Photo

InfinityDownloader

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 shadowlich

shadowlich
  • 102 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 05:26 AM

InfinityDownloader is a GUI tool to download mods for BGII.
It's free, written in C# 4.

Have yet to find a place to upload/download its file DownloadLinks.txt so the file is always uptodate -- it's base on Mod.ini from BigWorldSetup :)

Source code is available (contact me, I'll it send to you)

[Edited]
Keep in mind that there are many error type:
1 - download link is redirected: nothing simple can be done (it doesn't worth the work) => do it manually
2 - server side error (not responding, missing file, time out, etc.): nothing can be done to solve this => try later
3 - server response is in a format not yet handled by InfinityDownloader => Report me this case, I will check the new format asap

Final note: I didn't include all mod download links from Mod.ini, anyone could update its DownloadLinks.txt and share it with every one else :)

[Edited]
Added:
. Add log
. Workaround for .NET bad reference with DataGridViewRow
. Add Content-Disposition for Alcool
. When downloading, replace Mod.Status to "Downloading" (better than "Todo")
. Add hint to GUI elements // it should be enough, so no need of tutorial

Attached Images

• InfinityDownloader001.jpg

Attached Files

Edited by shadowlich, 12 April 2011 - 01:40 PM.

#2 Zyraen

Zyraen
  • Modder
  • 1402 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 05:49 AM

Wow great stuff...! :Bow:

kiyos.jpg____btlbn2.gif____kovaS.jpg
Love between a Law Enforcer and a Fugitive - can such a thing even happen?
SoA Release - Overview / Download Links

Zyraen's Miscellaneous Mods - Ust Natha Accelerator, item tweaks, XP caps, The Ub3r Reaver Kit, and much more...
Spellhold Gauntlet - more than just a Spellhold-Be-Gone
Hidden Kits - hidden dual-classed kits with a twist for progression

#3 danemanuelk

danemanuelk
  • 133 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 07:08 AM

:Bow: :cheers: wow That was fast ..looks very interesting ..but I don't find option to download everything from one click ...is necessary to select every mod ?

OK I think I got it ..CTRL+A ?

OK first questions after my first attempt to download everything:
1. any possibility to make a numeration of mods?
2. just 14 mods is possible to download?
3. is possible to make a log or something so to be easy to report errors?

Attached Images

• errpr.jpg

Edited by danemanuelk, 12 April 2011 - 07:20 AM.

#4 shadowlich

shadowlich
  • 102 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 01:33 PM

Ctrl + A : Select all
Ctrl + click: multi select
Shift + click: multi select

Down button: move selected mods to bottom to_download grid
Up button: move selected mods to upper grid

Numeric box: max number of simultaneous download
Up button: increase priority download (download begins from the top of the grid)
Down button: decrease priority download (download begins from the top of the grid)

1. any possibility to make a numeration of mods?

I don't understand the question; could you explain me more please?

2. just 14 mods is possible to download?

Select the 14 mods you want in the upper grid then click on down button, then start the download, it's all

3. is possible to make a log or something so to be easy to report errors?

Done :)

#5 Sam.

Sam.
  • Administrator
  • 1292 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 02:08 PM

Awesome tool! The updated version (v0.02) is not packaged with the folder "download", and since the destination does not exist and the program doen't create it, the downloads are not successful. Otherwise, it's looking really good :) .

BTW, I am running it on XP sp3. I had to install the new .NET Framework 4 for it to run, but after that everything is working smoothly. Just thought I'd mention it.

Have yet to find a place to upload/download its file DownloadLinks.txt so the file is always uptodate -- it's base on Mod.ini from BigWorldSetup :)

If you are looking for some way to upload it so that it is easily accessible and update-able, I recommend getting Dropbox and putting it in the public folder. Your program can access it via the public link. If you don't have Dropbox, you can get it here. If you are going to host a version of it somewhere, will you accept additions (like the mods that fall outside of the Big World's perview e.g. the total conversions, etc.)?

Edited by Sam., 12 April 2011 - 02:18 PM.

