Photo

About ToB, Perhaps another modding group could make it?

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 Elof Valantor

Elof Valantor
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 March 2006 - 01:00 PM

I love this mod. A lesbian relationship just adds a little something special doesn't it? Anyway, I'd love to see the ToB part finished but I understand from reading these forums that its been cancelled, yes? Well maybe there is a way round it. Is it not possible to let a mod group take over production?

I don't know how you'll take this but I have posted on the Pocket Plane Groups forums asking if they'd be interested in helping out (but stating clearly that I am not involved in the mod and cannot really speak for it). I know that realistically the chances of it working out are like zero but I would really like to see the mod finished, and if the original creators can't do it, why not see if someone else is willing?

Just wondering what you think, and if you think it's reasonable to pass over the reigns so that us fans can have proper ending to the mod.

#2 AnnabelleRose

AnnabelleRose

The great pretender... of modding!

• Modder
  • 2083 posts

Posted 31 March 2006 - 04:57 AM

MAYB U SHUD RUN OF 2 ANOTHER FORUM AND ASK!!111!!!!1!!1111!!11!!!!1!1!111!! OMG

- The transitioned former modder once known as MTS.

#3 Aion

Aion

Soul Of Magma

• 505 posts

Posted 31 March 2006 - 05:14 AM

Sure, there are people who would like a Chloe ToB. There have been a few attempts (one of which I was involved with), but none of them went anywhere and they got dropped. Lucy herself barely has the time (or the motivation, if I'm correct), as well.

Sorry to say, but I don't think the chances of a Chloe ToB look good. :( Besides, any modder can attempt the creation of Chloe ToB (with Lucy's agreement). Doesn't necessarily have to be a modding group like "Pocket Plane" or "Gibberlings Three".

I think you'd be better off waiting for a release of a new lesbian romance mod (which will probably have more content, as the romance mod's standards have been raised since Chloe's latest release.) Check out Aliz (PC/NPC romance) or Auren (NPC/NPC romance) at Chosen of Mystra. I myself was working on Lockheart (also a PC/NPC romance), but for now she is sleeping.

#4 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 31 March 2006 - 05:15 AM

What darling MTS *means* to say is its considered far more polite to get explicit acceptance from the original author BEFORE you ask for help improving the mod.

It is considered simply the *height* of impoliteness to advertise without proper authority... :-)

#5 AnnabelleRose

AnnabelleRose

• Modder
  • 2083 posts

Posted 31 March 2006 - 05:16 AM

....... I myself was working on Lockheart (also a PC/NPC romance), but for now she is sleeping.

Yeh, we all know. :(

#6 Aion

Aion

Soul Of Magma

• 505 posts

Posted 31 March 2006 - 05:16 AM

....... I myself was working on Lockheart (also a PC/NPC romance), but for now she is sleeping.

Yeh, we all know. :(

At least she ain't dead yet. :hug:

#7 AnnabelleRose

AnnabelleRose

• Modder
  • 2083 posts

Posted 31 March 2006 - 05:22 AM

What darling MTS *means* to say is its considered far more polite to get explicit acceptance from the original author BEFORE you ask for help improving the mod.

It is considered simply the *height* of impoliteness to advertise without proper authority... :-)

Are you implying I am not polite?

/me reads post.

Yeh, so maybe you are right. Blame The AOLer Translator, it has strange powers over me!!!!

Guess my own brother was correct when he said to me at a family reunion (infront of many, don't ask why he said this either....):

"You ain't nothin' nice."

At least she ain't dead yet. :hug:

She had better not be dead.

Period.

I will find you, I have.....

SEKRIT EVAL POWARS!!!

#8 -mts_pretending_to_be_a_guest-

-mts_pretending_to_be_a_guest-

Posted 31 March 2006 - 05:26 AM

I think MTS should be BANNED! I am tired of his rudeness.

#9 Seifer

Seifer

The best Anti-Paladin weapon is a tin opener...!

• 4505 posts

Posted 31 March 2006 - 05:26 AM

I'm glad to see that translator is still getting use. Brilliant piece of kit that thing.

