG:EE Classic Movies
File Submitter: Sam.
File Submitted: 05 Dec 2012
File Category: Miscellaneous Released Mods

Forum: http://www.shsforums...classic-movies/

Readme: English

This is a WeiDU mod that restores the 'classic' movies from the original Baldur's Gate and select movies from Baldur's Gate II to Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition (BGEE), Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear (SoD), and Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition Trilogy (EET). The classic movies have been resized to the same dimensions as the new BGEE movies (1280x720, 852x480, and 512x288) while maintaining their aspect ratios. It also re-enables the Beregost movie when you first travel to the area and restores a movie to the Elfsong Tavern that was cut from the original game. This mod was developed for Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition v1.3+ and will be considered a beta version as long as these games are being updated. As of Version 2.0 there is a new component that restores the vanilla BG1 chapter and dream screens to BGEE/SoD/EET (using the appropriate theme). Note that chapter screens for SoD chapters are not "restored" from the original game since they did not exist in the original game. Use at your own risk! Questions, comments, suggestions, and bug reports are of course welcome.

The restored movies include:

• Beregost
  • Black Isle Logo
  • Entering Baldur's Gate
  • BG Sunrise
  • BG Sunset
  • The Temple of Bhaal
  • BioWare Logo
  • BioWare and IE Logos
  • BioWare Dragon Logo
  • Bandit Camp
  • Inside Candlekeep
  • Credits
  • Sunset movie
  • Death
  • The Dungeon
  • Entering Durlag's Tower
  • The Undercity
  • End Credits
  • Conclusion
  • The Friendly Arm Inn
  • The Gnoll Stronghold
  • Infinity Engine Logo
  • Introduction
  • The Iron Throne
  • The Flooded Mine
  • Entering Nashkel
  • Sunrise movie
  • The Ducal Palace
  • Resting Outside
  • Resting in Dungeon
  • Resting at Inn
  • The Sewers
  • The Tavern
  • TSR Logo
  • WOTC Logo
  • Across the Trackless Sea
  • The Wyvern

Click here to download this file

Edited by Sam., 29 August 2022 - 07:42 AM.
Update Links

"Ok, I've just about had my FILL of riddle asking, quest assigning, insult throwing, pun hurling, hostage taking, iron mongering, smart-arsed fools, freaks, and felons that continually test my will, mettle, strength, intelligence, and most of all, patience! If you've got a straight answer ANYWHERE in that bent little head of yours, I want to hear it pretty damn quick or I'm going to take a large blunt object roughly the size of Elminster AND his hat, and stuff it lengthwise into a crevice of your being so seldom seen that even the denizens of the nine hells themselves wouldn't touch it with a twenty-foot rusty halberd! Have I MADE myself perfectly CLEAR?!"

--<CHARNAME> to Portalbendarwinden

--------------------

post-10485-0-15080600-1348188745.jpg
___________Old pen and paper modules of the 70s and 80s.___________

CA Forums CA Homepage

#2 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 12:41 PM

There's no file size comment... ups:
File Size: 110.15MB
And does this install all or can they be chosen one by one ? We want customizations options... :ROFL:

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#3 Cuv

Cuv

Area Maker (retired)

• Modder
  • 925 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 04:39 PM

Awesome Sam!!!!

#4 Sam.

Sam.
  • Administrator
  • 1292 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 04:48 PM

So far there are two options. You can replace everything, or you can add only the movies that BGEE hasn't already remade. WeiDU isn't my thing, so Wisp volunteered to do the coding for me. If you want more options than that then U have to code it yourself and I'll be happy to include it :) .

"Ok, I've just about had my FILL of riddle asking, quest assigning, insult throwing, pun hurling, hostage taking, iron mongering, smart-arsed fools, freaks, and felons that continually test my will, mettle, strength, intelligence, and most of all, patience! If you've got a straight answer ANYWHERE in that bent little head of yours, I want to hear it pretty damn quick or I'm going to take a large blunt object roughly the size of Elminster AND his hat, and stuff it lengthwise into a crevice of your being so seldom seen that even the denizens of the nine hells themselves wouldn't touch it with a twenty-foot rusty halberd! Have I MADE myself perfectly CLEAR?!"

