23 replies to this topic

#1 Chevalier

Chevalier

Knight of the Realms

• Modder
  • 2405 posts

Posted 10 April 2005 - 05:35 PM

Someone had to ask, so I thought I would. :D

Is this mod compatible with BP-BGT? I know it is a ToB mod, so would it work with BP spells, scripts, and other stuff? I also know the forum is just up and do not need an answer right away.

I Ride for the King!

a.k.a. Chev

#2 -icelus-

-icelus-

Posted 10 April 2005 - 05:59 PM

It's a total conversion, so I highly doubt it.

#3 al17

al17
  • Modder
  • 298 posts

Posted 10 April 2005 - 09:31 PM

It's a total conversion, so I highly doubt it.

View Post

right.

you can install rtt and... rtt. :)

rtt14ban5bv.jpg

Return To Trademeet (http://rtteng.altervista.org), my mod for Baldur's Gate 2. Try it! ;)

#4 Caedwyr

Caedwyr

Wraith Editor

• 962 posts

Posted 10 April 2005 - 10:12 PM

As an extension to the compatibility question, how uninstall friendly is it? Do you just need to reinstall the whole game, or does it come with an uninstaller?
"Knowledge is Power. Power Corrupts. Study Hard. Be Evil." - Ferret

PnP Celestials
Geomantic Sorcerer Kit

#5 Chevalier

Chevalier

Knight of the Realms

• Modder
  • 2405 posts

Posted 10 April 2005 - 10:38 PM

Is this a TC of ToB or the whole game?? :huh:

I Ride for the King!

a.k.a. Chev

#6 al17

al17
  • Modder
  • 298 posts

Posted 10 April 2005 - 11:04 PM

As an extension to the compatibility question, how uninstall friendly is it? Do you just need to reinstall the whole game, or does it come with an uninstaller?

Uninstall is very easy. Run "Restore SoA - ToB.bat" and you have again your original bg2 after two-three minutes. At this point you can decide to delete definitively the back up files of the tc or not. there is a list (rtt uninstall.txt) of 1 folder and six-seven files to delete manually. If you decide not to delete the back up, you can restore rtt running "Restore RTT.bat" when you want.

So, for example, you can install rtt and play with it for two hours. Then you run "Restore SoA - ToB.bat" and you play to the original SoA or ToB for other two hours. The next day you run "Restore RTT.bat" and you play again with rtt, and so on...

Is this a TC of ToB or the whole game??

RTT simply replace SoA.

however you can find all these info in the pinned topic ;)

rtt14ban5bv.jpg

Return To Trademeet (http://rtteng.altervista.org), my mod for Baldur's Gate 2. Try it! ;)

#7 Ismail

Ismail

Squirrel Pride Worldwide!

• 423 posts

Posted 10 April 2005 - 11:07 PM

so it's incompatible even with stuff like, say, Ease-of-Use?
Lahinguväljal joome, raisk!

#8 al17

al17
  • Modder
  • 298 posts

Posted 10 April 2005 - 11:58 PM

so it's incompatible even with stuff like, say, Ease-of-Use?

View Post

Theoretically... no, they should be compatible.

I've only some doubt about "No Traps or Locks" and "Rest Anywhere", but the other ones should be ok, even if many of them are useless ("Female Edwina", "Imoen ToB Dialogue Fix", etc).

rtt14ban5bv.jpg

#9 -Duncan-

-Duncan-

Posted 21 April 2005 - 11:47 AM

what about the Refinements mod and it's HLAs Tables? would that be compatible?

#10 al17

al17
  • Modder
  • 298 posts

Posted 21 April 2005 - 03:37 PM

what about the Refinements mod and it's HLAs Tables? would that be compatible?

View Post

uhm... no, I think it's not compatible.

rtt14ban5bv.jpg

#11 AnnabelleRose

AnnabelleRose

The great pretender... of modding!

• Modder
  • 2083 posts

Posted 21 April 2005 - 04:36 PM

What about one pixel productions?

- The transitioned former modder once known as MTS.

#12 al17

al17
  • Modder
  • 298 posts

Posted 21 April 2005 - 05:44 PM

What about one pixel productions?

View Post

it should be ok

rtt14ban5bv.jpg

#13 AnnabelleRose

AnnabelleRose

The great pretender... of modding!

• Modder
  • 2083 posts

Posted 21 April 2005 - 08:14 PM

Seems to be perfectly compatable.

I can also report that it is compatable with the following G3 Tweak pack components:
--Change Imoen's Avatar to Mage (was using it before 1pp)
--Disable Portrait Icons Added by Equipped Items
--Bottomless Containers

Been using the following from EoU as well:
--Infinite Weapon, Potion and Ring/Amulet Stacking
--Shut Up "You Must Gather Your Party Before Venturing Forth"
--Wear Magical Armor AND Magic Rings (etc.)
--XP Cap Remover

- The transitioned former modder once known as MTS.