"Ok, I've just about had my FILL of riddle asking, quest assigning, insult throwing, pun hurling, hostage taking, iron mongering, smart-arsed fools, freaks, and felons that continually test my will, mettle, strength, intelligence, and most of all, patience! If you've got a straight answer ANYWHERE in that bent little head of yours, I want to hear it pretty damn quick or I'm going to take a large blunt object roughly the size of Elminster AND his hat, and stuff it lengthwise into a crevice of your being so seldom seen that even the denizens of the nine hells themselves wouldn't touch it with a twenty-foot rusty halberd! Have I MADE myself perfectly CLEAR?!"

--<CHARNAME> to Portalbendarwinden

--------------------

post-10485-0-15080600-1348188745.jpg
___________Old pen and paper modules of the 70s and 80s.___________

CA Forums CA Homepage

#6 shadowlich

shadowlich
  • 102 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 03:09 PM

I forgot this crazy ./download folder; will add an EnsureDefaultDestinationFolder method before downloading... thanks for the feedback

Could have make an exe for each .NET : .2, .3, .4 but too lazy

Will check Dropbox

will you accept additions (like the mods that fall outside of the Big World's perview e.g. the total conversions, etc.)?

InfinityDownloader is for EVERYONE, so THE TOOL will accept anything; as mentionned in the read me, you can download practically anything, just give it a name and a download link. You can add your links in your DownloadLinks.txt and publish the file yourself or send it to me, I will update the one here.

In fact the more people use the tool, the easier it will be uptodate, the easier it will be to download mods relating to BGII -- total/partial conversions, simple mods or mega installation SO USE IT :P

[Edited]
I just download all the mods without any unknwon errors, but some server side errors. Check the "Notes" column to see the reason why the download has failed. Hey, did you notice: you can move the columns, sort and resize them.

Edited by shadowlich, 12 April 2011 - 03:12 PM.

#7 Sam.

Sam.
  • Administrator
  • 1292 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 07:21 PM

I have compiled an extensive but not exhaustive DownloadLinks database for IE Modding Tools scattered throughout the aether. There is probably quite a few here that most people have never seen or heard of... If anyone would like to make comments, suggestions, updates, additions, etc., I would love to start a new thread here just for that. Anyway, here is the initial version:
Attached File  IE Tool DownloadLinks.txt   16.26K   2498 downloads

3 - server response is in a format not yet handled by InfinityDownloader => Report me this case, I will check the new format asap

The only link I cam across while compiling the above list that InfinityDownloader could not handle was:
http://www.gibberlings3.net/tools/WeiDU_Highlighters-v1.rar?group_id=10122
When I shortened it to:
http://www.gibberlings3.net/tools/WeiDU_Highlighters-v1.rar
it worked fine. :)

- "smart" download, i.e. only if local and server size are different

Would it be possible to use a MD5 Hash (or similar) instead? That would be more accurate, and could even check to make sure the file was not corrupted during the download.

Edited by Sam., 13 April 2011 - 07:27 PM.

"Ok, I've just about had my FILL of riddle asking, quest assigning, insult throwing, pun hurling, hostage taking, iron mongering, smart-arsed fools, freaks, and felons that continually test my will, mettle, strength, intelligence, and most of all, patience! If you've got a straight answer ANYWHERE in that bent little head of yours, I want to hear it pretty damn quick or I'm going to take a large blunt object roughly the size of Elminster AND his hat, and stuff it lengthwise into a crevice of your being so seldom seen that even the denizens of the nine hells themselves wouldn't touch it with a twenty-foot rusty halberd! Have I MADE myself perfectly CLEAR?!"

--------------------

CA Forums CA Homepage

#8 shadowlich

shadowlich
  • 102 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 12:13 AM

THANKS A LOT Sam. I suppose that mean you're in charge of that file now.

By the way InfinityDownloader use a config.ini with 2 lines now:
Mod Link File=./DownloadLinks.txt // repository links file name
Default Destination Folder=./Download/ // default destination folder; user should replace it by "myPath/BiG World Downloads/ :)

TODO:
- use MD5 not size
- friendly way to copy link from selected rows
- #total mods
- #total downloads
- #total currently download (for debug)
- custom icon for InfinityDownloader
- ForceDefaultDestinationFolder
- a more distinct icon while downloading
- a constant download link for ./DownloadLinks.txt so it can download its own starting file :P , preferably NOT maintained by me
- any other features asked by users

I will try to put InfinityDownloader in the download section if I am allowed to.
Maybe upload DownloadLinks.txt too; you are the volunteer for this one, Sam? :D

Edited by shadowlich, 14 April 2011 - 02:20 AM.

