BGT-WeiDU 0.99 BETA released!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
127 replies to this topic

#21 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 29 June 2005 - 10:24 PM

And on KDs Baldurdash: As Ascension64 mentioned before, you do not NEED it. But you pretty sure WANT it

Sounds good! So, at what point is it best to install it? ;)

View Post

OMG! RTFM! :)

17. I want to install other modifications besides the core components BP-BGT.  Any tips?

You do so at your own risk, but you may attempt to find some support at the Spellhold Studios forums (http://www.shsforums.net) if you think you might have issues installing other modifications.  As a general rule, if you want to play The Big Picture, install BP-BGT in the order provided above first, then install other modifications on top, and if you want to play Baldur?s Gate Trilogy without the Big Picture, install BGT-WeiDU first before installing other modifications on top.

What order you want to install the other modifications is up to you.

CtB compatible with the weidu setup?

Yes, but it currently won't work due to requirement for BP v170. Or you can force it to install properly by creating a file named BPITEM02.2DA and throwing that in the override directory. Again, CtB is listed in the setup order.

BoneHill v 1.8 still uses the old map so you would want to replace it with his, correct?

I've warned in the readme to use SoBH 1.92 or above.
@Sir BillyBob: When you have time on your hands, are you able to give the 'go-ahead' for the compatible NTotSC (+DSotSC) and SoBH with BGT-WeiDU? Generally, I'm sure some things will be broken in the new installation, so I'd just like a notification at which version do you give the all-green-lights for compatibility. Take your time with this one. I met get some time to have a look as well.

Which map is currently in TDD and SOS anyway? Me thinks it is a good guess that they are pretty outdated

The BG2:SoA maps with just the additional TDD and SoS areas. They are very outdated. :lol:

Edited by Ascension64, 29 June 2005 - 10:37 PM.

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU and Mods
Throne of Bhaal Extender (TobEx)

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#22 -Cal-

-Cal-

Posted 30 June 2005 - 03:25 AM

I'm getting some weirdness when I try to install this.

I extract the rar to my BG2 directory. It then says press install. Well theres no file labeled install in my root directory so I assume that meant Setup-BGT-Prep.exe.

The readme then says that I am suppossed to get a prompt asking for the direction to my BG1 directory. I don't get this. The setup just runs through and exits.

Hmmm.....

So I run the next step in the readme, Setup-BGT-Main.exe.

Loads of errors and the installation buggers up and exits, telling me to restore dialog.tlk.

Errrrr..... I've followed the installation guide to the letter up until this point.

I have the SETUP-BGT-MAIN.DEBUG file if you want.

#23 -grogerson-

-grogerson-

Posted 30 June 2005 - 04:09 AM

This thread sure is giving a lot of useful information about BGT-WieDU.

I can find almost everything for WeiDU-BP-BGT on the mirrors except... :blink:
TSv60bifferv2.fixed.zip
TDDwiedu1to2patch-fixed.zip

Would someone please provide a link for these, or put them on the mirrors? I'm sure I'm not the only one who would be thankful... :D

#24 hlidskialf

hlidskialf

Incarnation of the Eternal Ale Warrior

• Modder
  • 2510 posts

Posted 30 June 2005 - 04:26 AM

They are on Horred's "Big Picture Yahoo Site". Under the files section. However, I don't have a link at work here. I'm sure you can google it or site search it. ;)

The great wolf Fenrir gapes ever at the dwelling of the gods.

#25 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 30 June 2005 - 04:39 AM

Gah. Think I know what the problem is. When I run the preperation .exe, it exits when I am asked for the BG1 directory.
The dos box terminates before I get the chance to finish. Anyone know how to fix?

#26 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 30 June 2005 - 04:57 AM

Gah. Think I know what the problem is. When I run the preperation .exe, it exits when I am asked for the BG1 directory.
The dos box terminates before I get the chance to finish. Anyone know how to fix?

