Photo

Which NPC?

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

Poll: Who needs more? (113 member(s) have cast votes)

First choice

1. Aerie (7 votes [6.19%])

Percentage of vote: 6.19%

2. Anomen (3 votes [2.65%])

Percentage of vote: 2.65%

3. Cernd (9 votes [7.96%])

Percentage of vote: 7.96%

4. Edwin (3 votes [2.65%])

5. Haer'Dalis (8 votes [7.08%])

Percentage of vote: 7.08%

6. Imoen (23 votes [20.35%])

Percentage of vote: 20.35%

7. Jaheira (4 votes [3.54%])

Percentage of vote: 3.54%

8. Jan (1 votes [0.88%])

Percentage of vote: 0.88%

9. Keldorn (3 votes [2.65%])

10. Korgan (3 votes [2.65%])

11. Mazzy (1 votes [0.88%])

12. Minsc (11 votes [9.73%])

Percentage of vote: 9.73%

13. Nalia (6 votes [5.31%])

Percentage of vote: 5.31%

14. Sarevok (12 votes [10.62%])

Percentage of vote: 10.62%

15. Valygar (6 votes [5.31%])

16. Viconia (5 votes [4.42%])

Percentage of vote: 4.42%

17. Yoshimo (8 votes [7.08%])

Second choice

1. Aerie (1 votes [0.88%])

2. Anomen (5 votes [4.42%])

3. Cernd (6 votes [5.31%])

4. Edwin (8 votes [7.08%])

5. Haer'Dalis (7 votes [6.19%])

6. Imoen (8 votes [7.08%])

7. Jaheira (5 votes [4.42%])

8. Jan (4 votes [3.54%])

9. Keldorn (7 votes [6.19%])

10. Korgan (5 votes [4.42%])

11. Mazzy (6 votes [5.31%])

12. Minsc (12 votes [10.62%])

Percentage of vote: 10.62%

13. Nalia (7 votes [6.19%])

14. Sarevok (11 votes [9.73%])

15. Valygar (14 votes [12.39%])

Percentage of vote: 12.39%

16. Viconia (3 votes [2.65%])

17. Yoshimo (4 votes [3.54%])

Third choice

1. Aerie (7 votes [6.19%])

2. Anomen (1 votes [0.88%])

3. Cernd (11 votes [9.73%])

4. Edwin (4 votes [3.54%])

5. Haer'Dalis (9 votes [7.96%])

Percentage of vote: 7.96%

6. Imoen (7 votes [6.19%])

7. Jaheira (6 votes [5.31%])

8. Jan (2 votes [1.77%])

Percentage of vote: 1.77%

9. Keldorn (4 votes [3.54%])

10. Korgan (5 votes [4.42%])

11. Mazzy (5 votes [4.42%])

12. Minsc (7 votes [6.19%])

13. Nalia (7 votes [6.19%])

14. Sarevok (13 votes [11.50%])

Percentage of vote: 11.50%

15. Valygar (13 votes [11.50%])

Percentage of vote: 11.50%

16. Viconia (6 votes [5.31%])

17. Yoshimo (6 votes [5.31%])

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 berelinde

berelinde

Troublemaker

• Modder
  • 4916 posts

Posted 27 December 2006 - 12:39 AM

Because K'aeloree is off (hopefully) having a marvelous time on his vacation, here's a poll to see which NPCs could use more friendship content.

Sweet. I can have 3 questions with 20 choices per question, so I'll do first, second and third choices. Please remember that you should make all your selections before hitting "vote"

"Imagination is given to man to console him for what he is not; a sense of humor, for what he is." - Oscar Wilde

berelinde's mods
TolkienAcrossTheWater website
TolkienAcrossTheWater Forum

#2 berelinde

berelinde

Troublemaker

• Modder
  • 4916 posts

Posted 27 December 2006 - 12:46 AM

I voted first choice for Imoen, because the girl stays with you through thick and thin and would do anything for you. There has to be a reason.

Second choice was Valygar, because he gets a bum deal. With a little more content, his patient, tolerant, accomodating personality could have been shown more clearly. I used to dislike him, but once I couldn't get Keldorn back after sending him to reconcile with Maria (usually I accompany him, and then show up before leaving for spellhold and ask him to rejoin, but this time it didn't work out that way), and I wound up having Valygar in the party the whole time. Got to know him a lot better, and it was *so* worth it. He's got some great stuff later in the game.