--------------------

CA Forums CA Homepage

#5 Sam.

Sam.
  • Administrator
  • 1292 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:59 PM

Oh, and if any of these movies have localized versions, send them to me and I'll include them in the installer :) .

--------------------

CA Forums CA Homepage

#6 gloomfrost

gloomfrost
  • 16 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 05:18 PM

THANK YOU!

#7 Sam.

Sam.
  • Administrator
  • 1292 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 06:31 PM

Update

05 December 2012 - Version 0.02:
* Added DAYNITE (Sunset movie), NITEDAY (Sunrise movie), RESTDUNG (Resting in dungeon movie), and RESTINN (Resting at inn movie) from BGII.

06 December 2012 - Version 0.03:
* Re-enable the Beregost movie when you first travel to the area.

--------------------

CA Forums CA Homepage

#8 -Merry-

-Merry-

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:14 PM

Hi Sam, could you help me with the mod installation, please?
I just installed the game and it runs just fine.

Posted Image

#9 Sam.

Sam.
  • Administrator
  • 1292 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 08:33 PM

If you read the readme, under the installation section there is a link to the official instructions on how to install mods in BGEE.

Edit: Player how-to: Getting mods to work on BGEE

Edited by Sam., 07 December 2012 - 10:21 PM.

--------------------

CA Forums CA Homepage

#10 -Merry-

-Merry-

Posted 08 December 2012 - 02:51 PM

Thank you, Sam. Now I ran into 'read only' W7 bug/feature. Not your fault anyway

#11 Sam.

Sam.
  • Administrator
  • 1292 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 05:04 PM

Thank you, Sam. Now I ran into 'read only' W7 bug/feature. Not your fault anyway

I'm not exactly sure which problem you are describing, but if you haven't already found a solution, you might find reading The common Windows Vista and Windows 7 problems helpful. Particularly, sections 2.1, 2.2.1, and 2.2.2.

--------------------

CA Forums CA Homepage

#12 Sam.

Sam.
  • Administrator
  • 1292 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:16 PM

Update to Version 0.04:
  • Added BWDRAGON (Bioware logo movie) and WOTC (WOTC Logo) from BGII.
Also, per multiple requests:
  • All movies were re-sized to the same dimensions as the new BG:EE movies (1280x720) while maintaining their aspect ratios.

--------------------

CA Forums CA Homepage

#13 -Daazed-

-Daazed-

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:02 PM

So I have ridiculously slow internet and this is taking forever but, are the video files have a .wbm file extension? and if they are my next question would be how did you encode them? and if they are not, how do I get different formats to be recognized? 

#14 Sam.

Sam.
  • Administrator
  • 1292 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:49 PM

So I have ridiculously slow internet and this is taking forever but, are the video files have a .wbm file extension? and if they are my next question would be how did you encode them? and if they are not, how do I get different formats to be recognized? 

Yes, they do have the .wbm file extension, but they are actually WebM files.  I encoded them using Firefogg.  You can't get the game to recognize other file formats without hacking the .exe.  Did that answer your question? :)

--------------------

CA Forums CA Homepage

#15 DazeMc

DazeMc
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:17 PM

Yes, they do have the .wbm file extension, but they are actually WebM files.  I encoded them using Firefogg.  You can't get the game to recognize other file formats without hacking the .exe.  Did that answer your question? :)

Yes thank you :new_thumbs: now I might actually be able to watch the movies in-game 

#16 -Severon-

-Severon-

Posted 25 February 2013 - 06:17 AM

Anyone else had the game crash just before the movie playing ends?

#17 Baenwort

Baenwort
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 07:05 PM

I'm trying to use this on the Steam edition of BG:EE (currently on 2014 patch) and am getting the following error.