And I tend to agree. I don't think Lucy has dropped off the face of the planet and I'd not be keen to see anyone else interfer. I've got two mods of my own that have need of ToB content (for ages, I know). She'll get around to it when she's ready.

how come you always look so damn cool in every photo I see you in?!?

Speaking of modding, I listened to IER 3 yesterday, so you can have another quote for your signature: how come you sound so damn cool, as well as look it? It's unfair. Seriously.

Still a cyberjock, still hacking the matrix, still unsure of what that means.

TeamBG member - http://www.teambg.eu

#10 AnnabelleRose

AnnabelleRose

• Modder
  • 2083 posts

Posted 31 March 2006 - 05:31 AM

..... And I tend to agree. I don't think Lucy has dropped off the face of the planet and I'd not be keen to see anyone else interfer. ....She'll get around to it when she's ready.

Agreed.

Writer's work tends to suffer when other writers finish it for them.

I think "The Silmarillion" is a great example of that.

- This post brought to you by MTS who will finally be getting some sleep once he finishes his pipe and extracting an item file with NI.

#11 Seifer

Seifer

• 4505 posts

Posted 31 March 2006 - 05:43 AM

Technically The Silmarillion is a bad example. His son published it once he died....!

Speaking of modding, I listened to IER 3 yesterday, so you can have another quote for your signature: how come you sound so damn cool, as well as look it? It's unfair. Seriously.

#12 AnnabelleRose

AnnabelleRose

• Modder
  • 2083 posts

Posted 31 March 2006 - 05:49 AM

Been many years since I have read that.

Many years ago, I used to read all five of the Middle Earth books once a year. I could always tell the parts written by J.R.R. Tolkien and by Christopher Tolkien.

Sure, he mostly edited the book, but it felt diffrent then any of J.R.R.'s completed works.

Perhaps a bad example, but I am half asleep at my keyboard, and it makes sense in my own mind (as most things tend to do normally).

#13 Seifer

Seifer

• 4505 posts

Posted 31 March 2006 - 05:51 AM

Not wrong there methinks. Chris never had a feel for it but he did have a hell of a task when he was trawling through a lifetime of his fathers work.

#14 AnnabelleRose

AnnabelleRose

• Modder
  • 2083 posts

Posted 31 March 2006 - 05:54 AM

I do respect his intentions on publishing the book, glad to have it on one of my shelves.

It was just.... not the same.

*Edit* One last thing before bed. I do appologise to Elof Valantor. I was alot harsher then I should have been in my initial post. This is not the way of SHS, nor is it a reflection of it's staff. I think K'aeloree said what I should have said in a much more tactful manner. My words are not the way to welcome someone new to SHS.

Rather then be a coward and delete/edit my post as needed, I will leave it as is. My hope is that my appology appears more sincere that way.

Edited by MajorTomSawyer, 31 March 2006 - 05:59 AM.

#15 Lucythebeast

Lucythebeast

Chloe's bitch

• Modder
  • 593 posts

Posted 01 April 2006 - 11:22 PM

The biggest obstacle I have for writing out the ToB portions, other than my working 90 hours a week, my other writing projects, and the whole "haven't played the game since I finished the mod because I was burned out on it after all that testing" is the "have to think of different responses for different kinds of players/characters. If I refamiliarized myself with the game, I could probably get the Chloe/Imoen romance finished, the NPC banters, and the comments finished in a number of days. But the Chloe/PC romance would be the stall point, unfortunately. And I'm sure that's what people most want to see.

And IF i ever let someone else have another try at Chloe ToB, it would be only one person this time, because the whole "group" thing broke down rather quickly and I'd rather not go through that again.

Oh that reminds me, I was sent the Spanish translation a while back... I think I still have it (my computer died twice on me within a span of a week) so I guess I'll try to update the chloe files and see about getting them online. :whistling:

Save a vampire. Give blood.