Third choice was for Minsc, for much the same reason as Imoen.

"Imagination is given to man to console him for what he is not; a sense of humor, for what he is." - Oscar Wilde

berelinde's mods
TolkienAcrossTheWater website
TolkienAcrossTheWater Forum

#3 Pixel Kaiser

Pixel Kaiser

Formerly Tameon the Dragoon

• 1425 posts

Posted 27 December 2006 - 12:55 AM

Imoen is my first choice and Minsc is my second choice. I voted for both of them for the same reason; much like what BGHead said, they're CHARMAME's old buddies and have been with him/her from basically the start. The game already basically suggests that the three of them are good pals (well, unless you roleplay a jackass, I guess) and having actual friendship paths would be nice.

For my third vote, I picked Haer 'Dalis. Seeing how he's my favorite BG2 NPC, I'm guessing this is a biased opinion (for shame!). Even so, I think that it would be really cool. Ole HD knows practically no one in the Prime Material Plane, and depends on CHARNAME quite a bit. I think they should form a bond there, with that information in mind. It'd be neat.

#4 Raven_Song

Raven_Song
  • 12 posts

Posted 27 December 2006 - 02:25 AM

1. Cernd
2. Valygar
3. Mazzy

The first two were chosen because I truly believe that out of all the NPC's they were the most neglected by Bioware, and with development could both be really great characters.

The third vote was much like Tameon's, purely biased.

Edited by Raven_Song, 27 December 2006 - 02:26 AM.

Minsc: Flowers are beautiful, aren't they, Boo? I wish there were more to see.

Cernd: I see you have an appreciation for the small things, Minsc. You see the power in their simple nature.

Minsc: I don't understand much that is complicated, but the trees and the flowers are music to my eyes. Boo prefers the calm of the forest, though he suffers my company.

Cernd: Ah, you are his tree amidst the cities and people, and despite your bending and bowing in the wind, you are his stability, as I suspect he is yours.

Minsc: No, he is my hamster. You talk in circles, Cernd, but that's okay. Boo runs in them.

#5 Hide and Seek

Hide and Seek
  • 93 posts

Posted 30 December 2006 - 04:29 AM

I voted for Imoen, Minsc and then Sarevok.
The reason? If we don't count Jaheira and Viconia from BG1, these people are your friends (and ally) in BG2, and at least Imoen and Minsc should have a friendship mod included, it would be great to be able to talk with them both, give Imoen a friendly hug or commend Minsc for his battle progress. Sarevok.. well, it would be interesting to start up a chat with him.
Favourite Quotes from BG2
Minsc: Minsc will lead with blade and boot! Boo will take care of the details.
Saemon: Pardon?
Aerie: This is gonna hurt you ALOT more than me!
Sarevok: Now I return the favor!
Drizzt: Yes, yes, you have my attention.
Lilarcor: And this one's for Grandma, who said I would never amount to anything more than a butterknife!

#6 GeN1e

GeN1e

A very GAR character

• Modder
  • 1604 posts

Posted 27 January 2007 - 09:29 AM

Imoen, Minsc, Sarevok. Jaheira have already got her portion of friendship/romance while those three - haven't. As Hide and Seek has mentioned they are Charname's closest friends (even Sarevok, after his change). Plus all of them were in BG1. Oh, and Vicky too.

Retired from modding.

#7 Mordokai

Mordokai
  • 23 posts

Posted 27 January 2007 - 01:41 PM

Imoen, Valygar and Sarevok. Imoen is your sister and closest friend, who shares pretty much the same fate as you, there should be something more said about this then what we see in the game. Valygar... I just like him, his attitude and his character. And I believe there could be so much more to him than just simple I-hate-magic attitude of his. Sarevok tried to kill you once not so long ago, he is bound to bring that up once, and yet, he does not. I would like to see that corrected. The only problem with him would be that he needs two sorts of dialogues, one for his CE persona, and one for his CG. Plus, he's cool :)

#8 Kellen

Kellen

Earn a person's heart, and they'll die a thousand deaths

• 7092 posts

Posted 28 January 2007 - 06:56 AM

I think Mazzy and Haer'Dalis need more content.
"She could resist temptation. Really she could. Sometimes. At least when it wasn't tempting." - Calli Slythistle
"She was a fire, and I had no doubt that she had already done her share of burning." - Lord Firael Algathrin
"Most assume that all the followers of Lathander are great morning people. They're very wrong." - Tanek of Cloakwood

we are all adults playing a fantasy together, - cmorgan

#9 Neferit

Neferit

In the name of Gaider, we fight!