[C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition\Setup-BGEEClassicMovie
s.exe] WeiDU version 23107
This is a non-stable version. Unless you're sure about what you're doing, consid
er downgrading.
[C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition\Setup-BGEEClassicMovie
s.exe] Using scripting style "BG2"

Would you like to display the readme? [Y]es [N]o
n

Install Component [Restore BG1 movies to BG: EE]?
[N]o, [Q]uit or choose one:
 1] Replace all movies
 2] Add missing movies

Installing [Add missing movies] [v0.04]
Copying and patching 1 file ...
Cannot resolve trigger 0x4043
ERROR: [ar3300.bcs] -> [override] Patching Failed (COPY) (Not_found)
Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR Installing [Add missing movies], rolling back to previous state
Will uninstall   1 files for [BGEECLASSICMOVIES/SETUP-BGEECLASSICMOVIES.TP2] com
ponent 1.
Uninstalled      1 files for [BGEECLASSICMOVIES/SETUP-BGEECLASSICMOVIES.TP2] com
ponent 1.
ERROR: Not_found
PLEASE email the file SETUP-BGEECLASSICMOVIES.DEBUG to Sam.

1] Replace all movies
 2] Add missing movies

Installing [Replace all movies] [v0.04]
Copying 1 file ...
Copying 1 file ...
Cannot resolve trigger 0x4043
ERROR: [ar3300.bcs] -> [override] Patching Failed (COPY) (Not_found)

ERROR Installing [Replace all movies], rolling back to previous state
Will uninstall  38 files for [BGEECLASSICMOVIES/SETUP-BGEECLASSICMOVIES.TP2] com
ponent 0.
Uninstalled     38 files for [BGEECLASSICMOVIES/SETUP-BGEECLASSICMOVIES.TP2] com
ponent 0.
ERROR: Not_found
PLEASE email the file SETUP-BGEECLASSICMOVIES.DEBUG to Sam.

1] Replace all movies
 2] Add missing movies
q

NOT INSTALLED DUE TO ERRORS Add missing movies

NOT INSTALLED DUE TO ERRORS Replace all movies

Press ENTER to exit.

I've attached the debug file.  I've made the hardlink of the dialog.tlk as directed. The WeiDU version of Convenient Ammunition works as I ran it just before this.

Attached Files

*Steam Edition BG:EE version 2014

#18 Sam.

Sam.
  • Administrator
  • 1292 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 08:48 PM

I'm trying to use this on the Steam edition of BG:EE (currently on 2014 patch) and am getting the following error.

Spoiler

I've attached the debug file.  I've made the hardlink of the dialog.tlk as directed. The WeiDU version of Convenient Ammunition works as I ran it just before this.
I'm not familiar with what makes the Steam version different than the regular version of the game, but it looks like WeiDU can't find ar3300.bcs (the area script for Beregost).  The installer tries to patch it so that the Beregost movie will trigger when you first go to the area.  Would you mind running a change-log of ar3300.bcs, to see if WeiDU can find the file at all, and post the results here if it can?  PS WeiDU (Un)Installer can be used to do this, if you don't want to set it up manually.  Also, a tool like NearInfinity can be used to see if Beregost (AR3300.are) has an area script (*.bcs), and if it does, what it is.  If you could post that here that may be helpful.  Someone more familiar with Steam may have a better recommendation...?

Edited by Sam., 07 March 2013 - 08:49 PM.

--------------------

CA Forums CA Homepage

#19 Wisp

Wisp
  • Modder
  • 1353 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 04:55 AM

Not_found != file is missing. It is the patch that fails, not the copy action.

I would think the error would have something to do with the trigger. At this level of information the error is because WeiDU tries to decompile the script and TRIGGER.IDS does not contain the trigger 0x4043 (InParty()).

Edited by Wisp, 08 March 2013 - 05:11 AM.

#20 Salk

Salk
  • Modder
  • 1411 posts

Donator

Posted 14 June 2013 - 12:09 AM

Hello!

I found out about this topic only today and I will certainly be using this mod.

But I wonder if Sam. could take this a step further by offering an option to also re-enable the original background images for Chapters and Prologue. I have so far only seen the new background image for the prologue: I believe it is a disgrace and I don't have much faith the other ones being much better.

Edited by Salk, 14 June 2013 - 10:44 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: BGEE, Movies, WebM