View Post

Try going to the Start Menu, selecting Run..., type cmd or command to get to the command prompt. Go to the BGII directory, then run the executable from the command prompt. Hopefully it works. Remember that if you use command, filenames only support 8 characters, so make sure you have the correct SETUP-~1.EXE or whatever it is. The safest way is to use cmd.

Also, can I get more information about your system? PC/MAC/other? Version of Windows? How you installed BG1 and BG2?

I do apologise for the mistake that is in the readme file. BGT-WeiDU used to be an auto-extractable EXE file, but I stopped doing that when PestPatrol detected the file as an exploit file instead. For everyone, the first step should read:

1. Extract BGT099b-Install.rar to your BGII install directory

and NOT

1. Extract BGT099b-Install.rar, select your BGII install directory, then press Install

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#27 -Cal-

-Cal-

Posted 30 June 2005 - 05:09 AM

View Post

Try going to the Start Menu, selecting Run..., type cmd or command to get to the command prompt. Go to the BGII directory, then run the executable from the command prompt. Hopefully it works. Remember that if you use command, filenames only support 8 characters, so make sure you have the correct SETUP-~1.EXE or whatever it is. The safest way is to use cmd.

Also, can I get more information about your system? PC/MAC/other? Version of Windows? How you installed BG1 and BG2?

I do apologise for the mistake that is in the readme file. BGT-WeiDU used to be an auto-extractable EXE file, but I stopped doing that when PestPatrol detected the file as an exploit file instead. For everyone, the first step should read:

1. Extract BGT099b-Install.rar to your BGII install directory

and NOT

1. Extract BGT099b-Install.rar, select your BGII install directory, then press Install

View Post

Yup, the command prompt was one of the first things I tried. When I used that instead it brings up C:\Games\BGii-s~1 right after asking for my BG1 directory, no chance to type anything myself before the exe. ends.

Im using a PC. Windows 98 Second Edition.

BG 1 and 2 were installed exactly as in the readme.

Custom BG1 installed with all boxes checked (the 5 CD version). Then TotSC on top, and the 5512 patch on top.

Then a full install of BG2 and TOB, with the 26498 patch.

Then TDD weidu with the patch.
Then latest TS weidu.

Then NEJ latest weidu.
And finally attempting to install BGT.

I think that should be all in order. It's what the install readme said, at any rate.

#28 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 30 June 2005 - 05:19 AM

Yup, the command prompt was one of the first things I tried. When I used that instead it brings up C:\Games\BGii-s~1 right after asking for my BG1 directory, no chance to type anything myself before the exe. ends.

Does it say anything before the exe ends. It looks like Win98 2ed doesn's support the command in the .bat file.
Go to the command prompt and type:

set /p=

The next line that shows should be typable but have no directory indication.
e.g.

C:\Games\BGii-s~1\>    set /p=
<cursor is on this line>

If the command generates an error, then this is not supported with Win98 command prompt. That is a big problem, and I'll see what I can do. It will be hard because I don't have Win98 anymore. Thanks for bringing this up

--------------
Retired Modder

#29 -Cal-

-Cal-

Posted 30 June 2005 - 05:26 AM

Does it say anything before the exe ends. It looks like Win98 2ed doesn's support the command in the .bat file.
Go to the command prompt and type:

set /p=

The next line that shows should be typable but have no directory indication.
e.g.

C:\Games\BGii-s~1\>    set /p=
<cursor is on this line>

If the command generates an error, then this is not supported with Win98 command prompt. That is a big problem, and I'll see what I can do. It will be hard because I don't have Win98 anymore. Thanks for bringing this up

View Post

No problem, I just hope you can find a work around. I've been hoping to play this for weeks :).

And no, it doesn't work. When I type C:\Games\BGii-s~1\> set /p=
it doesn't jump to a curser space just below, it instead simply opens up the same prompt again, C:\Games\BGii-s~1\>

There is no error message either. Just a blank line and then a new prompt.
Good luck!

