Oblivion Character Thread

• Please log in to reply
98 replies to this topic

#1 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 29 March 2006 - 01:40 PM

Okay, here it is: your multi-purpose Oblivion character thread. Anything about your char goes here, from screenshots to tales about your valiant/sinister quests to houses and horses. So just about anything concerning your life in Cyrodiil! Have fun! :D

My turn:

Name: Rime
Class: Archmage
Race: Breton
Birthsign: The Mage
Major Skills: Alchemy, Alteration, Conjuration, Mysticism, Illusion, Destruction & Restoration
Armour: Robe, Hood, Shoes (Varies)
Main Weapon: Mage's Staff (80 Shock dmg)
Main Defensive Spell: Invisibility for 60 Seconds
Main Neutral Spell: Feather 150pts for 300 Seconds
Main Offensive Spell: Storm of Oblivion (100 Shock dmg, 100 Frost dmg, 100 Fire dmg To Target)
Factions: Arch-Mage of the Mages Guild, Arena Grand Champion, Brother Knight of the Blades, Knight-Errant of the Knights of the White Stallion, Associate of the Fighters Guild
House: Mountain Tower (My custom tower plugin)
Battle Tactics: Invisibility, if needed, and Storm of Oblivion followed with Storm of Vengeance (100 Shock dmg, 20 Frost dmg). Rinse and repeat. Not that anyone can take that more than twice anyway... :D I love magic.

Edited by Archmage Silver, 09 August 2006 - 12:34 AM.

#2 Tom

Tom

moT

• 1403 posts

Posted 29 March 2006 - 09:42 PM

Name: Darzius (picture)
Race: Breton
Class: Battlemage
Level: 21 (currently)
Major Skills: Blade, Block, Heavy Armour, Destruction, Restoration, Speechcraft, Merchantile
Weapon: Currently a Daedric Claymore and an enchanted Daedric Longsword.
Armour: Daedric armour, Ebony helm and shield.
Magic: Offensive spells mostly focused on draining life, with a few fire spells too. His magic is otherwise centered around self-preservation.
General Tactic: Block or parry attacks and counter-attack, casting damage over time spells and healing spells when necesary.
Affiliations: Grand Master of the Arena, Associate of the Fighter's and Mage's guild, Brother Knight of the Blades.

Edited by Tom, 11 June 2006 - 07:51 PM.

Forward he cried from the rear
And the front rank died
And the general sat and the lines on the map
Moved from side to side.

#3 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 30 March 2006 - 03:27 AM

Heh, it was way too easy to become the Grand Champion of the Arena... okay, I cheated by jumping on the stone ledges around the ring and fireballed everything... and after doing the Gray Prince's quest he wouldn't even fight at all. :D

Which town you chose to set up your HQ, Tom?

Edit: Mages Guild info moved to my original post.

Edited by Archmage Silver, 04 April 2006 - 04:14 AM.

#4 Tom

Tom

moT

• 1403 posts

Posted 30 March 2006 - 04:57 AM

I'm still deciding. Maybe Bravil, but I haven't made up my mind yet.
And the front rank died
Moved from side to side.

#5 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 30 March 2006 - 09:11 AM

Heh, I had a tough time between Skingrad manor and Bruma house but ended up buying the one in Bruma because of the snowy mountain feel to the place. :)

#6 Echon

Echon

Planewanker

• 284 posts

Posted 30 March 2006 - 09:15 AM

Echon
Altmer Male Mage
Level 5

Currently exploring Cyrodiil and looking for a place to dump my loot. I assume there are no houses for sale at 130 gold or less?

-Echon

#7 Ilmatar

Ilmatar

is not here anymore.

• 2172 posts

Posted 30 March 2006 - 09:58 AM

Name: Lina
Class: Agent (not custom, the skills suited me very well)
Race: Woodelf
Weapons: Bow of Numbing and Akaviri katana
Armor: light Mithril armor
(Horse: dark brown bay horse and a Weynon Priory horse, but they both died! Damn those willow wisps. My silver arrows taught them a lesson!)
House: Berunil Manor in Anvil
Factions: Blades, Fighters Guild, Arena Grand Champion, Mages Guild, Thieves Guild
Picture over here!

I'll update this "character profile" later, when I get more levels, experiense and property. :)

Edited by Ilmatar, 17 April 2006 - 09:57 AM.

Ilmatar's portraits for the Baldur's Gate series ¤ | ¤ | ¤ Ahem. Ilmatar =/= Ilmater. ¤ | ¤ | ¤ deviantART gallery
Grunting is a perfectly acceptable reaction to being struck with a blunt instrument. -berelinde
And, just out of curiosity, my dear, what *are* you wearing? :D - Tempest to me.

#8 Tom

Tom

moT

• 1403 posts

Posted 31 March 2006 - 12:38 AM

Currently exploring Cyrodiil and looking for a place to dump my loot. I assume there are no houses for sale at 130 gold or less?

Cheapest I've seen is a shitty one in the Imperial City for 2k.
And the front rank died
Moved from side to side.

#9 Ilmatar

Ilmatar

is not here anymore.

• 2172 posts

Posted 31 March 2006 - 07:11 AM

About those houses.. there's some noble guy selling his manor - like I'd remember his name - in Anvil. He asks 5K for it, and it looks like it's in a... pretty bad shape. Also if you ask around for rumours, people talk about how he's selling it and hope that who ever buys it, will fix the manor.

So do you guys know yet that if I end up buying it, can I fix it? And is the manor even any good? I like the town, there's the fighters guild and the mages guild, so it would be cool.