• 414 posts

Posted 05 February 2007 - 10:33 PM

Valygar - I never have had him in group along with Mazzy, so no "squire-ing" -_- :woot:

Sarevok - I've always wanted to chat with him, I adore his voice B) and imo some friendship is possible - he can redeem, right? So why not friendship with him, too?

Yoshimo (although make friendship with someone who betrays you is quite strange :wacko: )
Heck no, b - I used the word the way I use things like "twitter", and "iPod" - my first inclination is to ask "what birdcall are you studying?" and I think of "I pod, You (singular) pod, He pods, She pods, They pod, You (plural) pod, We pod..."

Writings ►☼◄ Visual Shiny Pretties ►☼◄ Another Writings

►☼◄

You think you still have some brain in your head?

►☼◄►☼◄

#10 Hide and Seek

Hide and Seek
  • 93 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 08:45 AM

Sarevok - I've always wanted to chat with him, I adore his voice B) and imo some friendship is possible - he can redeem, right? So why not friendship with him, too?

This answer might come a little late, but really, there should be. They're two brothers of Bhaal (and maybe with a sister in tow), the Three who goes up against the Five. There should be alot to discuss with Sarevok about his former life, and what he learned about Bhaal during his war campaign.

Of course, where to find all this knowledge.. :whistling:
Favourite Quotes from BG2
Minsc: Minsc will lead with blade and boot! Boo will take care of the details.
Saemon: Pardon?
Aerie: This is gonna hurt you ALOT more than me!
Sarevok: Now I return the favor!
Drizzt: Yes, yes, you have my attention.
Lilarcor: And this one's for Grandma, who said I would never amount to anything more than a butterknife!

#11 Bookwyrme

Bookwyrme
  • Modder
  • 5804 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 08:55 AM

Yoshimo (although make friendship with someone who betrays you is quite strange :wacko: )

Strange, maybe, but there's actually some implied already, in his comments and in some of the PC replies.

Besides, it ups the tragedy level.

Mods: <a data-cke-saved-href="http://www.shsforums...-auroras-shoes/">Aurora's Shoes (released),

#12 Crazee

Crazee
  • Modder
  • 533 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 09:06 AM

1) Imoen - pretty self-explanitory. Bioware didn't intend to have her after spellhold, so she was just kind of forgotten in terms of banters and interjections. She's quite an important part of the plot, so it would be nice to hear from her her experiences in Spellhold.

2) Nalia - What to say? She's not explored very much, and I think there's a great chance for a Friendship path with her. There's got to be more to her than, "I'm rich and love to help! Naivity isn't the half of it!"

3) Cernd - Same as everyone else who voted him. He barely has any content, and I want to better know my druid.

And of course I would have liked to vote for, well, every other NPC as well. The more content the better.

#13 VIIIofSwords

VIIIofSwords

I like women treacherous and manipulative.

• 594 posts

Posted 25 November 2007 - 09:25 PM

Imoen - because she's family, both literally and figuratively. One would think, out of the entire cast, she'd be the one that would talk to you the most.

Cernd - the man needs to be fleshed out more. I'd really like to know why he left his wife, as the in-game explanation seems a little contrived. Not to mention what in the world could possibly have made him think leaving his son alone is a good idea.

Sarevok - always wondered what it would be like to know this guy better. There's so much stuff about him that hasn't been explored.
"What do you do when there is an evil that your justice cannot defeat? Do you continue as you are, and allow the evil to fester? Or do you embrace one evil to defeat an evil greater still?"

"I used to dislike the idea of an unfair universe. Then I got to thinking: what if we did deserve all the awful things that happened to us, and didn't deserve any of the good? Suddenly, I found myself taking comfort in the thought of an inherently hostile and unfair universe."