#30 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 30 June 2005 - 05:28 AM

OK. Fixed it. Just a second while I get it online...
Never mind about this. It won't work. I will be releasing BETA2 soon to fix this. Sorry to make you and all other Win95/98/ME users download this again.

Edited by Ascension64, 30 June 2005 - 07:28 AM.

--------------
Retired Modder

#31 Yacomo

Yacomo

cartographer of the realms

• 485 posts

Posted 30 June 2005 - 06:36 AM

Can I also get a Windows 95 user, Windows NT user, Windows ME user and Windows 2000 user to type ver in their command prompt and tell me which word/number in the Windows version is 95/ME/NT/2000 and what the word/number?

For example, my version is:

Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]

XP is the third word.

View Post

This is what one of our Win200 servers says:

Microsoft Windows 2000 [Version 5.00.2195]

No 95/ME/NT machines around here anymore, sorry :(

#32 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 30 June 2005 - 06:49 AM

Can I also get a Windows 95 user, Windows NT user, Windows ME user and Windows 2000 user to type ver in their command prompt and tell me which word/number in the Windows version is 95/ME/NT/2000 and what the word/number?

For example, my version is:

Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]

XP is the third word.

View Post

This is what one of our Win200 servers says:

Microsoft Windows 2000 [Version 5.00.2195]

No 95/ME/NT machines around here anymore, sorry :(

View Post

Thanks, but I just found a website that has sample code for version checks to make my life easy! :D

--------------
Retired Modder

#33 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 30 June 2005 - 08:06 AM

BGT-WeiDU 0.99 BETA 2 uploaded to TheWizard to be put on servers. If you have already successfully installed BGT-WeiDU 0.99 BETA then you do not really need this. If you haven't installed BGT-WeiDU, are a translator, or a Windows 95/98/ME user, then downloading this new package is EXTREMELY strongly recommended. For new downloaders, get this version only. Changelist is minor but is important for Windows 95/98/ME users.

I apologise for making people download this again. PLEASE tell me if this WORKS or DOES NOT WORK under Windows 95/98/ME when you install so I can get some feedback on this update.

Installation changes
- Fixed a critical bug that prevented installation on Windows 95, Windows 98, and Windows ME systems
- Corrected link to readme file at the end of the WeiDU installation
- Several code optimisations
- Slight update to developer?s documentation
- Updated Installation and FAQ section of readme

--------------
Retired Modder

#34 Mythrantar

Mythrantar
  • 142 posts

Posted 30 June 2005 - 08:24 AM

From the readme:

SONGLIST.2DA and MUSCLIS(T).IDS is now overwritten to accommodate music overhaul

So, between BGT-weidu and BG2 are there any music slots available now, or are they all still filled?

*note to self* Should really come up with a list of questions than asking each one individually. :D

#35 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 30 June 2005 - 08:38 AM

From the readme:

SONGLIST.2DA and MUSCLIS(T).IDS is now overwritten to accommodate music overhaul

So, between BGT-weidu and BG2 are there any music slots available now, or are they all still filled?

*note to self* Should really come up with a list of questions than asking each one individually. :D

View Post

I think it says in the Known Issues section that the SONGLIST.2DA and MUSICLIS(T).IDS is filled up.

--------------
Retired Modder

#36 Mythrantar

Mythrantar
  • 142 posts

Posted 30 June 2005 - 08:40 AM

Hmmm, I should RTFM more carefully! :blush:

#37 dowish

dowish
  • 17 posts

Posted 30 June 2005 - 09:06 AM

BGT-WeiDU 0.99 BETA 2 uploaded to TheWizard to be put on servers.  If you have already successfully installed BGT-WeiDU 0.99 BETA then you do not really need this.  If you haven't installed BGT-WeiDU, are a translator, or a Windows 95/98/ME user, then downloading this new package is EXTREMELY strongly recommended.  For new downloaders, get this version only.  Changelist is minor but is important for Windows 95/98/ME users.