#14 the bigg

the bigg

2083 is a prime number.

• Modder
  • 3331 posts

Posted 22 April 2005 - 04:47 AM

"No traps and locks" and "Rest anywhere" should work. They are using advanced tp2 as of late, and will also affect RTT.
As far as Refinements go, I'd like to know why it shouldn't work - and if there are problems, you can always report at our place and we will find a solution.

Italian users: help test the Stivan NPC!

Author or Co-Author: WeiDU - Widescreen - Generalized Biffing - Refinements - TB#Tweaks - IWD2Tweaks - TB#Characters - Traify Tool - Some mods that I won't mention in public
Maintainer: Semi-Multi Clerics - Nalia Mod - Nvidia Fix
Code dumps: Detect custom secondary types - Stutter Investigator

If possible, send diffs, translations and other contributions using Git.

#15 al17

al17
  • Modder
  • 298 posts

Posted 23 April 2005 - 02:02 AM

As far as Refinements go, I'd like to know why it shouldn't work - and if there are problems, you can always report at our place and we will find a solution.

when I read the tp2 of eou I was sure there would be no problem. when I read the tp2 of refinements I had some doubt and so I prefered to write not to try, even if I could be wring. I'll send a pm to you with some questions, ok? :)

"No traps and locks" and "Rest anywhere" should work. They are using advanced tp2 as of late, and will also affect RTT.

"No Traps and Locks" and "Rest Anywhere" work only with the original soa+tob areas or with any areas?

rtt14ban5bv.jpg

#16 the bigg

the bigg

2083 is a prime number.

• Modder
  • 3331 posts

Posted 23 April 2005 - 02:13 AM

"No Traps and Locks" and "Rest Anywhere" work only with the original soa+tob areas or with any areas?

View Post

They use regexp to catch all areas, except those starting with XR2 (since XR2400 and 2600 are listed in chitin.key but aren't in the biffs).

Regarding Refinements, here are my main doubts:
- New kits won't (mostly) work correctly with regards to item usability, unless I address this specifically - and probably I'll do them, one day or the latter. No incompatibilities within the Italian Modding Triumvirate :)
- Some kits using unusability tricks ( = using a redundant flag, like the Undead Hunter, to add special unusabilites).
- New items - again, Littiz will work for the good of the Triumvirate to make items compatible with the Sword Angel :)

Author or Co-Author: WeiDU - Widescreen - Generalized Biffing - Refinements - TB#Tweaks - IWD2Tweaks - TB#Characters - Traify Tool - Some mods that I won't mention in public

#17 al17

al17
  • Modder
  • 298 posts

Posted 23 April 2005 - 03:12 AM

They use regexp to catch all areas, except those starting with XR2 (since XR2400 and 2600 are listed in chitin.key but aren't in the biffs).

Regarding Refinements, here are my main doubts:
- New kits won't (mostly) work correctly with regards to item usability, unless I address this specifically - and probably I'll do them, one day or the latter. No incompatibilities within the Italian Modding Triumvirate 
- Some kits using unusability tricks ( = using a redundant flag, like the Undead Hunter, to add special unusabilites).
- New items - again, Littiz will work for the good of the Triumvirate to make items compatible with the Sword Angel

so at the end...

refinements should work, but only a future version.

no traps and locks doesn't work. there is a serious incompatibility with some quest.

rtt14ban5bv.jpg

#18 the bigg

the bigg

2083 is a prime number.

• Modder
  • 3331 posts

Posted 02 May 2005 - 11:22 AM

"G3Tweaks - All items Identified" is incompatible with the hazard merchant in Trademeet, since he will sell his stuff identified.

EDIT: Another thing: some items have the "proficiency" field which is a weapon while not being one (EG aaa03.itm has hammer). Unfortunately, this is bad for Ashes of Embers compatibility.
Result: until these items are addressed, or I pubblish an updated tp2 for Ashes of Embers, AoE is incompatible with RTT.

Edited by the bigg, 02 May 2005 - 11:55 AM.

#19 al17

al17
  • Modder
  • 298 posts

Posted 03 May 2005 - 09:37 AM

thank you... I'll check all them

rtt14ban5bv.jpg

#20 the bigg

the bigg

2083 is a prime number.

• Modder
  • 3331 posts

Posted 04 May 2005 - 03:01 PM

Yet something else for AoE... some NPCs have stats too low to be able to carry some of their weapons in AoE (see here http://forums.pocket....php?topic=19.0).
Installing the AoE fixes to the BW NPCs doesn't work either.

Most of BG2 NPCs tweaks don't work, meaning that the modified stats/kit/avatar won't be displayed (NPCTweak, NPCKit).
Exception: the animation / colour tweaks from G3Tweaks do work.
SwashImoen will work in a future release.
Note: these two won't create any problem, simply they won't affect your game.

Edited by the bigg, 09 May 2005 - 02:13 PM.