#16 pro5

pro5
  • Modder
  • 722 posts

Posted 02 April 2006 - 04:21 AM

The biggest obstacle I have for writing out the ToB portions, other than my working 90 hours a week, my other writing projects, and the whole "haven't played the game since I finished the mod because I was burned out on it after all that testing" is the "have to think of different responses for different kinds of players/characters. If I refamiliarized myself with the game, I could probably get the Chloe/Imoen romance finished, the NPC banters, and the comments finished in a number of days. But the Chloe/PC romance would be the stall point, unfortunately. And I'm sure that's what people most want to see.

And IF i ever let someone else have another try at Chloe ToB, it would be only one person this time, because the whole "group" thing broke down rather quickly and I'd rather not go through that again.

Oh that reminds me, I was sent the Spanish translation a while back... I think I still have it (my computer died twice on me within a span of a week) so I guess I'll try to update the chloe files and see about getting them online. :whistling:

I'd still like to see Imoen/Chloe romance finished, if it's possible. ;)
(If not, maybe at least the ending dialogues at the throne of bhaal before/after final battle + epilogue ... )

By the way, I liked Chloe mod, too. :) So thanks for your efforts in making it.
Somewhy I didn't expect much from this mod, but it turned out to be an outstanding piece of work, - Chloe really feels like she *belongs* in that game!

#17 Radish

Radish
  • 9 posts

Posted 15 April 2006 - 11:09 PM

I would agree, I'm not particularly interested in the Chloe/PC romance as I am other stuff. No, wait, that's not true. The romance itself was a bit sparse, but the village subplot was rather interesting. Anti-spoiler stealth text: My spider senses tell me an army of the Five destroyed her village to get the boy because he's a Bhaalspawn. Love to see how that gets resolved. Perhaps Chloe would suffer a brief misprojection of blame on all Bhaalspawn everywhere for the fate of her village, causing her to call Charname terrible names and other such spicy angsty things. But I guess I'd be satisfied with generic and Imoen-romancin' Chloe content, and maybe a generic PC-romancin' epilogue. Hell, I'd probably be happy with just epilogues. Though after Chloe's alarmingly frequent interjections in SoA, her silence in ToB would be quite noticeable.

I hope you have all enjoyed my babbling, thank you, and good night.

Edited by Radish, 15 April 2006 - 11:17 PM.

#18 Lucythebeast

Lucythebeast

Chloe's bitch

• Modder
  • 593 posts

Posted 16 April 2006 - 03:55 AM

Though after Chloe's alarmingly frequent interjections in SoA, her silence in ToB would be quite noticeable.

Yes well that came about because I was annoyed at how little the NPCs spoke up in non-banter situations. It gave me the impression that they were a bunch of whipped puppies mutely following the PC around with no opinions of their own. An occasional "Hey, that sounds like a good idea!" or "Wow, this guy is nuts..." comment would have been nice. Plus there was a lot added in the final stages of the mod because testers came up with a lot of good ideas. "Chloe simply must say something here! Maybe (insert suggestions here)" came up a lot. In the larger scheme of things the comments wouldn't happen as often, but people playing romance mods have almost always played the game enough that they go straight from mission to mission and don't have to do the "aimless wandering looking for something to do" that beginners tend to do, because they don't KNOW which npcs wandering around give missions and which don't yet. And finding those random npcs that don't just spout off the generic "Why are you talking to me?" or "Hello to you too." comments was always fun too. So you know... quest comments tended to come up often because time between quests was rather short.

Save a vampire. Give blood.

#19 Zethre

Zethre
  • 90 posts

Posted 14 May 2006 - 02:05 AM

[quote name='Lucythebeast' date='Apr 16 2006, 03:55 AM' post='247524']
[quote name='Radish' post='247514' date='Apr 16 2006, 07:09 AM']
Though after Chloe's alarmingly frequent interjections in SoA, her silence in ToB would be quite noticeable.[/quote]

I always felt that the amount and type of banter coming from Chloe made her one of the most realistic npcs.
If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun

-Katharine Hepburn

#20 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 11 June 2006 - 02:21 PM

Many years ago, I used to read all five of the Middle Earth books once a year.

All 5 books?
How could that be possible when the Lord of the Rings alone is 6 books?