I apologise for making people download this again.  PLEASE tell me if this WORKS or DOES NOT WORK under Windows 95/98/ME when you install so I can get some feedback on this update.

Installation changes
- Fixed a critical bug that prevented installation on Windows 95, Windows 98, and Windows ME systems
- Corrected link to readme file at the end of the WeiDU installation
- Several code optimisations
- Slight update to developer?s documentation
- Updated Installation and FAQ section of readme

View Post

Thanks for all the hard work you and all the other modders have put into this. I've really been looking forward to this release. Now I'm just hoping my wife will let me spend some of this upcoming long weekend playing. I also want to pass on kudo's to the quick and will support your mods.

#38 -Christopher-

-Christopher-

Posted 30 June 2005 - 10:33 AM

I know nothing about copyright laws, infringement, or other legal issues, but I'd personally pay $35-50 USD for a fully compatible and self-installing version of BGT-BP-TDD-SOS-TS-NEJ1-NEJ2-CTB-DToTSC-NToTSC-BH-FR/ROV-UB-SMM-Redemption-Oversight with Weimer's items (upgrade and under-represented) and ease-of-use, Planar Sphere Quest, Taza's Shop, Aby's Shop, Black Rose Quest and Market Prices, and the bag bonus (cases and ammo belts are wonderful). That's my current dream installation (which has not yet even begun to install properly, but I'm slowly muddling through it). Does anyone out there know what the intellectual property rights are on mods and fanfic like this? It would be fantastic to get all of the developers of these FANTASTIC mods (and I cannot emphasize just how terrific it is to have these mods adding so much to a game that I already loved!) some more recognition, small compensation, etc. I'm sure that whoever owns BG1/2/TOB would be happy to sell more copies...

Just hoping
Chris
Avid BG2 player, modding infant

#39 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 30 June 2005 - 04:36 PM

Thanks for all the hard work you and all the other modders have put into this.  I've really been looking forward to this release.  Now I'm just hoping my wife will let me spend some of this upcoming long weekend playing.  I also want to pass on kudo's to the quick and will support your mods.

I just hope it works for you and others out there. :blink:

I know nothing about copyright laws, infringement, or other legal issues, but I'd personally pay $35-50 USD for a fully compatible and self-installing version of BGT-BP-TDD-SOS-TS-NEJ1-NEJ2-CTB-DToTSC-NToTSC-BH-FR/ROV-UB-SMM-Redemption-Oversight with Weimer's items (upgrade and under-represented) and ease-of-use, Planar Sphere Quest, Taza's Shop, Aby's Shop, Black Rose Quest and Market Prices, and the bag bonus (cases and ammo belts are wonderful). That's my current dream installation (which has not yet even begun to install properly, but I'm slowly muddling through it). Does anyone out there know what the intellectual property rights are on mods and fanfic like this? It would be fantastic to get all of the developers of these FANTASTIC mods (and I cannot emphasize just how terrific it is to have these mods adding so much to a game that I already loved!) some more recognition, small compensation, etc. I'm sure that whoever owns BG1/2/TOB would be happy to sell more copies...

I'm pretty sure this won't work. Especially Bonehill since that takes off aleady Wizard of the Coast and/or TSR(?) copyrighted material. I'm quite sure all modifications do not have the 'ability' to make wages, at least, I certainly haven't seen any modifications charging money in the past. The only exception is Neverwinter Nights Premium Modules, but they are Bioware-made and they have the rights to do so. Anyone who knows the correct infringement law might say something here, but that is my understanding anyway.

--------------
Retired Modder

#40 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 30 June 2005 - 07:46 PM

All of the portrait bitmaps we use would have to be removed because of copyright laws. I suspect several music/sound files would also have to be removed for the same reason. Therefore, it would be better to just pay us in beer. Though I will accept a good Kentucky bourbon as well.

Tired of Bhaal? Try some classics mods instead:
Classic Adventures
Official Classic Adventures Website