EDIT: Okay, everyone, if you like the area, buy the house. I bought it. There's a quest included, you'll find out about it, believe me. But afterwards the house was beau-ti-ful and fully furnished, so 5K for a house like that (plus raise in skills because of the quest naturally) was a real bargain! *dance dance* Oh and the name was.. Berunil, I think.

Edited by Ilmatar, 31 March 2006 - 01:09 PM.

Ilmatar's portraits for the Baldur's Gate series ¤ | ¤ | ¤ Ahem. Ilmatar =/= Ilmater. ¤ | ¤ | ¤ deviantART gallery
Grunting is a perfectly acceptable reaction to being struck with a blunt instrument. -berelinde
And, just out of curiosity, my dear, what *are* you wearing? :D - Tempest to me.

#10 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 31 March 2006 - 02:19 PM

I still prefer my fully furnished Bruma house though! Cost me only 10k for the house and about 15k for the furnishings... :D

#11 Ilmatar

Ilmatar

is not here anymore.

• 2172 posts

Posted 31 March 2006 - 02:27 PM

Yeah what ev! I got a biiiig beautiful manor with good furnishing and even some nice dresses and jewelry (and there's my favourite flowers growing in the garden :D) with 5K and a bit of hack'n'slash. :D HA. Beats your 25K!

Edited by Ilmatar, 31 March 2006 - 02:32 PM.

#12 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 31 March 2006 - 02:38 PM

I got snow. Yeah! :P

#13 Tom

Tom

moT

• 1403 posts

Posted 31 March 2006 - 04:50 PM

I've now got a little shack in the middle of Bravil, 4k for the house and about 6k for the furnishings. Chose Bravil because it reminded me of Balmora in Morrowind, which I loved.
And the front rank died
Moved from side to side.

#14 Pain Elemental

Pain Elemental

Always here, just look harder.

• 643 posts

Posted 01 April 2006 - 12:22 AM

I choose Dark Elf, but I just started so I haven't redefined classes yet, so I'm still open for suggestions :)
After an eternity away from you all, I've returned.

#15 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 03 April 2006 - 10:45 AM

I choose Dark Elf, but I just started so I haven't redefined classes yet, so I'm still open for suggestions :)

Well, what did you choose? :) :D

Also updated my character profile. I love being the Arch-Mage of the Mages Guild, the quest line was top class too. :)

Edit: Oh, and you can edit robes and armor in the CS if you want your necklace to show while you're wearing robes or armor. Just open the chosen item's properties (double click) and untick "Hide Necklace". Then save the change(s) as a plugin and load it and you're ready to go!

Edited by Archmage Silver, 03 April 2006 - 10:53 AM.

#16 Ilmatar

Ilmatar

is not here anymore.

• 2172 posts

Posted 03 April 2006 - 02:44 PM

Edit: Oh, and you can edit robes and armor in the CS if you want your necklace to show while you're wearing robes or armor. Just open the chosen item's properties (double click) and untick "Hide Necklace". Then save the change(s) as a plugin and load it and you're ready to go!

Wonderful! I've been wondering why they won't show with your armor, but luckily now I can fix it. Thanks!

Hmm, I gotta get a picture of my bosmer chick here. Hey can male characters have beards? I didn't even try making a male character in the beginning. I just noticed that atleast Archmages character seems to have stubble! *EDIT: And by the way, isn't that the Amulet of Kings? :D

Edited by Ilmatar, 03 April 2006 - 02:44 PM.

#17 Tom

Tom

moT

• 1403 posts

Posted 03 April 2006 - 06:38 PM

:o spoilers!

You can have a beard, sort of. Its not very well implemented unfortunately. It looks more like your character is suffering from a bad burn than anything :(
And the front rank died
Moved from side to side.

#18 Ilmatar

Ilmatar

is not here anymore.

• 2172 posts

Posted 04 April 2006 - 02:55 AM

You can have a beard, sort of. Its not very well implemented unfortunately. It looks more like your character is suffering from a bad burn than anything :(

Naah, it wasn't nearly a spoiler, rest assured!

Hmpf. Here I thought I could make a rrrreeaaally handsome male character with a beard when I have finished with my cute little rogue. Well I gotta explore the character making a little more and see for myself what it looks like. Thanks!

#19 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 04 April 2006 - 04:07 AM

Hmpf. Here I thought I could make a rrrreeaaally handsome male character with a beard when I have finished with my cute little rogue. Well I gotta explore the character making a little more and see for myself what it looks like. Thanks!

Well, I had to tweak the skin color A LOT to get it look at least somewhat believable, and I managed quite well IMHO. I hope some modders will adress this in the near future though. :)

Edit: Oh, nay nay, the amulet is from a Bruma quest, it just happens to use the same model as the Amulet of Kings (Darn... How did they see my plan to grab the seat of power...? Now I must be very shh shh for a while).

Edited by Archmage Silver, 04 April 2006 - 04:11 AM.

#20 Ilmatar

Ilmatar

is not here anymore.

• 2172 posts

Posted 04 April 2006 - 04:25 AM

Well, I had to tweak the skin color A LOT to get it look at least somewhat believable, and I managed quite well IMHO. I hope some modders will adress this in the near future though. :)

Edit: Oh, nay nay, the amulet is from a Bruma quest, it just happens to use the same model as the Amulet of Kings (Darn... How did they see my plan to grab the seat of power...? Now I must be very shh shh for a while).

Hahah, Bruma quest my a**. :lol: :devil: I had some plans of weerld domination too, but I won't talk about it here so I wouldn't spoil anyone!

Hmm I couldn't get the stupid screenshots work. As far as I understand, in oblivion_default.ini you have to change the line " bAllowScreenShot=0 " to " bAllowScreenShot=1 " ? Is there something else you have to do?