VIII of Swords - my general, anything-goes blog

#14 My Anata

My Anata
  • Validating
  • 14 posts

Posted 02 February 2008 - 09:10 PM

Sarevok: As others have said before me, Sarevok is, after all, the PC's brother. In a way, he is even closer to the PC than Imoen because a) Not everyone -just the vast majority- buys into the whole "You've grown up together so you MUST be best friends" thing, b) The PC has been aware of their blood relation to Sarevok since the beginning, and c) Some people do not choose to bring Imoen along on their journey, whereas Sarevok is unavoidable in both games. He is even more versatile than Imoen in that he can potentially befriend any Charname whether you roleplay a good character or an evil one.

Yoshimo: It would certainly make the endless errand-running of chapters 2 and 3 go by faster. :rolleyes: Also, it would make his betrayal so much more interesting and personal. Maybe some people don't enjoy duplicitous NPCs tagging along after them, but imho, they're part of what makes the game so immersive. Extra content here would be even better if stretched into a romance. (What can I say? I'm a masochistic fool. ^_^ )

Minsc: Honestly, and it may seem silly, but I was always irked that he ignored my female-lawful good-aligned-spellcasting Charname and immediately asked Aerie (!) to be his new witch. This sometimes happened in the beginning of Chapter 2 when they had only known each other for three days! <_< Sorry, but after all the time he may -or, to be fair, may NOT- have spent at Charname's side, I find it infuriating that Bioware made him into yet another Avariel-coddling NPC. Thank the gods for Korgan!

"If you let the fly live, then the spider will die. You cannot save both without one suffering..." ~ Knives (Trigun)

#15 Badgert

Badgert
  • 63 posts

Posted 02 February 2008 - 11:50 PM

I think Haer'Dalis, Mazzy and Korgan need more content.

#16 Eleima

Eleima

Geek Goddess

• Modder
  • 1861 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 07:11 AM

My votes were the following:
1) Yoshimo: he's the perfect tragic figure, in my opinion. He's the guy who really isn't all that bad, but still gets stuck with doing the evil deeds (or in the case, deed). His betrayal would make a friendship track all the more poignant. Also, you could try and flesh out a lot of things about him. I'm mainly thinking of his devotion to Ilmater. One of my favorite banters with Yoshimo is one Kulyok wrote, a banter in which Yoshimo grudgingly tells Xan that he worships the Crying God. I think that spin has a lot of potential. There's also the fact that he comes from Kara-Tur, that could be explored as he swaps childhood stories with the PC. Anyways, I think he has a lot of potential.

2) Imoen: pretty much for the same reasons that have already come up. She's yourchildhood buddy turned sister, she's been there since day one, she's been kidnapped, then rescued by the PC. 'Nuff said.

3) Anomen: I'm going to get bludgeoned in the head by all the Anomen haters, but he has potential as more than your classic knight in shining armor fiancé, in my opinion. His entire background, growing up with Lord Cor, his relationship with Moira, life as a squire in the Order, his faith in Helm... He has potential, as Silrana's fanfic Canon showed.

Great poll, by the way! :)

Edited by Eleima, 14 August 2009 - 07:11 AM.

Check out my DeviantArt account, as well as my scribbling on FanFiction.net
RPGBadgeLarge.png

sig.gif

#17 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 01:54 PM

We actually do have a Yoshimo friendship, written by the illustrious Shadowhawke. :)

#18 Eleima

Eleima

Geek Goddess

• Modder
  • 1861 posts

Posted 15 August 2009 - 09:46 AM

We actually do have a Yoshimo friendship, written by the illustrious Shadowhawke. :)

I know, I know, I'm so ashamed, but it's on my "to play" list... Posted Image Believe me or not, but I haven't played through a BG2 game in *months*. But yup, it's downloaded and waiting for me! ^_^

Check out my DeviantArt account, as well as my scribbling on FanFiction.net
RPGBadgeLarge.png

sig.gif

#19 Cal Jones

Cal Jones
  • Modder
  • 1168 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 10:12 AM

The Yoshimo friendship is good - definitely give it a go. (Although I must admit I am really looking forward to the Keeping Yoshimo mod so I can have him for the whole game!)
Is anyone working on an Imoen friendship? Given that Bioware never gave her any banters, she needs it badly.

#20 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 01:14 PM

Out of all the things I could do for IEP, the Imoen friendship is the one I want to do the most... unfortunately, right now my time is extremely limited. Perhaps next year?