#9 danemanuelk

danemanuelk
  • 133 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 04:26 AM

o man o man :woot: this little baby grow ... good work shadowlich

#10 Sam.

Sam.
  • Administrator
  • 1292 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 07:59 AM

By the waI will try to put InfinityDownloader in the download section if I am allowed to.
Maybe upload DownloadLinks.txt too; you are the volunteer for this one, Sam? :D

You are not only allowed to, but encouraged to. You can do that by following this link. The forum software will automatically start a new thread for the uploaded file (only the first time you upload it), but that thread can be used for discussion of/maintaining the DownloadLinks files (or this one can if you prefer to move the discussion about the actual tool over there.)

Can you tell I really like your tool? :P

Edited by Sam., 14 April 2011 - 02:25 PM.

--------------------

CA Forums CA Homepage

#11 shadowlich

shadowlich
  • 102 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 09:43 AM

Thanks Zyraen, danemanuelk and Sam.

Please Sam. do as you said, and I will point to your links.
So, no more Frodo, now Sam. is the Lord of the Links :cheers:

#12 Sam.

Sam.
  • Administrator
  • 1292 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 02:32 PM

So, no more Frodo, now Sam. is the Lord of the Links :cheers:

:ROFL:

Please Sam. do as you said, and I will point to your links.

InfinityDownloaderReadMe
InfinityDownloaderScrnShot
My hosting of IE Tool DownloadLinks.

--------------------

CA Forums CA Homepage

#13 shadowlich

shadowlich
  • 102 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 04:54 AM

I upload InfinityDownloader to the download section, and update to version v0.03: http://www.shsforums...ds&showfile=957
- I MOVE DownloadLinks.txt to ./Links/DownloadLinks.txt (this shouls ne transparent)
- Ctrl + L(oad) is the mainly new feature: it allows you to load a links file. So one can have its collection of links group by category and usable

Now, I will focus on InfinityBuilder, a tool that allows to create any custom install for BGII. Have just to finish Drag and Drop part to move categories, mods and components and it is over :)

v0.03:
. Config.ini file added (Mod Link File => file links repository; Default Destination Folder; Default Custom File => at startup, InfinityDownloader will try load this file if it exists; #Simultaneous Downloads)
. Display #links
. Display #donwloads
. Display links filename in window caption
. Double click to move from a grid to another
. CTRL + I : generate a DownloadLinksNEW.txt file base from Big World Setup Mod.ini
. CTRL + L : load a links file (for ex, you can have modLinks.txt, toolLinks.txt, Diablo3Links.txt, etc.)
. CTRL + F : search in grid in modname and link column.
. F3 : next occurence

TODO:
- use MD5 not size
- friendly way to copy link from selected rows
- #total mods // Done
- #total downloads // Done
- #total currently download (for debug)
- custom icon for InfinityDownloader
- ForceDefaultDestinationFolder
- a more distinct icon while downloading
- a constant download link for ./DownloadLinks.txt so it can download its own starting file , preferably NOT maintained by me
- Copy to clipboard selected links => .NET seems handle this foolishly...
- any other features asked by users

#14 Sam.

Sam.
  • Administrator
  • 1292 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 07:34 PM

I have added several dozen more links to IE Tool DownloadLinks, including the ones from Black Wyrm's Lair, the official patches for the IE games, and even some tools that are Mac specific. InfinityDownloader seems unable to download the Mac specific tools found here even though I can DL them with my internet browser just fine. I get the error "The remote server returned an error: (403) Forbidden."

I don't know if you are happy to get suggestions or if your time is better spent on other projects, but you could resolve the special HTML character codes back into the actual characters in the filenames when they are saved to disk. For example, in
Baldur%27sGateII-ShadowsofAmnItalianTLKUpdate.exe
the "%27" should really be an apostrophe.

--------------------

CA Forums CA Homepage

#15 shadowlich

shadowlich
  • 102 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 09:56 PM

Please keep going on; any feedback/remarks/suggestion/anything pepole think of are welcome

Next version features:
- try to handle these 403 error
- Char %27 should be handle for next version.
- uses of tabPages, one for each download links file
- a Description column in the links file, so a line is now: "myMod | myLink | my user friendly description" -- you can update your IE Tool DownloadLinks.txt now, with the new version the column will appear "magically :)

Would it be possible to use a MD5 Hash (or similar) instead? That would be more accurate, and could even check to make sure the file was not corrupted during the download.

=> Local side MD5 is easy, I can do that, but I also need MD5 from server (the web), and I am not sure all servers publish this information. Maybe I am wrong somewhere? Someone can help and explain more on this point?

#16 shadowlich

shadowlich
  • 102 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 01:36 PM

v0.04 features:
. Char %27 replaced by "'"
. Description column, so a line is now: "myMod | myLink | my user friendly description"
. uses of tabPages, one for each download links file in ./Links/ //files with name beginning with an underscore are ignored
. an customizable icon foreach tabPages: put in ./Links/ an icon named myLinksFile.ico

Notes:
- error 403 will be handle in next version
- ftp will be handle in next version
I will use wget for these 2 cases; I will publish next version surely sunday

#17 Sam.

Sam.
  • Administrator
  • 1292 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 04:29 PM

v0.04 doesn't work for me. When I select anything to download and try to move it to the download queue, they disappear and never show up down below. When I click the download button, the program crashes. Also, the window title is still v0.03 :).

Char %27 replaced by "'"

Instead of HTML special characters, I was actually thinking of HTML URL Encoding. Here is a list. Potentially, any or all of these in the filename should be changed before writing it to disk. Maybe run the filename you get from the server through a quick decode function?

uses of tabPages, one for each download links file in ./Links/ //files with name beginning with an underscore are ignored

Awesome :). Great feature.

an customizable icon foreach tabPages: put in ./Links/ an icon named myLinksFile.ico

Attached is my icon that should go with IE Tool DownloadLinks.

Attached File  IE Tool DownloadLinks.ico   24.62K   585 downloads

Another suggestion: It would be nice if shortcuts in the \Links folder were recognized and could be used to load DownloadLinks files not in the directory. Both regular shortcuts (.lnk) and Internet Shortcuts (.url) would be extremely useful. The second would make it so that the online versions can be directly used.

--------------------

CA Forums CA Homepage

#18 shadowlich

shadowlich
  • 102 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 09:50 PM

Sorry for your version, I'll take a look at the published version asap

nstead of HTML special characters, I was actually thinking of HTML URL Encoding. Here is a list. Potentially, any or all of these in the filename should be changed before writing it to disk. Maybe run the filename you get from the server through a quick decode function?

Yes, this is the case, but I didn't know there were so many special case in url, moreover don't know why some people use these special char.
I'll improve the decode function.

Attached is my icon that should go with IE Tool DownloadLinks.

You are very fast :)

It would be nice if shortcuts in the \Links folder were recognized and could be used to load DownloadLinks files not in the directory. Both regular shortcuts (.lnk) and Internet Shortcuts (.url) would be extremely useful. The second would make it so that the online versions can be directly used

Ok, if I understand your point is: possibility to put (.lnk or .url) shortcut in the links folder. It is specially interesting for .url, so we can share same files without any need of user updating. It's very very interesting, even maybe doable for my poor skills. I'll try

#19 shadowlich

shadowlich
  • 102 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 12:34 PM

v0.04a published.

v0.04 release version was buggy due to .NET databinding... :doh:

#20 Ramiliez

Ramiliez
  • 11 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 10:36 AM

Greetings

Hope this helps i found out that these mod links werent working

links (DownloadLinks.txt) were downloaded from:
http://www.shsforums...tydownloader7z/

These links didnt work... its in the picture plus every link with Trow in name its not there because i choose to delete it from .txt

Attached Images

• Capture-3.jpg

Edited by Ramiliez, 27 July 2011 - 10:37 AM.